Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 113569 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Day One is the Loneliest Day That You'll Ever Know
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2020, 03:59:32 pm »

vote: mix for saying not thinking things through is scummy. Spit balling is what town does. Throw out ideas and see what sticks. Scum thinks things through carefully because they know more.

The plan I thought cayvie had thought of was insanely bad to the point where cayvie would never say that if she was town, but could if she was scum because then she doesn't need to care if what she's saying makes sense or not.
But the point is exactly that scum needs to care way more about whether they're making sense than town.

+1. also MiX... your stream of nonsense posts is obviously off the top of your head. So if "town cares about being elegant and correct", then are you just soft claiming skum here?

What nonsense? I stand by the scumpoints I gave cayvie had I read her post correctly. I would do it again had I the option.

also is MiX trolling me or am I actually missing something in the set up? There cannot be a traitor in this game.. right?

I am, or I would've voted for you and then be voted for saying "traitor" in a traitor setup.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2020, 04:07:07 pm »

Fair enough.

I feel like your string of previous posts was very on the offensive, which for you checks out NAI. I don't agree with your logic, but again that checks out.

Just to clarify - do you think Cayvie's claim idea is good, or do you think organizing any claims is bad? or both I guess?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2020, 04:12:37 pm »

Fair enough.

I feel like your string of previous posts was very on the offensive, which for you checks out NAI. I don't agree with your logic, but again that checks out.

Just to clarify - do you think Cayvie's claim idea is good, or do you think organizing any claims is bad? or both I guess?

I think cayvie's idea is bad, but not scummy. Overall I like cayvie's effort as the plan looked very good on paper. I have no idea what that says about cayvie overall.

I was on the offensive because I was explaining my thought process. I changed my mind a lot so it's fair if someone wanted a clarification.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2020, 04:15:28 pm »

I'm against any D1 claims, but I can appreciate Cayvies creative idea for claiming.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2020, 04:26:19 pm »

also is MiX trolling me or am I actually missing something in the set up? There cannot be a traitor in this game.. right?

no actually every T that is rolled is a traitor, there can be six traitors :o

(no there's no traitors)

also i'm realizing i have a tendency to townread MiX regardless of alignment so i'm going to step back and recalibrate there :)
I'm against any D1 claims, but I can appreciate Cayvies creative idea for claiming.

i always got "most original!" and "most creative!" awards in elementary school

as an adult, i realize that those awards meant "didn't follow the instructions"
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2020, 04:34:28 pm »

also i'm realizing i have a tendency to townread MiX regardless of alignment so i'm going to step back and recalibrate there :)

Remember this when I flip town D1. This is towny by itself, however.

It also feels weird that you have a game where you were trying to reading me but I don't have one where I was trying to reading you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2020, 05:21:01 pm »

It also feels weird that you have a game where you were trying to reading me but I don't have one where I was trying to reading you.

man that's fatalistic

did you used to get mislynched a lot or something? i haven't seen it happen yet, yet here you are with like 2 votes on you.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2020, 05:22:34 pm »

man that's fatalistic

did you used to get mislynched a lot or something? i haven't seen it happen yet, yet here you are with like 2 votes on you.
2 votes is a bit much to be worried about flipping anything at all

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2020, 05:26:34 pm »

man that's fatalistic

I don't remember a town game in which I haven't had to fight a significant wagon on me, and I still haven't recovered from the L-2 quickhammer, so I'm a bit paranoid.

Besides, I like the drama. Living on the edge is how you're properly read, after all. I base a lot of my town play on "what would I absolutely hate to do as scum" and it pays off, I hate acting towny as scum because if it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2020, 05:30:41 pm »

man that's fatalistic

I don't remember a town game in which I haven't had to fight a significant wagon on me, and I still haven't recovered from the L-2 quickhammer, so I'm a bit paranoid.

Besides, I like the drama. Living on the edge is how you're properly read, after all. I base a lot of my town play on "what would I absolutely hate to do as scum" and it pays off, I hate acting towny as scum because if it.

This is all about day 1, by the way. Everything changes when the scum attack at night.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2020, 07:41:07 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

LaLight (2): Joseph2302, Dylan32
DatSwan (1): Xxraptorslayer96
Joseph2302 (1): LaLight
scolapasta (1): MiX
faust (2): cayvie, WestCoastDidds
cayvie (1): faust
MiX (1): yuma
Not Voting (3): shraeye, DatSwan, scolapasta

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day One ends at 8 pm forum time April 16th.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2020, 07:55:34 pm »

huh i see now (thanx swan) that every scenario where follow-the-cop (basically, a full cop and doc) is an option, then scum has a roleblocker and a strongman to bust thru that. so that's the one benefit i saw, and it doesn't work.

what about if instead of just claiming roles, everyone claims "I'm either VT or POWER ROLE"

does that help town at all? the main potential benefit of all this is to lock scum into their fakeclaims early, right? and i think this might do it without actually exposing our power roles.

i guess this could be bad for masons, if we have 'em.

anyway, vote: faust, where is that guy.
Follow the cop won't work, huh?

Well I'll test that. I'm a Cop

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2020, 08:05:51 pm »

huh i see now (thanx swan) that every scenario where follow-the-cop (basically, a full cop and doc) is an option, then scum has a roleblocker and a strongman to bust thru that. so that's the one benefit i saw, and it doesn't work.

what about if instead of just claiming roles, everyone claims "I'm either VT or POWER ROLE"

does that help town at all? the main potential benefit of all this is to lock scum into their fakeclaims early, right? and i think this might do it without actually exposing our power roles.

Fun! Let's follow you!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2020, 12:03:36 am »

could you elaborate on how in the bloody hell you see this playing out in a favorable way for town?
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2020, 02:14:39 am »

could you elaborate on how in the bloody hell you see this playing out in a favorable way for town?
Could you elaborate on how in the bloody hell you see shraeye answering that question playing out in a favorable way for town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2020, 02:17:19 am »

Oh. That is good.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2020, 03:06:17 am »

Could you elaborate on how in the bloody hell you see shraeye answering that question playing out in a favorable way for town?

I could. But also I admit I did not think the situation all the way through. Have now. Question is withdrawn, for now at least. Carry on.
real good. That’s how

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2020, 03:25:15 am »

i... think i kind of want to hug you right now. that's a really cool move, shraeye.

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2020, 05:17:38 am »

vote: DatSwan for his reaction
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2020, 07:30:07 am »

i... think i kind of want to hug you right now. that's a really cool move, shraeye.

It's a shraeye move, but not a town!shraeye move. I'm interested in seeing what happens, but I think it's scummy.

Prod: scolapasta, my scola vote is still perfect.

I agree with this the more I think about it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2020, 08:57:21 am »

Vote: shraeye
Don't see how it's a good town move right now
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2020, 10:55:56 am »

Vote: LaLight for their reaction
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2020, 11:03:53 am »

I will reiterate my vote on MiX

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2020, 11:23:22 am »

It's a shraeye move, but not a town!shraeye move. I'm interested in seeing what happens, but I think it's scummy.

Prod: scolapasta, my scola vote is still perfect.

I agree with this the more I think about it.

Prod sent
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2020, 11:38:30 am »

I will reiterate my vote on MiX

That's just a phase every newcomer has to come through if they get scum. I look like a D1 wagon, don't I? Well, I am, but good luck pushing it through without getting caught in the process.

What was scummy of my previous post?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.