Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 198259 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #825 on: May 02, 2020, 09:00:03 am »

i.e. trying to get us to believe there are multiple paired roles could be a scum gambit.
Well, I have the same role as LaLight.

Did you target me last night?

How about let's lynch skip/mail-mi because scum was on Awaclus, and there was no reason for scum to push Awaclus if they were both town? I like this plan.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 02, 2020, 09:21:17 am »

i.e. trying to get us to believe there are multiple paired roles could be a scum gambit.

How about let's lynch skip/mail-mi because scum was on Awaclus, and there was no reason for scum to push Awaclus if they were both town? I like this plan.
Yes.

It's not the worst idea ever, do you still prefer skip?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 02, 2020, 09:29:35 am »

I'm voting for mail-mi right now but I can go for either.

Why me?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 02, 2020, 09:34:38 am »

I'm voting for mail-mi right now but I can go for either.

Why me?
Reasons. I think I don't quite want to tell because it may reveal something about the item, but it was something you said.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 02, 2020, 10:02:55 am »

so, unless i misread and/or forgot something, no one needs an item I have. weird
Probably I do then. My clue was somewhat cryptic
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 02, 2020, 10:13:52 am »

Why? I mean, we have no reason to assume one of us is scum anymore. I don't think Skip is scum anymore, at least, because the only big reason I was scumreading him was the 1v1.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 02, 2020, 10:57:20 am »

Why? I mean, we have no reason to assume one of us is scum anymore. I don't think Skip is scum anymore, at least, because the only big reason I was scumreading him was the 1v1.
I assume that someone is scum; why isn't it you?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 02, 2020, 12:30:42 pm »

I assume that someone is scum; why isn't it you?
Because the text in my QT is green.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 02, 2020, 12:37:30 pm »

Stream of Conscious post:

I'm not sure how, without revealing more than what we want, we need to figure out if pairs are actually a thing.

I also don't think anyone should answers faust's fruit question until he answers it himself. As I see this as another possible scum gambit re: pairs. i.e. if someone else says they got fruit, he could say he also got it, and since Awaclus is gone, there's no way to confirm if that's truthful.

Though trying to sell pairs is a dangerous gambit as once we confirm there are not (if that's the case), we'd have several lynch targets. SO I don't know. I still think it's worth trying to learn though.

Other reasons I doubt pairs:

My item did not seem like an item that would be doubled (i.e. it was not a one word thing like rope or codebook). Neither does the codebook that skip had / joth got.

And the flavor text here (though, I'm not sure how much relevance flavor text should have):
"I swear, I just need some rope to tie up my horse," said the cowboy.
"Wait, a minute, I need rope to hang the curtain back stage at my theater!" said the director.

Seems to imply same item for different purposes. So one thing worth thinking about, is there a standard mafia role that would use the rope, such that skip felt he had to claim paired sailors?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 02, 2020, 12:50:17 pm »

The flavor is just based on what we say at Day. Looking at it is quite literally confirmation bias.

There could easily be a sailor that works for the mafia. That seems to be the flavor in this game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 02, 2020, 01:01:57 pm »

Very confusing, I really have no idea what's going on. I feel others have a better grasp on what the setup/our roles look like, and everyone is giving only a little bit of the information away.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 02, 2020, 01:24:13 pm »

I also don't think anyone should answers faust's fruit question until he answers it himself. As I see this as another possible scum gambit re: pairs. i.e. if someone else says they got fruit, he could say he also got it, and since Awaclus is gone, there's no way to confirm if that's truthful.
I'm confused as to how this gambit is supposed to help scum!me. Also Awaclus was lynched, so I'm pretty sure he never used his Night action.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 02, 2020, 01:32:56 pm »

I'm trying to process all of the information that's being revealed. I think I get where faust is coming from with the fruit thing; I did not receive fruit last night

I also don't think we're looking at a game where 50% of the players are scum. If we find that we have say three matching pairs, that might make things very easy for us
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 02, 2020, 02:22:57 pm »

The flavor is just based on what we say at Day. Looking at it is quite literally confirmation bias.

There could easily be a sailor that works for the mafia. That seems to be the flavor in this game.

Sure, but this was flavor only after we knew there were two people for the rope. So this fits that. But it does specifically imply two different needs for the rope at a time when neither mail-mi or skip told us their specific need.

Not saying this is definitive in any way, but since we have townslip and scumslip, why not modslip?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 02, 2020, 02:25:38 pm »

I'm confused as to how this gambit is supposed to help scum!me. Also Awaclus was lynched, so I'm pretty sure he never used his Night action.

Hmm, I was about t to respond that passing items happens before night actions. Then I realized that passing fruit is a mafia game standard night action, and not the passing of items that this game involves.

i.e. my initial reason of thinking this was a scum gambit is incorrect.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 02, 2020, 02:49:13 pm »

So it's like... pirates?!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 02, 2020, 03:10:43 pm »

So it's like... pirates?!

Uh...not really? Just a sailor that happens to work for the mafia. That's what I'm expecting one of them to flip as.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 02, 2020, 04:11:35 pm »

so, unless i misread and/or forgot something, no one needs an item I have. weird

You can’t use it? It seems like it would be useful to someone

nothing I can do with it.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 02, 2020, 04:12:18 pm »

I didn't receive a fruit. vote: mail-mi
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 02, 2020, 04:50:01 pm »

I tried to give mail-mi the rope, but I was somehow blocked and the rope was stolen from me. I think it's probable whoever stole the rope is scum, and that they aren't the same faction as mail-mi (why would they stop me from giving him the rope if they were?), reinforcing my belief that mail-mi is probably town.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 02, 2020, 05:46:43 pm »

I tried to give mail-mi the rope, but I was somehow blocked and the rope was stolen from me. I think it's probable whoever stole the rope is scum, and that they aren't the same faction as mail-mi (why would they stop me from giving him the rope if they were?), reinforcing my belief that mail-mi is probably town.

Can confirm, I did not receive any rope.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 02, 2020, 05:50:47 pm »

How would scum know that you were giving it to mail-mi and not skip?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:48 pm »

I assumed that it was more likely that mail-mi was targeted than that I was. Could be the other way around as well.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 02, 2020, 06:05:58 pm »

I assumed that it was more likely that mail-mi was targeted than that I was. Could be the other way around as well.

So you assumed skip is scum?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 02, 2020, 06:31:29 pm »

I think both town is possible.I reread both during the night, didn't think either was all that scummy.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.