Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 295080 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2019, 07:10:00 am »

LaLight, can you say wht raerae's scummy? I've heard from others but not from you.

As I was saying, they have a lot of posts, but most of them are questions that lead to nowhere. This is a perfect position for scum to be in: you're active, there's visibly nothing to hook to and you look townie. But where's the actual stances and content?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2019, 07:14:30 am »

i think at least one of silver/faust is scum
That's random. Why?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2019, 07:15:46 am »

That's random. Why?

Because when I look at your interactions I don't see town/town.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2019, 07:27:31 am »

That's random. Why?

In what way would we interact differently if one of us was scum?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2019, 07:29:11 am »

Don't like how big the raerae wagon got, if she was scum she wouldn't leave shraeye's wagon since, as faust said, raerae's case on me implies shraeye's scummy, then there's

there's WIFOM but still.
That's a decent point actually. I also reread raerae's most recent game (M39, she was a scum D1 lynch) and I don't quite see the similarities. Shame.

Anyway that frees me up to Vote: DatSwan

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:44 am »

That's random. Why?

I think here you interact carefully with each other whilw if you both were town, you would be more engaged into conversation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2019, 07:46:56 am »

That's random. Why?

I think here you interact carefully with each other whilw if you both were town, you would be more engaged into conversation.

I've been making a conscious effort to avoid emotional arguments with faust, which is probably what you're picking up. I don't think it says anything about his alignment.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2019, 07:53:17 am »

First off, haha very funny. Next and more importantly, who is this Teproc? How did he play? What is his reputation? And please consider me an entirely separate entity from him.

Very friendly, smart, always making sense. For some reason had a particularly low mafia winrate irrc, which I think just proves that it's mostly variance. I think there was also a thing where he was always classically "towny" when playing scum, and somewhat less towny when playing town. That's my impression, anyway.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2019, 07:54:32 am »

That's random. Why?

They might be trying to not get in an argument.
Ppe silver

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2019, 09:24:28 am »

faust: ... LL came in and asked the money question ("faust - are you town aligned). So faust has no backdoor for being some third faction and fake claiming or whatever at this point... so super hard town lean on him as of now.

I don't understand why this is a statement of fact, i assume it has something to do with rules around third faction(s) or fake claiming? Can someone explain or point me to the rule area... thank you in advance.

7) DebatePr0 (11): I have several reasons why I would prefer not to lynch Pro (acceptable nick name?) today.

Prefer debatepro without the zero. I added my Shuffle IT ID in case someone here wanted to crush me in dominion. I may not respond to Pro or Debatepr0 if i am busy since i'll open all the threads and search for my username.

I have a busy day and may not reply until later this evening (US). Still firm on my day one vote anyway, although i understand why people are trying to flush out MiX's partners.

:)
FNG

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2019, 09:38:30 am »

10. arishipshape - weird buddy thing with MiX early game, jumps on the MiX wagon middle-ish, it's safe to assume that there were at least some scum on that wagon and in the middle is always a good place to find scum
Dude. First off, I renounced MiX as soon as he started buddying me.
arishpshape posts EXACTLY how I would post my first post in my first game, therefore he is town; regardless, I do believe giving newbies a D1 pass has become customary: by those I clearly mean myself, arishpshape and Debatepro.

Love silverspawn's response, disagree with the votes as I've said.

I've read some recent games, in those, I don't think I've seen shraeye nor raerae, so I consider them my biggest threats.

In that case, vote: shraeye , you look like a better person to get reactions from, for no reason whatsoever.

Please, though your logic comes to the correct conclusion that I am in fact town, it is completely flawed. First, the fact that I posted as you would post is completely irrelevant to my townhood. Second, if you are to spare me on the grounds that I am a "newbie", how am I to learn either strategy, nor the essence of the forum game known as mafia? If anyone here thinks I am worthy of lynching, spare me not. Regardless, any wagon on anyone besides me is beneficial to the town, from my perspective and knowledge. Therefore, vote: shraeye
You really post like me...I like your style! Besides, even without the newbie pass, I still consider you town, I believe scum would talk to their summates first, diminishing that "first post" feel when they do talk in public, at least for a new person.

I am blatantly buddying you aren't I? I should prepare myself for when you're scum...

My style is completely irrelevant to whether I am town. However, my "first post" feel actually does lend some credence to your reasoning. Keep in mind that I just unvoted you, and so you are likely to irrationally sympathize with me more than I might deserve. Whats buddying?
This be some bizarre buddying behavior from MiX followed by his conclusion that he should be prepared for his buddy to be scum, when buddying is a term that I would associate with something scum does.

Obviously this conclusively proves him to be scum.

Vote: MiX

I had no idea this game was so easy.

Buddying, while suspicious, is not conclusive evidence. The fact that I am new also shrouds his decisions regarding his play towards me with doubt. His conclusion of preparation for my scum (which will not occur) is merely reactionary to the fact that again, I am new and therefore entirely unpredictable. Buddying with me may be a good move, or an awful one. Considering the man you are buddying with to possibly be scum is merely good play. Expressing that might have not been the best move, but again, you claimed conclusive evidence. Of course, considering the fallacy fallacy, this doesn't prove you wrong. I actually lean towards agreeing with you. FOS MiX, but I keep my vote. For now, I go to die. Tomorrow, you will meet the new me!

Image was obnoxiously large, I've resized it for you—Your friendly power-mad mod
In addition, I started the MiX wagon!
Anyways, this is my first post of my first game. All other games you may have thought I played were played be me in the past. Forget them, I am an entirely new person. Now, if I have things correctly, except for the innocent child who just got lynched, we have no information as of yet. Therefore, at least in live mafia games, we lynch someone immediately and at random, no? Of course, random is only subjective, and any experience had outside of this forum completely irrelevant. However, I regard it as the virtuous thing to do to ensure the highest chance for the not scum to win. Therefore, I shall conform to the tried and true methods utilized in other mafia games. Random bandwagon here we go!

Vote: MiX

If a random bandwagon is not the optimal strategy for town on day 1, explain to me why and I shall gladly retract my vote.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2019, 09:41:08 am »

10. arishipshape - weird buddy thing with MiX early game, jumps on the MiX wagon middle-ish, it's safe to assume that there were at least some scum on that wagon and in the middle is always a good place to find scum
1. raerae is not a dude.
2. Why so defensive?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2019, 09:45:08 am »

1. raerae is not a dude.
2. Why so defensive?
1. Dude is a generic term for "what the heck". Ill just say "what the heck" next time.
2. Hardly defensive. Writing gigantic diatribes is what I do best. Also, if I die, the town loses me and I get no more fun. Therefore, some defense is called for. I said this before the statement was made against me here:
I'm just saying this because I haven't spoken in a while. Anyways, here's my take of the situation. MiX gets my FOS because of the random buddying and the fact that he is quite chill with 5 votes on him. If I were in his position, I would be demanding explanations from each person voting on me. Perhaps that would be sub-optimal play, but I still think the complete lack of "what the heck guys" is a little objectionable.
Yes, I know i'm not getting voted for, but any sort of accusation is dangerous.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 29, 2019, 10:36:15 am »

Pointing at a RVS vote to explain you're the first on a wagon??? Why ari, why, that whole post is so scummy, oh my god, focus on scumhunting, not defensiveness, PLEASE.

You also say "writing gigantic diatribes is what I do" but your last 2 posts are...short.

Did you say what your scumreads are yet? Phone posting, don't wanna check

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:55 am »

I've been making a conscious effort to avoid emotional arguments with faust, which is probably what you're picking up. I don't think it says anything about his alignment.
Can you specify where this has led you to act differently towards me than you would have otherwise?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 29, 2019, 10:41:41 am »

Pointing at a RVS vote to explain you're the first on a wagon??? Why ari, why, that whole post is so scummy, oh my god, focus on scumhunting, not defensiveness, PLEASE.

You also say "writing gigantic diatribes is what I do" but your last 2 posts are...short.

The RVS (stands for random, right) vote just demonstrates I wasn't in the scum section of the wagon. I have been scumhunting, I found you and Faust. Defensiveness is incredibly important, because if I don't defend myself a non scum dies. I said writing gigantic diatribes is what I do BEST. And it felt gigantic, because it took forever to assemble all those quotes. I did say my scumreads. You and Faust. In addition, you two seem to be arbitrarily ganging up on me, with the "why so defensive" and the demonizing my defense. Whats wrong with defense? moat defends.
PPE 1

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 29, 2019, 10:44:28 am »

asking a lot of questions and doing nothing of actual scum hunting so far

If you'd enlighten me, how does one scumhunt in an online forum where our only interactions are text based?  Questions are bad because we get answers and reactions?  I'll have to keep that in mind.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 29, 2019, 10:45:32 am »

The RVS (stands for random, right) vote just demonstrates I wasn't in the scum section of the wagon. I have been scumhunting, I found you and Faust. Defensiveness is incredibly important, because if I don't defend myself a non scum dies. I said writing gigantic diatribes is what I do BEST. And it felt gigantic, because it took forever to assemble all those quotes. I did say my scumreads. You and Faust. In addition, you two seem to be arbitrarily ganging up on me, with the "why so defensive" and the demonizing my defense. Whats wrong with defense? moat defends.
PPE 1
How likely do you think it is that MiX and me are both scum, given the way we act towards you?

Also 2 scumreads is not very much. Even if they were correct (which is not the case) there would still be more scum out there. It isn't good to have this tunnel vision on two players and not consider who else could be scum, because there is certainly other scum out there.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 29, 2019, 10:51:34 am »

PPE 1
How likely do you think it is that MiX and me are both scum, given the way we act towards you?

Also 2 scumreads is not very much. Even if they were correct (which is not the case) there would still be more scum out there. It isn't good to have this tunnel vision on two players and not consider who else could be scum, because there is certainly other scum out there.
I think it is quite likely you are both scum.
MiX buddyed me, the noob. I suspect it was an early attempt to get me on his side. For instance, saying I remind him/her/whatever (crap, I do need pronouns) of him/her/whatever, and saying he/she/whatever liked my style. I imagine MiX thought my noobness would make me like him and defend him and not vote for him. If I am right, he/she/whatever was wrong.
And you, with your town information deprivation early on, and arbitrary disliking of my defense. 2 scumreads is plenty IMHO, just cause I haven't decided who I think the third (who may or may not exist because power scum) scum is doesn't mean I have tunnel vision. I haven't seen anything overly scummy in everyone else. 2 scum reads is enough. It's not like we can lynch 3 people in 1 day. Besides, I address you two the most because you address me. If anyone else wants to talk to me, let me know.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 29, 2019, 10:53:38 am »

I'd agree with you except so much of my shraeye case was hinging on things MiX said and his reactions to shraeye that I was ending up more as a case on MiX than shraeye.  I think they're probably still partners but I'm also willing to realize that I tunnel the hell out of shraeye and that isn't always the most reliable.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 29, 2019, 10:58:43 am »

shraeye sounds like town

nice to be in a game with mail-mi

Why does shraeye sound towny?  You said a few posts earlier you don't know his meta so please expand what he's done that gets him towncred.

(Crap, there I go asking questions again...)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 29, 2019, 10:59:11 am »

MiX and faust, the town team of doom, despair scum, we are here!

ari, FoS isn't voting; if your scumreads aren't enough to put votes down, you have to dig deeper: try to reread people, look at some cases to see if you agree with them, ask questions to people to dismantle some null reads...that's what I've been doing. This is also an answer to raerae.

faust is saying everything I want to say; I think this is towny, faust could be quiet and not help ari.

Ozle reference! And while I'm at it, I find it personally offensive that one of your favourite words is Mountebank, you must be a vile person  :P

PPE 2: I for one think your tunnelling on shraeye is perfectly valid.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 29, 2019, 11:01:58 am »

MiX and faust, the town team of doom, despair scum, we are here!

ari, FoS isn't voting; if your scumreads aren't enough to put votes down, you have to dig deeper: try to reread people, look at some cases to see if you agree with them, ask questions to people to dismantle some null reads...that's what I've been doing. This is also an answer to raerae.

faust is saying everything I want to say; I think this is towny, faust could be quiet and not help ari.

Ozle reference! And while I'm at it, I find it personally offensive that one of your favourite words is Mountebank, you must be a vile person  :P

PPE 2: I for one think your tunnelling on shraeye is perfectly valid.
Ok.
vote: MiX
Quick question, is there a way to display only the posts of one person for convenient rereading?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 29, 2019, 11:05:24 am »

For instance, saying I remind him/her/whatever (crap, I do need pronouns)

He.

To see one person's posts, just view their post history; most people only post here anyway. For further sorting you'll have to ask someone else.

Good vote, any other scumreads, ari? If none, can you look at shraeye? I need as many people as possible on him.

I might post a case on him if I have something really solid, no guarantees though...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 29, 2019, 11:05:53 am »

faust: Someone pointed out I could not possibly be right about my restriction thing with faust because of the set up. Obviously correct, oversight on my end. To further on that point though, really really really weird for faust. LL came in and asked the money question ("faust - are you town aligned). So faust has no backdoor for being some third faction and fake claiming or whatever at this point... so super hard town lean on him as of now. I know that is gonna come off as some weak ass reasoning to players that have not played with faust, but just go like read... any other game ever.. it will make sense.

You're really giving faust hard towncred because he said he was town-aligned??  Because he couldn't possibly be skum saying "Yup, sure, whatever you want to hear."??  That seems extreme.

@faust, if DS were saying this about anybody else, how would you feel about it?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.