Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1171110 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #3650 on: June 11, 2014, 09:11:19 am »
+1

If you are assuming that both the goat and the chieftain's daughter want to eat the coconuts, and that the chieftain's daughter wants to run away with the goat (please keep fanfiction in RSP), then your solution doesn't work, because the chieftain's daughter eats the coconuts after step one.

Actually, there is no solution, because any pair of "items" leads to defeat, and you can only carry one of them at the same time. That's why you need to rule in that there is one pair of items that doesn't lead to a loss.

EDIT: To keep in line with the current F.DS meta, I had a 1:1 respect to post ratio for thirty minutes. It felt pretty great while it lasted, would definitely do it again.
Some problems don't have solutions. I learned that in my differential equations class. I was just following the meta of this problem.

If Ozle did have 3 arms, he could take the goat and the coconut, bring back the goat, and bring both the child and the goat.

I was taught a variant of the classic duck-feed-dog(thing that eats duck) problem with 3 missionaries and 3 cannibals. Two people can ride across the river at a time in a canoe, but the cannibals cannot outnumber the missionaries. Only the missionaries and the cannibal chief (one of the three) know how to canoe across the river, so each trip canoe ride needs one of those people on board. There is no bridge across the river.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 11, 2014, 09:22:00 am »

I did, there was an unfortunate incident with the chieftains daughter, several coconuts, a vine and the village goat that made it in my best interests to slip away quietly.
I know this one. The trick is, you swing across the river on the vine holding the goat and the coconuts... and then you bring the goat back, you just leave the coconuts. Then you bring the chieftain's daughter across and bring the coconuts back; then finally you bring the goat and the coconuts again. So neither of them gets a chance to eat the coconuts, and the chieftain's daughter doesn't run off with the goat.

Donald X could just come here and remind us every few months that, "Hey, I made Dominion," and maintain a 3:1 respect:post ratio, but instead he gives us gems like this.

The dude that made Monopoly wouldn't be making these kinds of posts.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 11, 2014, 09:38:23 am »
+1

I thought the DVX suck up thread was over in Dominion General Discussion!

Keep going like this and his ego will be so large he could comfortable fit the coconuts, goat and chieftains daughter (she's a big lass as well) on it with ample room to spare!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 11, 2014, 09:45:50 am »
+1

I did, there was an unfortunate incident with the chieftains daughter, several coconuts, a vine and the village goat that made it in my best interests to slip away quietly.
I know this one. The trick is, you swing across the river on the vine holding the goat and the coconuts... and then you bring the goat back, you just leave the coconuts. Then you bring the chieftain's daughter across and bring the coconuts back; then finally you bring the goat and the coconuts again. So neither of them gets a chance to eat the coconuts, and the chieftain's daughter doesn't run off with the goat.

Donald X could just come here and remind us every few months that, "Hey, I made Dominion," and maintain a 3:1 respect:post ratio, but instead he gives us gems like this.

To be fair to whoever made Monopoly, he/she was likely long dead by the time the Internet was invented. That's somewhat of a obstacle to making funny posts on it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 11, 2014, 09:48:25 am »

It was a little old lady named Elizabeth.

She hated message boards though so you are right.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 11, 2014, 10:07:58 am »

To be fair to whoever made Monopoly, he/she was likely long dead by the time the Internet was invented. That's somewhat of a obstacle to making funny posts on it.

This is no place for logic, sir!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: June 11, 2014, 12:41:33 pm »
+2

History lesson! Monopoly was designed by a lady, and her goal was to show how monopolies are bad. The game was literally designed to be unfun.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 11, 2014, 12:44:17 pm »

I said that earlier! Well I said she was called Elizabeth.

And then it was stolen and changed by one of the big games companies of the time....oh irony

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3658 on: June 11, 2014, 12:58:55 pm »

I said that earlier! Well I said she was called Elizabeth.
Báthory?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 11, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »

"Dude" is gender-neutral!

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #3660 on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:29 pm »
+1

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 11, 2014, 02:11:03 pm »

"Dude" is gender-neutral!
Since when? Even "bro" is more gender-neutral than "dude", at least based on my experience with those words.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 11, 2014, 02:21:50 pm »

Agreed, thats why we have dudette!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 11, 2014, 02:25:40 pm »
+2

I know at least females that call other people "dudes", regardless of gender, and I have referred to them with "dude". 

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:05 pm »
+2

I suddenly feel the need to make sure my car is where I left it.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 11, 2014, 02:36:10 pm »
+6

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 11, 2014, 03:13:08 pm »

I know at least females that call other people "dudes", regardless of gender, and I have referred to them with "dude".
I think my sister and her friend refer to each other as "dudes", or maybe "bros". Can't remember, but probably not "bro" now that I think about it. "Bro" was used by some other group of friends.

I feel like I haven't contributed enough randomness to this thread. I haven't even posted one picture.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 11, 2014, 03:15:06 pm »
+1

I think my sister and her friend refer to each other as "dudes", or maybe "bros". Can't remember, but probably not "bro" now that I think about it. "Bro" was used by some other group of friends.

I feel like I haven't contributed enough randomness to this thread. I haven't even posted one picture.

"Bro" is lame.  Could you imagine Big Lebowski if he was "The Bro"?  Movie woulda sucked, dude!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 11, 2014, 03:18:28 pm »
+2

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 11, 2014, 03:23:01 pm »

"Bro" is lame.  Could you imagine Big Lebowski if he was "The Bro"?  Movie woulda sucked, dude!

Let me explain something to you. I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm The Bro! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Broness, or Broseph, or El Broderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:49:43 pm by LastFootnote »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 11, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »
+3

SO MUCH HYPE.

I swear a guy in the trailer is using earth bending and fire bending at the same time.  Also, Zuko appears!

Edit: Also, did anyone hear about the episodes that got leaked?  I would be hunting those down except that the leaked episodes were like ep3-6 or something... don't really want to skip over two episodes.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:54:09 pm by eHalcyon »

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 11, 2014, 04:33:12 pm »

Wait is that a real thing?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 11, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

Which thing?  The trailer is official; it's on nick.com.  Episodes really did get leaked; the creators blogged about it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 11, 2014, 06:33:50 pm »
+1

Pokemon ORAS spoiler: Mega Sableye revealed!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 11, 2014, 07:00:02 pm »

Which thing?  The trailer is official; it's on nick.com.  Episodes really did get leaked; the creators blogged about it.

Oh. Because the link I followed led to a weird clip of a fake Korra dating show. Very much hyping Book 3, though!
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 17 queries.