Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 198220 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: April 29, 2020, 10:26:30 am »

Mail-mi, fakeclaim.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Mail-mi, fullclaim.

Give it a minute. My role is better for town if it's not outed immediately. If I have to I will, but we still have 1.5 hours and I can be on the whole time.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:07 am »

Mail-mi, fakeclaim.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Mail-mi, fullclaim.

Give it a minute. My role is better for town if it's not outed immediately. If I have to I will, but we still have 1.5 hours and I can be on the whole time.

Sorry, I don't think you'll make it.

Can you quote your skip case?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:13 am »

Mail-mi, fakeclaim.

Coaching, I call coaching!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 29, 2020, 10:29:43 am »

/s tag in case that's needed
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 29, 2020, 10:31:18 am »

I reread the first part of the day with Skip. So first it takes him a few posts after mine (there are three of his posts between my list and the one where he brings up that we share an item) and then he lists 3 different possibilities of what it could be. At this point, he is not making it a 1v1 but leaving it open to possibilities. Then he reveals that it's on my list, then votes for me. However, again he is not making this a 1v1 because he says right after he votes me:

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

So he still isn't intent on making this a 1v1. I think town would be more gungho about a 1v1 because a 1-for-1 trade town-for-scum is much better for town than it is for scum, especially this early on.

Also he allows me to claim the item I need first, so he has a plan on what to go off of. He could have lied and said he doesn't need to rope, so perhaps there are some townpoints there, but not enough to make up for what happened earlier.

There's my skip case, take it or leave it (I prefer you take it cause he's scum)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 29, 2020, 10:31:28 am »

I reread the first part of the day with Skip. So first it takes him a few posts after mine (there are three of his posts between my list and the one where he brings up that we share an item) and then he lists 3 different possibilities of what it could be. At this point, he is not making it a 1v1 but leaving it open to possibilities. Then he reveals that it's on my list, then votes for me. However, again he is not making this a 1v1 because he says right after he votes me:

So he still isn't intent on making this a 1v1. I think town would be more gungho about a 1v1 because a 1-for-1 trade town-for-scum is much better for town than it is for scum, especially this early on.

Also he allows me to claim the item I need first, so he has a plan on what to go off of. He could have lied and said he doesn't need to rope, so perhaps there are some townpoints there, but not enough to make up for what happened earlier.

There's my skip case, take it or leave it (I prefer you take it cause he's scum)

Also of note that I was the first to pronounce him as scum more definitively, in this post:

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

The item I need appears in mail-mi's list.

Vote: mail-mi

Interesting. I listed the item I need plus 4 random ones. I think that makes you more likely scum than town, if you happen to need the same item I do.

vote: skip

So I pushed more for the 1v1 than skip.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:17 am »

My role is better for town if it's not outed immediately.
I see, unlike the many roles that are best when outed at the start of the game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:49 am »

Oh, snarky faust is my favorite faust!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 29, 2020, 10:34:34 am »

My role is better for town if it's not outed immediately.
I see, unlike the many roles that are best when outed at the start of the game.
::)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 29, 2020, 10:37:54 am »

I will claim when there's about an hour left til deadline

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 29, 2020, 10:44:07 am »

In regards to why I like my ADK vote:

He first suggested the "plan" that has led us down this road (to an end that I believe is TvT) in post 157:

"Ok, if there are people who need specific items, and we want to try and get them to them, then how about this for a plan: everyone posts a list of five items. If you need an item, you include in your list, alongside four things that you just make up. You don't need an item you just make up five things. If you see an item you have on someone's list, you can make a somewhat informed decision about whether or not to give it to them. Gives people some guidance on giving items while giving scum very little actual information.

Thoughts?"

At first I didn't really think much about the suggestion, as I've stated before - I don't need any items at all (nothing in my PM says that I need or am looking for anything), so this whole exercise didn't really matter to me. But aside from the situation we're in now being an obvious drawback, it's also possible that knowing what items people need benefits scum - they might have items they're forced to give away, and don't want them to go to the correct people. Or they might have the ability to scramble items and want more control. Or maybe they know what certain items do and WANT to pair the item to it's owner for any number of reasons. The whole thing just reeks of control.

I didn't like the way he voted Joth in #187 immediately following Joth's vote of Scola - I thought Joth's point was valid (that it seems a stretch for Scola to be surprised by the concept that scum might have N0 chat), and the way ADK phrased his vote felt off to me - that Joth's argument "comes more often from scum looking for a reason to discredit towncred". I don't know that I can put my finger on it, but it did seem strange. It also stood out to me that his very next post, #215, was questioning why having more than one wagon was a good thing - this post came immediately following Mail-Mi & Joseph voting Scola. So twice in a row he jumped in to try and knock steam out of a Scola wagon.

ADK's response in #243 gave me weird pre-planned vibes, which, along with his questioning of faust's unexplained vote for Skip in #256 just rubbed me the wrong way. This has been the sole data point that I've had that suggests Skip might be scum, and why I prefer him over Mail-Mi.

ADK then votes Mail-Mi over Skip, then Eevee, then MiX in #395 - calling MiX's questioning of Skip asinine (if Skip would self-vote if Mail-Mi flips town). I argued with ADK at the time regarding his statement, but again, he's just felt off in the way he's defended certain people - first Scola, and more recently Skip. Definitely not in a "I'm town that's town reading these people" kind of way.

The last point has occurred after my vote on ADK, but just kind of fits this trend that I've felt from him. His responses just haven't really felt like they're coming from a townie place, his timing has felt weirdly off, his "plan" definitely doesn't feel like it's helped or will help town... and, yeah. That's that.

Between Mail-Mi and Skip, definitely vote: skip. Not convinced it's not TvT, but I have 2 scum reads on Mail-Mi, 1 scum read on Skip, and 1 scum read not voting... so...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 29, 2020, 10:44:42 am »

So in 20 minutes? I’m not sure why on the delay

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 29, 2020, 10:46:24 am »

Sorry, meant to get that out there last night. Took longer to finish up my work than I thought it would, had a trivia night with Swan & Raptor, and then was just dead tired after. Worked on typing some of it up but just couldn't keep my eyes open. Figured it was better to post it now than not post it at all.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 29, 2020, 10:46:37 am »

So in 20 minutes? I’m not sure why on the delay

So I can eat breakfast.  :P

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 29, 2020, 10:47:31 am »

mail-mi, claiming now is best, in case it makes us not want to lynch you.  We don't have time at this point to lynch anybody else, and your stalling is making it more scummy.

Didds, I'm from Portland.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 29, 2020, 10:49:33 am »

Skip is at L-2 now

Sudgy, I love Portland! Covid stole my the trip we had planned in May. Between wine, beer, edible, and good ice cream it’s the stuff of dreams!

Breakfast is fair. and feels less arbitrary than an hour.

Good morning, Galzy!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 29, 2020, 10:50:11 am »

mail-mi, claiming now is best, in case it makes us not want to lynch you.  We don't have time at this point to lynch anybody else, and your stalling is making it more scummy.

Didds, I'm from Portland.

The good thing is, I just got to my computer and my poptarts are in the toaster, so I'm good now.

I am a Sailor, and my PM says I'm pretty good with rope and I can tie people up if I get one, which protects them and roleblocks them. So I'm a VT without the rope, a Jailkeeper with it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 29, 2020, 10:51:36 am »

Skip is at L-2 now

Sudgy, I love Portland! Covid stole my the trip we had planned in May. Between wine, beer, edible, and good ice cream it’s the stuff of dreams!

Breakfast is fair. and feels less arbitrary than an hour.

Good morning, Galzy!

'Morning! I've been up since 5:00... Had to answer some questions on the project that was completed last night. I'm not an early AM person... :P

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 29, 2020, 10:53:16 am »

Your case was based on a misintepretation, skip pushed the 1v1 more than you.

Cool claim? Do you not have an item?

Skip, are you here? Thoughts?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 29, 2020, 10:55:06 am »

Your case was based on a misintepretation, skip pushed the 1v1 more than you.

Cool claim? Do you not have an item?

Skip, are you here? Thoughts?

Let me go reread Skip right around that time again without the misinterpretation.

I have an item. It's a Baseball Cap. It doesn't do anything for me.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 29, 2020, 10:56:43 am »

For the record, I feel like tying people up to jailkeep them is a bit of a stretch.  What if he's a scum roleblocker and made up the doc part?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 29, 2020, 10:58:01 am »

For the record, I feel like tying people up to jailkeep them is a bit of a stretch.  What if he's a scum roleblocker and made up the doc part?

I didn't. You can believe that if you want, but I didn't.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 29, 2020, 10:58:46 am »

Weird, I presumed one of skip/mail had the rope-becomes-JK part.

Mail-mi's obv!town btw. Hammer withdrawn

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 29, 2020, 10:59:42 am »

Weird, I presumed one of skip/mail had the rope-becomes-JK part.

Mail-mi's obv!town btw. Hammer withdrawn

So then what will we do?  No Lynch?  We have one hour.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 29, 2020, 11:00:32 am »

I also assumed the rope was to tie people up. Or make a noose.

But does it make Skip any scummier than before?  Two town JKs is too much, but maybe there is only one rope
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.