Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 295121 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: January 31, 2019, 01:38:15 am »

So for fun let's look at the two biggest wagons.  Obviously these aren't the only lunch options but we need to start narrowing this down.
 Cases boiled down below, if I've totally misread something please feel free to correct.

On MiX: Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, arishipshape

Debatepro: voted MiX on #71, hasn't moved since, doesn't like the types of questions MiX is asking, sees MiX as trying to throw suspicion on nearly everybody else, some of this reads like confirmation bias but some seems legit, doesn't read scum to me
shraeye: voted MiX on #111, case is for calling out some people and not other, being both worried and not worried about votes on him, also mimicking "town" behavior as described by ss
ari: first voted in #51 for RVS, voted again in #81 for buddying and later for being cool w/being at L-2, unvoted at #156, voted again sometime (there were a bunch of votes and unvotes) this time for buddying and painting ari as defensive, seems too impulsive to be scum
rae: case and final vote is #329, shows knowledge of shraeye's intent pre-game

On me: LaLight, Joseph2302, mail-mi

LaLight: voted #333 for asking questions and doing no scumhunting, has not expanded since
Joseph & mail-mi: no explanation
Vote: raerae
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 31, 2019, 01:41:42 am »

I think the wagon on me is the scummiest since none of them have given reason for voting for me.
Why is not giving reasons scummy? Also have you given any reasons why people should not be voting for you?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:50 am »

Giving passes for activity is NOT a good idea.  It's the flipside of lynching somebody for not being around.  Dislike.
Who is this respnding to? Are you under the impression that anyone is giviing MiX an activity pass? Because I didn't see anything like that.
Literally responding to you

I will not accept being the mislynch: I am very easily the most active player in the entire game, removing me from the game now is the biggest mistake town could make.
Seconded. Scum loves all this attention on MiX.
I am not giving MiX an activity pass. I am merely saying that if MiX is town, which should still be more likely for everyone involved, then scum is very happy to not have the attention shift elsewhere.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 31, 2019, 01:45:21 am »

I will be here at the deadline tomorrow
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 31, 2019, 01:50:04 am »

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but is there any advantage to going to the end of d1 with a no lynch, especially when there isn't enough of a consensus? I mean i'd rather come out of N1 3v12 then 3v11.

Is the value of not accidentally lynching a towny worth the information gained in after the n1 kill?

Nope. I mean that is just my opinion, but ththere is typically more reread material generated on on Day 1 than any other day. So, you can look at it from two different povs as i see it that argue for not ever doing no lynch:
1) The negative effect it has on the ability to solve the puzzle works very much against us. Assuming your concept of a town lynch and a town death at night - we would come into D2 as 3V8. So, we are looking for 3 Skum out of 11 total. If you remove the only person you know to be town (which is of course from any town POV - yourself), then you are searching for 3 skum out of a pool of 10 other players. If we do not lynch day one and a town dies at night, by the same logic any given town would be looking for 3 skum out of 11other players. So we are choosing based on a margin of difference of like 3%. So the question comes down to “how valuable is leaving one player alive to us tomorrow (that we don’t even know is town) for that 3% margin vs how much would a town flip help you find skum tomorrow?” I think a flip helps us way way way more than 3%, so i do not like day 1 no lynch.

2) the quantifying effect is greater the earlier day we no lynch. Meaning we don’t just not get the info on someone tomorrow... but we get one less flip info everyday for the rest of the game

3) also to the point of choosing when we want odd and even amount of people in the game... the more people there are alive the less relevant it becomes... so today is the worst by that too.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 31, 2019, 01:51:41 am »

Kid woke up mid-post so I kind of had to rush that.  We've got 7 people on those two wagons, while it's possible that all seven of them are town, that just seems unlikely.  Basically I'm trying to narrow the field here.  I think the wagon on me is the scummiest since none of them have given reason for voting for me.  I'm going to vote: mail-mi, he's not giving reasons AND he knows my play.  I'm less cool with a LL lynch simply because you're advocating it, no offense, just can't vote at the recommendation of somebody I think is scummy.

Why leave a wagon of someone you think is skummy to join Wagon of one other person (who i think you also think is skummy)?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 31, 2019, 01:52:22 am »

i think I know mail-mi better than sheeping EFHW into voting me

vote: mail-mi

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 31, 2019, 01:53:24 am »

and yeah, I am not sure I remember vividly mail-mi playstyle, but he looks very different from what i remember him being town

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 31, 2019, 02:28:34 am »

I think the wagon on me is the scummiest since none of them have given reason for voting for me.
Why is not giving reasons scummy? Also have you given any reasons why people should not be voting for you?
Faust, the voice of reason
I agree that people don't seem scummy for just voting rae
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 31, 2019, 02:28:58 am »

I will be here at the deadline tomorrow
Same I think
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2019, 02:32:20 am »

Faust, the voice of reason
I agree that people don't seem scummy for just voting rae

I’ll argue with that - one person placing s vote with no reason is one thing. If there was an entire wagon at this stage in day with no reasons given at all - i would find that worth an eyebrow raise.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:13 am »

real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2019, 02:50:31 am »

and yeah, I am not sure I remember vividly mail-mi playstyle, but he looks very different from what i remember him being town

also, quite frankly, I don't like day 1 very much and I'm a little bit more invested in the other game I'm in right now.

I will do my best to be more active and contributing day 2, buy my schedule only continues to tighten and get more busy (I suppose that's life).
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2019, 02:52:06 am »

i think I know mail-mi better than sheeping EFHW into voting me

vote: mail-mi

also, old!highschool!mail-mi was very sheepish as town, which got me mislynched several times. New!college!mail-mi tries to be less sheepy and provide more content, but new!college!extremelybusy!mail-mi is using his old ways.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 31, 2019, 03:01:04 am »

......why you assuming Joseph's lack of reasons?

The Joseph thing? I remembered him not benig very engaged in this game, and just concluded that he won't feel strongly about this.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 31, 2019, 03:02:03 am »

i just reread raerae (at 1 in the morning, look at me) and here's a couple things I don't like:

- doesn't really meaningfully talk about people other than MiX (the big center of attention) and shraeye (her husband).
- tunnels shraeye (though this is pretty much null)
- is already calling scumteams early in day 1 (shraeye, MiX) and setting up lynches ("If shraeye is scum, we lynch MiX next").

Those are the things I currently find scummy about raerae. not sure if it's enough to outweigh lalight (though I don't like their most recent vote on me, for more than just OMGUS reasons) rn, but it's bedtime so goodnight

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 31, 2019, 03:03:04 am »

Now you sound like Awaclus.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 31, 2019, 03:06:04 am »

But srsly, why is the raerae post scummy? I'm not seeing it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 31, 2019, 06:46:17 am »

But also, since you really haven't had the time to do some sincere scumhunting and don't have strong reads, surely you wouldn't mind not voting today?

mail-mi not voting is one of the worst things he could do this day, a replacement's vote has a lot of value, he can read the game free of biases, thus getting a clearer vision on what happened; this obviously helps when scumhunting.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I see a shraeye!raerae scum team...just look at their interactions:

- raerae asks for shraeye's reason for voting me, he doesn't give it, she's annoyed; this is so easily orchestrated by two scum wanting to look like they're interacting with each other, but really, why did raerae have to ask that? There's no way shraeye would simply answer, this was a waste of time.

- pushes for a shraeye!MiX scumteam, votes shraeye first then me; all the talk about shraeye's suspicious in itself: sure they know each other IRL but "he's dangerous as scum, exceedingly dangerous" is...excessive, then there's the "if shraeye flips scum MiX's next" which could very well be "if my scumpartner dies let's mislynch someone".

- keeps throwing shade on me while voting for shraeye (#191 is a great example of this); easily explainable if you see that she's preparing to jump on my wagon.

- more interaction between them that leads nowhere, now about shraeye's (new) case on me, admits he's right; a much better question to ask here would be "why did you pick 3 people to guess?" but that would make shraeye have to answer it; he eventually does, but not due to raerae.

- votes for me, the tipping point? My interaction with shraeye...which would at best point to a shraeye!MiX team. She points out more, but most of it is sheeping other's cases...although they're right, I don't like how she swapped BECAUSE of a slip that could only exist in shraeye!MiX, for me this was an excuse to ditch her vote on shraeye and start pushing my wagon. This is all in #329.

- tells faust shraeye's case depended on me being scum...then why did she vote for shraeye? Again, this feels like creating interaction out of thin air.

- says her case on me is (and I quote) "shows knowledge of shraeye's intent pre-game". And...? Did she forget everything else she said? At this point she's voting for me because...what, the only person on shraeye's wagon is me? I would totally take that opportunity of scum bussing each other and lynch...the most dangerous one (note how, in her PoV, we're both bussing); she already admited shraeye's more dangerous...my answer? She wants an active player out of the game and a player whose meta she knows in.

Much more interested in a shraeye lynch, but this is looking much better...again, I ask all of you to review this and point out any flaws. Unlike shraeye, I haven't read previous raerae games, but she seems more active than him, maybe this brings out her meta more? I fear I can make these cases on everyone now...so please, destroy this and shraeye's case so I can improve as a player (or sheep if they're actually good  :P).

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2019, 06:48:34 am »

Maybe he's trying to prove his point by voting without a reason.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:49 am »

Now you sound like Awaclus.
Awaclus is annoying, but there is some substance to what he says.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 31, 2019, 06:52:24 am »

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I see a shraeye!raerae scum team...just look at their interactions:
Meh. I think their interactions stem more from the fact that they are a RL team than a scumteam.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 31, 2019, 06:54:49 am »

Meh. I think their interactions stem more from the fact that they are a RL team than a scumteam.
raerae did announce her intention to be hard on Shraeye before role pms went out.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 31, 2019, 06:56:45 am »

Something about the half-sarcastic-half-reready style really rubs me the wrong way. All she wants to say is "the wagon on me sucks because people don't have reasons" but she wraps it in pointless rehashes of what other people said.

Also raerae was my early gut scumread and I always regret it when I back away from those.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 31, 2019, 07:00:42 am »

raerae did announce her intention to be hard on Shraeye before role pms went out.

But she's not, all of that interaction seems...fake. Like they're trying to interact because pre-game they said they would. In reality, they're interacting with me, raerae in particular seems to USE shraeye to get a scumread on me. Eh, still don't like them.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.