Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 198231 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1350 on: May 09, 2020, 01:43:09 pm »

It is true for all players. It is not included in everyone’s role pm because I put it in the setup post.

Well, regardless of anything that is happening in this game, I think possible actions that a role can do should be in the PM, so that the QT holds everything that a person can do.

Maybe I don't know, call it backseat modding or something.
Agreed but too late know for me, sorry. My role explanation was long enough for me to read, so I assumed it had all the information I needed for the game

Just give me the item and no one gets hurt.

Well, you know what I mean.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 09, 2020, 01:44:51 pm »

I think Joseph is probably telling the truth. The notebook I decided, which Another town player will be able to verify once I send them the codebook, says that whoever collects all three pieces of the bird will win the game— as an individual, not a team. Also, and I think this is flavor-relevant, it’s the journal of an archaeologist who came to this town to retrieve the final piece and assemble the owl. I think Joseph is probably that guy.

At first I thought Joseph’s claim wasn’t probably false, since it would be weird for him to have one less win con then everyone else. But the fact is, even if he’s scum, it’s ok to give him the bird, because an individual victory will remove him from the game, which would be very much like a scum kill for the arithmetic of the game. So not only should we not lynch Joseph, I think we should maybe lynch elsewhere and — if we hit scum— whoever has the final piece should give it to him. I think a shared win is totally acceptable for town at this point over a loss. Although maybe that’s bad for math of Joseph really is third party. Someone else math this.

Anyway, unvote for now.

Wait, does it imply that the person who gets the bird wins and everyone else loses? That might be the case with Joseph, in which case maybe we should lynch him
I know that I win and the game continues for everyone else. Because it's in my QT

It is true for all players. It is not included in everyone’s role pm because I put it in the setup post.

Well, regardless of anything that is happening in this game, I think possible actions that a role can do should be in the PM, so that the QT holds everything that a person can do.

Maybe I don't know, call it backseat modding or something.
Agreed but too late know for me, sorry. My role explanation was long enough for me to read, so I assumed it had all the information I needed for the game

Just give me the item and no one gets hurt.

Well, you know what I mean.
I will. But it will then presumably take another night until you can use it
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 09, 2020, 01:46:00 pm »

Can you vote scum now?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 09, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »

@joth, are you saying that anyone with the three pieces (and not just joseph) wins?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 09, 2020, 02:06:02 pm »

Can you vote scum now?
I've been trying to for most of the game

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 09, 2020, 02:08:33 pm »

Can you vote scum now?

This is true.

What are your reads, and why shouldn't you tell your reads?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1356 on: May 09, 2020, 02:33:23 pm »

Venturing out into the town, I couldn't help but overhear the chatter. It sounded like the cat was out of the bag as far as the owl was concerned. Or the owl was out of the bag about the cat? But what was the owl? Who else was looking for it? And what would happen if one of them found it before I could? I needed more information. Also more whiskey. But information was hard to come by, and I knew exactly where to get the whiskey. So I settled on that, and headed for the bar.

Vote Count 3.1

faust (1): LaLight
Joseph2303 (3): Eevee, skip wooznum, faust
MiX (1): Joseph2303
Eevee (1): A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (1): mail-mi
LaLight (1): MiX
Not voting (3): scolapasta, sudgy, jotheonah
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 3 will end at 2:30 pm ET on Wednesday, May 13th.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 09, 2020, 02:59:19 pm »

Can you vote scum now?

This is true.

What are your reads, and why shouldn't you tell your reads?
In a long game at the moment, will do it tomorrow

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 09, 2020, 03:11:25 pm »

Joth, can you say everything you know about the codebook? Everything, every detail, if I have to ask follow up questions you're scum.

This is important for me to know your alignment.

All I know about the codebook is that I started the game with it, that it is full of cyphers, and that I was able to use it to decode the notebook.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 09, 2020, 03:12:34 pm »

@joth, are you saying that anyone with the three pieces (and not just joseph) wins?

That’s my understanding from the notebook, although it’s also possible that you have to have all three pieces plus the decoded notebook— that is you have to “activate” the win con.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 09, 2020, 03:13:08 pm »

Joth, can you say everything you know about the codebook? Everything, every detail, if I have to ask follow up questions you're scum.

All I know about the codebook is that I started the game with it, that it is full of cyphers, and that I was able to use it to decode the notebook.

How about mechanical information.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 09, 2020, 03:29:37 pm »

I honestly have no idea what you’re getting at. It’s a codebook. It decodes things.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 09, 2020, 04:04:41 pm »

I honestly have no idea what you’re getting at. It’s a codebook. It decodes things.

What items did you start with?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 09, 2020, 04:15:10 pm »

Have you decoded the entire notebook? i.e. is it possible there are multiple things to decipher and you have deciphered one. I think this is unlikely, but thought I'd toss it out there.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 09, 2020, 04:16:37 pm »

That’s my understanding from the notebook, although it’s also possible that you have to have all three pieces plus the decoded notebook— that is you have to “activate” the win con.

This seems strange to me - we already now that some roles (at least generous townies) have to give an item away. So it woul be extremely hard for them to get all three pieces.

Something doesn't smell right here.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 09, 2020, 04:20:20 pm »

This seems strange to me - we already now that some roles (at least generous townies) have to give an item away. So it woul be extremely hard for them to get all three pieces.

Given this is RMM, it's somewhat likely that there's few Generous townies. It's also likely that the notebook information only works for Joseph, although less so.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 09, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »

Given this is RMM, it's somewhat likely that there's few Generous townies. It's also likely that the notebook information only works for Joseph, although less so.
This is BM.

I also have more relvevant thought, but need a minute to geather them.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1367 on: May 09, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »

I will say I struggled with whether to make this Bastard or RMM. After the game I’ll explain my reasoning and we can all decide if I made the right call. Ultimately it came down to me thinking people would be more angry about getting a bastard game when they signed up for a normal one than visa versa.

I'll give you the minute.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1368 on: May 09, 2020, 04:27:27 pm »

LaLight if you’re item is a piece of something larger and it’s made of a particular metal, I have a use for it.

joth played to an anti-town wincon yesterday.

Vote: joth

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1369 on: May 09, 2020, 04:28:08 pm »

LaLight if you’re item is a piece of something larger and it’s made of a particular metal, I have a use for it.

joth played to an anti-town wincon yesterday.

Vote: joth

As if you wouldn't do the same. Get out of town.

You're town now btw.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 09, 2020, 04:35:01 pm »

I just find the whole thing off, and I don't think joth and Joseph are both telling the truth.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for one of them to be scum and seeking the item, because if they did that, then their partners would know they're trying to betray them.

And also, scum stole one of the pieces from me. That wasn't Joseph. It would only have been joth if he was scum, but if scum knew about the owl, then they wouldn't want one of theirs to get a hold of it, so how is this order submitted?

I have doubts about the owl being a wincon-enabler at all.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 09, 2020, 04:37:57 pm »

I just find the whole thing off, and I don't think joth and Joseph are both telling the truth.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for one of them to be scum and seeking the item, because if they did that, then their partners would know they're trying to betray them.

And also, scum stole one of the pieces from me. That wasn't Joseph. It would only have been joth if he was scum, but if scum knew about the owl, then they wouldn't want one of theirs to get a hold of it, so how is this order submitted?

I have doubts about the owl being a wincon-enabler at all.

Scum stole from you without knowing what you had. You think they're BOTH scum? I think everything makes sense: there's a 3-piece item that makes someone win, except there's 1 third-party with the tools to do this, as town doesn't have enough power and scum won't coordinate to do this. Everything seems fine.

I feel like you assumed I was scum when making this theory.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 09, 2020, 04:43:09 pm »

Sure, but non generous townies are already more interesting to play, than generous townies. Why give them even one more thing to play for? the only way a generous townie could win via the owl (if this claim is true) would be to have three separate people give it to them.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't believe anyone can win with it, or maybe no one can.

ppe - same doubts as faust

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 09, 2020, 04:48:28 pm »

I mean , I guess there's the aspect of town not wanting any other town to get them or else we'd lose one member. And similarly for scum.

Still seems less likely. But not sure why joth would make that up.

So, I've think I've stated at least some of this before, but just in case.

I started with one piece (though at the time it wasn't clear to me, though maybe should have been that it was only a piece. Noticed statue on joseph's list, wasn't sure I could trust, chose to give to joth instead.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 09, 2020, 05:26:26 pm »

Scum stole from you without knowing what you had. You think they're BOTH scum? I think everything makes sense: there's a 3-piece item that makes someone win, except there's 1 third-party with the tools to do this, as town doesn't have enough power and scum won't coordinate to do this. Everything seems fine.

I feel like you assumed I was scum when making this theory.
No, on second thought it's perfectly reasonable that scum has an item Cop.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.