Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338066 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #450 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:12 pm »

Pops is online for some time, he posted some short time ago in his Fan Expansion thread. (are things like this too metagame-y? I mean, things like following people on forum (or even Iso!))

It's not too meta in the sense that it's allowed, but Pops probably cares a good amount about his fan expansion and I wouldn't think it means too much if hes spending time in that thread and ignoring this for a bit.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »

Pops is online for some time, he posted some short time ago in his Fan Expansion thread. (are things like this too metagame-y? I mean, things like following people on forum (or even Iso!))

I'm aware of online/offline status, but try to not use it in accusations, as it isn't directly game related, is easily defendable, and makes it look like your mission to lynch is WAY to directed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »

I don't care if he's on iso. The world doesn't revolve around Mafia. But if he's on the forum we have to assume he's following the thread.  He can at least pop (heh) in and say: "Be with you in a minute" or something.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 04, 2012, 10:59:34 pm »

Well, I'm going to bed. If you guys are gonna stay up and play, I'd love it if someone would weigh in on SFS (thank you Axxle for at least giving it some consideration). Dude only has like 3 posts to analyze. But I think there's something there. See you all in the morning I guess.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »

uh.  be with you in a minute.  I'm not up to date on the thread.  Trying to work on a fan expansion, this, and homework-until-i-get-frustrated-and-give-up at the same time.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:30 pm »

Your question answered itself.  Your misunderstanding arises for oversimplification.

This is really interesting.  I have a mental view of you and your style based on your moderation of M1 - but you're completely different over here. 

I am inherently suspicious of anyone who seems confident that they know what they are doing - like there is some kindof master plan.  Maybe its just lack of experience, but it seems like there's really no way to truly have that level of confidence.  I'm keeping an eye on you.

Pre Post Edit - 6 MORE?
Oh - and Unvote  I'm not really any more suspicious of Galzria than anyone else at this point.

Oh - Volt - I had UNVOTEd a while back - before your most recent vote count.  I doubt it matters, but for accuracy.  I'm not up to speed on thread - so won't comment - but would generally recommend against lynching someone 5% of the way through our allotted time.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 04, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »

I've been in a game like that.  I decided to come out as cop with an innocent on the day 2 lynch target to try to get the game on the right track.  And I did.  One of my least satisfying wins as mafia though.
(there's a moral here)

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:15 pm »

I've been in a game like that.  I decided to come out as cop with an innocent on the day 2 lynch target to try to get the game on the right track.  And I did.  One of my least satisfying wins as mafia though.
(there's a moral here)
err... what is this in response to?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 04, 2012, 11:25:28 pm »

If I don't specify my stimulus, it's the last portion of the most recent post.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #459 on: June 04, 2012, 11:27:25 pm »

Ok, it just felt really disconnected.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 04, 2012, 11:30:17 pm »

(there's a moral here)
err... what is this in response to?

What I got from it was that he fakeclaimed (came out as cop, declaring lynch target day 2 is a confirmed innocent - went on to win as Mafia). What his point is, who he's talking to, or why he feels it's so important for him not to give straight answers, I don't know. Thoughts? Gruj? Axxle? Robz? O?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 04, 2012, 11:31:50 pm »

I really don't understand much of what Pops is saying ATM...

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 04, 2012, 11:31:59 pm »

THIS POST WAS STARTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER READING #444.  NOTE: MY SIGNATURE HAS ADDED AN ABBREVIATION FOR JOTHEONAH.

What the hell have I gotten myself into.  This is an insane amount of material.  I'm up to the minute as I begin this post. I will post more later tonite on the issues that have come up surrounding me specifically since I was last current.  Note that my schedule is somewhat irregular as I am the caregiver for my elderly mother. Things come up that keep me away from the keyboard for long periods of time (3+ hours) - meals, outings, etc.  However, I stay logged in, because its just easier.  FFR, my intent is to spend the most amount of time here between about 20:30 and 23:59 EDT (UTC -5?)

My spreadsheet is handwritten (I'm a dinosaur compared to you guys), so I'll take things in order I wrote them down.  Here's what I've noticed from today, and/or want to pursue:

1) At #337 (p14), JO wrote: "We can't be looking for obvious tells, but we should hunt for subconcious ones." This statement hit me oddly.  The first part of it somehow feels like an overt subliminal suggestion (if there could be such a thing) not to look for tells. Just doesn't give off the right vibe somehow.

2) @ O, (or should I say @. - don't want to leave you bummed at not having an abbreviation, cause ya know, JO has one now): In #275 (p12), you stated "and that I'm not voting randomly (by the rickroll) anymore so your point was completely moot".  Can you provide me with the post # in which you made it clear that you had abandoned your intent to vote randomly?  I must have missed it.  Also, what's a "rickroll"? (Please don't say "$20, same as in town").  no pun intended

3) @O again: In #350 (p15) you said "...RVS doesn't mention anything about Jokes or Humor, which most of the random votes have been (notable exception: Popsofctown)". I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to get across?  Can you elaborate?

More in the next hour.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 04, 2012, 11:34:21 pm »

He's responding to the lynch at 5% time allotted that CF mentioned.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:44 pm »

2) @ O, (or should I say @. - don't want to leave you bummed at not having an abbreviation, cause ya know, JO has one now): In #275 (p12), you stated "and that I'm not voting randomly (by the rickroll) anymore so your point was completely moot".  Can you provide me with the post # in which you made it clear that you had abandoned your intent to vote randomly?  I must have missed it.  Also, what's a "rickroll"? (Please don't say "$20, same as in town").  no pun intended

I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to have to give you minus 100 internets.

This is a rickroll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0. Its a link people send other people to as a prank, which I did in my proposed-randomized voting part.

I listened to Captain Frisk (i'll find his post in a sec) when he said I had already started discussion and didn't need the random vote anymore.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 04, 2012, 11:36:48 pm »

1 - Galzria
2 - Dsell
3 - Insomniac
4 - Robz888
5 - Captain_Frisk
6 - Axxle
7 - theorel
8 - Glooble
9 - popsofctown
10 - Tables
11 - Grujah
12 - jotheonah
13 - SwitchedFromStarcraft
(0)/14 - Green Opal

Last three digits mod 14 of the view count of This Video by 5 PM EST

Damnit O - this is a bad idea too.  There's no way for ANYONE else to know what the viewcount @ 5pm is... especially since the # is always moving.  You'll be able to claim anything you want - with no way for us to know.  You might as well pick a name from a hat - another unverifiable randomization process.

Anyhow - you've already accomplished the discussion - why don't you just skip the random voting and accuse someone?

To be honest, I just wanted to rickroll someone (though I could always Screencap that statistic).

And I've found Axxle very erratic this game so far. i feel like he's trying to be me, which annoys me. Only I get to do that  ;D

This is where I abandon the random-voting tactic

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 04, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »

3) @O again: In #350 (p15) you said "...RVS doesn't mention anything about Jokes or Humor, which most of the random votes have been (notable exception: Popsofctown)". I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to get across?  Can you elaborate?

More in the next hour.

Finally, post #350 was in response to the article which Axxle (I believe Axxle) linked us all in the first day. The comment is solely saying how I disagree with the article, and while you're welcome to read the article to try to gleen some mafia perspective on me from it, it's not altogether amazingly relevant to who is or isn't mafia.   ;)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 04, 2012, 11:39:46 pm »

THIS POST WAS STARTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER READING #444.  NOTE: MY SIGNATURE HAS ADDED AN ABBREVIATION FOR JOTHEONAH.

What the hell have I gotten myself into.  This is an insane amount of material.  I'm up to the minute as I begin this post. I will post more later tonite on the issues that have come up surrounding me specifically since I was last current.  Note that my schedule is somewhat irregular as I am the caregiver for my elderly mother. Things come up that keep me away from the keyboard for long periods of time (3+ hours) - meals, outings, etc.  However, I stay logged in, because its just easier.  FFR, my intent is to spend the most amount of time here between about 20:30 and 23:59 EDT (UTC -5?)

My spreadsheet is handwritten (I'm a dinosaur compared to you guys), so I'll take things in order I wrote them down.  Here's what I've noticed from today, and/or want to pursue:

1) At #337 (p14), JO wrote: "We can't be looking for obvious tells, but we should hunt for subconcious ones." This statement hit me oddly.  The first part of it somehow feels like an overt subliminal suggestion (if there could be such a thing) not to look for tells. Just doesn't give off the right vibe somehow.

More in the next hour.

Viewers at home will know how I feel about this post...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 04, 2012, 11:41:41 pm »

More in the next hour.

Viewers at home will know how I feel about this post...

How crazy would it be if we had multiple noobs as mafia? :o
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 04, 2012, 11:42:23 pm »

He's responding to the lynch at 5% time allotted that CF mentioned.
This kid gets it.

SFS is town because he made a post, deleted it, but ultimately did actually make the post in which he declared he would use humor. 
Whenever I debate whether to make a post or delete it as mafia, the longer I deliberate, the less likely I am to approve the message to wander dangerously out to sea. 

He was also transparent about this process, but not in an apologetic defensive way.  scumSwitched would not mention his uncertainty in whether or not to post a declaration he would use humor, he'd more likely keep it to himself because it makes him seem like mafia afraid of looking bad.

He's at that absolutely new phase where I'm going to put it past him to fake something like confessing to posting anxiety.  He's my strongest town read in the game thus far.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 04, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »

Galzria - At #361, you stated "Having played Mafia to success with the long, reasoned posts...".  In that success, were you Mafia?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »

I don't feel very comfortable with SFS. I feel like he has said a LOT of nothing so far. I know we are posting a lot but that is not an excuse to not add any content whatsoever.

Pre-post edit: Pops, SFS deleted a post? Uhh this is against the rules in this game, right?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 04, 2012, 11:45:55 pm »

Galzria - At #361, you stated "Having played Mafia to success with the long, reasoned posts...".  In that success, were you Mafia?

It was a reference to M-II here on the forums, and yes, I was. Also, the "long winded posts" was a vast understatement.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 04, 2012, 11:46:45 pm »

I don't feel very comfortable with SFS. I feel like he has said a LOT of nothing so far. I know we are posting a lot but that is not an excuse to not add any content whatsoever.

Pre-post edit: Pops, SFS deleted a post? Uhh this is against the rules in this game, right?

He typed up, thought about posting, then deleted.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 04, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »

I think he means deleted before posting it. But I don't know how he knows that. I could believe that SFS is actually really new and naive. (I don't, but I could.) The first thing a genuinely new and naive player who was mafia would do, given basic competence, would over emphasize his naivety.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.