Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 295096 times)

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2019, 02:25:27 pm »

Just a thought experiment. Mix is new but has played in another form... it wouldn't be "inconceivable" to orchestrate the buddying with a noob (arishpshape) ruse quickly, especially given the the way he played before was a much quicker format. They probably even have a name for this tactic, which I think should be called the Vizinni when town sniffs it out.

I feel like I skipped this.

I have never attempted to so such a thing: conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person, a better scum tactic is to seem like the voice of reason, which is what I usually do. However, this is a completely different medium: things change.

Maybe my weak theory isn't clear and given that clarity is my preeminent gift to the world i will break it down for you [Mocking.Self]. If you are running Vizinni con, you are both scum. If not, then perhaps it is only you.

Nah, caught one is right, I think I caught one. Maybe, probably.

Inigo Montoya: I do not think it means what you think it means or... TMI.

FNG

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2019, 02:26:28 pm »

There's a lot of discussion but I'm not sure anyone is scummy. No good cases so far.

I am, however, pretty sure that Debatepro is town, and arishipshape probably too. That's something.

You have no scumreads whatsoever? I find that bizarre, surely you are suspicious of someone.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2019, 02:36:24 pm »

Just a thought experiment. Mix is new but has played in another form... it wouldn't be "inconceivable" to orchestrate the buddying with a noob (arishpshape) ruse quickly, especially given the the way he played before was a much quicker format. They probably even have a name for this tactic, which I think should be called the Vizinni when town sniffs it out.

I have never attempted to so such a thing: conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person, a better scum tactic is to seem like the voice of reason, which is what I usually do. However, this is a completely different medium: things change.

Maybe my weak theory isn't clear and given that clarity is my preeminent gift to the world i will break it down for you [Mocking.Self]. If you are running Vizinni con, you are both scum. If not, then perhaps it is only you.

Why do you call it the Vizinni con? WIFOM is a much better word from the same work of fiction.

I don't understand why you bolded that, care to elaborate?

There's a lot of discussion but I'm not sure anyone is scummy. No good cases so far.

I am, however, pretty sure that Debatepro is town, and arishipshape probably too. That's something.

You have no scumreads whatsoever? I find that bizarre, surely you are suspicious of someone.

Notice how he said he's not SURE anyone is scummy, not that there are no scums nor that he doesn't have a hunch that specific people are being scummy.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2019, 02:40:30 pm »

I'm just saying this because I haven't spoken in a while. Anyways, here's my take of the situation. MiX gets my FOS because of the random buddying and the fact that he is quite chill with 5 votes on him. If I were in his position, I would be demanding explanations from each person voting on me. Perhaps that would be sub-optimal play, but I still think the complete lack of "what the heck guys" is a little objectionable.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2019, 02:47:42 pm »

I'm just saying this because I haven't spoken in a while. Anyways, here's my take of the situation. MiX gets my FOS because of the random buddying and the fact that he is quite chill with 5 votes on him. If I were in his position, I would be demanding explanations from each person voting on me. Perhaps that would be sub-optimal play, but I still think the complete lack of "what the heck guys" is a little objectionable.

I've heard everyone's explanations; I have no reason to fight back against their cases if not by pointing out that they're wrong, panicking does not help the town effort: after all, it's still early D1

Can you unvote me/explain why you're voting me? you gave me FoS for buddying, but is that enough for a vote?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2019, 03:08:15 pm »

Why do you call it the Vizinni con? WIFOM is a much better word from the same work of fiction.

I don't understand why you bolded that, care to elaborate?

Notice how he said he's not SURE anyone is scummy, not that there are no scums nor that he doesn't have a hunch that specific people are being scummy.

Can we resist the urge to defend other people a bit, it makes it harder to gather reads when that happens. I just want to see how people respond.

So far airship defended MiX and MiX defended SS and it’s weird.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2019, 03:09:05 pm »

I've heard everyone's explanations; I have no reason to fight back against their cases if not by pointing out that they're wrong, panicking does not help the town effort: after all, it's still early D1

Can you unvote me/explain why you're voting me? you gave me FoS for buddying, but is that enough for a vote?
Touche. Again, I am used to quick mafia where you could get hammered within seconds. Unvote. You keep my FOS for buddying, but I agree, insufficient for a vote.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2019, 03:31:11 pm »

It was RVS, where pushing wagons is better than not, in my opinion anyway.

But if everybody RVSs we end up with somebody at flippin' L-2 for NO REASON.  We're not even 24 hours into D1, we nearly have a lynch, and we have virtually no discussion. 

A big wagon doesn't mean a lynch.

What do you mean by discussion? The setup's closed, nothing to say about that, it's too early to post reads lists, and virtually every case is RVS.

If you have something good for us to discuss, by all means, say it, but I think this day's fine.

Oh, and there ARE meaningful cases on me: Debatepro's, ari's and even shraeye's if you look closer, so it's not "for no reason".

PPE 1: guy -> gut, caught one -> caught on, before you edit it yourself

shraeye hasn't even posted his reason for voting for you,  Did you guys discuss this in your QT and you're jumping the gun??

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2019, 03:34:04 pm »

It was RVS, where pushing wagons is better than not, in my opinion anyway.

But if everybody RVSs we end up with somebody at flippin' L-2 for NO REASON.  We're not even 24 hours into D1, we nearly have a lynch, and we have virtually no discussion. 

A big wagon doesn't mean a lynch.

What do you mean by discussion? The setup's closed, nothing to say about that, it's too early to post reads lists, and virtually every case is RVS.

If you have something good for us to discuss, by all means, say it, but I think this day's fine.

Oh, and there ARE meaningful cases on me: Debatepro's, ari's and even shraeye's if you look closer, so it's not "for no reason".

PPE 1: guy -> gut, caught one -> caught on, before you edit it yourself

shraeye hasn't even posted his reason for voting for you,  Did you guys discuss this in your QT and you're jumping the gun??
Very good point. Shraeye, why are you voting MiX?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2019, 03:35:50 pm »

But whhhhhyyyyy are they town?  How can you be sure?  Feel free to point me to post if I missed it but, frankly, I don't understand how you can be "pretty sure" of anything at this point.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2019, 03:39:00 pm »

Or he's town and doesn't feel threatened because "surely they'll realize they're wrong, I know I'm town so everybody else will figure it out too."  I've seen it roll both ways so it's a non-read for me. 

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2019, 03:39:49 pm »

Quoting the important part of my post: his case has a reason, he just hasn't said what it is...I think faust caught on to it, which is why I think it exists at all.

While I'm here...Debatepro, can you answer this?

Oh "the most scummiest thing I have ever read in all of the mafia games I've ever played" is just this one...funny. Was that intentional?

And I apologize, Uncle; I just like to say the truth, I'll be more careful next time...however, where has ari defended me? Actually curious.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2019, 03:44:09 pm »

Quoting the important part of my post: his case has a reason, he just hasn't said what it is...I think faust caught on to it, which is why I think it exists at all.

Oh "the most scummiest thing I have ever read in all of the mafia games I've ever played" is just this one...funny. Was that intentional?

And I apologize, Uncle; I just like to say the truth, I'll be more careful next time...however, where has ari defended me? Actually curious.

But you said if we looked closer we'd see it.  Vote: shraeye  I'm not convinced MiX is scum or town but shraeye has some explaining to do.  Also, he's dangerous as scum, exceedingly dangerous.  If shraeye flips scum, MiX is our next lynch.  MiX had no reason to defend shraeye's unstated case and yet he did so they're probably a team.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »

Vote: raerae
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2019, 03:46:02 pm »

So you're the third?  Or you just like how my name sounds when you type it?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2019, 03:46:45 pm »

Or he's town and doesn't feel threatened because "surely they'll realize they're wrong, I know I'm town so everybody else will figure it out too."  I've seen it roll both ways so it's a non-read for me.
Hence my unvote.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2019, 03:56:15 pm »

I'm suspicious of everyone, including my two town reads, but not particularly more suspicious than chance of anyone. Which is very normal for me for this point in the game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2019, 03:57:01 pm »

So you're the third?  Or you just like how my name sounds when you type it?
Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2019, 03:57:34 pm »

I think it's the opposite: challenging votes is more pro-town, but not doing it is probably a towny signal for a new player.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2019, 03:58:58 pm »

faust was sheeping shraeye's vote untill now...feels like the best time to abandon it, now that shraeye's reasoning is being questioned, but jumping to raerae makes him very scummy.

Not sure scum!faust would do such a blatant dodge, nevertheless, vote: faust, Dylan's STILL not here and my vote won't change it, will it.

faust, all you've been doing this game was post famous quotes and vote people silently, where's the faust that asks questions? that acts secretive but with a purpose? that constantly makes people go for a wagon because you're scumreading them?

If the above is not faust's town meta, please say it, this is the impression I got but faust is...interesting, could've gotten some things wrong.

But you said if we looked closer we'd see it.  Vote: shraeye  I'm not convinced MiX is scum or town but shraeye has some explaining to do.  Also, he's dangerous as scum, exceedingly dangerous.  If shraeye flips scum, MiX is our next lynch.  MiX had no reason to defend shraeye's unstated case and yet he did so they're probably a team.

Why would I defend a scumbuddy's case on me if I have no reason to? Probably digging my grave with the question...

PPE

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2019, 03:59:37 pm »

Totally agreed. vote: raerae

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2019, 04:00:26 pm »

Touche. Again, I am used to quick mafia where you could get hammered within seconds. Unvote. You keep my FOS for buddying, but I agree, insufficient for a vote.
It is not the ferocity of the beast of prey that requires a moral disguise but the herd animal with its profound mediocrity, timidity and boredom with itself.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2019, 04:00:46 pm »

PPE 4, guess I pressed "Enter" too fast...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2019, 04:02:17 pm »

It is towny for faust to go against his meta and raise eyebrows, and scum!faust knows this which is why he is likely to emulate it. At only one level of meta you're not likely to obtain significant information that distinguishes between scum!faust and town!faust

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2019, 04:04:11 pm »

It is towny for faust to go against his meta and raise eyebrows, and scum!faust knows this which is why he is likely to emulate it. At only one level of meta you're not likely to obtain significant information that distinguishes between scum!faust and town!faust

Am I then forced to acknowledge this faust as null? vote: Dylan, while you have time to answer me this:

ss, why are you voting for rae?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 16 queries.