Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Flawless Town Win!)  (Read 64844 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia IV: A Veteran Battle of Wits (Day 1 has begun!) - PM for Spec
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »

Do you know what's more frustrating than being mislynched?

Being correctly lynched
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2012, 07:38:49 pm »

Can someone post count?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:14 pm »

@frisk

I don't even understand.  first, you say
Eevees frustration seems real, but that could be coaching from day chat.  If he's town, then I'm stuck with everyone else being scum.
then

Being correctly lynched
So first you are saying that eevee's frustration seems real (concluding implicitly that that's a town trait), but that he is likely being coached on how to sound natural in the scumchat.  But then you say that it's frustrating to be correctly lynched, implying that Eevee is now being correctly lynched and thus is genuinely frustrated.  So he's being coached on how to appear genuinely frustrated even though he is genuinely frustrated??

I really don't like the way you are talking right now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2012, 07:42:32 pm »

Vote Count 1.9:

NO CHANGE

Eevee (3, u3): Jimmmmm, Robz888, Captain_Frisk
SwitchedFromStarcraft (0, u2): Robz888, Insomniac
Galzria (2, u3): shraeye, Eevee, shraeye, Insomniac
Insomniac (1, u2): shraeye, SwitchedFromStarcraft
Robz888 (2, u2): Galzria, Eevee

Not voting (0):

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Friday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. forum time. -- That's in 78 minutes.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 16, 2012, 07:42:53 pm »

Way too much going on here... just a thought: is it fair to say that if Eevee isn't scum, then at least one of Robz and Frisk must be. If they were both Town, then the three scum could jump on Eevee and win the vote. Okay, so that doesn't tell us much, other than ruling out the trio {Insom, SFS, Galz}. Although I guess we can take this a step further and say that if Eevee isn't scum then BOTH Robz and Frisk must be, since if there were two other scum then they could lynch Eevee.

Is there a problem with my reasoning? Would the scum maybe rather lynch someone who has come under less suspicion than Eevee? Anyway, I'm going to stick with my vote and see what happens.

(Quick question: what's forum time? I thought it was the time that it says the posts happened, but that seems to be wrong.)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »

It's possible that I had some wine with dinner.

My realization regarding frustration was thinking about the last time I saw someone frustrated, which can not be discussed.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »

(Quick question: what's forum time? I thought it was the time that it says the posts happened, but that seems to be wrong.)

Forum time is equal to Eastern Time in the U.S.  It's the time that is in the timestamp in the posts.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:03 pm »

Jim that logic is flawed. Most votes will carry the day so scum don't need to swoop in to kill someone. Also, Doing so looks bad and could blow their cover. Also they could still wait for someone else to vote for e
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »

Being correctly lynched

M-XV would agree with you.

I don't know what else to say. Shraeye seems to think I'm not flipping out enough to be town, but it seems like the only thing that will convince him otherwise is seeing my town card revealed upon lynch.

I'm frustrated, but I'm also resigned. I've lost so very many games in a row recently, and it's not like my reads have been terrible, so on the one hand I can't believe nobody sees what I do (well, Eevee does), I just don't know how I can help town more in these games. My being lynched puts scum one more lynch from winning and I honestly feel Shraeye is not the person to be trusting. Remember Eevee's proposal? This is exactly why he was wrong. The IC's don't know that I'm town, therefore they are decidedly WORSE at finding scum than I am.

But what can I do? I would honestly be interested in hearing how I could better improve my ability to play town because I'm obviously doing something wrong, and have been for some time. It'll make good post game discussion at least.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:15 pm »

Way too much going on here... just a thought: is it fair to say that if Eevee isn't scum, then at least one of Robz and Frisk must be. If they were both Town, then the three scum could jump on Eevee and win the vote. Okay, so that doesn't tell us much, other than ruling out the trio {Insom, SFS, Galz}. Although I guess we can take this a step further and say that if Eevee isn't scum then BOTH Robz and Frisk must be, since if there were two other scum then they could lynch Eevee.

Is there a problem with my reasoning? Would the scum maybe rather lynch someone who has come under less suspicion than Eevee? Anyway, I'm going to stick with my vote and see what happens.

Forum time is eastern time.

It is not fair to say that if Eevee is town, then either robz or I must be scum. 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:24 pm »

Hey Jim, I'm glad you're back.  Firstly, I gotta beg you to take your vote off Eevee.

The reason mafia don't' need to swoop in and lynch Eevee is because when deadline hits the furthest ahead WILL be lynched, plurality voting and all.

If Eevee votes for Galz, then each of Eevee and Galz will be at 3 votes, 3 unique.  I think ashersky said it would be a coin flip then (or a day extension)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:41 pm »

Being correctly lynched

I don't know what else to say. Shraeye seems to think I'm not flipping out enough to be town, but it seems like the only thing that will convince him otherwise is seeing my town card revealed upon lynch.

I'm frustrated, but I'm also resigned. I've lost so very many games in a row recently, and it's not like my reads have been terrible, so on the one hand I can't believe nobody sees what I do (well, Eevee does), I just don't know how I can help town more in these games. My being lynched puts scum one more lynch from winning and I honestly feel Shraeye is not the person to be trusting. Remember Eevee's proposal? This is exactly why he was wrong. The IC's don't know that I'm town, therefore they are decidedly WORSE at finding scum than I am.

But what can I do? I would honestly be interested in hearing how I could better improve my ability to play town because I'm obviously doing something wrong, and have been for some time. It'll make good post game discussion at least.

Why are you resigned?  You aren't the leader, and if you buss/vote for Eevee, you probably won't be.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2012, 07:53:56 pm »

This is not exactly what I said, and I'm pretty sure you know that.  You are reacting in your own way, but the reactions don't seem genuine to me.  That's my argument.  Not flipping out=town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:26 pm »

I'm home now and will be online after the deadline which is in 61 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »

Day 1 ends Friday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. forum time. -- That's in 60 minutes.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2012, 08:00:20 pm »

I'm glad shraeye thinks I'm down.

Shraeye, I don't think Galzria is the best lynch for today, but I've read the last 8 hours of this thread drunk from mobile so obviously I'm not the greatest judge of that. Still, how do you feel of Robz? I'd actually like Insomniac, Frisk, SfS all better than Galz here. But obviously Galz rather than myself..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2012, 08:00:43 pm »

Being correctly lynched

Why are you resigned?  You aren't the leader, and if you buss/vote for Eevee, you probably won't be.

I won't vote for my biggest town read unless it's absolutely him or me. I still stand by my vote that Robz is scum, and I would think, or at least hope, that others would see why my case on him makes sense. It seems people seem perfectly ok with the idea of someone coming along and going "yep, he's town". I mean, seriously, go back and look at every single game ever played and find me a place where town did this. It's ridiculous.

Why am I resigned? Because I know who scum would rather see gone between me and Eevee. If Eevee's scum I guarantee I'll be the lynch, and if he's town then I simply can't imagine scum allowing him to get lynched over me (no offense Fuzzy).

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2012, 08:02:04 pm »

I really think that both eevee and galz may be both be scum here. 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

This is not exactly what I said, and I'm pretty sure you know that.  You are reacting in your own way, but the reactions don't seem genuine to me.  That's my argument.  Not flipping out=town.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. You're wrong. And  since I know that you're wrong about me then I feel like the likelihood that this town has any chance is pushing nill.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »

If I get lynched, here's my reads:

Absolutely scum, and has been all game: Robz
Probably scum by PoE: Frisk

Prob. town, and has been all game: Eevee

Lost in the middle: Insomniac/SFS

Mafia Record:

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:30 pm »

I won't vote for my biggest town read unless it's absolutely him or me. I still stand by my vote that Robz is scum, and I would think, or at least hope, that others would see why my case on him makes sense. It seems people seem perfectly ok with the idea of someone coming along and going "yep, he's town". I mean, seriously, go back and look at every single game ever played and find me a place where town did this. It's ridiculous.

Why am I resigned? Because I know who scum would rather see gone between me and Eevee. If Eevee's scum I guarantee I'll be the lynch, and if he's town then I simply can't imagine scum allowing him to get lynched over me (no offense Fuzzy).
I stand by my statement that Robz's "yep, town" action can definitely be done as town. 

You're sentiment regarding Eevee is that either he is town, in which case mafia wants to lynch you over Eevee; odd because I'm the only person yelling loudly for your lynch, and only SFS has followed me.
Or that Eevee is mafia and scum most definitely wants to lynch you.  Well, unless Robz/Frisk is your bet on town other than yourself, that makes no sense.  No, even IF Robz/Frisk/Galz is town team, it makes no sense.

An IC is the only person yelling for your lynch.  Only Insomniac has followed.  There two non-ICs voting for Eevee and they don't seem likely to switch.  Robz won't because he thinks your town, Frisk won't either for some reason.  Also SFS is not voting for you, nor is Eevee.  So I really don't understand why you're convinced that "scum want you dead"

Scum doesn't want you dead, the fact that hardly anyone is voting for you is evidence of that.  Now what sort of player do scum not want to die? Oh yeah, their scumbuddy.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:44 pm »

Quote from: me
dodgy reasoning

Yeah, I get it. I realised after I put it that jumping looks suspicious, and yes of course it's probably unnecessary. If it were to win the game, that might be a different story I suppose.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:51 pm »

Galz, explain why you would possibly allow yourself to be lynched instead of moving to eevee?  we still have 50 minutes.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:34 pm »

Small Edit to my most recent post.  In second paragraph I said SFS has followed me.  I meant Insomniac.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2012, 08:13:08 pm »

I stand by my statement that Robz's "yep, town" action can definitely be done as town. 

You're sentiment regarding Eevee is that either he is town, in which case mafia wants to lynch you over Eevee; odd because I'm the only person yelling loudly for your lynch, and only SFS has followed me.
Or that Eevee is mafia and scum most definitely wants to lynch you.  Well, unless Robz/Frisk is your bet on town other than yourself, that makes no sense.  No, even IF Robz/Frisk/Galz is town team, it makes no sense.

An IC is the only person yelling for your lynch.  Only Insomniac has followed.  There two non-ICs voting for Eevee and they don't seem likely to switch.  Robz won't because he thinks your town, Frisk won't either for some reason.  Also SFS is not voting for you, nor is Eevee.  So I really don't understand why you're convinced that "scum want you dead"

Scum doesn't want you dead, the fact that hardly anyone is voting for you is evidence of that.  Now what sort of player do scum not want to die? Oh yeah, their scumbuddy.

The same holds true of eevee except that i'm yelling, but its ok because I'm town.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.