Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338064 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 4 START!)
« Reply #3000 on: July 06, 2012, 07:31:34 pm »

No Robz.  Massclaim is dumb.  Massclaims should only happen when they might change the lynch of the current day.  No one has come up with any sort of decent reason not to lynch Axxle2.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 06, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »

oh, you realized that yourself later.  I was just jumping to post because i was worried someone would claim out of turn.

Carry on.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 06, 2012, 08:01:03 pm »

No one has come up with any sort of decent reason not to lynch Axxle2.

Are you not finding Axxle's posts a decent reason not to lynch him?

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 06, 2012, 08:03:09 pm »

I claim town. wait, no, too soon, I retract!

I honestly don't see a better plan than lynching Axxle. All signs suggest he's the most likely scum of everyone left alive. I don't have any notes on his (Axxle1, Green Opal and Axxle2's) attitude to O in days 1 and 2, but it could be revealing, I guess?

Mmm... last night certainly was confusing. I think it's certainly very likely a doctor did something last night - if a one shot, it was probably well used, even if it did make things crazy.

Also can I just check, is the SK obliged to kill?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 06, 2012, 08:09:55 pm »

Is that it pops?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 06, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »

I am just kinda convinced that Occam's Razor suggests we lynch Axxle today.  Scum wouldn't roleblock Dsell.  Town wouldn't protect Axxle.  Axxle and Dsell being scum together is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 06, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »

No role is obliged to use their nighttime abilities.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:55 pm »

Vote Count 4-1

Axxle (1): Captain_Frisk

Not voting {7}: Dsell, Robz888, Glooble, popsofctown, Tables, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Axxle

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Friday, July 20, at 7:59 a.m. EDT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 06, 2012, 08:53:57 pm »

This is the part where we rapidly quiz people on the contents of the "Dominion qualifiers finals order" thread to determine who was not on f.ds overnight and explain the missing nightkill.

First quiz question, did Donald say verbally announcing the score out loud is legal or illegal.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

whoever takes too long to answer is clearly researching.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 06, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »

It's been like 90 seconds.  You're all SKs

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 06, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »

This is the part where we rapidly quiz people on the contents of the "Dominion qualifiers finals order" thread to determine who was not on f.ds overnight and explain the missing nightkill.

First quiz question, did Donald say verbally announcing the score out loud is legal or illegal.
That was a thread I avoided in order to retain my belief that this forum is saner than most others.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:01 pm »

Occam's Razor
It is incredibly difficult to argue against that.  And I put out my theories already.  You'll just have to judge for yourselves.

At this point I wish our power roles weren't ALL duds... (except for that doctor I guess)

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 06, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »

I am just kinda convinced that Occam's Razor suggests we lynch Axxle today.  Scum wouldn't roleblock Dsell.  Town wouldn't protect Axxle.  Axxle and Dsell being scum together is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Occam's Razor really doesn't apply here. It's a probability thing. What's the chance X happened? What's the chance X AND Y happened? Given Z, what's the chance of X and Y etc.

Scum might roleblock DSell, and that's the problem. Especially scum who want to be able to claim scum wouldn't.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »

I'm out. Goodnite all, have fun.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: July 06, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »

I am going to go ahead and Vote: Axxle. I see no lynching anybody else. Really, we just have to know about him one way or the other (or the other other) at this point.

If we're wrong, and he's town, we go into the night with 7 people. We could lose two more townies. Worst case scenario, we have 5 people alive tomorrow, split the following way (worst case scenario): 2 town, 2 mafia, 1 SK. That's pretty bad; the SK still being alive is the only thing preventing a mafia victory, if my understanding is correct. So we would need to lynch a mafia, not the SK, to avoid losing.

Let's say we do lynch a mafia at that point. We go into that night with 2 townies, 1 mafia, and 1 SK. Then I think we still probably lose, unless the mafia and SK kill each other. If the mafia kills the Sk and the Sk kills a townie, the mafia win. If the SK kills the mafia and the mafia kills a town, the Sk wins. If they kill both townies, I don't know who wins, but it sure ain't the town.

So actually, we're in for some pretty grim worst case scenarios if Axxle is none of the above. Gulp.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »

But the fact that I had to point this out, rather than Axxle shouting it, "Lynch me and slow death awaits the town! Lynch me and lose later!!!" gives me a lot of hope.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 06, 2012, 09:54:24 pm »

I am going to go ahead and Vote: Axxle. I see no lynching anybody else. Really, we just have to know about him one way or the other (or the other other) at this point.

If we're wrong, and he's town, we go into the night with 7 people. We could lose two more townies. Worst case scenario, we have 5 people alive tomorrow, split the following way (worst case scenario): 2 town, 2 mafia, 1 SK. That's pretty bad; the SK still being alive is the only thing preventing a mafia victory, if my understanding is correct. So we would need to lynch a mafia, not the SK, to avoid losing.

Let's say we do lynch a mafia at that point. We go into that night with 2 townies, 1 mafia, and 1 SK. Then I think we still probably lose, unless the mafia and SK kill each other. If the mafia kills the Sk and the Sk kills a townie, the mafia win. If the SK kills the mafia and the mafia kills a town, the Sk wins. If they kill both townies, I don't know who wins, but it sure ain't the town.

So actually, we're in for some pretty grim worst case scenarios if Axxle is none of the above. Gulp.
Yep.

Vote: Pops  Who's my strongest scum read right now.  He really didn't do much to prevent the Joth lynch except for calling us all idiots from the sidelines.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #3018 on: July 06, 2012, 09:57:31 pm »

Ok, I've been at work all day, but it seems pretty cut and dry to me. As stated earlier there are three scenarios:

1.DSell was lying and is mafia

I can't think of any reason for scum DSell not to shoot Axxle besides Axxle being his partner. If DSell is scum, Axxle is almost definitely also scum.

2.DSell was lying and is SK

WHy wouldn't he have shot Axxle? If he didn't, why did Axxle survive? THe only scenario that seems remotely plausible to me here is that the mafia roleblocked him to cause confusion, but then they were giving up a town kill this late in the game and that's a huge gambit. Also, that still leaves one nightkill unaccounted for

3. DSell was telling the truth.

See above. Or SK Axxle is bulletproof.

I'm confident enough with this assessment.

Vote: Axxle

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: July 06, 2012, 10:46:55 pm »

Vote Count 4-2

Axxle (3): Captain_Frisk, Robz888, Glooble
popsofctown (1): Axxle

Not voting {4}: Dsell, popsofctown, Tables, SwitchedFromStarcraft

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Friday, July 20, at 7:59 a.m. EDT

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: July 06, 2012, 11:38:37 pm »

If Axxle flips town, I think the question that should be asked is, who would play the gambit we've just seen as Mafia? I'd say... Pops and Robz would certainly consider it.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:27 am »

Vote: Axxle

I know that I'm not mafia or SK, and I honestly don't know whether Axxle is mafia, SK, or town, I see situations in which he could be any of them. Unfortunately for him there are more scenarios in which he's scum, and I don't think we'll learn much of anything without this lynch.

Honestly guys it doesn't make much sense for me to be SK. I've pointed out that I wasn't suspicious of Theorel day 1, and I was the one who first raised awareness of the possibility of a SK among a pool of Robz, Jo, myself, and a few others.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: July 07, 2012, 02:08:06 am »

I was the one who first raised awareness of the possibility of a SK among a pool of Robz, Jo, myself, and a few others.

err...

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 07, 2012, 02:20:50 am »

I was the one who first raised awareness of the possibility of a SK among a pool of Robz, Jo, myself, and a few others.

err...

This is exactly my point. I realized that the case I was making pointed the finger of suspicion squarely on myself among others. What I'm saying is that if I were the SK, making that case would be really foolhardy because I might be able to go through the game without drawing any suspicion to myself.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: July 07, 2012, 02:22:47 am »

err...

This is exactly my point. I realized that the case I was making pointed the finger of suspicion squarely on myself among others. What I'm saying is that if I were the SK, making that case would be really foolhardy because I might be able to go through the game without drawing any suspicion to myself.
I could say a similar thing about me, I think. Maybe. Kinda.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.