Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 147608 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: July 07, 2021, 01:57:06 pm »

vote: math

gkrieg the hammer man.

Math, full claim. I'm the only person that can save you. Related: if anyone else can save math, don't, that's incredibly anti-town, as you can just tell me you're gonna do it and I'll do it for you.

I'm Hermes, a Number 8. This is why I want surprised when gkrieg said I'm a Cylon (but I was surprised that he has the same power I have, apparently). I tried googling, but found nothing.

I have the ability each night to investigate someone, as I have said. And I got a result of "Cylon" on Jack. So if Cylon is scum, then either gkrieg is lying or scum has the ability to frame someone. And if Cylon is scum, you need to get rid of Jack.

I also have a single shot power that relates to the Executive Order deck - somewhat similar to what Jack claimed, but not exactly the same. I don't fully trust MiX (which is a bit concerning since he's the only one that can save me now), so I won't provide full details about it.

Here's the good one... I was actually in a neighbourhood with ash the first day - it seemed like it was permanent for the game, but gone now obviously. (I didn't want to reveal this while already under suspicion, as I could see that immediately getting me voted out... guess it didn't help). He claimed he was a 3rd party Cylon with a wincon similar to a Survivor. He also alluded to the fact that the Cylons vote was from him at the start of N1. So to me, I think this means he wasn't a lone survivor, but maybe a faction with other player(s) in it? When the discussions happened D1 about scum possibly not having a normal kill, I questioned him, since he was self-proclaimed Cylon. He told me he didn't have any kill abilities, but I'm not sure if I believe that.

I think that's all I've got. Is that enough of a full claim for you, MiX? I'll answer any questions you have.

PPE 9!!
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 07, 2021, 01:58:26 pm »

I suggest trusting me right now.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 07, 2021, 02:04:24 pm »

I mean, do what you want with what you have and know, but I'm just going to throw it out there, if you overturn this exile and mathdude isn't actually town, my vote won't move off of you until one of us is out of the game or you are mod confirmed IC lol.

Ok, that's probably exaggeration, but you will end up being my top scumread by far. It would also be fun for ADK's way too early scumteam call of MiX and mathdude to be proven right.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 07, 2021, 02:04:47 pm »

Dylan, I understand your line of thought, but I have it on good word that math does have gkrieg's ability. So he's not faking that.

Don't fully trust me on this, but yeah. He probably just didn't copy that because the wording was too different.

This intrigues me. I wonder what this "good authority " is.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 07, 2021, 02:06:04 pm »

Dylan, I understand your line of thought, but I have it on good word that math does have gkrieg's ability. So he's not faking that.

Don't fully trust me on this, but yeah. He probably just didn't copy that because the wording was too different.

This intrigues me. I wonder what this "good authority " is.

"the person or ability he doesn't want to talk about"
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 07, 2021, 02:11:06 pm »

The fact that you can verify my role gives me a little more confidence.

I do want to be clear though that my role does not tell me I would find out if they are Cylon or not. It doesn't even give me that.
he/him

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 07, 2021, 02:20:58 pm »

There are certainly human-aligned #8s in the show, such as Athena, for what that's worth.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 07, 2021, 02:31:12 pm »

MiX, do you have the same passive power you had in S1? Is this from that? I mean, what else could it be?

If so, I wonder how precise your info is, or is it more generic like "different platers have the same (or similar) abilities" and your inferring its mathdude and gkrieg?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 07, 2021, 02:33:43 pm »

I mean, do what you want with what you have and know, but I'm just going to throw it out there, if you overturn this exile and mathdude isn't actually town, my vote won't move off of you until one of us is out of the game or you are mod confirmed IC lol.

Ok, that's probably exaggeration, but you will end up being my top scumread by far. It would also be fun for ADK's way too early scumteam call of MiX and mathdude to be proven right.

Lol. That is unfortunately fair. With great power comes great responsibility, after all.

MiX, do you have the same passive power you had in S1? Is this from that? I mean, what else could it be?

If so, I wonder how precise your info is, or is it more generic like "different platers have the same (or similar) abilities" and your inferring its mathdude and gkrieg?

I do not have the same passive power I had in S1. I wish.

I will not clarify this.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 07, 2021, 02:34:04 pm »

I really, really want to do the “we got scum” dance. Come on! Come on! Come on!

Also, I’m not going to appoint a successor, so if I get whacked, it will be a rando military.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 07, 2021, 02:34:38 pm »

I do want to be clear though that my role does not tell me I would find out if they are Cylon or not. It doesn't even give me that.

Alright: so in the end, it's not the same power as gkrieg's. But it is similar in outcome?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 07, 2021, 02:36:13 pm »

Mix, you’re being so evasive right now. I don’t get it, but I trust you. And I know that you are always opposed to revealing more rather than less.

PPE: what? That’s weird.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 07, 2021, 02:38:53 pm »

vote: math

gkrieg the hammer man.

Math, full claim. I'm the only person that can save you. Related: if anyone else can save math, don't, that's incredibly anti-town, as you can just tell me you're gonna do it and I'll do it for you.

I'm Hermes, a Number 8. This is why I want surprised when gkrieg said I'm a Cylon (but I was surprised that he has the same power I have, apparently). I tried googling, but found nothing.

I have the ability each night to investigate someone, as I have said. And I got a result of "Cylon" on Jack. So if Cylon is scum, then either gkrieg is lying or scum has the ability to frame someone. And if Cylon is scum, you need to get rid of Jack.

I also have a single shot power that relates to the Executive Order deck - somewhat similar to what Jack claimed, but not exactly the same. I don't fully trust MiX (which is a bit concerning since he's the only one that can save me now), so I won't provide full details about it.

Here's the good one... I was actually in a neighbourhood with ash the first day - it seemed like it was permanent for the game, but gone now obviously. (I didn't want to reveal this while already under suspicion, as I could see that immediately getting me voted out... guess it didn't help). He claimed he was a 3rd party Cylon with a wincon similar to a Survivor. He also alluded to the fact that the Cylons vote was from him at the start of N1. So to me, I think this means he wasn't a lone survivor, but maybe a faction with other player(s) in it? When the discussions happened D1 about scum possibly not having a normal kill, I questioned him, since he was self-proclaimed Cylon. He told me he didn't have any kill abilities, but I'm not sure if I believe that.

I think that's all I've got. Is that enough of a full claim for you, MiX? I'll answer any questions you have.

PPE 9!!

I'm not aware of any Hermes character from the show and googling didn't seem to help. Not sure why faust would make up a character, especially when in S1 I was a Cylon, I was just a # and no name (outside of my false claim). That said, I'm not sure what faking this gains mathdude.

I still don't believe that your PR wouldn't say anything at all about the type of result (it feels to me like doubling down on this, since it would now be hard for you to claim it told you Cylon or not like gkrieg).

And I'm not sure ash would out himself as a 3rd party in your QT. Wasn't he all about exiling confirmed third parties in S1?

My last question here I think is timeline? You said you had the neighborhood D1, but that ash said something about N1? How could he do that on D1? or am I misunderstanding your timeline here?

I'm guessing mathdude is another Cylon Extremist and maybe their win condition is something liek eliminate all humans (which would explain the utility of his PR to his win con)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 07, 2021, 02:39:45 pm »

Math, why didn't you claim the QT thing SoD2?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 07, 2021, 02:40:19 pm »

Alright: so in the end, it's not the same power as gkrieg's. But it is similar in outcome?

So which is it - you say they have the same power, mathdude says they don't?

Either you're misinterpreting your "good authority" or you're lying, or mathdude is.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 07, 2021, 02:41:33 pm »

So which is it - you say they have the same power, mathdude says they don't?

Either you're misinterpreting your "good authority" or you're lying, or mathdude is.

Sshhh wait for math to answer :P

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 07, 2021, 02:54:38 pm »

And I'm not sure ash would out himself as a 3rd party in your QT. Wasn't he all about exiling confirmed third parties in S1?

FOUND IT (emphasis mine):

Survivor won with mafia, as foretold.

Always, always, always exile claimed 3rd party immediately.

So, tell me again, how ash claimed 3rd party to you?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 07, 2021, 02:57:10 pm »

You want MiX to trust you, but you are still holding back part of your role, apparently. What is the relevance of you trusting him?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 07, 2021, 03:09:14 pm »

I’m certain that my role is not the same as math’s as he has most recently explained it. But this latest explanation seems different from previous ones.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 07, 2021, 03:19:09 pm »

FOUND IT (emphasis mine):

Survivor won with mafia, as foretold.

Always, always, always exile claimed 3rd party immediately.

So, tell me again, how ash claimed 3rd party to you?

I don't think ash believes that people will always always always exile claimed 3rd parties immediately. He just wishes that to be true.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 07, 2021, 03:23:47 pm »

Then why would he claim that in the qt??

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 07, 2021, 03:26:57 pm »

Day 2 Final Vote Count

mathdude (7): scolapasta, LaLight, Jack Rudd, Swowl, MiX, Dylan32, gkrieg13
Jack Rudd (4): Glooble, mathdude, WestCoastDidds, 2.71828.....
EFHW (1): Cylons
scolapasta (1): EFHW

Not Voting (0)

With 12 alive, it took 7 to exile. Twilight ends in about 7.5 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 07, 2021, 03:30:34 pm »

If I'm still alive tomorrow and get a "Human" result, then yes. Maybe my role does detect alignment though and Jack would be scum.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 07, 2021, 03:34:58 pm »

I'm not aware of any Hermes character from the show and googling didn't seem to help. Not sure why faust would make up a character, especially when in S1 I was a Cylon, I was just a # and no name (outside of my false claim). That said, I'm not sure what faking this gains mathdude.

I still don't believe that your PR wouldn't say anything at all about the type of result (it feels to me like doubling down on this, since it would now be hard for you to claim it told you Cylon or not like gkrieg).

My last question here I think is timeline? You said you had the neighborhood D1, but that ash said something about N1? How could he do that on D1? or am I misunderstanding your timeline here?

I'm guessing mathdude is another Cylon Extremist and maybe their win condition is something liek eliminate all humans (which would explain the utility of his PR to his win con)

You don't have to believe my PR gives no more info. I wish I had more to share so people could tell I'm telling the truth. But I'm not going to make stuff up to appease you.

Re: your timeline question... I mean the QT started at the start of D1. It's still there, it just says Ash can't post in it. This is why I assume it would have persisted through the game. It was still open at night.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 07, 2021, 03:40:47 pm »

Math, why didn't you claim the QT thing SoD2?

Same reason I didn't claim result on Jack SOD2... the moment I logged in, I was under fire from gkrieg's result on me, which we finally now are fairly certain only detects species. If I claimed result on Jack right away, it would probably have put me more under fire (and cop result of unknown value i would rather have waited another day or two to claim to try and figure it out).

So also if i mentioned a connection to ash right after it was said I'm a Cylon... I just didn't want to raise more alarms. I was hoping the result on me would blow over when it would be seen that it's likely just detecting species. In hindsight, maybe I should have shared this ash QT right away (I don't regret holding onto the Jack result... that was the right move).
he/him
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.