Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Golden Deck Dancing  (Read 916 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Golden Deck Dancing
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:11:47 pm »

Just played this interesting game where binder and I both played Golden Deck variants, getting them going at about the same time.
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201202/07/game-20120207-180252-2ddf408a.html
Key cards: Bishop, Remake, Hunting Party

On turn 12 there are 2 Provinces left and I'm 2 points behind. If I break PPR I'll lose by 2 points so I buy a Gold reasoning that if he breaks PPR I can use the extra points from trashing the Gold to overcome the 2 point deficit. He breaks PPR and I win on turn 13. However, if he had seen what I was doing and instead followed my lead and bought a Gold would we have been forced in a Golden Deck stalemate of sorts where we both just refuse to break PPR and let the other person win playing an incredibly long robotic game of gradually wearing down the Gold pile, then the Bank pile, then some other pile? Or is there some way out of this I'm not seeing?

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Deck Dancing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:12 pm »

I analyzed this very situation, probably incorrectly, in this topic: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1482.0

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Deck Dancing
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:43:35 pm »

Huh, so it basically comes down to whether there is an odd or even number of things to buy left. Still complicated to work out the math on the fly, and actually on this particular board we could have disrupted each others decks by buying Embassies as attacks, hoping the opponent will whiff on their Province buy, pretty risky, but it at least gives you a slight chance if you are in the losing position. This could also be done with a slightly higher likelihood of success with IGGs or Noble Brigands.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.