Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 121462 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2018, 07:13:38 am »

FWIW I joined the game thinking that the point is that town have roles that are negative utility for scum, and then scum has to receive those whenever they kill someone.
That’s a fun idea for a game, although probably swingy and tough to balance .

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2018, 07:23:37 am »

FWIW I joined the game thinking that the point is that town have roles that are negative utility for scum, and then scum has to receive those whenever they kill someone.

I still think that's the point of this game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2018, 07:46:03 am »

Mcmc hasn't been pushing the way I'm used to him pushing - via words, cases, questions, interrogations etc - he's seemed to be casting his vote wherever the wind has been blowing, and doing little individual thinking and constructing of his own.

Everything else thusfar... meh.

vote: mcmc

Gotta go check our deadline to see if I can try to get votes here, or if we should be looking to consolidate.

This is due to the fact that I have vastly less time to dedicate to the game then I did previously. You can check the games que thread to see that I have moved recently and started at a new office, so my time at home has been spent unpacking/building a chicken coup and my time at work has been working and learning new things instead of running things about mafia through my head. So I am keeping up and reading similarly but just don't have the time to create more thought out posts like I normally do. Good post though I definitely understand I look different then normal.

What do you think about eevee? He feels really scummy to me.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2018, 07:51:22 am »

Vote: mcmc
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2018, 08:08:52 am »

I still think that's the point of this game.

This feels like Awaclus trying to signal subtly that he's not a good NK target... which kind of feels townie because scum would have no reason to benefit from sending those signals. That is, except to emulate what they think town would do, but how likely is it that scum!Awaclus would think that some town roles might be negative-utility for scum?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2018, 08:24:26 am »

how likely is it that scum!Awaclus would think that some town roles might be negative-utility for scum?

I already said I thought that before I even joined the game.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2018, 08:53:50 am »

reading Galz's post I am starting to notice mcmc is not really his town!self... I think mcmc and Eevee are scummy
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2018, 09:29:55 am »

reading Galz's post I am starting to notice mcmc is not really his town!self... I think mcmc and Eevee are scummy

Explain why you think I am not my “town” self? I pointed out the reason I look different then previous mcmc but I don’t see the conflation to why I am specifically not my town self.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:37 am »

I can vouch for the fact that mcmc has a ton of real life stuff going on, at least.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2018, 10:57:05 am »

vote: mcmcsalot

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2018, 11:24:43 am »

re

Vote: gkrieg13

to me he just feels very different from his normal self. I dunno why. but I'm guessing its because hes probably scum.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2018, 11:33:54 am »

Explain why you think I am not my “town” self? I pointed out the reason I look different then previous mcmc but I don’t see the conflation to why I am specifically not my town self.

Explain why you think you are your "town" self.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2018, 11:52:15 am »

Building a chicken coup is amazing and possibly towny.

I feel I’m always scummy these days, at least day 1. Feeling better of my game as the game progresses, though I’ve definitely had to accept I’m quite the casual player these days. Maybe I always was.

I see what you guys mean with mcmc not seeming himself, but same could be said for Galzria at least. Having higher standards for some people due to amazing earlier performances and punishing them for failing to meet them when whey have more real life responsibilities feels icky to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:09 pm »

Vote: gkrieg sounds good to me. He's been much less of a factor than I would expect.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:01 pm »

Vote: gkrieg sounds good to me. He's been much less of a factor than I would expect.

This happens to me nearly every D1.  I'm just not very active D1.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:40 pm »

Mcmc hasn't been pushing the way I'm used to him pushing - via words, cases, questions, interrogations etc - he's seemed to be casting his vote wherever the wind has been blowing, and doing little individual thinking and constructing of his own.

Gotta go check our deadline to see if I can try to get votes here, or if we should be looking to consolidate.

This is due to the fact that I have vastly less time to dedicate to the game then I did previously. You can check the games que thread to see that I have moved recently and started at a new office, so my time at home has been spent unpacking/building a chicken coup and my time at work has been working and learning new things instead of running things about mafia through my head. So I am keeping up and reading similarly but just don't have the time to create more thought out posts like I normally do. Good post though I definitely understand I look different then normal.

bolded is why I voted for mcmcsalot.  Just seems like a scummy statement to just say someone feels scummy and floating it out there.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2018, 12:35:35 pm »

This happens to me nearly every D1.  I'm just not very active D1.
Okay, I can relate.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2018, 12:36:49 pm »

bolded is why I voted for mcmcsalot.  Just seems like a scummy statement to just say someone feels scummy and floating it out there.
To be fair, he was responding to me asking who he finds scummy. I think there was at least one other person who similarly called me scummy without really putting forth any reasons, when I reread I'll try to find it and contrast who said it first and who might be scum trying to subtly nudge that person towards lynching me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2018, 12:52:08 pm »

To be fair, he was responding to me asking who he finds scummy. I think there was at least one other person who similarly called me scummy without really putting forth any reasons, when I reread I'll try to find it and contrast who said it first and who might be scum trying to subtly nudge that person towards lynching me.

It looks like he was responding to galzria.  Why are you trying to defend him?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2018, 01:02:14 pm »

I don't mean to defend him, and he probably doesn't need my defense really. Was just trying to provide context.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2018, 01:14:34 pm »

I can elaborate. Eevee's musings about the claim seemed all to be that claiming would be bad and then as time went on he all the sudden thought it would be fun which seemed really off to me and scummy. I was curious how galz felt about eevee for multiple reasons (his read on me and that hes played with eevee lots). So that's why I asked.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2018, 01:37:01 pm »

Changed my profile pic, just so people know.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2018, 01:43:49 pm »

Changed my profile pic, just so people know.

who are you
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2018, 01:48:54 pm »

I can, obviously, relate to being quite busy in real life and having it impact my game time/effort. Acknowledging that you're not your normal town!self however, how would YOU read you? That is, take any other player, recognize they aren't playing their normal town game, and where does that lead you?

This forum is full of meta-reads. It's usually where I'm strongest (that and vote analysis) - but as Awaclus likes to make note, it's a faulty system. "TownMeta!Mcmc" does not equal "Town!Mcmc", because it's exactly what "Scum!Mcmc" would be attempting to emulate. One could argue the fact that you're NOT acting like "TownMeta!Mcmc" might mean, in fact, that you're probably town because of the bolded part above. In the end, it's all just a rabbit hole of WIFOM.

So instead, for my read on you, focus less on the "He's not acting like I've seen town!Mcmc act". That's a bad line of reasoning. What I haven't liked from your play, particularly and solely relating to this game, is how loose your voting pattern has appeared. It's been very... "Where are others looking/voting/suspecting right now" - that is, it's felt like opportunistic voting, rather than based on your own personal reads.

Regarding Eevee:

I don't think I've ever, in over 30 games played with him, had a scum read on him. His posting style is always so upbeat and cheery that it's hard for me to think he could be up to nefarious deeds. In regards to the discussion on massclaiming, his being against it to begin with is more out-of-line for Eevee as I remember him than is his "Let's do it because it sounds fun". He definitely backpeddaled quickly and changed position on it.... but I don't see why scum would do so publicly and quickly - it's not as if there was an obvious shift in group opinion from the other people in the game that he would've felt he needed to gel with them.

Now, he IS being rather talkative overall (compared to how I recall him being), but that may be a bias I'm having due to the general lack of activity from everyone else. Eevee, as I've seen him as scum, tends to try harder than his normal town self. He comes across as forced because he wants to be read as town. This "try harder" attitude often manifests itself in a higher-than-average post count, as well as him town-reading everybody, not wanting to commit to scum reads because he's scared (maybe not the right word) of OMGUS and drawing attention to himself. He's hedgy as scum, and always, always, always (as is his nature) suuuuuuper polite and nice.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2018, 01:54:04 pm »

I can, obviously, relate to being quite busy in real life and having it impact my game time/effort. Acknowledging that you're not your normal town!self however, how would YOU read you? That is, take any other player, recognize they aren't playing their normal town game, and where does that lead you?

This forum is full of meta-reads. It's usually where I'm strongest (that and vote analysis) - but as Awaclus likes to make note, it's a faulty system. "TownMeta!Mcmc" does not equal "Town!Mcmc", because it's exactly what "Scum!Mcmc" would be attempting to emulate. One could argue the fact that you're NOT acting like "TownMeta!Mcmc" might mean, in fact, that you're probably town because of the bolded part above. In the end, it's all just a rabbit hole of WIFOM.

So instead, for my read on you, focus less on the "He's not acting like I've seen town!Mcmc act". That's a bad line of reasoning. What I haven't liked from your play, particularly and solely relating to this game, is how loose your voting pattern has appeared. It's been very... "Where are others looking/voting/suspecting right now" - that is, it's felt like opportunistic voting, rather than based on your own personal reads.

Regarding Eevee:

I don't think I've ever, in over 30 games played with him, had a scum read on him. His posting style is always so upbeat and cheery that it's hard for me to think he could be up to nefarious deeds. In regards to the discussion on massclaiming, his being against it to begin with is more out-of-line for Eevee as I remember him than is his "Let's do it because it sounds fun". He definitely backpeddaled quickly and changed position on it.... but I don't see why scum would do so publicly and quickly - it's not as if there was an obvious shift in group opinion from the other people in the game that he would've felt he needed to gel with them.

Now, he IS being rather talkative overall (compared to how I recall him being), but that may be a bias I'm having due to the general lack of activity from everyone else. Eevee, as I've seen him as scum, tends to try harder than his normal town self. He comes across as forced because he wants to be read as town. This "try harder" attitude often manifests itself in a higher-than-average post count, as well as him town-reading everybody, not wanting to commit to scum reads because he's scared (maybe not the right word) of OMGUS and drawing attention to himself. He's hedgy as scum, and always, always, always (as is his nature) suuuuuuper polite and nice.

And of course, this all devolved back into a meta-analysis on Eevee, which, while perhaps useful, can also be completely worthless (as noted by the opening with regards to you). It's "good analysis based on a faulty system" - seems to be the best I can put it.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.