Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Flawless Town Win!)  (Read 64831 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Day 1 has begun!) - PM for Spec
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2012, 05:50:40 pm »

I'm really stressed out, but I'm about to go dark for 2 hours.  I think I prefer eevee lynch.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »

Good.  I have done analysis computing likely scum triples.  I believe there is no way Insom and SFS are both scum.

Also, Insom is not today's lynch, if I have my way.  I am mildly inclined to believe Robz's assessment that Insom is acting just like town insom.

People I am currently most suspicious of are Robz/Galz.

Vote: Galz

PPE: I agree with eevee; and am about to look through Robz's stuff.

Great! Move from my second town read to my top town read!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2012, 05:51:54 pm »

yeah robz, the benefit of my idea was to force scum to sheep ic's. I'm town. scum didn't agree to sheep ic's, why would I? you are smarter than that.
me and only me following the plan would ofc be antitown. town robz is better than that.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:45 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:

Eevee (2, u2): Jimmmmm, Robz888
SwitchedFromStarcraft (1, u2): Robz888, Insomniac
Galzria (1, u2): shraeye, Eevee, shraeye
Insomniac (1, u2): shraeye, SwitchedFromStarcraft
Robz888 (2, u2): Galzria, Eevee

Not voting (1): Captain_Frisk

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Friday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. forum time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:06:04 pm by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »

Insomniac has been acting scummy, but I do often come up with scum reads on him.  So he is not my current #1 at all.  I am infact putting him at slight town.

The problem with Insom as scum, is that most of the people I would put him in triples with are willing to lynch him.  That doesn't feel right.  There are very viable triples out there, and a frigtening percentage of them contain Galzria.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2012, 05:54:23 pm »

20 minutes left for me, if I get hammered here are my reads for day 2 because I hope we can still win

#1 - SFS - He is absolutely scum
#2 - Galz - He set himself up to vote SFS or Insom which are the biggest wagons, would be highly surprised if he were town

Admittedly I don't have a good read for 3 if pressed I would say

#3 - Eevee - I was only giving him a town read for going against the grain when I think he would fly under the radar, I could be wrong and he could be scum.

Townie I would bet the game on: Frisk, nothing in particular but his posts have just had a resounding town frisk feel for me.

Townie I will never listen to again: Shraeye for being 100% wrong about SFS vs Insom

This is incorrect. I would not vote SFS today. I would consider heavily voting him TOMORROW, IF we lynched you and you flipped town.

Really perhaps you should go read your post again because no where did you say you wouldn't lynch either of us and said that you were sure one of us was scum maybe both

And I've said all game that you were my #2. That didn't change in that post. What changed is that I said I was having more misgivings about you, and read on SFS was completely unknown. I said that given the way you two were going at it I felt confident that one of you was scum. I never said those odds were equal, or that my reads were equal.

I DID express the possibility that you were both scum - bit that seemed rather farfetched, and wasn't even really worth considering until we had one confirmed flip.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2012, 05:55:59 pm »

20 minutes left for me, if I get hammered here are my reads for day 2 because I hope we can still win

#1 - SFS - He is absolutely scum
#2 - Galz - He set himself up to vote SFS or Insom which are the biggest wagons, would be highly surprised if he were town

Admittedly I don't have a good read for 3 if pressed I would say

#3 - Eevee - I was only giving him a town read for going against the grain when I think he would fly under the radar, I could be wrong and he could be scum.

Townie I would bet the game on: Frisk, nothing in particular but his posts have just had a resounding town frisk feel for me.

Townie I will never listen to again: Shraeye for being 100% wrong about SFS vs Insom

This is incorrect. I would not vote SFS today. I would consider heavily voting him TOMORROW, IF we lynched you and you flipped town.

Really perhaps you should go read your post again because no where did you say you wouldn't lynch either of us and said that you were sure one of us was scum maybe both

And I've said all game that you were my #2. That didn't change in that post. What changed is that I said I was having more misgivings about you, and read on SFS was completely unknown. I said that given the way you two were going at it I felt confident that one of you was scum. I never said those odds were equal, or that my reads were equal.

I DID express the possibility that you were both scum - bit that seemed rather farfetched, and wasn't even really worth considering until we had one confirmed flip.

That entire post just felt like you were trying to gain the ability to lynch Robz or Insom or SFS
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2012, 05:56:20 pm »

I always always read ins as scum, not more so than normal
here. interpret what you will from there. 20% battery life left but I'm totally ready to go home to be for the deadline. 3 hours left?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2012, 05:57:27 pm »

yeah robz, the benefit of my idea was to force scum to sheep ic's. I'm town. scum didn't agree to sheep ic's, why would I? you are smarter than that.
me and only me following the plan would ofc be antitown. town robz is better than that.

You're actually right, my apologies. I misrepresented your position. I thought you were saying the ICs had better reads than the non-IC towns. But all you're saying is that the damage that could be done by the ICs is less than a mafia-led town, so we would rather negate the non-IC town than risk throwing the town to the mafia? Okay, well, I still disagree with the plan, but that puts it in perspective a bit more.

I have no idea who to vote for.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »

And alert: I'm going to be phone posting from now until deadline.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »

no one even read let alone considered my plan. makes me sad. looking forward to the post game discussions where you're actually honest though.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »

I wish I was better at rhetorics.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:58 pm »

no one even read let alone considered my plan. makes me sad. looking forward to the post game discussions where you're actually honest though.

I've explained numerous times that I have read your plan fully understand what your saying and still disagree with it
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

this game is super awesome btw, ty ashersky.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 16, 2012, 06:03:49 pm »

I've explained numerous times that I have read your plan fully understand what your saying and still disagree with it
Yeah, we always disagree though :) and you could be scum still. post game is the only place I can get a real reality check.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 16, 2012, 06:04:26 pm »

Vote: Eevee

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 16, 2012, 06:05:22 pm »

Vote: Galzria

I'll vote for my number 2 scum read, much much much prefer SFS still.

Anyways only posting by phone now. and no guarantees ill be available at all

Well I was just saying I read and understood your case you said no one did. I find that we sometimes disagree but not always and while you always think Im scum I normally find you townie.

Yeah, we always disagree though :) and you could be scum still. post game is the only place I can get a real reality check.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 16, 2012, 06:08:00 pm »

Good.  I have done analysis computing likely scum triples.  I believe there is no way Insom and SFS are both scum.

Also, Insom is not today's lynch, if I have my way.  I am mildly inclined to believe Robz's assessment that Insom is acting just like town insom.

People I am currently most suspicious of are Robz/Galz.

Vote: Galz

PPE: I agree with eevee; and am about to look through Robz's stuff.

Sorry, posting over warnings and missed this.

I'm not sure how to respond though since you didn't really present a case. You mentioned in another post about possible "pairs", and I guess if you're talking about "is too uncertain about too many people, thus could be scum with any of them", I couldn't really refute you except to say I'm not scum.

I agree that I'm on the fence in a lot of places. Almost all of my reads are circumstantial. "If Insomniac is town, SFS is likely scum" - "If Eevee is town, CF is likely scum UNLESS SFS/Insomniac are both scum", "If Eevee is scum, CF is is likely town and one of SFS/Ins is scum". The only thing I've been consistent about is my strong dislike of Robz buddying up to me. Everything else feels weak at best. Comes with the territory of only knowing my own alignment, but knowing 3 of 5 others are scum.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 16, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »

Vote Count 1.7:

Eevee (3, u3): Jimmmmm, Robz888, Captain_Frisk
SwitchedFromStarcraft (0, u2): Robz888, Insomniac
Galzria (2, u3): shraeye, Eevee, shraeye, Insomniac
Insomniac (1, u2): shraeye, SwitchedFromStarcraft
Robz888 (2, u2): Galzria, Eevee

Not voting (0):

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Friday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. forum time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:13:43 pm by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 16, 2012, 06:08:33 pm »

I read your IC plan and disagree with it.  Real opinion there.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:45 pm »

As an IC, I apologize that my reads have been all over the place.  With the quick deadline, I often post all theories immediately once I have them because it's very illuminating to see who agrees with me and who doesn't.  Then I realize that there is something else that doesn't seem to line up.  I'm currently second-guessing myself with regard to Insom.  But I'm sticking with my Galz vote for now, and likely for the rest of the day.  It's of note to me that Galz is the most level headed here it seems.  I'm sticking with the idea that town are going crazy like me and scrambling to understand things, but mafia would be cool and not seem to stick out much.

I agree with Insom's idea that Galz seems to be gearing up to lynch SFS, Robz, or Insom tomorrow.  My best guess is that when Galz flips scum, that there is one partner in his target group, and one out of it.

Another interesting thing: at the start of this game, I went to go read a town-win on Mafiascum using this setup and it's pitiful how easy it was to find their scum.  I just read through the first day and immediately guessed 2 out of 3 and I don't even know those people.  You all are much harder to read, so congratulations.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »

I read it, expressed qualified agreement, asked a lot of very specific questions, and didn't get any answers.  Part of that is my fault - I failed to hold folks accountable.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2012, 06:18:12 pm »

As an IC, I apologize that my reads have been all over the place.  With the quick deadline, I often post all theories immediately once I have them because it's very illuminating to see who agrees with me and who doesn't.  Then I realize that there is something else that doesn't seem to line up.  I'm currently second-guessing myself with regard to Insom.  But I'm sticking with my Galz vote for now, and likely for the rest of the day.  It's of note to me that Galz is the most level headed here it seems.  I'm sticking with the idea that town are going crazy like me and scrambling to understand things, but mafia would be cool and not seem to stick out much.

I agree with Insom's idea that Galz seems to be gearing up to lynch SFS, Robz, or Insom tomorrow.  My best guess is that when Galz flips scum, that there is one partner in his target group, and one out of it.

Another interesting thing: at the start of this game, I went to go read a town-win on Mafiascum using this setup and it's pitiful how easy it was to find their scum.  I just read through the first day and immediately guessed 2 out of 3 and I don't even know those people.  You all are much harder to read, so congratulations.

I agree with his assessment as well. Do you honestly think both SFS and Insomniac are two of the town? If we lynched Insomniac and he flipped town would you not be quite highly suspicious of SFS? I mean, I never claimed I would run off and lynch him unconditionally, but yes, I would absolutely give it serious consideration.

Now, let me ask you a question:

After I flip town, who's scum?

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »

I agree with his assessment as well. Do you honestly think both SFS and Insomniac are two of the town? If we lynched Insomniac and he flipped town would you not be quite highly suspicious of SFS? I mean, I never claimed I would run off and lynch him unconditionally, but yes, I would absolutely give it serious consideration.

Pretty defensive galz, we're currently lynching eevee if I can count.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2012, 06:21:23 pm »

Eevee, Insom, Frisk
Robz, Frisk, Insom
Robz, Insom, Eevee

in order from most to least likely.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28  All

Page created in 1.617 seconds with 21 queries.