Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1171156 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #4600 on: July 23, 2014, 02:01:56 pm »

It's about as good as all the other days happening at the same time.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: July 23, 2014, 02:07:30 pm »
+1

Guys, you asked to hear about Silverspawn's problems! Now he's here to tell you, but you're just trying to motivate him! I thought better of you people.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: July 23, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »

Apparently you thought the song was uplifting? Cut much?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: July 23, 2014, 08:54:23 pm »

When you talk about the measurements of an open-top box, do you think it's more natural to use height or depth?

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: July 23, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
+3

When you talk about the measurements of an open-top box, do you think it's more natural to use height or depth?
As an engineer...

Depends on the process used to create said box.  If it is formed out of sheet metal, I'd say depth.  If it was bent out of sheet metal, I'd say height.  Really, it depends on which feature on the box you are talking about.  When you bend the box out of sheet metal, you would be bending the sides up and would be concerned about the height of the walls when you are forming (that's when you have the sheet then push on the center and guide it into the shape you want.  I can't explain it well, so here is a video example) you are more concerned with the depth of the cavity.  So if you're talking about the walls of the box, height; the cavity, then depth

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:30 pm »
+3

I would say height.  Depth, to me, is reserved for (1) things below a surface or (2) wall-to-front distance of an appliance/cabinet.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4606 on: July 24, 2014, 05:12:39 am »

I just had a pop-up ad telling me that my browser is outdated so it couldn't display the content. Opera 12 ftw!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: July 24, 2014, 07:49:12 am »

I would say height.  Depth, to me, is reserved for (1) things below a surface or (2) wall-to-front distance of an appliance/cabinet.
Ah but depending on the method used to create said box, it could be referred to distance below a surface

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: July 24, 2014, 11:35:46 am »

So, hypothetically, if I hit the side of my head against something really hard, say, I don't know, some large bone belonging to another person, how long should it stay swollen and hurt before I start to worry?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: July 24, 2014, 11:36:37 am »

If the "top" is along the z-axis (facing "up"), the "height".  If the "top" is along the x-axis (facing you), then "depth".

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: July 24, 2014, 11:42:11 am »

I just had a pop-up ad telling me that my browser is outdated so it couldn't display the content. Opera 12 ftw!

Why everyone isn't just using chrome is beyond me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: July 24, 2014, 11:49:09 am »
+1

because firefox is better?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: July 24, 2014, 11:50:40 am »

But Chrome is better?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:22 am »

But Chrome is better?

but it isn't

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: July 24, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »

Netscape4lyfe

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: July 24, 2014, 12:06:29 pm »
+1

I'm seriously considering switching off chrome. Sure, it's fast, but it uses all my computer's limited resources

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: July 24, 2014, 12:30:00 pm »

I'm seriously considering switching off chrome. Sure, it's fast, but it uses all my computer's limited resources

Does it? Is it running lots of background stuff?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: July 24, 2014, 12:42:50 pm »

So, hypothetically, if I hit the side of my head against something really hard, say, I don't know, some large bone belonging to another person, how long should it stay swollen and hurt before I start to worry?

Note: IANAD

24 hours, I'd say.  Unless you're experiencing obvious neurological symptoms in addition to the swelling, e.g., dizziness, concentration difficulty, blurred vision, etc.  In which case go NOW.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: July 24, 2014, 12:49:43 pm »

24 hours, I'd say.  Unless you're experiencing obvious neurological symptoms in addition to the swelling, e.g., dizziness, concentration difficulty, blurred vision, etc.  In which case go NOW.

So if it was on Sunday, that's not so hot?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: July 24, 2014, 12:57:38 pm »
+2

It always amused me when someone would give legal advice online and post IANAL. It's the little, perverted boy in me.

Sometimes I love acronyms too much.
A man has no signature

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: July 24, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »

Well, looking in the Task Manager, it has ten different processes going for some reason.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4621 on: July 24, 2014, 01:25:43 pm »

I am using Chrome for some stuff (whenever the compatibility issues are a problem). But it just isn't even nearly as good as Opera 12 for regular use. I also use Firefox for stuff that requires add-ons that are only available for Firefox, and sometimes TOR Browser for certain reasons. I also have the new Opera, but I don't use it, it's a lot worse than 12.

Right now I have two different browsers open.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26:55 pm »

Well, looking in the Task Manager, it has ten different processes going for some reason.
This is why. Whenever you create a new tab, it opens a completely new process. Which is how chrome is so fast.

Im considering switching to opera, but the main thing keeping me from that is I need to find ad block...

As far as head injuries: I had a concussion once and the doctor said that throwing up is OK if it's right after the accident, but if it's more than like 30minutes later, then it's a problem. I don't know if that applies to other symptoms, but I would probably see a doctor if I were you...

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: July 24, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »

I use Chrome almost exclusively; however, it is pretty taxing on resources. My computer's relatively strong, but it does cause some problems when I am gaming + having a ton of tabs up. My brother uses Comodo, but moreso so Google can't track everything about him. It's very similar to Chrome since it uses the same opensource base I think. I don't care for it myself, but he loves it.

lol. I actually just decided to download opera and try using it right now. So far, it seems pretty cool.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: July 24, 2014, 04:29:54 pm »

I did not know that about chrome. Is it configurable, so you can decide when to start a new process and when to not? How resource intensive is it?

I've been a firefox user since around 8th grade, I think, when ie had a major security breach, and then I never went back (for obvious reasons).

My new computer is pretty powerful though, so maybe a faster, more resource-intensive browser is the way to go.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:01:14 pm by GeoLib »
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.