Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All

Author Topic: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall  (Read 31385 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance: The Empire Must Fall
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2012, 12:55:38 pm »

I intend to vote against this team, because there is certainly at least 1 Spy on it.

Do you SEE how scummy eH has been? There is NO reason to push this through if you're Resistance and not on the team. He knows it's likely I'll decline, meaning I get control, and would propose:

WoG, Robz, Morgrim, and myself

This is a winning team (I believe), which would cause him a game over. By voting yes, he may reveal himself as a spy, but could still push the mission through for a Spy success.

I an voting No. I highly encourage WoG or Morgrim to do the same, preventing eH from being able to force a Spy mission victory.

I did not say I would actually vote yes.  I said I was tempted to, and that I would be OK with the team going if it was approved.  I expected it to be approved!  And it's OK if it fails, because we have 2 more shots after that.

Is it scummy to consider every possibility?  Really?  I don't know why you're so against us thinking through the situation.

FWIW, I don't think Galzria is a spy.  I can see him acting this way if the mission 2 team is all Resistance, in which case Robz and TINAS are the spies.  If that last mission had 2 spies, I can see Morgrim and WoG being the spies with each hoping that the other would throw sabotage. 

If it's a long con then I don't think Galz would be the spy either, since then his partner is either TINAS or Robz.  It's unlikely to be Robz since Galz is pushing for a team with both of them, and that would be especially risky for the Spies since the Resistance is up 2-0.  Galz-TINAS though... I still have a positive read on TINAS.  His logic has been excellent so far (you surely can't dispute that).  The only way I can see this happening -- TINAS proposes a team with Galz, which then gets shot down.  Galz proposes his team without TINAS, finally throws the sabotage, probably pins it on Robz and is clear to take mission 4 as well.  Then we no longer know who to trust.  That just seems rather unlikely to me, so I think Galz is clear but misguided and narrow-minded.

And since I do think you are town, I'd like to remind you that there is NO way I can force a team through.  You have No Confidence, remember?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »

And since I do think you are town, I'd like to remind you that there is NO way I can force a team through.  You have No Confidence, remember?

Where town == Resistance.  Too much Mafia lately.  :P

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2012, 12:59:32 pm »

Do we think Tables is the kind of guy who would give us all RO at the beginning just for the lolz?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2012, 01:03:47 pm »

Do we think Tables is the kind of guy who would give us all RO at the beginning just for the lolz?

Now that WOULD be entertaining, but I can't see him bastadizing the first game of forum Resistance.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »

I doubt it, especially since it's the first one, like Galz said.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2012, 01:16:19 pm »

eH, you entertain me. Your desperation to spread around suspicion is fun to watch.

I agree with the logic of TINAS's proposal post, but then, had he posted anything other than that it would have been pretty ridiculous.

You're right, you can't "force through" this round of voting because of my NC vote - something you've been trying and trying to get me to burn.

As for the rest of TINAS's play, well, no. I don't think it's been particularly trustworthy. In fact, it's been relatively non existent. I *love* how you still claim to have a strong town read on him, even if it means that WoG+Morgrim+TINAS+Myself = 4 RO, meaning you couldn't be. Amazing how those numbers add up. Ah, but that's right, you'de rather suspect someone off the team of 3 that just put the Resistance at win-1. Lulz.

There is only ONE thing that I'm considering as an option outside what I've posted, but I need to reread to decide on which is more likely.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:24 pm »

Err, "town read" = RO read.

Mafia Record:

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2012, 01:24:25 pm »

There is only ONE thing that I'm considering as an option outside what I've posted, but I need to reread to decide on which is more likely.

Well seeing as what you've posted has a 0% chance of being correct, I'd say the other is more likely. Seriously, don't let something that happened before the first mission even went ahead cause you to lose the game for us. I'm over it and I think you should start thinking about other things too. We need all 4 RO to vote yes to a mission for it to go ahead now. That includes you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »

Well seeing as what you've posted has a 0% chance of being correct, I'd say the other is more likely. Seriously, don't let something that happened before the first mission even went ahead cause you to lose the game for us. I'm over it and I think you should start thinking about other things too. We need all 4 RO to vote yes to a mission for it to go ahead now. That includes you.

Trust me, I am considering it. Strongly. I don't generally hold grudges (and certainly never do to a meta-game level), but I got such a BAD vibe early from you, it's tough.

I also recognize your playstyle is just that way sometimes (especially early in games), so... Yeah. I understand where you're coming from at this time though, and would NOT put a  WIFOM play out of eH's tactics.

So, considering. Considering.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »

Hmm, Morgrim, you vote first. For now, could you please vote Yes?

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2012, 01:45:20 pm »

eH, you entertain me. Your desperation to spread around suspicion is fun to watch.

I agree with the logic of TINAS's proposal post, but then, had he posted anything other than that it would have been pretty ridiculous.

You're right, you can't "force through" this round of voting because of my NC vote - something you've been trying and trying to get me to burn.

As for the rest of TINAS's play, well, no. I don't think it's been particularly trustworthy. In fact, it's been relatively non existent. I *love* how you still claim to have a strong town read on him, even if it means that WoG+Morgrim+TINAS+Myself = 4 RO, meaning you couldn't be. Amazing how those numbers add up. Ah, but that's right, you'de rather suspect someone off the team of 3 that just put the Resistance at win-1. Lulz.

Your numbers are off. I haven't given a pass to Morgrim or WoG.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »

Here I am guys. Will post in a munite. For now...let me review.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »

Ok, here I am. I approve, obviously.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »

Alright WoG, this question goes out to you:

For all the reasons I've posted since Mission 2 passed, I truly believe eH to be a spy. His partner is either Robz or TINAS. I had a spy read on TINAS most of the game, but I recognize that TINAS was just playing like TINAS, and probably spy hunting in his own best fashion.

This comes down to WIFOM. I thought eH had been supporting TINAS to strongly throughout the game, but that may have been simply to frame him, given my high level of suspicion. See, what I failed to notice was that the first three assignments in Mission 2 contained BOTH Robz and TINAS. Is eH a spy more likely to subtly (or not so much?) defend his teammate (TINAS), or use him to hide his teammate (Robz)?

I'm honestly not sure. eH played WIFOM well in Mafia 3 (I know you probably didn't follow that), and I really wouldn't put it past him here. Robz has been quiet enough most of the game, which is unusual for him. Although he hasn't played this game before, it's still unusual.

eH is  obviously in a bit of a panic right now. By pushing TINAS when he knew my distrust coming in, he could be trying to get me to vote down the Mission (or better, use my NC vote).

This is where the WIFOM play comes in. is he trying to get me to fail the mission, or is he trying to get us to pass it.

TINAS and Robz won't be much help here, as they'll both claim RO. I wanted Morgrim to vote yes so that we still have control and decision. Had he voted No, and if Robz is eH's partner, we would be unable to pass this assignment. Now we still have the option.

So, what're your thoughts? Was eH playing obvious with a TINAS partner all game, or was he setting him up to fail if one of the first three assignments on mission 2 passed?

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:53 pm »

Not a panic.  I'm asking you to keep an open mind when this mission fails, since it's obvious that I'm going to be left out now.  Luckily the Resistance is up 2-0 so we can take the hit.  I just don't want anyone to assume off the bat that the new addition is obviously the spy.  In retrospect I shouldn't have put forward those possibilities until after mission 3 was over.  Apologies if I have hurt the Resistance by losing trust.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2012, 11:15:30 pm »

Not sure if I should follow this up by jokingly saying yes or being a serious mod...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »

I think that TINAS is probably right that the last mission had either no spies or both spies. I know that I am a resistance operative and by TINAS's logic Morgrim is almost certainly not a spy (especially because he could choose his team as he wanted where we had to choose it) that means that Galzria is likely resistance, From my perspective we have to figure out which of TINAS,Robz,eHalycon is a spy.

My current read is that the spies are TINAS and eHalycon mainly because of eHalycon's posts. However Robz hasn't given me much to go on so I'm not so sure.

My main read on eHalycon being a spy:

I completely agree with this logic and would do the same thing in your position. However, I know for sure that a spy is on this team as I am not part of it. Still, I am tempted to vote yes because I think double spy is a very real possibility. In that case we should move quickly before a spy can subtly indicate something like "I'll sabotage, you pass".
That to me is a really scummy post, trying to get a vote to stop a spy from signalling while using the phrase "I'll sabotage, you pass" to me sounds like a total spy move.

Therefore I think that this team seems good, if it doesn't suceed I'll be reasonably certain that TINAS is a spy with my secondary suspicion on Galzria

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2012, 11:19:34 pm »

Not sure if I should follow this up by jokingly saying yes or being a serious mod...
Shouldn't there be a meme image in this post :0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2012, 11:45:04 pm »

I think that TINAS is probably right that the last mission had either no spies or both spies. I know that I am a resistance operative and by TINAS's logic Morgrim is almost certainly not a spy (especially because he could choose his team as he wanted where we had to choose it) that means that Galzria is likely resistance, From my perspective we have to figure out which of TINAS,Robz,eHalycon is a spy.

My current read is that the spies are TINAS and eHalycon mainly because of eHalycon's posts. However Robz hasn't given me much to go on so I'm not so sure.

My main read on eHalycon being a spy:

I completely agree with this logic and would do the same thing in your position. However, I know for sure that a spy is on this team as I am not part of it. Still, I am tempted to vote yes because I think double spy is a very real possibility. In that case we should move quickly before a spy can subtly indicate something like "I'll sabotage, you pass".
That to me is a really scummy post, trying to get a vote to stop a spy from signalling while using the phrase "I'll sabotage, you pass" to me sounds like a total spy move.

Therefore I think that this team seems good, if it doesn't suceed I'll be reasonably certain that TINAS is a spy with my secondary suspicion on Galzria

Oops.  That does read scummy on my part.  :-\

I think there is a bit of a flaw in this logic.  This applies to both Galz and WoG -- if you have any suspicion that there may have been two spies on the mission 2 team, then either you are both spies or Morgrim is.  As I've said, I can see spy Morgrim being crazy enough to put himself on a team with his partner.

When this mission fails, I would not automatically assume TINAS to be the spy.  I still see the possibility of double spy on the m-2 team, and unfortunately I've just given WoG the possibility of signalling by quoting me.  Such a mess.  We'll fix it on mission 4 though.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:02 am »

I don't get, nor buy, this whole "as Spy, you wouldn't choose your teammate for Mission 2". It's straight up WIFOM.

If a Mission falls, we can clearly not trust the three who went, so must start by choosing the three who did not go, for the next mission.

But only a great fool would think that a Spy would pair himself with his teammate, therefore one of the remaining three must actually be a spy, and therefore cannot be chosen.

However, nobody here is a great fool, so clearly a spy MIGHT have paired himself with his partner, therefore the three that didn't go are most likely RO.

But we all know that nobody here is a great fool  and I am not trusted by you, just as you are not trusted by me. So clearly one spy would've been left off.

... Etc.

I don't see why it was "no spy" or "both spy", and I don't see why (and this may be a failure I'm my understanding of the game) if both spies WERE on the team it would hurt them to both sabotage. Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but I thought votes were secret? So it either passes, or doesn't. Am I missing something?

Hum. Anyway, I actually don't think Morgrim is all that nutty. He was a bit pushed around in M-II, and yes, he self hammered, but it was his first game and he didn't know better. In M-III,, I don't blame him for hammering me at the deadline. I was all but lynched anyway. And here, I don't take issue with his voting pattern D1. It's something I, as a new player as well, considered.

That said, nothing he has EVER done strikes me as a gambling kind of man. I just don't see the long-con game. Not from him.

WoG could be playing a long-con game, but with the amount of suspicion generated by me with Mission 1 comment (about letting it get to Assignment 5)... Why? I would've been set up much too neatly to take the fall for Mission 2. It just doesn't make sense to me that he would've voted to pass it as a Spy.

So, I believe that whole team was RO. That leaves 2 of 3 as Spy's. If I vote this mission through and it fails, I know TINAS is a spy. Since I sincerely believe eH to be a spy, that means that even if you have suspicion of me still, and don't want me on Mission 4, I would be fine with being replaced by Robz on the 3 man team (Robz/Morgrim/WoG).

So, I will be approving this mission, and crossing my fingers.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2012, 01:18:55 am »

Galz, if both spies sabotage, it is revealed that two sabotages were thrown.  It hurts the spies a lot because it narrows down the suspected members to 2/3.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20:47 am »

Galz, if both spies sabotage, it is revealed that two sabotages were thrown.  It hurts the spies a lot because it narrows down the suspected members to 2/3.

I thought votes were secret on mission success/failure?

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2012, 01:22:20 am »

You don't know who voted what, but you know how many of each are made.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:33 am »

You don't know who voted what, but you know how many of each are made.

Ahh, I see. Looking back at the results posted on the first page, I understand. So for fear of double-saboteurs being revealed, they would both vote pass.

That makes sense now, although as stated, I do NOT see Morgrim as the kind of person who would play a long-con game like that, and I don't think he's all that crazy, so cannot see him putting himself in that situation by choosing WoG as his spy partner. So all the more reason I'm really confident that team was pure RO.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2012, 02:00:17 am »

So, I believe that whole team was RO. That leaves 2 of 3 as Spy's. If I vote this mission through and it fails, I know TINAS is a spy. Since I sincerely believe eH to be a spy, that means that even if you have suspicion of me still, and don't want me on Mission 4, I would be fine with being replaced by Robz on the 3 man team (Robz/Morgrim/WoG).

So, I will be approving this mission, and crossing my fingers.

Just going back a bit -- I don't think this is a good stance to take.  I trust you more than WoG or Morgrim.  Take this team now, and after it fails change it up, but don't leave both Morgrim and WoG on the team.  Maybe even take them both off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.