Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Game Over - Hobbits+Smeagol win!)  (Read 188809 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM10: LOTR2, Revenge of the Orcs! (Day 1 Begins!)
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2013, 09:58:25 am »

I don't agree with yuma and Archetype about TA acting paranoid, but I don't find them scummy either at this point.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2013, 10:01:20 am »

I'm noticing sudgy sheeping a lot, and I'm thinking that a reputation for sheeping is a pretty good cover for jumping on wagons in the hopes that they will grow.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2013, 10:17:47 am »

It's good cover, sure, but it's also a reputation because it happens even from town!sudgy (or at least that's the impression I'm getting).

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2013, 11:27:15 am »

/tag

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »

Also my TA vote was for the fact that he seemed overly worried about participating in yuma's plan/ruining the plan/what the plan was. It's jus an odd spot for town TA. So I voted, not for reactions but because it was my top scum read. Apologies for not explaining that then, I often have very little time to post and spend more time than I expect reading and then I don't have enough time to actually explain my post.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2013, 12:17:06 pm »

yuma, my vote was RVS, but TA is making some good points and am making me want to leave it there.

This is why I hate RVS. How in the world am I supposed to know if your vote was actually RVS, or if just now you decided that you should tell everyone it is because you realize that your vote on me wasn't actually for a good reason?

Here was Yuma's opinion on RVS in the Pirates came, when he was town. There, he sure was worrying about whether Archetype's vote was RVS or not, and he was town. So he should know that worrying about whether a RVS vote is joking or not is something that can come from a towny perspective.

This is a pretty noticeable difference from another game where Yuma was town.

PPE: My point was that Eevee's post was scummy if he actually meant it, and not scummy if it was a joke. So I asked him if it was a joke or not, since I was unclear. What's paranoid about that?

This looks almost set up its such a good catch, but I gotta go with the evidence, that's a pretty huge difference Yuma...vote: yuma
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2013, 12:18:13 pm »

yuma, my vote was RVS, but TA is making some good points and am making me want to leave it there.

This is why I hate RVS. How in the world am I supposed to know if your vote was actually RVS, or if just now you decided that you should tell everyone it is because you realize that your vote on me wasn't actually for a good reason?

Here was Yuma's opinion on RVS in the Pirates came, when he was town. There, he sure was worrying about whether Archetype's vote was RVS or not, and he was town. So he should know that worrying about whether a RVS vote is joking or not is something that can come from a towny perspective.

This is a pretty noticeable difference from another game where Yuma was town.

PPE: My point was that Eevee's post was scummy if he actually meant it, and not scummy if it was a joke. So I asked him if it was a joke or not, since I was unclear. What's paranoid about that?

This looks almost set up its such a good catch, but I gotta go with the evidence, that's a pretty huge difference Yuma...vote: yuma

read my rebuttle

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »

Yeaaaaa, I did, and I do think TA was acting paranoid, but I also think you are having a bit of a different opinion in this game due to the fact that it helps you make a case in TA, this is something I have said before that I believe you do as town.

vote: TwistedArcher

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2013, 12:34:35 pm »

Also my TA vote was for the fact that he seemed overly worried about participating in yuma's plan/ruining the plan/what the plan was. It's jus an odd spot for town TA. So I voted, not for reactions but because it was my top scum read. Apologies for not explaining that then, I often have very little time to post and spend more time than I expect reading and then I don't have enough time to actually explain my post.
oh okay. unvote

Hey guys!

I also have a plan. Not a very good one, but it may work. I'll see how things go.

I also like the Gollum theory. Maybe like a pseudo-Survivor that can change their alignment at one point? Or something. I don't know.

Does anyone think messengers are important? I got a description of mine and I don't know how big of a deal ashersky intended it to be.

I am intrigued.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2013, 01:09:26 pm »

I'll keep it hush-hush for now mail-mi. Spoiler: it's not anything ridiculous like MASSCLAIM NOAW!

Did anyone else just get the feeling of Mcmcsalot picking whichever side of the Yuma and TA debacle is the safest? He voted Yuma, and then immediately switched over to Twistedarcher when Yuma told him to read the entire argument (which he should before voting). I don't know if this is a valid scumtell or if it's just mcmc being like this, but I'll Vote:mcmcslaot for now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2013, 01:10:39 pm »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2013, 01:13:18 pm »

Yuma and TA debacle

debacle?
Do other people not use it as a synonym for a big argument?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2013, 01:16:15 pm »

Yuma and TA debacle

debacle?

No. I would call it a minor argument for start. A debacle to me is something that results in a disaster... lynched PR, cop claiming, two townies dead, 5 pages of the thread used up. This wasn't a debacle...

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2013, 01:17:56 pm »

Yuma and TA debacle

debacle?

No. I would call it a minor argument for start. A debacle to me is something that results in a disaster... lynched PR, cop claiming, two townies dead, 5 pages of the thread used up. This wasn't a debacle...
Call it what you want, but I think this is a bigger argument.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2013, 01:22:35 pm »

I agree that it's a small argument, and not a debacle (which to me is a synonym of disaster, not of argument), but it's really not worth arguing over.

I do agree with Archetype's point that it's odd that:
1) Mcmc voted Yuma based on the comparison I pulled up.
2) Yuma then pointed out his rebuttal
3)Mcmc acknowledged that he had already read it, but quickly changed his vote to TA

Basically, Mcmc voted Yuma, agreeing with my point, and having read the thread, and then changed his vote without any new arguments being made, but simply because Yuma said "Hey I made a rebuttal!"

Mcmc had admitted that he had already read it, so it's not like he read the rebuttal, and said "Yeah, I agree with that." I don't know why Mcmc suddenly changed sides, but Arch may be correct that he was simply trying to get on the "correct" side of the argument.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »

I'm thinking about it the other way around.  What Eevee said about a wagon not forming that fast on mafia could read either way to me, towny or scummy, whether it was a joke or he meant it.  The weird things to me are 1) his saying it at all.  He doesn't really need to justify unvoting himself, especially when his vote was a joke and the following votes were not.  And 2) his backing off from it and saying he didn't mean anything.  Maybe he didn't think through that by claiming town he was accusing Jimmmmm and yuma?  Is that plausible?
Well, I didn't realize my joke implicated having a real opinion on yuma and Jimmm, that's why I was quick to explain it was all just in jest. However, I did read Jimmm's and yuma's votes on me as continuing the joke, I'm sure they both realized I wasn't seriously suggesting lynching myself hence their policies of lynching such antitown players shouldn't really apply to me. I wanted to post something to help to kickstart the game, couldn't think of anything better and thought
that would be a funny way to show my opinion on rvs. I didn't want anyone to have any wrong ideas so I clarified after TA thought I was serious. That's all there is to it!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »

Vote: Mcmc

I absolutely agree with others that his backtracking there was scummy, and looked like a player searching for an excuse to have a vote down rather than voting for a good reason.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2013, 03:16:44 pm »

Just so you guys know, I don't usually sheep THIS much.  I've just been trying to get interactions going, and quickbuilding wagons is a good way to do that.

That said, Vote: mcmcsalot.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2013, 03:35:56 pm »

Just so you guys know, I don't usually sheep THIS much.  I've just been trying to get interactions going, and quickbuilding wagons is a good way to do that.

That said, Vote: mcmcsalot.

Do you think that Mcmc is scummy, or do you just want a wagon on him?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2013, 03:39:13 pm »

You needed to explain your sheeping?  Town oughtn't really need to explain their sheep, there was plenty of interaction there to read up on.  I was going to vote for mcmc myself, because his voting excuse thing (so yes, I would have been sheeping myself a bit, though I cam eot the conclusion before I read everybody's "because X" posts where we came to the same ideas), but this "Guys, look, I'm just trying to get reactions" thing?

vote: sudgy

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »

argh, it's "came to", not "cam eot".

Dammit work.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »

You needed to explain your sheeping?  Town oughtn't really need to explain their sheep, there was plenty of interaction there to read up on.  I was going to vote for mcmc myself, because his voting excuse thing (so yes, I would have been sheeping myself a bit, though I cam eot the conclusion before I read everybody's "because X" posts where we came to the same ideas), but this "Guys, look, I'm just trying to get reactions" thing?

This. vote: sudgy
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2013, 03:42:23 pm »

Yeah, I as well am confused as to whether Sudgy actually finds mcmc scummy or just wants to build a wagon on him to see what happens.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

People were getting suspicious of my sheeping, so I was explaining myself.  At the beginning of the game it's hard to get things going, so I was just trying to speed it along.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2013, 04:19:58 pm »

So do you find Mcmc scummy, or not?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.