Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1171091 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #3700 on: June 12, 2014, 05:07:48 pm »

Kii flow? Swiftkey does.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 12, 2014, 05:22:43 pm »

Kii flow? Swiftkey does.

Kii has swipe option, yes.  One thing Kii has that I can't find on SwiftKey is an arrows-only keyboard layout (that you switch into like you would the numbers or symbols layouts), with handy buttons for copy and paste.  Another difference is that Kii has customizable ascii emoticons and an optional emoji plugin whereas SwiftKey has emoji by default (and I can't find a way to switch to ascii instead).

Edit: nevermind, SwiftKey has tabs in the emoji layout that includes a tab ascii emoticons.  I don't know if it's customizable, but I don't customize anyway.  Still searching for the arrows only layout.  Here's an example from Kii, with handy shortcuts for selecting text and cut/copy/paste:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:31:47 pm by eHalcyon »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: June 12, 2014, 05:35:28 pm »
+2

You all entered the football score World Cup predictor yet?

Also, is anybody NOT excited by the imminent World Cup?

I'm not. Looking forward to England getting knocked out so people will shut up about this stupid sport.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 12, 2014, 05:41:09 pm »

Kii flow? Swiftkey does.

Kii has swipe option, yes.  One thing Kii has that I can't find on SwiftKey is an arrows-only keyboard layout (that you switch into like you would the numbers or symbols layouts), with handy buttons for copy and paste.  Another difference is that Kii has customizable ascii emoticons and an optional emoji plugin whereas SwiftKey has emoji by default (and I can't find a way to switch to ascii instead).

Edit: nevermind, SwiftKey has tabs in the emoji layout that includes a tab ascii emoticons.  I don't know if it's customizable, but I don't customize anyway.  Still searching for the arrows only layout.  Here's an example from Kii, with handy shortcuts for selecting text and cut/copy/paste:

Why not both? I use tasker to apply the preferred keyboard for the respective app. I have 3 different keyboards but I only use them for specific apps.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: June 12, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »

I'm not. Looking forward to England getting knocked out so people will shut up about this stupid sport.

The hype has been minimal this year! Only a few weeks till Wimbledon..... Then wait for people to go mental!!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: June 12, 2014, 06:38:16 pm »

I'm not excited. I'm also in Canada.

Those two facts are related. Not enough ice in the game I expect

I never said they werent related. I'm not excited about hockey either. Is that for the same reason?

I never said you said they were related. Just stated that they were

Also, hockey has no ice......

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: June 12, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »

Does anyone know which station I'm at?

I need to get off at east croydon but it's dark And I've had a few beers

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 12, 2014, 06:41:12 pm »

Get off at each station. If it's where you need to be keep going, otherwise get on the next train.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 12, 2014, 06:46:32 pm »

Get off at each station. If it's where you need to be keep going, otherwise get on the next train.

Pretty sure that doesn't work, especially as I'm on one of the last trains from north to South London

Argh, only just crossed the river, I'm ages away.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: June 12, 2014, 06:51:24 pm »
+1

Give someone in your train car 5 pounds and tell them you'll give them 5 more if they tell you when your stop is.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: June 12, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »

Give someone in your train car 5 pounds and tell them you'll give them 5 more if they tell you when your stop is.

Your joking, have you SEEN these people!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: June 12, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »

Whoops probably shouldn't have said that out loud when I typed it

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: June 12, 2014, 07:07:29 pm »
+2

Get off at each station.  If there is a pub there, that's where you need to be.  If not, get back on the train.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: June 12, 2014, 07:14:43 pm »
+3

The Google Play Store has a paid app called the Hodor Keyboard.  It costs $1.08 ($1 USD, I guess) and all it has is one button that types the word "hodor".  That's all.  I get that it's a joke keyboard for GoT, but it has 500+ downloads.  That's $500 this thing earned for the dev.  Just... wow.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: June 12, 2014, 07:29:05 pm »

The Google Play Store has a paid app called the Hodor Keyboard.  It costs $1.08 ($1 USD, I guess) and all it has is one button that types the word "hodor".  That's all.  I get that it's a joke keyboard for GoT, but it has 500+ downloads.  That's $500 this thing earned for the dev.  Just... wow.
Well they don't get 100% of the sales, but yeah.

Does it have achievements? Can you send your hodor messages to people?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: June 12, 2014, 07:59:50 pm »

It's just a keyboard, so you would use it in conjunction with your messaging app or whatever.  No achievements as far as I am aware.  One feature in the paid app that isn't in the free "lite" version is that you can long-press "for maximum hodor" which I think just means that the word is all-caps.

It's funny!  I'm just surprised that so many people have actually paid for something so useless.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: June 12, 2014, 08:01:33 pm »

It's a dollar. People probably get as much joy from it as, say, a candy bar. And candy bars are pretty useless.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: June 12, 2014, 08:05:51 pm »

It's a dollar. People probably get as much joy from it as, say, a candy bar. And candy bars are pretty useless.

For some reason, I feel a lot more discriminating when it comes to spending my hard-earned dollars in the app store.  I haven't purchased Monument Valley yet because it costs an outrageous $4 for just 10 puzzles.  :P

On that note, I was recently informed of Google Opinion Rewards.  It's a free app that will occasionally prompt you to answer a short survey in return for some Play store credit.  Surveys don't come that often but the app doesn't bother me until something is available.  It's unobtrusive.  So far I've answered 2 or 3 surveys of 1-2 questions each and I've received $1.38 in credit.  That's not bad.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: June 12, 2014, 08:08:16 pm »
+4

Woooo got off at the right station and found a fried chicken shop open

High five anyone?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: June 12, 2014, 08:09:39 pm »

I'm not drunk by the way, just big boned!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: June 12, 2014, 08:10:04 pm »

Why not both? I use tasker to apply the preferred keyboard for the respective app. I have 3 different keyboards but I only use them for specific apps.

Missed this from earlier.  I can't think of any specific app where I would prefer one keyboard over the other.  As I said, I now prefer the aesthetics of Swiftkey, and I can only find one function that Kii has over SwiftKey.  That function isn't something I use that often anyway, but it's also something that could potentially be used in any app.  If I ever really want to switch keyboards, I can do that from the notification area.

I'm curious which keyboard apps you have installed and what you use each of them for.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:22 pm »
+2

It's just a keyboard, so you would use it in conjunction with your messaging app or whatever.  No achievements as far as I am aware.  One feature in the paid app that isn't in the free "lite" version is that you can long-press "for maximum hodor" which I think just means that the word is all-caps.

It's funny!  I'm just surprised that so many people have actually paid for something so useless.

At least it's not as bad as the "I'm Rich" app that used to be out. Costs $1000. Does nothing, except signify you can spend $1000 on nothing. People bought it.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: June 12, 2014, 09:10:01 pm »
+1

At least it's not as bad as the "I'm Rich" app that used to be out. Costs $1000. Does nothing, except signify you can spend $1000 on nothing. People bought it.
So pretty much like most status symbols?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: June 12, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »

Oh.  Wow.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: June 13, 2014, 12:43:55 am »

Missed this from earlier.  I can't think of any specific app where I would prefer one keyboard over the other.  As I said, I now prefer the aesthetics of Swiftkey, and I can only find one function that Kii has over SwiftKey.  That function isn't something I use that often anyway, but it's also something that could potentially be used in any app.  If I ever really want to switch keyboards, I can do that from the notification area.

I'm curious which keyboard apps you have installed and what you use each of them for.

Huh, I just found some more exclusive features for each keyboard.

Kii lets you swipe from a key to the space bar in order to immediately type the alt character, as an alternative to long-pressing.
After Kii auto-corrects a word, you can press backspace to immediately revert.
Kii lets you use third party keyboard themes (of which I've found none that I like, unfortunately), as well as more customization with text colors on the keyboard and even an option to use a custom background... but SwiftKey's themes still look better.

SwiftKey lets you delete an entire word by long-pressing on backspace.
SwiftKey lets you remove words from the user dictionary by long-pressing the prediction.  Granted, this is less necessary in Kii because SwiftKey automatically adds things to the user dictionary whereas Kii does not do it automatically (when you type a weird word it will let you tap a prompt in the auto-predict space to save a word).
SwiftKey lets you undock the keyboard (which I never will).

There are also some different keyboard layouts between the two, which don't matter much to me because I'll be using the basic full layout pretty much every time.

I am suddenly very torn about which one to prefer... I think I'll go with SwiftKey for now because it looks prettier and the quick-delete is still a really cool feature.  If I find myself typing alt characters more, maybe I'll switch back.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:45:00 am by eHalcyon »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 17 queries.