Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 171462 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Four)
« Reply #1225 on: December 02, 2019, 09:55:06 pm »

Galz, can you clarify your exact role?

shraeye/mail-mi, you can leg wrestle for who goes next.

No

And Mail-Mi should go next, not Shraeye.

I can go next.

I am the psychiatrist (can turn SKs into VTs). I targeted Joseph N1, bright N2, and raerae N3. This is why I have a slight town read on bright and why I chose not to lynch him yesterday because he shouldn't be SK anymore if he was SK. However I also feel like if he was SK he would have claimed to be vanillized yesterday so I'm not very sure.

Also I don't know if my action works, but my target will know if they become VT.

Why did you target those people?

Specifically me. You thought there was a Nymphomaniac Serial Killer on the loose?

More specifically, why not target EFHW?

Last night I picked someone at random cause I was out of ideas for who the sk could be. I had also forgotten you had claimed nymphomaniac.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 02, 2019, 10:02:07 pm »

So, you think it's A or B, but are leaning A. Even though it's a worse role choice (in your opinion) and I played A wrong (in your opinion).

To top it all off, you're prepared to be surprised, but still are ready to disbelieve whatever it is I say.
It's called being pleasantly surprised, the best type.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 02, 2019, 10:13:32 pm »

Last night I picked someone at random cause I was out of ideas for who the sk could be. I had also forgotten you had claimed nymphomaniac.
Wait, yeah, she was definitely Vanilla-ized, no one else claimed to be, at least. You basically tried to Vanilla-ize her again?

I mean, it was week before you gave the action where she claimed it, but you even participated in the discussion about it, at least at the tail end.
Your first post on Day 3 was:
I don’t think we should be voting for bright right now. I have reasons to believe that he is town. (I’m not 100% sure, but you know).

Meanwhile, I’ll join the vote: space wagon right now. Not a final vote but a good place for now.

No, there is some logic to it. A Vanilla-ized SK isn't the same thing as a Vanilla Townie, they'd still be in there own faction.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 02, 2019, 10:16:15 pm »

No

I can go next.

I am the psychiatrist (can turn SKs into VTs). I targeted Joseph N1, bright N2, and raerae N3. This is why I have a slight town read on bright and why I chose not to lynch him yesterday because he shouldn't be SK anymore if he was SK. However I also feel like if he was SK he would have claimed to be vanillized yesterday so I'm not very sure.

Also I don't know if my action works, but my target will know if they become VT.

Specifically me. You thought there was a Nymphomaniac Serial Killer on the loose?

But you voted for EFHW almost all day, didn't you?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 02, 2019, 10:24:35 pm »

No

I can go next.

But you voted for EFHW almost all day, didn't you?

That is true, but not because I thought she was SK. I thought Lalight actually had a result on EFHW, and I suspected her of being a WW but it turns out that was completely wrong.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: December 02, 2019, 10:26:07 pm »

Can you go further into that? What made you think LL had a result? What made you trust LL?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 02, 2019, 10:26:54 pm »

Alright, claimy claim.  No reason to hold off if Bright is already 150% committed to disbelieving me.

I am the Town Vig.  Shooty shooty bang bang.  Of course I pick that role given the option, 100% confidence shraeye will always pick the gun.  And always* shoots.  Even night 1.

I shot PPS night 1; he was the result of my random lynch generating machine (minus people who discarded scum roles)

I was going to shoot for Glooble's potential partners on night 2, but also wanted to shoot at MiX and Space. Wanted to reread to see which of those two was more likely Glooble-partner, and forgot to shoot in time.

I shot Didds night 3 (sorry!).  100% aiming for Space's partners, picked up on something EFHW said that made me cross her off my list.  Seems other shooters had the same idea.

My NK theory was: there have only ever been me, Werewolf, Mafia, Bright (SK) shooting.  All 4 night 1, missing 2 night 2 (I forgot and somebody shot SK-Bright, all 4 night 3.

But I haven't gone back to my drawing board after mail-mi's claim.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 02, 2019, 10:30:53 pm »

Galz, your turn.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 02, 2019, 10:34:46 pm »

I am the Town Vig.  Shooty shooty bang bang.  Of course I pick that role given the option, 100% confidence shraeye will always pick the gun.  And always* shoots.  Even night 1.
Yeah, so you would've stood a better chance if you claimed the PGO. "You've activated my trap card.", etc. etc.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 02, 2019, 10:35:44 pm »

We'll see though, gotta go through all your posts now. Great.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 02, 2019, 10:37:05 pm »

We'll see though, gotta go through all your posts now. Great.

You want to tell us what exactly about his claim isn't believable? Other than you never would have done anything he did?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 02, 2019, 10:38:56 pm »

Galz, your turn.

I don’t think I really need to, as most people know already, but I’m the Bloodhound. Not only do I despise Bodyguard, Bloodhound is simply the best investigative role in this setup.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 02, 2019, 10:42:40 pm »

Galz, your turn.

I don’t think I really need to, as most people know already, but I’m the Bloodhound. Not only do I despise Bodyguard, Bloodhound is simply the best investigative role in this setup.

It seems like everybody is one step ahead of me here, blame it on the baby brain or just my normal one, whatever works. I appreciate you claiming.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 02, 2019, 11:16:33 pm »

You want to tell us what exactly about his claim isn't believable? Other than you never would have done anything he did?
No, it's just because it's like the default Serial Killer claim.
But maybe yeah, even if I was a full Vigilante, I'd claim the moment I shot someone, just like I did in this game. Also I did do something different than them, I shot sudgy on Night 1 while they simply blind-fired. In fact the exact reason I did use my kill was because it wasn't a blind-fire!

@shraeye
Well first, picking Vigilante over Compulsive Child Killer is good. But so is picking a certain scum role over it too.

Here's the only time you commented on my role:
Going to invoke WIFOM on this one. But the thing is she picked one of the pretty terrible roles.
It isn't terrible.  In fact, it can act somewhat as a 1-shot vig...which is the role you thought was ok enough to pick.  So, why is 1-shot vig worth picking while nymphomaniac isn't? ?? ?
Not sure what that says, if anything.

And... there is actually surprisingly little to go on.

As for your claim:
I shot PPS night 1; he was the result of my random lynch generating machine (minus people who discarded scum roles)
But why shoot randomly? It's not like it was a Night start, there was a Day to go on. I picked sudgy because of his bad Miller claim, for instance.

I was going to shoot for Glooble's potential partners on night 2, but also wanted to shoot at MiX and Space. Wanted to reread to see which of those two was more likely Glooble-partner, and forgot to shoot in time.
But why these two? This seems like you are trying to pander to us. Remember, all you would've had to go on was Day 1, there was no faust reveal, and Space didn't even talk that much.

My NK theory was: there have only ever been me, Werewolf, Mafia, Bright (SK) shooting.  All 4 night 1, missing 2 night 2 (I forgot and somebody shot SK-Bright, all 4 night 3.

But I haven't gone back to my drawing board after mail-mi's claim.
But shouldn't you?
If I was Vanillaized on Night 2 by mail-mi, then there's no way I could've killed anyone on last night.
And if you think mail-mi is lying, then surely I'm not a Serial Killer at all, I'd be a WW or Mafia and in his faction. But then you can't point to me to explain last night 4th kill. So it'd be Alien's kill, Werewolf PGO, Parrot, etc.

Also why did you never shoot me?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 02, 2019, 11:18:16 pm »

Also why did you never shoot me?
Huh, all I actually had to do was post was this question.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 02, 2019, 11:26:42 pm »

Anybody else have questions or want to comment? I'm ready to vote.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 02, 2019, 11:34:36 pm »

Mod Question: If a Serial Killer is killed on the same night on which they are healed by a Psychiatrist, do they become Town before dying, or do they die as a Serial Killer and lose the game?

Based on my understanding of how actions are resolved, they would die as town. The order of operations only applies if actions conflict with or modify each other, which I do not think recruiting and killing do.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 02, 2019, 11:38:23 pm »

Anybody else have questions or want to comment? I'm ready to vote.
I'd still like to wait for Kernel to answer my question about SKs and Psychiatrists.
Although at this point I suspect that mail-mi will try and cure shraeye tonight. So shraeye might have an incentive (well, a better incentive) to shoot scum or maybe hold their fire. Depending on their bulletproof type, they may or may not tank the night kills, so maybe they won't come at all.
So with that in mind, shraeye is basically off the table for lynching today, speaking for myself here.

Eevee is likely the Mafia roleblocker, as I said before, I think we need to lynch them to make sure the above happens as planned.

So that still leaves "up to" 2 night kills (possibly 1 more Mafia, possibly 1 more WW) unaccounted for (as in, we don't know where they are headed). I'd imagine they would be headed Galz's way. With the roleblocker gone and Town looking optimistic, there's a big incentive to kill Galz.

Based on my understanding of how actions are resolved, they would die as town. The order of operations only applies if actions conflict with or modify each other, which I do not think recruiting and killing do.
Okay, that makes sense. How about it shraeye, come clean?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 02, 2019, 11:43:45 pm »

So shraeye's a serial killer? That doesn't fit with your previous suspicions.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 02, 2019, 11:44:24 pm »

So shraeye's a serial killer? That doesn't fit with your previous suspicions.
Er, what? Gimme some quotes here.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 02, 2019, 11:46:16 pm »

Bright, what is shraeye?
Well I'm putting myself out there by doing this, but:
They'll either claim to be the Town One-Shot PGO or the Town Vigilante. But I'm leaning PGO because it would paint less of a target on their back. Their clean explanation of the extra kill last night is one of the cops tried to investigate them, and were killed in the process.
Picking PGO over Compulsive Childkiller is an extremely dubious decision. And then to top it off, they didn't tell us about it. And to top it off even more, there is a Werewolf version of the role.

I'm prepared to be surprised though.

Why does Uncle get off easy because of Eevees claim?
Eevee is more likely to be scum, really. And I suspect Uncle is the Alien, who might or might not have already used their kill, less worrisome. All depends on how shraeye plays out I guess.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 02, 2019, 11:50:45 pm »

Bright, what is shraeye?
Well I'm putting myself out there by doing this, but:
They'll either claim to be the Town One-Shot PGO or the Town Vigilante. But I'm leaning PGO because it would paint less of a target on their back. Their clean explanation of the extra kill last night is one of the cops tried to investigate them, and were killed in the process.
Picking PGO over Compulsive Childkiller is an extremely dubious decision. And then to top it off, they didn't tell us about it. And to top it off even more, there is a Werewolf version of the role.

I'm prepared to be surprised though.

Why does Uncle get off easy because of Eevees claim?
Eevee is more likely to be scum, really. And I suspect Uncle is the Alien, who might or might not have already used their kill, less worrisome. All depends on how shraeye plays out I guess.
Oh, I see how you could think that.
That was me predicting their claim, not their actual role.
I suspected they were a SK the moment they posted this:
I have a different theory, it's cleaner, you'll hear it when you hear it, it's tied to my claim, which will probably happen this game-day

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 02, 2019, 11:57:17 pm »

How about it shraeye, come clean?
shraeye, you actually don't need to come clean at all, it'd be nice, but your likely to be cured no matter what is said or what happens. Just don't do anything too un-Town-y tonight and it'll be fine.

The only way it gets messy is if Eevee isn't actually the roleblocker. Then the roleblocker is free to target mail-mi, prevent the cure, and it all kinda falls apart. But maybe there will be another night to cure. Although maybe at that point you'd be convinced of your win as SK. Anyway, think it over.

Or you could actually really be a Vigilante, who magically didn't shoot me, in that case all is well, although I come off looking a little insane.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 03, 2019, 12:02:04 am »

Yeah, so you would've stood a better chance if you claimed the PGO. "You've activated my trap card.", etc. etc.

So why didn't they go with that?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 03, 2019, 12:05:17 am »

So why didn't they go with that?
Maybe they took the (seemingly) path of least resistance, I did head off the Town One-Shot PGO path. Who knows.

It all works out in the end because of this:
If they're a Vigilante, great. If they're a SK, let's hope we lynch the Roleblocker today, and at that point, it's also great.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 67  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.