Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 295124 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1225 on: February 07, 2019, 10:19:39 pm »

Vote Count 2.4
"There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers.” — William James

arishipshape (3): silverspawn, Uncleeurope, DatSwan
DatSwan (4): faust, EFHW, arishipshape, Joseph2302
mail-mi (1): DebatePro

Not Voting (3): raerae, shraeye, mail-mi

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends February 11, 2019, 05:00:00 pm
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 07, 2019, 10:30:52 pm »

Right, and DebatePro moved his vote.......I'm running out of popsicles.
Wait i moved my vote before popsicles were on the table. One could argue a popsicle sub-optimal desert, are they a good thing?  ???
FNG

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 07, 2019, 10:42:38 pm »

Right, and DebatePro moved his vote.......I'm running out of popsicles.
Wait i moved my vote before popsicles were on the table. One could argue a popsicle sub-optimal desert, are they a good thing?  ???

They are perfect at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a hot summer day.  They are complete garbage at 10pm on a February night.  Complete and utter garbage.  shraeye is useless at incentives.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 07, 2019, 11:33:04 pm »

So faust is voting me because I didn't answer something quick enough, EFHW is voting me because I made a "weak case" (no case on me just that I made a weak case), Ari is voting me because MiX skum read me and LL at the end of Day 1 so that means I obviously must be skum (sarcasm), and Joseph because... they find me skummy.

I am confused as to how my wagon has formed so quickly, and without real reason that has merit to it. I guess I will have to go back and try to approach things from a different angle as clearly no one is interested in EFHW right now.

Vote: Ari

Primarily because I don't really have much of an option here, but also because they are the wagon that was running prior to the weak ass one that currently sits on me.

booooo.

I think that's L-1, so triple booooo!  Seriously, first person to unvote gets a popsicle.  No need to force any claims right now.

That was not L-1
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1229 on: February 07, 2019, 11:43:16 pm »

I am not ignoring this - I am also not answering it now. A lot has happened between now and then and I think it is best to wait before my reasons are known.

I'm pretty sure we're over this whole "I'm keeping my reads secret for reasons I'm definitely never going discuss later."

Can you just answer this now?  Being coy just isn't becoming of anybody this late in the day.

Not being coy. You should worry less about the reason i found you skummy yesterday that has no effect on anyone right now - and focus on something potentially more relative to the current game state.

I will answer when i see a benefit to answering - sorry.
real good. That’s how

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: February 07, 2019, 11:48:57 pm »

I am not ignoring this - I am also not answering it now. A lot has happened between now and then and I think it is best to wait before my reasons are known.

I'm pretty sure we're over this whole "I'm keeping my reads secret for reasons I'm definitely never going discuss later."

Can you just answer this now?  Being coy just isn't becoming of anybody this late in the day.

Not being coy. You should worry less about the reason i found you skummy yesterday that has no effect on anyone right now - and focus on something potentially more relative to the current game state.

Honestly, don't give a single biscuit why you found me scummy.  I'm "worried" about why it's such a closely guarded secret.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 07, 2019, 11:58:39 pm »

beep beep, Mail-mi.

Whatchu got?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 08, 2019, 12:02:53 am »

Honestly, don't give a single biscuit why you found me scummy.  I'm "worried" about why it's such a closely guarded secret.

Not closely guarded at all - Gave literally exact peramaters at the time of where the content came from and then today have actually already essentially said the reason in my case against EFHW. It doesn’t even really matter i have kind of just been dragging it out because i wanted people to focus on EFHW.

Also idk why you would be worried about the reason as i am not pursuing the reason.
real good. That’s how

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 08, 2019, 12:06:58 am »

But by dragging it out, you've caused me (at least) to focus on you.  You delaying is not making me focus on EFHW.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 08, 2019, 12:07:50 am »

beep beep, Mail-mi.

Whatchu got?

just finished my paper, gonna read day 2 now
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 08, 2019, 12:10:52 am »

Not closely guarded at all - Gave literally exact peramaters at the time of where the content came from and then today have actually already essentially said the reason in my case against EFHW. It doesn’t even really matter i have kind of just been dragging it out because i wanted people to focus on EFHW.

Also idk why you would be worried about the reason as i am not pursuing the reason.

Sorry, let me try this again with a little less sass.

I want you to have to defend that opinion.  I want to know your thought-process.  I want town to be able to see if you're just making stuff up or if you're seeing something the rest of us aren't.  The fact that you won't give a reason for a read (whether it be on me or anybody else) sounds more and more like you can't give a reason.  On top of that, you've now been asked by at least two different people to explain it so it isn't just me who's curious.  Pressure doesn't stop just because you decided not to pursue me for now.   And last but not least, those "exact perimeters" were "the last page and a half."  You never got more specific than that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 08, 2019, 12:20:52 am »

I don't like debatepro's start of day 1 post. It seems faked. Town!Shraeye (at the time we didn't know he was the mason) could have pushed a lynch on MiX as easily as scum!shraeye. And it seems like earlyday2!Eddie agrees with me.

I also don't like his imagined conversation with his "ExperiencedScumBuddy." Seems forced.

I also don't like the feel of faust's posts. They seem...empty. Like, they say just enough to contribute to the conversation, but no more than that. IDK, most of my reads usually come from feelings rather than solid evidence (I also like solving setups better than reads, FWIW). This combined with his philosophical ramblings at the beginning of the game increase my scumread on him.

I don't like wall posts, so I'm gonna post this in chunks. (I'll probably be ignoring posts in between these).
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 08, 2019, 12:33:04 am »

I like silverspawn's case on Ari, and I like less his defense of said case. Scum points for him.

faust is (IIRC) usually one to like giving and receiving lots of information, and he isn't really doing that this game. It's just weird, not sure if it's towny or scummy. Slightly scummy, I guess.

It seems like I agree with joseph on debatepro being scummy. What about efhw and faust, Joseph? I'm not sure about efhw and I'm wary of faust.

raerae being so concerned about reasons is towny. I feel like scum!raerae would get more worried about the actual votes, not just the reasons thereof (if that makes any sense. It does in my head).

I like datswan's points about EFHW and her voting paterns. My current lynch pool for today still mostly consists of faust, debatepro, and EFHW. We'll see how that changes as this progresses.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 08, 2019, 12:44:50 am »

I continue to find faust's posts scummy. For now I'm gonna throw down a vote: faust and see where the rest of this read takes me

responding to debatepro in #1105, I liked it, and I have a scumread on efhw.

@mail-mi, thoughts on Joseph, Debate, and silver?

currently, Joseph is decidedly null. He's in a might-maybe-would lynch category, since he hasn't seemed to be contributing much (the pot calling the kettle black unfortunately) but he also seems to be playing in line with his meta.

I currently scumread debate, as has been pointed out in this series of posts

Silver... I get a towny vibe from him. Not anything too strong, but I wouldn't lynch him today.

out of curiosity, datswan, are you actually 96? That's awesome if so

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:39 am »

I actually like efhw's response to datswan's post. Townread on her increases. Also just because someone makes a terrible case doesn't make them scum (I make only terrible cases, as town or scum). I still don't think datswan is too scummy.

I don't like ari's reliance on MiX's reads for reasons for his reads. It's almost as if scum!ari is saying "Look, this confirmed townie agreed with me, I must be town!" Just because MiX is conf!town now doesn't mean his reads are any better than the rest of us town's reads, especially since they were from a Vanilla townie with no info on day 1.

debatepro, why are you voting for me? "Because he thinks I'm a great person" is about the most unreasonable reason you can give.

ok, I read all of day two.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 08, 2019, 12:56:58 am »

Alright so here is a current reads list following my read:

Scum:
faust
Debatepro
ariship

Slight scum:
Datswan
EFHW

Null:
Joseph
Eddie

Slight town:
raerae
silverspawn

Conf!town:
shraeye
mail-mi

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 08, 2019, 01:05:28 am »

So faust is voting me because I didn't answer something quick enough,
And now there is a second question that you refuse to answer.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 08, 2019, 01:07:20 am »

Let's pump those breaks and wait for shraeye, team, we don't need a lunch before he gets back.
We also don't need to wait and do nothing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 08, 2019, 01:16:35 am »

I also don't like the feel of faust's posts. They seem...empty.
Give an example.

faust is (IIRC) usually one to like giving and receiving lots of information, and he isn't really doing that this game. It's just weird, not sure if it's towny or scummy. Slightly scummy, I guess.
I'm not usually in the business of handing out all my information. If you want to complain about me not receiving it, vote DatSwan, he's the guy who refuses to answer 2 of my questions.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 08, 2019, 01:20:27 am »

I continue to find faust's posts scummy. For now I'm gonna throw down a vote: faust and see where the rest of this read takes me

responding to debatepro in #1105, I liked it, and I have a scumread on efhw.

@mail-mi, thoughts on Joseph, Debate, and silver?

currently, Joseph is decidedly null. He's in a might-maybe-would lynch category, since he hasn't seemed to be contributing much (the pot calling the kettle black unfortunately) but he also seems to be playing in line with his meta.

I currently scumread debate, as has been pointed out in this series of posts

Silver... I get a towny vibe from him. Not anything too strong, but I wouldn't lynch him today.

out of curiosity, datswan, are you actually 96? That's awesome if so

No - i am not 96 that was meant as a joke
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: February 08, 2019, 01:21:18 am »

Alright so here is a current reads list following my read:

Scum:
faust
Debatepro
ariship

Slight scum:
Datswan
EFHW

Null:
Joseph
Eddie

Slight town:
raerae
silverspawn

Conf!town:
shraeye
mail-mi
I dislike this reads list.

- lists both current wagons as scum but mail-mi votes somewhere else. That's like, trying to keep your options open while at the same time hoping that a wagon goes through without you joining it. Also, literally everyone who ever got a vote today is listed as scummy I think. Talk about opportunistic.
- there are no townreads. Seriously. 5 people are scum or slight scum, but the only townreads are 2 in a "slight town" category. The majority of people here are town, you should have more townreads.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:02 am »

What would that second one be again? I have been so wrapped up in refusing to answer the first one.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 08, 2019, 01:29:15 am »

What would that second one be again? I have been so wrapped up in refusing to answer the first one.

By the way Swan, can you explain how this:

I will be here at the deadline tomorrow
Same I think

Ditto I’m around.

fits in with the fact that you did not post in the 24 hours leading up to the deadline?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 08, 2019, 01:34:55 am »

To be fair to mail-mi, my reads have a sparce amount of “leans town” as well.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 08, 2019, 01:39:55 am »

I also don't like the feel of faust's posts. They seem...empty.
Give an example.

I'm not usually in the business of handing out all my information. If you want to complain about me not receiving it, vote DatSwan, he's the guy who refuses to answer 2 of my questions.

i can. In fact, this one here is an example. You're saying stuff, that stuff isn't saying a lot. It's hard to write exactly what I'm feeling.

Also I know no one should hand out all their information, but you seem to be handing out very little, just reacting to others when they say stuff.

Ah, I figured out how to explain myself! Your posts are very reactionary, and it doesn't seem like you have done a lot of really proactive things this game. That's different than the town!faust I remember.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.