Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32  All

Author Topic: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters GAME OVER Mafia Wins!  (Read 97043 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: May 29, 2012, 08:46:25 am »

That's an incredibly convincing piece of work. It's wrong. You've earned a point-by-point rebuttal and I want to supply that when I can find the time (again, RL stuff...)

For the moment I'll say a few things. One, this is not the first time that Robz's response to my casting suspicion on him has been followed by him suddenly having strong reasons to believe I'm mafia. This happened on Day 2 and I pointed it out then. I think if you'll read through the logs you'll find that every time Robz is in danger even a little, his next act is to aggressively target someone, usually a member of the case against him. He did it on Day 1 when he started the Morgrim accusations while there was chatter about him. He accused me on Day 2 immediately after I accused him. He's doing it again now. None of the rest of you has responded this way when accused. I have not responded this way when accused. It's not town play. It's scum play.

My suspicion certainly has shifted many times over the course of the game. I could say the same thing about every one of you. Don't let him get away with using that as an argument.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:45 am »

Volts, recall when you called bullshit on my analysis of you by pointing out the extent to which I was being selective in creating my narrative and omitting important things. Robz is doing that now. He glazes over, as best he can, my very vocal suspicions about Insomniac. He ignores the substance of my shift today - which is that this scenario, with all of us supposedly against Insomniac, the rhetorically weakest town player, is so familiar and similar to the circumstances of our mislynches of the last two days.

I believe this is the mafia win scenario by the way: Insomniac and J convince Galz to vote for me

Very interesting choice of words. Notice he specifies the mafia's win scenario as hinging on Galzria. Galzria, he's appealing to you on an emotional level, trying to stir a fear of being "played." He doesn't make a similar play for Volt's sympathies (because he doesn't need to worry about Volt's vote, or because he's been buttering up Volt with talk about how safe he is all day?)

Read Robz's post and tell me it doesn't sound like a mafioso once again trying to shift the conversation away from himself.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 29, 2012, 11:17:48 am »

Just a "status update" post from me:  I read Robz's post.  I read jotheonah's brief comments and understand that he will be providing a more substantive analysis/rebuttal when he can.  I'm not going to be in a position to write substantively myself until, I think, tomorrow evening (EDT).  In the meantime I will be reading whatever else is newly posted, and also going back to Days 1 and 2 to see the relative likelihood of each of these possible Mafia pairings (sorted by alphabetical order): 

Galzria/Insomniac
Galzria/Robz
Insomniac/Jotheonah
Jotheonah/Robz   (yeah, seems very unlikely right now, but I'm looking at it anyway)

I'm not looking at Insomniac/Robz because, even though it MIGHT be the pairing if the Mafia are pulling an enormous con (extremely unlikely I think but not 100% impossible), if that IS the pairing our lynch today doesn't actually matter.  We get Mafia either way.  So we can analyze that possibility on Day 4, if we live that long.

I encourage Galzria to do the same pairing analysis, except of course swap "Insomniac/Volt" and "Robz/Volt" in for the Galzria pairings listed.   (Of course others can weigh in, and some already have (Robz, Insomniac), but I'm particularly interested to hear Galzria's thoughts, as we two appear to be the ones whose votes are being courted.  I expect Galzria feels the same with respect to me.)

jotheonah, Robz, Insomniac, I'll of course review whatever else you feel is important to address between now and my next substantive post.  jotheonah, just so it doesn't fall off your radar when responding to Robz:  I would like your reply to my question about when and why you concluded that there are no more power roles.  (Feel free to include that in your more detailed post rebutting Robz.  I'm not repeating this to rush you;  I just want to make sure you don't miss it, given your focus being on Robz's post.)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 29, 2012, 11:23:48 am »

Well, once again Robz writes a mammoth post that does nothing but point fingers. The strongest finger pointing robz does is always when accused.

When did Robz go after me on day 2? Post # 254 after I mentioned my thinking that it was him or Voltz in post 247. But neither of us went after each other very strongly until, Post #326 I call Robz out at the end as the who I would vote for. Post #328 is when Robz started pushing for me and calling me a liar. Ever since I started the Robz train he has been calling me bad town play. Maybe but this is dominion strategy we over think everything to death here. I have in my mind posted helpful posts, and my thoughts as seperate entities. The two are not the same.

A helpful post is one that combines all the data there is on a person that suggests they may or may not be mafia. These posts do nothing indicative to whether your mafia or not (for me).

The latter a thoughts post is an explanation of why you're thinking the way you are at a current time, this is where you point fingers and accuse people. These posts of mine tend to be less polished then the rest of you because quite often I'm in a rush whether it be going back to work after a break or because I'm going out with the girlfriend of whatever, truth is I don't have as much time to spend polishing posts as Robz does. and Robz spends a lot of time polishing his posts. While I was playing dominion on isotropic last night I was checking the who's online whos doing what page on strategy and refreshing it quite frequently. I had noticed earlier in the day around 5 that Robz was reading and eventually posting but never did. Later on around 10/10:30 I saw he was posting again. I waited for this post as I was actually hoping he would give me a reason to believe he was the doctor. I went to bed at 11 and this had not yet been posted. 11PDT is 2 on the server, the post that Robz posted was a full hour and a half after that. So Robz put 2.5ish hours into that mammoth post that doesn't do a lot except strongly accuse the only 2 people who suspected him in the slightest.

This right here
"I believe this is the mafia win scenario by the way: Insomniac and J convince Galz to vote for me" Is the only place he targets Galz who also mentioned that he might actually believe its Robz. So to sum up Robz has gone after anyone who's had ANY suspicion of him as SOON as they have suspicion of him and tries to turn whatever they start against them. The only person Robz hasn't gone after is Voltgloss who never really went after Robz.

That said Voltgloss actually tends to have helpful posts. Robz has giant posts that point suspicion wherever he sees best fit, normally at the people who suspect him. And offer no real substance

Robz IS mafia
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:59 am »

I haven't chimed in for a little while now, and I HAVE been active on the forums, so I don't want people to draw conclusions over that. I've got a lot to review and think over before my next post real post and I don't want to do myself or anyone else a disservice by rushing it or posting half-thoughts. As per my earlier post though, much of where I make my decision will be based on gut feeling and instict after re-reading everybody's posts from Day 1 on, rather than trying to build a systematical case. There is honestly enough back and forth from EVERYONE here, towards nearly everyone here, that I really do feel confident that I could make a logical argument against or for anybody based on "evidence" (Exactly as Robz did - Though I'm not saying he's right or wrong at this time).

So try and hang with me. I'll try and have my post up by this afternoon/evening.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 29, 2012, 12:00:32 pm »

Galz and Volt and Jotheonah:

Take your time we can't screw up here.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 29, 2012, 12:12:17 pm »

We're not in any hurry to vote here. Everybody just take your time and think.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 29, 2012, 01:33:59 pm »

For the record, I did not spend 2.5 hours on that post last night. I am doing a lot of things at once. Sometimes I leave up a window with draft posts for quite some time--and also I hit the "quote" button which brings up a new window with what I want to quote so I can copy it, and that stays up a while. Anyway, I take it as a compliment that my posts are polished and persuasive, rather than misleading and choppy.

Let's look at 2 of J's recent posts. Here they are in their entirety:

Hey look, I'm online. And Galzria is online. And we haven't hammered Robz. Despite that if were mafia, we could win the game that way and there's absolutely no reason for us not to. That should pretty well clear us as a team, eh?

I am not so sure of Volt.  Galzria said last night he wasn't sure of Volt.  Robz, it's suspicious to me that you are. It's suspicious to me that you claimed doctor despite having NO evidence to back that up and the information being totally unhelpful to the town.

I think a Robz-Volt mafia is a very likely pair at this point. I suggested this last round and the onl hard evidence against it was "A bit obvious, innit?" For me, at this point, with two suspicious characters, that's not nearly enough.

A slightly less likely pair is Voltgloss-Insomniac. I don't like that for a lot of reasons. If Insomniac is mafia, then he was setting up today's vote for Robz yesterday, confident that Kuildeous was getting lynched without his help. Pretty smart mafia play. His partner could be anyone.

Galzria-Insomniac is genius-level play, but I'm not ruling it out.

Robz-Insomniac would be crazy because they're firing so many shots back and forth. On the other hand, that could be the strategy: set up a 1 v 1 to make sure at least one of them survives, and then leave that one in such a trusted position they can coast through until the end.  But 2 mafia is a way stronger position than 1. There's no reason to play that long game, especially because Galz and I have made it pretty clear we're unlikely to turn on each other.

(I'm also suspicious of Robz for setting us up as a pair, the only way to discredit our mutual town reads on each other. Though I'm aware that I'm doing the same thing to him and Volt.)

And:

I can't believe the mafia killed bozzball. He was absolutely not a threat and plenty of people were suspicious of him. Galzria was the obvious target, or me.

How IS it that we've all been o sure in our town reads of Galz, and yet the mafia continues not to kill him? They should be keeping alive the people who play badly and breed suspicion - the ones we'll lynch for them.  SOmeone who's been consistently helpful and nobody has levelled a serious accusation against? Should definitely have been target #1. And yet, he lives on.

Forget what I said about Galzria and I never turning on each other. I think he might be the mafia.  In which case his partner could be ... absolutely any of you.

In these two posts, J says he's not "ruling out" Insomniac, but we can see that he all but has. He says all the Insomniac pairings are less likely than Robz-Volt. (J says if Insomniac were mafia, his partner "could be anyone"--get it? Don't focus on specific people like Ins and J...) And then he says of Galz, "I think he might be the mafia."

Again, I find it very interesting that Insomniac calls me out for casting too much suspicion, but when J does it to an equal or greater extent... nothing! Please, Insomniac, I would like you to answer this question. Why is it not suspicious when J does it?

Anyway, these J posts follow a common late-game mafia perspective: anybody but me or my mafia partner. J is planning on a Robz bandwagon, but isn't ruling out getting on a Voltgloss bandwagon or Galzria bandwagon. Because it doesn't matter, as long as both he and Insomniac survive this night: they win.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 29, 2012, 01:41:02 pm »

Robz: It's not less suspicious he's been crawling up my radar. It doesn't matter that I say this as it'll appear as distancing myself. He's been crawling up my radar for finger pointing. It's just way less bothersome to me. Because of reasons i pointed out in my last post.

Could you please address that post on how you jump on people that jump on you immediatley.

To be honest I'm honestly wanting a reason to believe your doctor claim. If it's true it could hold value going into the 3-1 or 2-1 day 4. Assuming we get that far. Because a 3-1 day 4 is more ideal than a 2-1 day...because we need 3 lynch which means 2 town need to be wrong before mafia can bandwagon? but also that all town have to get it right and agree. :S. Its the same either way I guess just harder for the mafia maybe?

Anyways Robz can you address why you point fingers at everyone but cast your heavier suspicion on those that blame you. For reference I bring this up in more detail in post 603

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 1)
« Reply #609 on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:31 pm »

Vote Count 3-1

Not Voting (5) - Voltgloss, Galzria, Robz888, jotheonah, Insomniac

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline: Sunday, June 10, 2012 12pm PDT
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 29, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

Robz: It's not less suspicious he's been crawling up my radar. It doesn't matter that I say this as it'll appear as distancing myself. He's been crawling up my radar for finger pointing. It's just way less bothersome to me. Because of reasons i pointed out in my last post.

Could you please address that post on how you jump on people that jump on you immediatley.

To be honest I'm honestly wanting a reason to believe your doctor claim. If it's true it could hold value going into the 3-1 or 2-1 day 4. Assuming we get that far. Because a 3-1 day 4 is more ideal than a 2-1 day...because we need 3 lynch which means 2 town need to be wrong before mafia can bandwagon? but also that all town have to get it right and agree. :S. Its the same either way I guess just harder for the mafia maybe?

Anyways Robz can you address why you point fingers at everyone but cast your heavier suspicion on those that blame you. For reference I bring this up in more detail in post 603

Absolutely. Honestly, I don't fault your analysis that I get more hostile toward the people who are accusing me. Looking through the logs, it would certainly appear that way.  I mean, it's a bit of a Catch-22. You suspect me, I know I'm innocent so this bothers me and I suspect you, so you suspect me more.... But in general over-defensiveness can be grounds for thinking someone is Mafia, so fair enough.

But consider the chain of events this round and maybe you can see why I cast my heaviest suspicions on those who suspect me. You voted for me right out of the gate today, before I had even said anything. If you were not mafia, and I was not mafia (still a quite possible thing at that point, though not anymore) that was GAME OVER. Then I revealed that I was doctor, and you smartly retracted your vote. There is no other doctor; I am the doctor. But you and J don't believe me, you are still making the case against me, the doctor. I can understand not being fully persuaded that I am doctor, because it can't be verified either way, but anyway Volt and Galz seem inclined to believe it because there are more reasons why it would be true than reasons why it's not true (did you guys see my Day 2 exchange with Insomniac about another power role being in the game? I think that lends more evidence to what I'm saying). But the J and Insomniac don't buy it. I can't help but say to myself, "Why is this? I am the doctor, there are reasons why I am the doctor, why don't they agree that I am likely the doctor? Is it because they are mafia?" So then I went back and looked through the logs and concluded that yes, the two of you are mafia.

Look, I can understand thinking that well Robz is just going after the people who suspect him. Yes, I am going after the 2 people who suspect me, and yes I went after them a little bit on Day 2 when they each separately suspected me. If that makes you say, "OKay, Robz is mafia then," I probably can't change your mind, because those things did happen. But I think pages and pages of suspicious behavior on the part of J and Insomniac both individually and from the perspective of them being secretly in cahoots, it is more persuasive that me (and Volt, truly, somewhat) were targeted by the mafia beginning in Day 2 when we were most vulnerable (having led a bad lynch). And perhaps my reaction to being accused has led them to focusing on me more than Volt. I guess that could be a defect of the way I play, and truly it is putting the town in danger, because the town may lynch me, the doctor, because of how I have behaved. So I'm sorry for it, because it has strengthened the arguments of the mafia.

I can admit when arguments are compelling even when they are made against me. So yes, I find the argument that Robz plays too defensively and is hostile toward his accusers to be compelling. But I don't find compelling many, many many, many of the other things Insomniac has said about me, and I've gone over those already.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 29, 2012, 02:22:56 pm »

Absolutely. Honestly, I don't fault your analysis that I get more hostile toward the people who are accusing me. Looking through the logs, it would certainly appear that way.  I mean, it's a bit of a Catch-22. You suspect me, I know I'm innocent so this bothers me and I suspect you, so you suspect me more.... But in general over-defensiveness can be grounds for thinking someone is Mafia, so fair enough.

But consider the chain of events this round and maybe you can see why I cast my heaviest suspicions on those who suspect me. You voted for me right out of the gate today, before I had even said anything. If you were not mafia, and I was not mafia (still a quite possible thing at that point, though not anymore) that was GAME OVER. Then I revealed that I was doctor, and you smartly retracted your vote. There is no other doctor; I am the doctor. But you and J don't believe me, you are still making the case against me, the doctor. I can understand not being fully persuaded that I am doctor, because it can't be verified either way, but anyway Volt and Galz seem inclined to believe it because there are more reasons why it would be true than reasons why it's not true (did you guys see my Day 2 exchange with Insomniac about another power role being in the game? I think that lends more evidence to what I'm saying). But the J and Insomniac don't buy it. I can't help but say to myself, "Why is this? I am the doctor, there are reasons why I am the doctor, why don't they agree that I am likely the doctor? Is it because they are mafia?" So then I went back and looked through the logs and concluded that yes, the two of you are mafia.

Look, I can understand thinking that well Robz is just going after the people who suspect him. Yes, I am going after the 2 people who suspect me, and yes I went after them a little bit on Day 2 when they each separately suspected me. If that makes you say, "OKay, Robz is mafia then," I probably can't change your mind, because those things did happen. But I think pages and pages of suspicious behavior on the part of J and Insomniac both individually and from the perspective of them being secretly in cahoots, it is more persuasive that me (and Volt, truly, somewhat) were targeted by the mafia beginning in Day 2 when we were most vulnerable (having led a bad lynch). And perhaps my reaction to being accused has led them to focusing on me more than Volt. I guess that could be a defect of the way I play, and truly it is putting the town in danger, because the town may lynch me, the doctor, because of how I have behaved. So I'm sorry for it, because it has strengthened the arguments of the mafia.

I can admit when arguments are compelling even when they are made against me. So yes, I find the argument that Robz plays too defensively and is hostile toward his accusers to be compelling. But I don't find compelling many, many many, many of the other things Insomniac has said about me, and I've gone over those already.

I voted for you on day 3 because I was sure on day 2 that you were mafia. I stayed on for a while after I voted as well because I thought it would be interesting if someone else voted for you. No one did, acting on the knowledge that I'm a town vanilla I took this to mean that you were mafia. Then when I checked back in you had roleclaimed so I unvoted. HOWEVER, while I still think your mafia the last post you made actually does help me think you are town. It does however put me back to square one on figuring out who mafia is if I am to assume that you are not.

The one thing that I have also realized is that you don't hedge. You CAN'T hedge. You've pushed the crusades against both lynches. The interesting thing to me is that you've been able to lead a crusade on 2 different people successfully without hedging. And all the while only I come out as suspecting you as strongly as I do.

I'm gonna do some re reading later and try and see if I can still believe the doctor claim, and if so where my suspicions do lie.

I also have not hedged. I have gone after you ruthlessly without cause. I implore you to think about that as I have thrown caution to the wind with regards to my living which you seem to think I hold dearly.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 3)
« Reply #612 on: May 29, 2012, 02:31:46 pm »

For the record, and I can't let this slide, Robz DID hedge his bets against K early day 3 trying to distance himself from the kill.

More alarming than that, is Insomniac trying to back pedal now by using Robz's conviction as an argument for innocence. Insomniacs WHOLE CASE against Robz was how he was EVERYWHERE in his suspicions.

Lastly, Robz IF ANYTHING, bandwagoned the kill of K. He didn't lead the crusade. I did. Wrongly, but I did.

That last post from Insomniac raises a LOT of red flags with the number of falsehoods it contains.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 29, 2012, 02:35:59 pm »

This "everyone but me and my partner" = nonsense. I have suspected everyone at least a little. That's the duty of the town: to do due dilligence and investigate every possibility. I have suspected some people more than others, and it is simply not the case that I've suspected Insomniac less than anyone else. Up until the end of Day 2, I suspected him as much as any of you, and going into to Day 3 I had him in a higher position than Volt, Galz, even Robz.  But then the wind started blowing in a familiar way - everyone was agreeing Insomniac was mafia, no one was coming to his defense. With such a small town, that's an argument in and of itself. Whoever we target now, they've got to have a defender or they're not mafia.

But here's the problem. I notice that, I act on that, suddenly I'm Insomniac's defender. Now he has one, and it's me. So we appear, as we appear to Robz, to be mafia in cahoots. Well, that's a somewhat intractable problem.

Robz's strong tendency to react against accusations against him by accusing his accusers gives him a stronger scum read than Insomniac, who tends to react my pressing his suspicions against his chosen target. The fact is that Robz's crosshairs have also jumped around.  Just look at his read on me throughout the game: back and forth, back and forth, whatever's convenient. Or , if he's town, whatever he's feeling at the moment. All of Volt's book posts involve indulging in the belief that each person might be mafia.  I do the same thing. I indulge my hypotheticals out loud, I point to whoever seems like the strongest case AT THE MOMENT. I hope that others will read my thoughts and evaluating if that way of looking at things is helpful to them, if it informs their process.

This conviction = town, hedging = mafia thing, which, I'll point out, Robz said in the first place, it's way too simplistic. Sometime certain kinds of town players (cautious ones, like myself) will appear to be hedging. Likewise a certain kind of mafia play involves choosing a target and digging in. I don't find either of those playstyles to be evidence one way or another.

The thing is, when someone's allegiances or suspicions shift, WHY do they shift? That's where you'll find the useful information.

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 29, 2012, 02:39:46 pm »

As I said I'm going to be going back through it all later, I don't have a photo memory that recalls everything crystal clear like some people here.

When I post I will make a quoted post with all the information available that backs up my case. I will also try and present things i find that might contradict my case

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 29, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »

Alright, down to business. First up, by player, in alphabetical order, by day:

Galzria:
Day 1 Posts:
#21, #23, #25, #26, #72, #78, #81, #88, #93, #95, #98, #100, #116, #118, #122, #125, #128, #133, #134, #135, #138, #139, #145, #147, #151, #158, #170, #179, #183, #188, #202, #203, #207, #211

Posts of interest:
#72 - Cast vote on Voltgloss, because he has played very randomly to start.
#93 - Voice suspicion of Bozzball for voting Robz without reason.
#116 - Unvote Voltgloss. State belief that he has started directing his actions. Voice suspicion of Morgrim, but Mafia or Role, not sure.
#128 - Hone in on thoughts regarding Morgrim. Still not sure if he's Mafia, Role, or town playing poorly.
#138 - Rundown on reads so far. Warn against possible Morgrim mislynch. Vote Bozzball.
#151 - Laid out case for lynching Morgrim, laid out case for having vote cast on Bozzball.
#170 - Unvote Bozzball, Vote Morgrim
#202 - Explain why I didn't want to be associated with a Bozzball bandwagon.
#203 - Clarify above explanation, and show why "pointing-at-next-most-likely-suspect" seems suspicious.
#211 - Went to bed, and woke up during "Night 1"

Relevant Conclusions (read: How I see things NOW, looking back): I was only really suspicious of 3 people Day 1. I was CONSTANTLY wary of getting bad reads however. Morgrim, for all he did wrong, had his moments where I really did wonder - And I voiced this. My suspicions of Bozzball kind of held true all the way through. He never DID participate a lot, and I was warned very early to look for that as signs of Mafia play. Still, I wasn't willing to put my name on a bad lynch THEN, without more information. That's a town move, not a Mafia one. In the end I DID put my name on a bad lynch, but at least I (and everybody else) had ample reason to believe it was a decent choice.

Day 2 Posts:
#242, #245, #256, #261, #264, #265, #272, #273, #275, #276, #277, #286, #293, #296, #297, #306, #314, #318, #323, #324, #333, #335, #343, #345, #352, #353, #357, #359, #360, #361, #365, #367, #369, #373, #378, #382, #383, #389, #391, #396, #397, #407, #408, #412, #418, #420, #423, #425, #426, #430, #452, #453, #455, #471, #476, #490, #494, #497, #498, #500, #518, #519, #524, #528, #531, #533

Posts of interest:
#261 - First analytical post of the day. Suspicion orders listed. Suspect everybody, but highly suspicious of Jotheonah, and Kuildeous.
#264 - Defend myself from accusations by Kuildeous and Robz. Strengthen my case against Kuildeous.
#276 - Vote Axxle  ;)
#277 - Put together an informational post only listing what I perceive to be each persons thoughts.
#286 - Show suspicion of the way Robz/Volt have been making their cases.
#306 - Dissect and defend Robz's accusations of ME made in post #295. I note that I don't like his methods or reasons, but understand his conclusions.
#360 - I state a firm belief that Jotheonah is town, and Kuildeous is Mafia. I also bump Voltgloss up to my #2 suspect, but note that Robz is very close behind.
#373 - Reconfirm Jotheonah as being completely innocent in my book, indicate a shift in opinion on bozzball from day 1.
#382 - My case against Kuildeous, laid out in full, for Voltgloss.
#407 - I suggest the idea that I could be wrong on Jotheonah. I don't THINK that I am, but given his unconditional support of me, and absolute desire from the start of day 2 to be my friend, this is a terrifying prospect.
#412 - I request a better argument against Robz from Insomniac than the one he's made. Too many straw-man cases in this game already, we don't need another.
#426 - My case against Kuildeous, laid out in full, for Jotheonah.
#452 - I wonder at Kuildeous's constant target switching
#471 - My "top 2" other Mafia prospects past Kuildeous change to... Insomniac and Robz! (Hmm... notice a trend with those two?)
#476 - I posit some interesting theories based on how I would see things if Kuildeous comes back Mafia, AND if he comes back Town. Volt reads possible Mafia both ways. Insomniac reads town if Kuildeous is innocent, and Robz reads Mafia. Also, more suspicion to J if K comes back town.
#500 - I point out how a bad lynch is actually probably better for us than a no lynch.
#528 - I'm the only one to support K in my willingness to kill a known town member (bozzball) to prevent a town-suicide situation by the Mafia NOT lynching him Night 2, and making us unable to get 3 town votes day 3.
#533 - Put my vote down on Kuildeous to stay.

Relevant Conclusions: Well, this is the day I could die for. My mistake was (near) fatal to the town, and put us at a HUGE disadvantage. I led the crusade against Kuildeous, and it's hard to put this blame anywhere else. I was fully aware Day 2 that if I was wrong, town would likely lose (see post #476), and all I can do now is try to prevent that from happening. I've misled twice, and am very hesitant to be the "leader" day 3 as well. While I fully believed in my case, I absolutely did not fail to observe where my thoughts would lie if I were wrong. I was wrong. The only thing that's changed since post #476 in my beliefs is that Insomniac now seems more Scum than Town to me. I wouldn't have thought it at the end of day 2, but his actions day 3 leave me leaning that way. One thing I'll say for myself here day 2: I never waivered. This could easily be spun in a positive light, or a negative, so I'll let you make your own conclusions. But I was always willing to listen to arguments against other people, even if I wasn't willing to change my vote.

Day 3 Posts:
#547, #548, #549, #552, #553, #558, #576, #579, #586, #592, #596, #598, #604, #612

Posts if interests:
#547 - I indicate that I'm quite willing to reconsider Insomniac's arguments, but that I'll also be looking closely at Kuildeous's suspects list.
#549 - I point out that Insomniac's vote on Robz can only really mean 1 of 2 things: Insomniac is Mafia, or Robz is. They COULD be both town, but that just doesn't fit with Insomniac's actions.
#552 - I debunk much of Robz's post, which had some nuggets of good info, but was largely misleading. Still believe Insomniac to be more likely Mafia based on instant day 3 vote. I didn't like that AT all.
#553 - I'm a bit thrown by Robz's claim. Not entirely buying it, but need time to think.
#558 - Recognition of my mistakes day 2. Accept responsibility for them.
#579 - Confirm that yes, I am playing day 3 a little more... "backround" than the first two days. I've led the town once (and arguably twice) into bad lynches. I want to make what I feel is a more informed decision today.
#592 - Kind of lay out my feelings up to this point. After considering Robz's claim more, and watching the back and forth between him and Insomniac, I'm leaning towards Robz being Doctor, not Mafia. Still not nearly sure enough to make that thought final.
#598 - Reaffirm again that I am very much on the fence between those two.

Relevant Conclusions: Well, I'm not sure yet that there are any for day 3 by itself. I've made too many mistakes in the past. I am being ultra-cautious today. Maybe too much so, but at this point, I don't care if that brings suspicion on me or makes me an easy target for the Mafia. I'm sure that most of the other townies feel the same way. We need to take our time and be sure of this vote. At this point, I'm not sure of a lot of things. I'm doing my best to figure them out.

Overall conclusions: Well, here we are. Looking back, prior to day 3, the only people I never really made a case against were: Tables, Jotheonah, and Insomniac. Yes, there were times I thought both J and I might be Mafia, but I never really flushed out those feelings. Don't take that to mean that I think they are NOW, just that I think I need to explore the chance that they MAY be more than some others. My most damning moment is certainly the result of my Day 2 actions, but if you can look past that as an honest mistake (and trying too hard to find Mafia hiding behind good (not suspicious) play), I think I've been very town focused. Still, a long way to go.

---
Alright, putting in a pause here. I'm going to post this as part 1 of 6. I didn't expect to put so much effort into this, but of course, I can't help but go overboard. I'm going to do one of these posts for each person alive, and then one post putting together pairs based on play. My intention here is to help create an easy reference guide for everybody else as well to flip back through the days and see where each person made useful posts (and a list of every post they made, in case you just want to read up on even the seemingly irrelevant things they said).

Again, I ask that you hang with me. This isn't an easy assignment, but I think it will be largely beneficial to the town once complete. Feel free to disagree with any conclusions that I draw. I'm hoping this will lead me, as well as others who are unsure, to a more firm understanding of where we're at. I know some of you are busy for the next day or so, so I HOPE to have time to get through this all before we play ourselves into a loss. I'll always be watching anything new that gets added, even while diving into the past though, so I hope we can keep these conversations going.

Part 2 I hope to have up later tonight, and will be Insomniac.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 29, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »

Alright, writing a book here. Attempting to limit the bias, for what it's worth.

Let me begin at the start of Day 2. First, Insomniac came out against R & V, then I enumerated my Day 1 case against Robz and Volt. Here it is, only slightly abridged. I stand by it.

I was going to say exactly the same thing as Insomniac. Robz and Voltgloss definitely initiated 90% of the suspicion against Morgrim, pushed the conversation back toward him when it started to wander elsewhere, and, as Insomniac pointed out, cast the penultimate votes. Robz began the Morgrim chatter at a time when he was being targeted for various reasons (Reply 83). He then jumped on Morgrim for the rather small thing of quickly jumping off the no lynch bandwagon - a bandwagon we all agree was bad and which I jumped off of just as quickly. When Morgrim suspicion starts to flag, VOltgloss comes in with the very stirring post #114.

Robz started the suspicion but delayed his vote - perhaps hoping we'd remember the latter but forget the former? Then Voltgloss told Robz not to vote yet and said he wouldn't vote, but after catching Morgrim in a lie, he voted. We all said we would wait for Tables' analysis. Tables had a history of defending Morgrim. Before the analysis we were all waiting for arrived, Robz, with Volt's support, put down his vote.

Was Morgrim's lie (or, as it turns out, blunder) worth all that?

Both Robz and VG are experienced players, and I think our mafia's play so far has been advanced enough to suggest a veteran.

Some possible objections, and rebuttals:

1) Voltgloss was the one who first pointed out Robz' disparity in posting attitudes and cast early suspicion on him. So if that was all an act to throw us off the trail, it was a gutsy one. But that conflict disappated fairly quickly, and I do believe these two to be capable of that level of deception and complex play.

2) Voltgloss went to a lot of trouble to explain why a no-lynch vote was bad for the town and good for the mafia, at a point when no one had shared that viewpoint and at least two of us were content to ignorantly sabotage ourselves. A Mafioso would not have missed that opportunity - he would have at least waited to see if the rest of the town jumped on the no-lynch bandwagon.

Of course, this is something I said about Voltgloss early on:

Of course, another potential mafia tactic would be to set yourself up as the group's leader by being very vocal, thus giving yourself a position of safety in rounds to come.

And also, though no lynch is bad for the town, it's not as good for the mafia as lynching a townie is, right?

All in all, these two, as a team, are my top suspects right now. I think this narrative pretty well jives with what went down.

There were a few issues with this that Volt picked apart when we had our spat, including that I had the timing of his vote wrong. I stand by my apology and my claim that that was an innocent error.

Immediately after this K, who we now know was town, basically agreed with me re: Robz while suggesting my case against Volt was weaker and that if they were a team it would be a little obvious and a little sloppy.

Then Robz chimes in with his post. It actually does corroborate his doctor claim, in retrospect:

Him [Tables] and Kuildeous both had the opportunity to vote for Morgrim but didn't, so I expected one of them to die.

He says a lot more in the post. The key takeaways are that he accuses me (his first post after I accused him) and he accuses Insomniac (ditto) and he more or less clears Volt.

I respond, defending against accusations against me and saying I get a town read on G. (#257, page 11)

Next, Volt posts. His post has three themes: Defending himself, accusing me (and expending MANY words doing it), and dispelling, in various ways, the notion that he and Robz could be partners. He also says this:

Incidentally, I would be surprised if both Insomniac and jotheonah are Mafia.  To come right out with a 1-2 punch on Day 2 like that against people they (if both Mafia) know to be townies?  That would be extremely suspicious on Day 3 if they succeed.  Just the same way that it'd be very odd for me and Robz - if we were both Mafia - to come down so hard on Morgrim on Day 1.

Robz, I think this deserves an answer from you. The very same argument you have relied on as to why you and Volt are not a team applies to me and Insomniac. Please tell me why one would be valid and the other wouldn't.

He also says this:
You'll note I haven't tried to defend Robz.  That's because I haven't reviewed his Day 1 posts yet.  I need to do that before deciding whether Robz is or isn't worthy of suspicion.

As far as I know, the Day 1 Robz analysis never emerged.

Then insomniac posted. I find his posts really hard to follow, but I'm noticing he harps a lot about his clean conscience and all the voting he hasn't done. That's been a theme today too. It does read a little scummy, doesn't it? He unvotes for Robz here.

Then Galzria writes a book. He basically suspects everyone, but especially me and Kuildeous. Re-reading, his points about V are interesting. in V's post, he's all like "What bad arguments did I make against Morgrim?" and G's all like "well actually, these arguments you made weren't so hot"

I post, admitting that a V-R pairing is a little too neat. I mostly turn my suspicion on R, although later on V seems to read it as an indictment of him.

Then some other stuff happens. Under Galzria's care, the Kildeous wagon starts to pick up speed.

Galzria tallies who is suspicious of whom and Robz and Volts are still, in aggregate, the town's top suspects.

Volts rolls out his big attack on me.

I immediately craft a pretty damn sexy rebuttal.

Galzria stops suspecting me.

Kuildeous stops suspecting Robz and targets Volt.

Volt chooses not to respond to my rebuttal at all and then goes into hiding for a while claiming to have talked too much.

Galzria continues to push really hard for that K wagon, and also suspects Volt again.

Other stuff happens. I tentatively join the K wagon.

Insomniac begins his Robz crusade (we're on post 326 now, and I gotta quit for now)

So far in this readthrough I'm seeing Robz look a little better, in particular his doctor claim (With the one he pointed out and the one I caught I'm seeing at least two vaguely corroborating points). Volt is looking worse. Galz is looking a bit worse. Insomniac is just super hard to read - it's the bad town vs bad mafia problem. Hopefully I will finish this in a bit.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 29, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »

Chopping out a lot to get to two quick points:

in V's post, he's all like "What bad arguments did I make against Morgrim?" and G's all like "well actually, these arguments you made weren't so hot"

First: This summation made me lol.

Other stuff happens. I tentatively join the K wagon.
I believe that to be a gross misrepresentation of the facts. You got on the K-train fairly quickly behind me, and barely got off of it (I think you were regretting getting on so early, but to what end, I havn't concluded). You then rejoined and stayed on the whole time. I *never* got a "tentative" read from you about it. In fact, that WAS the reason I cleared you in my book at the time - I just couldn't see the Mafia throwing their weight so quickly behind me when my suspicions of K were so far outside anybody else's at the time. This theory generally held true coming into day 3, but going back (and re-reading some of my OWN points about what an innocent K could mean), I'm now questioning it a little bit more.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 29, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »

Apparently Galz and I are on the same wave length here. I'm going to cede the project to him for the moment. In a moment I will post the promised point-by-point rebuttal for Robz.

Volt, I can take you up on the "Why don't I believe there are no town roles:" (with the caveat that I am wavering a bit on it)  It was really just a gut feeling based on the fact that two nights had gone by with no evidence of our town role being helpful and no town claims or accidental let slips. An application of Occam's Razor suffices I guess. If one explanation is that the town role exists but has managed to stay completely secret and the other is that the role simply doesn't exist, the latter seemed simpler to me. 

Combine that with the fact that I see NO benefit in Robz (as town) claiming his role when he did. A town should only claim if (A) he's in danger of being lynched (IMMEDIATE DANGER) or (B) the claim provides useful information about who is mafia. Was either of those the case? I think not.

Galz:

Maybe "tentatively" was a bad choice of words.  I joined the wagon, but I didn't really add to the case against him and I didn't cast a vote. I just said "Yeah, the stuff you have on him looks legit" That's all I was trying to convey.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:29 pm »

Galz:

Maybe "tentatively" was a bad choice of words.  I joined the wagon, but I didn't really add to the case against him and I didn't cast a vote. I just said "Yeah, the stuff you have on him looks legit" That's all I was trying to convey.

Fair enough. I don't take any issue with that statement. I suppose I just read what you meant a little wrong. Thank you for the clarification.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 29, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Okay, I'm back with a mammoth post that includes strong accusations. First, Voltgloss asked for thoughts on Bozzball. I think that everybody, including people I no longer trust, did a good job of laying out why the mafia killed Bozzball. Here's my take, though I think it's similar to other people's:

Bozzball was assumed innocent, and the mafia don't want people like that hanging around. Also, in a weird sense, he presented a wildcard, because it was hard to tell which way he would eventually vote. And his vote would matter today, because there's 5 of us. So I can see the mafia deciding that they've done fine up until now convincing the vocal, core people to do the wrong thing--why take the chance of screwing that up by leaving in someone who is only casually connected to the game? What if he gets replaced by somebody else before the lynch deadline and this person really gets it--a fresh pair of eyes, or something--and the mafia go down? So, I think they decided just to keep rolling with the way things are going and prevent this uninvolved wildcard person from having any influence in this round of the game.

And now, more importantly, I am willing to venture a guess as to who the 2 mafia are.

Note the bold text. So Robz's own reasoning for the mafia killing bozzball hinges on him being confident that the mafia orchestrated the bad lynches - "convinced vocal people to do the wrong thing."  That flat out does not line up with a picture of me and Insomniac as the mafia. I did very little convincing on either day - Robz and Volt led the first charge, Galzria the second. Insomniac barely participated in either lynch, as he is so fond of pointing out.  Robz probably put this part first, before he named us, to obscure this inconsistency.

I am the doctor. Galzria and Voltgloss seem to be leaning toward believing me. Jtheonah seems to be leaning toward thinking I'm mafia. Insomniac is convinced I'm mafia. I believe this clears things up, at least for me.

The mafia are Insomniac and Jtheonah.

We are mafia because we don't believe a suspicious, weirdly-timed, unnecessary role claim. That is what Robz just said.

First of all, I do NOT say this with certainty. I say it with likelihood. In my mind, it is the most likely scenario. I've reached this conclusion by going back over Day 2 from the standpoint that they are mafia and seeing what statements corroborate this view.

J came out swinging against me early on Day 2. It wasn't super aggressive, but he definitely singled me out as the most suspicious, or at least slightly more suspicious than Volt. I took slight umbrage at that, because hey, plenty of other people voted Morgrim, including him, and he read like a hedger to me with his line about no longer thinking it was Morgrim but still doing that vote. But then, here's the thing: He backed off me. Later in the day (but still early on) we get this from him, where he startes moving away from suspecting me:

As for whether it's Robz or Volt, I was leaning toward Robz but the more I think about it the more I suspect Volt.  I'll have to take a really close look to figure out which of them is mafia, but I'm so very sure one of them is.

[Remember that he will eventually go on to quarrel with Insomniac (which I believe was just for the sake of not appearing in tandem) and ultimately vote Kuildeous. And Insomniac considers ME to be the guy who throws too much suspicion around???]

Having just re-read, I can say that this quote is an odd one to take out of context. My Day 2 position was pretty consistent even though it wasn't focused on one person. Initially I thought Robz and Volt were a team. Others convinced me this was unlikely. At that point I continued to waiver between the two of them as suspects.

Knowing ONE of them was mafia, that left ONE other mafia among the non-Morgrim voters. Focusing my energies on the R-V problem, I chose to trust Galzria on the other problem. His reasons seemed good to me. I joined the K wagon.

At this point, by the way, J and Insomniac's suspicions line up perfectly. I can even independently verify that via third party:

These will attempt to be organized by level of suspicion (highest first):

Insomniac suspects: Voltgloss, Robz888
Jotheonah suspects: Voltgloss, Robz888

Then things change. Galzria begins to suspect Kuildeous. Voltgloss is also suspicious of Kuildeous. I can say that my thinking about K very much went 180 degrees, I admit that (I actually saved him in the night!). But I was persuaded that at least one of the mafia may have decided not to vote for Morgrim, because they didn't need to. And now J, despite being most suspicious of me and Volt, gets on the K bandwagon. but as J's public suspicions of me drop, and his suspicion of K goes up, Insomniac does the opposite. He very much adopts the mantle of anti-Robz player. Of course, J still leaves the possibility of me and Volt open with this post:

I still believe the most plausible thing at this point is that either Robz or Volt is one mafia and Kuildeaous is the other. Insomniac's last posts have been strange and not that helpful - vague, partly inaccurate, not definitive. But they don't necessarily read mafia to me.

So to reiterate, I am not setting myself up with a single post. I am continuing to advocate the somewhat complex position I've been advocating all day: That R or V is one mafia and K is the other.

Great! He can kill K this round, while setting himself up to rejoin his mafia partner Insomniac next round in the killing of me (or possibly Volt in case of some weird circumstances). Next, Galz casts the first vote for K. Thing are definitely moving against K. Meanwhile, Insomniac and me have this exchange:

An aside not related to tables it IS possible according to the setup that there may or may not be another town power role. This is an important fact that
nobody has claimed to be them.

Nobody has claimed it because there has been no reason to claim it, I assume. They should only claim it if they know something or if they are about to be accidentally lynched.

There was no reason for Insomniac to bring this up. One possible read of this to me now is him trying to provoke some discussion of who the other role is, because that's something the mafia want to know. My response was a polite reminder that we shouldn't talk about that, let our other role person do their thing in secret for now, obviously! But as the doctor, I didn't want Insomniac's comment to lead the rest of you into thinking there wasn't another role townie at all, so this is why I made this comment. (And come on, Insomniac's comment is just stupid. It is NOT an important fact that no one has claimed to be some special townie--it's just an obvious strategy on the part of that person. I don't believe anybody else would have said something like that. Insomniac said it because he is using mafia thinking.) And on we go...

Okay, Insomnaic turns up the heat against me and actually casts a vote. J tests the waters about returning to suspecting me, starts to publicly walk back his K suspicion. As it becomes clear that me and Volt and Galz will all adamantly vote for K, he again goes back to voting K. Really, this makes good sense for the mafia.

As I said at the time, no it doesn't. I am not so stupid a mafia player that I attempt the same ineffective strategy to pre-emptively clear my name that so spectacularly failed last round. Last minute second-guessing is something I do as a town who has every reason to lack confidence in the town's lynching ability and it's perfectly defensible in that light.

J and Insomniac go on to quarrel slightly, and J casts some healthy suspicion on his partner, and then they land on the opposite sides of the vote. But really, it's a trivial distinction to them. In fact, it's better that way. The townie K dies this round with J's vote. Next round, Insomniac gets to sound like Mr. Correct as he goes directly after me. Meanwhile, J can slowly pretend to be swayed by Insomniac's analysis (even though he has had it out for me since the start of Day 2), and hope that this spectacle ropes in Volt, or more likely, Galz. I believe this is the mafia win scenario by the way: Insomniac and J convince Galz to vote for me. Of course it's easier with Bozzball gone, because who knows what he would do.

What does all this mean?

I think we see a clear strategy on the part of the mafia: Accuse the same people when it matters, but vote on opposite sides because the voting doesn't matter when there aren't any mafia up for lynching and it's better not to seem in tandem. There was no reason for them to do anything other than one for Morgrim, one not voting in the first round. That was enough to have Morgrim killed, and then no matter which group of voters came under suspicion in Day 2, they were split up so as not to appear suspicious. They picked me and Volt to go after (easy targets because of the Morgrim vote) but when the town moved against another innocent, K, they reverted to the plan: have one person vote for the kill and have the other refrain. In this round, the round that matters, J is trying to nuance the fact that he is on Insomniac's side. I believe that this is why: He is always been on Insomniac's side. They are the mafia.

Ok, I'll admit I'm trying to nuance it. Mainly because I DON'T trust Insomniac. It's very possible he's  Voltgloss's partner. But also. Even if I'm NOT working with Insomniac, do you blame me for trying not to look like I'm working with Insomniac? Everyone thinks he's mafia. Coming out and saying "Hey this guy and I think alike" is not a good way to get listened to, whichever side I'm on.

-------

Okay. I obviously thought about this a lot. I began with the belief that Insomniac had to be mafia and went from there. J is his most likely associate, and I think the history backs this up. Am I positive? No. But does it seem most likely to me? Yes.

(This is of course only in addition to the volume of evidence that already incriminates Insomniac individually: namely the fact that he says misleading things all the time. He is the only player who does that.)

I will give them both a chance to respond, and then I will drop a vote on Insomniac. I expect Insomniac and J to cast their votes for me soon. But it all comes down to Volt and Galz, whom I hope and expect to agree with me: that Insomniac is the most likely person to be mafia, based on his misleading statements, his rejection of my roleclaim, and his voting and accusal pattern. And that J is by far his likely mafia partner, backed up by the evidence of how their strategies have played off each other on previous days.

And that's my say.

Well the good thing is that you're voting for Insomniac first. And I still am 50/50 on him. If we kill Insomniac and he turns up town, I'll be sad. But, slightly less sad than if you kill me. Although, I guess it all amounts to the same thing.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 30, 2012, 01:21:29 am »

Alright, part 2 of 6:

Insomniac:
Day 1 Posts:
#28, #30, #34, #37, #38, #115

Posts of interest:
None. No, really, none. MAYBE #115, but eh.

Relevant Conclusions: Well, what can I say here? Either you suspect him for being so absent or you don't. There isn't any substance to make a verdict on.

Day 2 Posts:
#247, #249, #260, #270, #317, #326, #346, #349, #350, #354, #371, #387, #390, #393, #394, #406, #409, #410, #413, #415, #432, #433, #436, #440, #442, #459, #462, #463, #470, #474, #483, #487, #491, #495, #496, #502, #505, #506, #513, #515

Posts of interest:
#247 - Suspects Volt & Robz, votes Volt, comes out defending his actions day 1
#260 - Stands by Volt suspicion, unvotes, defends himself by claiming he was drawing too much attention to be Mafia
#270 - Claims we should be suspicious of everyone
#326 - Full summary. Volt drops in suspicion, Robz raises. Not sure of K, leaning town for G,leaning mafia for J, thinks bozz is town.
#349 - Solidifies his case that Robz is primary finger pointer. Quotes Robz's first day 2 analysis post.
#393 - Dissects Tables death, regresses suspicion of J, inquires about other roles in game.
#406 - More back and forth with Robz,, still suspects Volt.
#409 - Votes Robz, flips 180 degrees on bozzball. He's now #2 suspect.
#432 - Fully lays out case for Robz/Bozzball.
#440 - Stays on Robz, keeps Volt door open.
#462 - Makes case for what order Mafia would vote. #4 least likely to be Mafia.
#474 - Claims if K turns up town, he would be killed at night for being on the right track.
#483 - Defends K on the basis that K is all but lynched anyway, so must be town.
#495 - Goes after Galz for not supporting his arguments.
#502 - Suspicious of J for specifying when he planned on voting if nothing new arose.
#506 - Gives suspicion levels. Volt dropped WAY down (see: R-V pairing). Galz up (see R-G & G-J)
#513 - TINAS play ("go ahead, lynch me! I wish you would") Wrongly accuses Robz of driving K-train.

Relevant Conclusions: Well, polar opposite of day 1. I never felt misgivings of I during day 2, but compiling and looking back, there is a lot to be wary of. There was a LOT of hedging, though he stayed mostly on Robz. Does things that don't mesh with day 3 play. His claim in #270 that we should be suspicious... Then attacks for actually being so! Says lynch vote #4 is where the Mafia won't want to be (#462), then comes out against Rob for being #4. Flips for no reason about bozzball (he was wrong about, btw). Just a lot to be uncertain of. Still, I want to review everyone equally here, so moving on.

Day 3 Posts:
#546 - Votes Robz in first post
#559 - Unvotes in second post
#560 - Defends why he is still alive, claims to be #1 suspect from day 2 and easiest target.
#564 - Continues after Rob (this is no longer noteworthy), appears to play "who's more suspicious", arguing he brings more carryover suspicion from day 2.
#583 - Suspects Volt... For suspecting him.
#585 - Defends bozzball as the correct target for the Mafia.
#587 - Defends bozzball kill again, reaffirms suspicions of those who suspect him (mostly Volt)
#603 - Culmination of R/I feud, same arguments from both sides.
#608 - Starts wanting to back off Robz.
#611 - Claims to still think Robz is Mafia, but starts pulling off.

Relevant Conclusions: Well, nothing's changed for me. Day 3 still has me leaning Mafia. His tit-for-tat with Robz about suspecting those who suspect you is a HUGE pot calling kettle after posts #583 and #587. Still, Robz isn't exactly squeaky clean in all of this and I'll continue to withhold final judgment until I look over everyone. But I don't think, looking at all 3 days here, that my gut feeling got any better here.

--Note: I realize I may not always come across as 100% objective when trying to sum up relative posts. I'm doing my best, but I encourage everyone to review them yourselves and see if I was fair or not.--

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 30, 2012, 01:24:25 am »

Okay, in this post I am just trying to answer a couple questions that were thrown my way.

Incidentally, I would be surprised if both Insomniac and jotheonah are Mafia.  To come right out with a 1-2 punch on Day 2 like that against people they (if both Mafia) know to be townies?  That would be extremely suspicious on Day 3 if they succeed.  Just the same way that it'd be very odd for me and Robz - if we were both Mafia - to come down so hard on Morgrim on Day 1.

Robz, I think this deserves an answer from you. The very same argument you have relied on as to why you and Volt are not a team applies to me and Insomniac. Please tell me why one would be valid and the other wouldn't.

Well, to be fair, this is not exactly my argument, it's Volt's. All I've said on that subject is, Volt and I have been very close, and I know that we are not a co-mafia pair, so I understand that it is possible for 2 non-mafia players to work closely together without automatically deserving suspicion.  However, I don't think that analogy applies exactly to you and Insomniac. Your voting patterns diverged wildly, while your accusations dovetailed at important junctions. So you're relationship with Insomniac is sort of in that middle ground, in my view, where it's suspicious.

Also
Combine that with the fact that I see NO benefit in Robz (as town) claiming his role when he did. A town should only claim if (A) he's in danger of being lynched (IMMEDIATE DANGER) or (B) the claim provides useful information about who is mafia. Was either of those the case? I think not.

We are mafia because we don't believe a suspicious, weirdly-timed, unnecessary role claim. That is what Robz just said.

I gather that J takes issue with my roleclaim. I can't deny that it generates suspicion, however it is neither weirdly-timed nor unnecessary. Let me explain.

First of all, the only reason to keep my role secret is to derive some benefit from the power later on. With the doctor, this means preventing the mafia's target from dying. So, right before I declared, this was the question: Will my power ever be useful? In order for it to be useful, the following things would have to happen:

1). I am not lynched by the town today. (I can't use the power if I'm dead.)
2). The town lynches a mafia. (I can't use my power if the game ends due to mafia victory.)
3). The mafia must select someone other than me to die, and I must also select that person.

I thought the odds of all of these things happening was very, very low. So the negatives of roleclaiming seemed low.

On the contrary, it seemed my Doctor status would be most useful in narrowing down the possible mafia suspects at this absolutely critical juncture. I mean, I suppose you have to believe me for it to matter, and again I hope I have given you a lot of good reasons to believe me. But... why would I sit on information that clears me, and is unlikely to ever be useful again or matter later anyway? And why would I wait to reveal until right before the hammer drops? First of all, we are only talking 3 votes to kill here, and Insomniac had put one on me before the sun was even up on Day 3.

I can tell you, and you'll just have to trust me I guess--if I were not the Doctor, and like, Galzria was, I would want Galzria to say so at this point in the game. It's more evidence to weigh, and it could very well be the difference between killing the right person and killing the wrong person today.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 30, 2012, 01:28:09 am »

Oh, how I wish I had time today/tomorrow to spend on these games. 

But alas work consumed me today as I predicted it would.  It's 1:30 a.m. here and I am still plowing ahead.

I'll try to weigh in with substance Wednesday evening.  Hopefully it won't be sleep-deprived substance.

I really have to thank everyone for posting "books" while I'm swamped in RL.  I use quotes jokingly, but I actually like having long posts to read when I finally sit down to prepare my own analysis.  I definitely think we should wait for Galzria's 6-part magnum opus to conclude before casting any votes.  If that means Thursday rather than Wednesday, well, so be it.  We have the weekend if we need it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:17 am »

My next post (Jotheonah) will be slightly delayed, as I'm meeting friends in the morning to spend time with their doggy who is dying of cancer.  :'( I hope to have 2 more installments up by tomorrow night, leaving just Volt and pairings for Thursday.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.