Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 295118 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1100 on: February 05, 2019, 01:06:49 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

arishipshape (3): silverspawn, faust, Uncleeurope
Debatepro (1): Joseph2302
EFHW (1): DatSwan
Uncleeurope (1) shraeye

Not Voting (5): mail-mi, arishipshape, EFHW, raerae, Debatepro

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends February 11, 2019, 05:00:00 pm
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:59:15 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 05, 2019, 01:18:47 pm »

I'm also not sure that I agree both wagons being town means that not all scum is on them. Particularly if the third wagon (raerae) is also town
So you are saying that scum is more likely to be on the raerae wagon if raerae is scum?

*scratches head* no, actually. I think I don't agree with the argument either way. You were the one who postulated that town wagon -> scum off wagon
Why aren't you challenging faust's distortion of what you said?

What's your implication, EFHW?
Scum can tend to  be more agreeable than town. Forgot about silver and faust's penchant for turning things around that way.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 05, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »

You picking up what I'm putting down, faust? other people?  This is my not-black-and-white opinion about faust's not-black-and-white opinion.
I don't think I would have posted my opinions on raerae usually because they're still vague. I just said it because you asked. I'd think that, as scum, I would try to take a more black-and-white approach, especially since I pushed raerae D1. But of course WIFOM and maybe not.

While that post might not be my towniest ever, I think my play at the end of D1 is quite decent evidence for me being town. There is no real incentive for scum!me to hammer MiX there.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 05, 2019, 03:01:15 pm »

You picking up what I'm putting down, faust? other people?  This is my not-black-and-white opinion about faust's not-black-and-white opinion.
I don't think I would have posted my opinions on raerae usually because they're still vague. I just said it because you asked.

Yup, this is also in my head.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 05, 2019, 04:50:29 pm »

unvote

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 05, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »

@Ari, @RaeRay, @Mail-Mi, & @Joseph what do you think of DatSwan’s analysis and conclusions in posts #1042-#1045?

FNG

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 05, 2019, 08:24:59 pm »

*crickets*

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 05, 2019, 11:09:06 pm »

@Ari, @RaeRay, @Mail-Mi, & @Joseph what do you think of DatSwan’s analysis and conclusions in posts #1042-#1045?

I LOVE that DS has actually given reasons for voting.  On the other hand, I don't love that he's tied me with his biggest scumread.  I'm not 100% buying the case itself because it seems to hinge on EFHW being on and off MiX's wagon before deadline and I don't think that's terrible scummy.  If she'd known she wouldn't be around for deadline and flopped off the wagon after saying we needed to make a call then I'd be more inclined to agree but since she was around the whole time it's not that gross from my perspective.  The other thing that makes it iffy for me is that DS has essentially given faust a pass for the same thing he's on EFHW for so that's not great.  Specifically this...
- Faust votes EFHW (Mix) - can't really blame him. First off, I obviously am making a case on EFHW, so I get that. But also, I do not think skum!faust would leave the MiX wagon at this point in the day just to come back and hammer.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:03 pm »

@mail-mi, thoughts on Joseph, Debate, and silver?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1109 on: February 05, 2019, 11:53:00 pm »

This is a pretty interesting vote count. Right before LaLight's claim.

Vote Count 1.10

LaLight (4): silverspawn, EFHW, mail-mi, MiX
MiX (4): Debatepro, shraeye, arishipshape, raerae
raerae (3): Joseph2302, faust, DatSwan
mail-mi (1): LaLight
arishipshape (1): Uncleeurope

So, we do have 2 wagons on town here. It is somewhat doubtful that all scums would be spread across these wagons. That implies that there's a scum (and possibly even more than one) in {Joseph, DatSwan, Eddie}. Which is... unfortunate, as I have this noted as a pretty townie set of players. I think I want to reexamine DatSwan.

I hate saying this because I am a part of the pool - but this is a good point. It should also include you, faust, from an outside perspective. But it still is a good point.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 06, 2019, 12:11:44 am »

I LOVE that DS has actually given reasons for voting.  On the other hand, I don't love that he's tied me with his biggest scumread.  I'm not 100% buying the case itself because it seems to hinge on EFHW being on and off MiX's wagon before deadline and I don't think that's terrible scummy.  If she'd known she wouldn't be around for deadline and flopped off the wagon after saying we needed to make a call then I'd be more inclined to agree but since she was around the whole time it's not that gross from my perspective.  The other thing that makes it iffy for me is that DS has essentially given faust a pass for the same thing he's on EFHW for so that's not great.  Specifically this...
- Faust votes EFHW (Mix) - can't really blame him. First off, I obviously am making a case on EFHW, so I get that. But also, I do not think skum!faust would leave the MiX wagon at this point in the day just to come back and hammer.

just to elaborate on the specificity of the difference between EFHW and Faust in regards to this point - it is the hammer thing. I do not believe that "insert assumed skumster here" would leave the lead wagon in that fashion to simply then come back and be the hammer. If it was the other way around, I would be viewing it differently, but that is how it went down.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 06, 2019, 12:13:53 am »

I'm also not sure that I agree both wagons being town means that not all scum is on them. Particularly if the third wagon (raerae) is also town

I mean obviously we would all agree with this assumption (at least I think). The premise being discussed is that Rae (in some opinions) was the skummiest of the wagon options.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 06, 2019, 12:14:40 am »

Also - FWIW you are not my tied skum read. EFHW->Ari->Rae is where I currently stand.
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 06, 2019, 02:11:05 am »

i am honestly barely keeping up right now, I'm currently drowning in homework and overscheduling. I don't like debate too much, ari seems a little fake, silver i've got nothing on, and joseph is joseph. Those are just off the top of my head. I don't know when I'll be able to get into this game, but I hope it'll be soon.

Also I don't have a scum read on you anymore. You seem like your town self.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 06, 2019, 02:11:45 am »

i am honestly barely keeping up right now, I'm currently drowning in homework and overscheduling. I don't like debate too much, ari seems a little fake, silver i've got nothing on, and joseph is joseph. Those are just off the top of my head. I don't know when I'll be able to get into this game, but I hope it'll be soon.

Also I don't have a scum read on you anymore. You seem like your town self.

i mean this as in "off the top of my head I think debate is scummy". I actually do like debate and think (s)he is a great person
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 06, 2019, 04:06:46 am »

Vote Count 2.2
[image]

arishipshape (3): silverspawn, faust, Uncleeurope
Debatepro (1): Joseph2302
EFHW (1): DatSwan
Uncleeurope (1) shraeye

Not Voting (5): Dylan32, arishipshape, EFHW, raerae, Debatepro

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends February 11, 2019, 05:00:00 pm

Could you switch out Dylan by mail-mi here? I am always confused when I look at this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 06, 2019, 04:11:54 am »

It is notable that the largest portion of MiX's core wagon yesterday - Debatepro, raerae, ari (and also recently shraeye, but he just unvoted) - are all not voting. I would really like to see them push someone other than MiX at some point in this game. The lack of voting so far is stalling the game.

EFHW, who is your top scumread?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 06, 2019, 06:26:20 am »

It is notable that the largest portion of MiX's core wagon yesterday - Debatepro, raerae, ari (and also recently shraeye, but he just unvoted) - are all not voting. I would really like to see them push someone other than MiX at some point in this game. The lack of voting so far is stalling the game.

Maybe it's because they're scum and haven't decided which mislynch wagon to create/join yet?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 06, 2019, 07:30:19 am »

Maybe it's because they're scum and haven't decided which mislynch wagon to create/join yet?

I moved to unvote bc clearly the shraeye vote was a blunder?? The most compelling cases to me right now are Ari bc I thought the EOD shenanigans was suspect also (+ss's vote) and EFHW. I want to read EFHW's defense against the DatSwan's case because it seemed compelling. If forced to pick right now, i'd pick one of those two.
FNG

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 06, 2019, 08:57:19 am »

The lack of voting so far is stalling the game.
Definitely; that's literally the only reason I voted for UncleEurope.  I'm actually fairly sure he's town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 06, 2019, 09:12:27 am »

I moved to unvote bc clearly the shraeye vote was a blunder?? The most compelling cases to me right now are Ari bc I thought the EOD shenanigans was suspect also (+ss's vote) and EFHW. I want to read EFHW's defense against the DatSwan's case because it seemed compelling. If forced to pick right now, i'd pick one of those two.
This is me forcing you to pick.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 06, 2019, 09:23:16 am »

DatSwan

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 06, 2019, 09:43:39 am »

This is me forcing you to pick.

Totally upfront, I had lots of responses to your "nudge" queued up, but they are mostly the a$$h0l3 ego in my head, so I'm going to let them float away.

EFHW has not responded and she said she would, the more time that goes on with out adequately refuting such a thorough case, the more problematic it becomes in my eyes.

Right now the player I trust the most is SS. Vote: Arishipshape

FNG

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 06, 2019, 10:14:26 am »

I mean obviously we would all agree with this assumption (at least I think). The premise being discussed is that Rae (in some opinions) was the skummiest of the wagon options.
I have no idea what this means, but it certainly has nothing to do with the point I was making.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1124 on: February 06, 2019, 10:43:30 am »

DatSwan, could you please explain the thought process that led you from here:

3) raerae (no shuffle ID, so IDK, but they have decent content): All in all just too damn paranoid for me to consider as a lynch rn. I am a pretty strong town read on them as of current.. they check all the correct boxes. 1) Frustrated with their wagon (not skummy, no matter what people have said), 2) faust pissing them off (townX1000), 3) They continue to attempt to open new venues of conversation, which is the easiest form of skum hunting in early days to avoid... so skum tends to you know... avoid it.

to here:

Well i have changed my mind about preferred lynch based on the last page and a half:

Vote:RaeRae
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.