Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338063 times)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1125 on: June 08, 2012, 05:08:02 pm »

This is a test post, given our recent problems with the site.  I can't imagine no one posting in an hour.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 08, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

This is a test post, given our recent problems with the site.  I can't imagine no one posting in an hour.
Test successful.  I am not posting because I'm pretty sure I've figured out all of the scum, and everyone's roles, and am just double checking it.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 08, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »

Test successful.  I am not posting because I'm pretty sure I've figured out all of the scum, and everyone's roles, and am just double checking it.
Well that's a very bold claim. Care to enlighten us?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 08, 2012, 05:16:24 pm »

Was just needling SFS who is apparently seeing triples.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 08, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »

Oh right. Jokes. I like those.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 08, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

Was just needling SFS who is apparently seeing triples.
Double triples. :)
Posting begets posting.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 08, 2012, 05:30:39 pm »

It is pretty boring over here.  We're @ 7.  No-one on the bandwagon has shown any interest in getting off.  RobZ won't be moving on.  Galz and Axxle are offline.  We're about to go into the weekend, where posting patterns are going to shift (I'm going to go silent, people who can't post at work might be more talkative).  Why not have some fun with SFS?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 08, 2012, 05:34:43 pm »

Hey, I take offense at that! I'm never offline! I've got (nearly) 20 days logged to prove it!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 08, 2012, 05:35:44 pm »

I think it's time to restate my "Galzria is a dominion and mafia playing AI gained sentience" theory.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 08, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

Hey, I take offense at that! I'm never offline! I've got (nearly) 20 days logged to prove it!

At some point a few minutes ago - it said you were offline - which I noted as completely out of character.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 08, 2012, 05:36:49 pm »

It is pretty boring over here.  We're @ 7.  No-one on the bandwagon has shown any interest in getting off.  RobZ won't be moving on.  Galz and Axxle are offline.  We're about to go into the weekend, where posting patterns are going to shift (I'm going to go silent, people who can't post at work might be more talkative).  Why not have some fun with SFS?
Fabulous idea, cause you know that I'm still trying to lie low.  Besides, Ima fun guy, for an old fart.  I like juggling, origami,  oh wait, I thought I was posting in Mafia III. ???
Posting begets posting.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 08, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 08, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »

At some point a few minutes ago - it said you were offline - which I noted as completely out of character.

It was SFS's fault for mentioning server crashes.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1138 on: June 08, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

Glooble - many of the things he says feel like he's just rehashing what others have said.  Scum read here.

And others of you have said similar things about me lately. I'm not super worried about it, but since we have time, I thought I'd address it.

I went back and reviewed Axxle's case. Several things popped out at me, and I stated them so you would all know why I was voting for him. It so happens that many of these things were brought to my attention by Galz, pops and others. That's what happens when you're the sixth person on a band wagon. If know one gets swayed by what other people say, what's the point of anyone saying anything? If everyone has to have brand new ideas every time they post, I'm pretty sure you never get a lynch. Sometimes a townie needs to sit back, read the existing arguments, and join whichever existing bandwagon seems viable.

I'm not blindly trusting Galz or anyone else. They said things about Axxle, I read back and found their posts convincing. I didn't find anything startling new to add, so I just tried to restate what they'd said and give a little more detail on some of Axxle's actions and why they seem scummy. Specifically, my theorizing on his reason for giving us the articles. I'm sorry I'm not contributing as much as some of you, but I'm doing my best with a very confusing and overwhelming game. Perhaps Day 2 when we have more concrete info I will find more useful connections.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 08, 2012, 06:06:17 pm »

@ All:

Where the heck is Tables? He's only posted twice since yesterday about noon EDT (#897 and #928), and was leaning towards voting Axxle in those two posts.

VOLTGLOSS: IF I CAN TRUST THE PROFILE INFO, GREEN OPAL HAS NOT POSTED FOR MORE THAN 48 HOURS.  CAN YOU PING HIM PLEASE?
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 08, 2012, 06:10:51 pm »

It was SFS's fault for mentioning server crashes.

Again, to correct the record:  I used a very generic phraseology "problems with the site".

I would never anger the god of the pre-gloat by mentioning the words that Galzria did.  I also don't quote from the Scottish play, or mention the number that falls between 6 and 8 once the come-out roll is made.

What, do you think I'm new?  (Robz, this one doesn't count).
Posting begets posting.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 08, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »

Hi
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 08, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »

Will check intermittently as long as my phone survives.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 08, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »

Damn, I started typing INSIDE the quote tags.  Oh well, you guys will figure it out, I'm not retyping just for humor.

EVERYONE NOTE:  Galzria's words in the above quote end at "for mentioning s.....  cr...es."
Posting begets posting.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 08, 2012, 06:20:45 pm »

Damn, I started typing INSIDE the quote tags.  Oh well, you guys will figure it out, I'm not retyping just for humor.

EVERYONE NOTE:  Galzria's words in the above quote end at "for mentioning s.....  cr...es."

I performed on stage for about 10 years. We grew past most* superstitions.

Now the baseball coaching on the other hand.....

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 08, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »

VOLTGLOSS: IF I CAN TRUST THE PROFILE INFO, GREEN OPAL HAS NOT POSTED FOR MORE THAN 48 HOURS.  CAN YOU PING HIM PLEASE?

I have sent a prod to Green Opal.  He has 48 hours from now to post in this thread, or risk replacement.  (If Night 1 starts before then and the thread becomes locked, he must PM me by that same deadline instead.)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 08, 2012, 06:26:30 pm »

Apologies regarding activity. Exam tomorrow, been feeling generally lazy all day and haven't had access to a laptop. Haven't read beyond the end of page 38 yet except skimming this page. Axxle is at -1? That's... interesting. Interesting enough that I actually want to read what's happened and chime in.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 08, 2012, 06:29:59 pm »

Apologies regarding activity. Exam tomorrow, been feeling generally lazy all day and haven't had access to a laptop. Haven't read beyond the end of page 38 yet except skimming this page. Axxle is at -1? That's... interesting. Interesting enough that I actually want to read what's happened and chime in.

I should hammer Axxle right now, just for the irony points (this is MII reference).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 08, 2012, 07:00:07 pm »

I'll catch up on this thread during night.   You dudes are posting a bunch because iso is down huh?

@O: Can we be frenemigos?

@Joth: I think you asked me a question and I forgot.  Could you ask it again?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 08, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »

Tables is the only one that's really read to me as being significantly suspicious of both.  Though I think all have said they'd be willing to lynch jo if they thought getting scum was unlikely.

I have certainly been significantly suspicious of both. I'm much less suspicious of Joth right now, and Axxle I'm kinda 40/60 on mafia/town, which is probably good enough. But the second point... what? No, I've never said anything like that, I don't think anyone's said anything REALLY like that in a serious way.

Unfortunately, I don't have an awful lot to add regarding Axxle. His claim is unsurprising, and kinda believable actually. He's playing pretty reasonably for how I'd expect VT to play. OTOH, he's also playing pretty reasonably for a mafioso pretending to be VT. There's also a WIFOM argument in there (Wine in Front of Me, look it up if you're unfamilar and interested) where him knowing a PR claim would be less likely to get him lynched, so not claiming one makes his claim more likely true. Ah, but he'd know that, so he could be mafia double bluffing. In which case a VT claim is bad for mafia, so mafia would claim a PR knowing a PR claim would be less likely to get him lynched (and repeat ad infinatum).

I have two things I want to add before the day ends.

1) Post 766 by Robz, where he more or less agreed with my list. He added some original analysis, but I got a distinct flavour of Robz trying to buddy up to me, which unnerved me a little. Not sure exactly what to think, but I wanted to record it.

2) O I've found fairly annoying recently, in a kind of passive, unfun to read his posts kind of way. I think I'll have to give it another look during the night to see if it's indicating something sinister, or just O being annoying. But generally combined with his unhelpful earlygame behaviour, I have my eye on him, in short.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.