Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 101710 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #900 on: November 14, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »

FYI -- All newbies I've heard of have either signed up or declined to play the newbie game.

Do we have more folks we want to recruit?  I still think we need to rope Theory into one.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 14, 2012, 07:35:30 pm »

FYI -- All newbies I've heard of have either signed up or declined to play the newbie game.

Do we have more folks we want to recruit?  I still think we need to rope Theory into one.

Theory played M-I. They lynched him.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 14, 2012, 07:40:33 pm »

It took me about two weeks to get the 5 newbies that played in MX. So I would just make sure to keep the Newbie Friendly status highlighted and see what happens....

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:40 pm »

That hasn't seemed to slow Robz down.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 14, 2012, 08:01:27 pm »

SFS!  Why haven't you signed up yet?  This game is up your alley. 

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 14, 2012, 08:14:30 pm »

SFS!  Why haven't you signed up yet?  This game is up your alley.

I appreciate the encouragement, but I very much prefer blitz games.  Also, having now played once as mafia, the possibility of drawing a mafia role again does not excite me.  I know the odds are against it, but...well, I've posted elsewhere about odds, and my luck.

So I'm taking a break for now (from Mafia).  My GF and I are playing a lot of Pandemic (which I bought two days ago), and I want to play more of the forum version of that as well.  You'll see me again in the next blitz game, and I will be modding MXXV when that comes up.  Right now, I'm thinking that will be a normal game, mid length (I'm thinking one week deadlines rather than two), probably 9 to 13 players.  I am open to doing whatever we think we need at that time (within my capabilities).
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »

I still feel terrible for doing that.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 14, 2012, 08:18:41 pm »

I'd like to run VM1: Veteran Mafia...I have an 8 player flavorless set-up I'd like to run, but with the old hands in game.  It'd be pretty autonomous, with mostly vote counts and flips from the mod.

What do people think?  It could basically run itself.

you know what, there's no Blitz game in any stage, so I can open this up as Blitz right now.  8 players, and the set-up plays super fast anyway.

Anyone co-mod with me?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 14, 2012, 09:25:23 pm »

Mo' pokemon mo' fun.

Speaking of mo' pokemon mo' fun, I know dsell a while back proposed a pokemon themed mafia game and was testing the waters.  I was informed of Dsells proposal by Shraeye on the way home for work when told him I was thinking about a pokemon themed mafia game.  I discussed some of my ideas with Dsell and he conceded that my game was different enough for it to be its own game instead of somehow incorporating my ideas into his game.  This becomes even more relevent if people are wanting to play a pokemon themed game but Dsell just isn't ready to do it yet.  I thought I would propose my ideas to see if I could get some feedback on the set up and gauge interest.

I propose the following set up:

-Medium number of players (~15?)
-Every player chooses to play as a basic evolution of a pokemon (preferably from the first red/blue and silver/gold just cause I know them better) and this would in some way effect:
  -your role (but nothing so obvious as fire = scum)
  -your night/day action
  -your special abilities
-Your pokemon choice is made public (changing your forum picture to that pokemon is encouraged)
-During the day there are TWO votes going on.  You are voting for two players to fight each other, picking who loses that fight and who wins that fight.  The Loser dies like a normal lynch target would. The winner evolves and with it gains a stronger version of their action.  Pokemon that have multiple evolution paths get to choose which path they take (for example when eevee chooses to play as eevee, he could choose when he evolves to evolve into jolteon and get a different power than if he were to choose to evolve into flareon).
-To prevent Scum's identity from being given away, while night kills are still performed by a player, this would not cause them to evolve.  I want the day voting system to be a willful acknowledgement of the town to kill one player (hopefully scum) and charge up another player (hopefully town); this just gains the flavor of being a pokemon battle.

What do you guys think?  Would people play this game?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »

But what if you don't have an evolution?  :'(

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:25 pm »

In the game of Pokemon, you evolve or die. :P

I love the idea! Seems neat. /in for anything pokemon related, unless I become co-mod or something.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

I've thought about this a bit, and would be open to suggestions but I was thinking about balancing powers based on the number of evolutions you have.  e.g. if you have no evolution you start with a better power than others but it would be weaker than the evolved forms of other powers.  Something like that.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:21 pm »

In the game of Pokemon, you evolve or die. :P

I love the idea! Seems neat. /in for anything pokemon related, unless I become co-mod or something.

I have discussed some details with Shraeye so if ever he learns too much I might have to forcibly recruit him as a co-mod.  If not, and with enough interest, I might consider you as a comod.  I just want to get enough people on board.   Co mod is def nec with the fact that there are vote tallies for who to kill and who to evolve.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 14, 2012, 09:43:39 pm »

I feel bad about taking a forever-long time on Pokemon Role Madness, so I want to make it up to everyone by hosting a bastard game. It's taking significantly less brainpower to throw together so I could have it up really soon, but I'll wait at the very least until Morgrim's game goes into night 1. Are there any other bastard games in the queue that I need to get in line behind? Or are bastard games kinda their own deal?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 14, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »

I feel bad about taking a forever-long time on Pokemon Role Madness, so I want to make it up to everyone by hosting a bastard game. It's taking significantly less brainpower to throw together so I could have it up really soon, but I'll wait at the very least until Morgrim's game goes into night 1. Are there any other bastard games in the queue that I need to get in line behind? Or are bastard games kinda their own deal?

I dont know if you like my idea enough to get behind it dsell (even though you already said you did but whatever).  Maybe since I have started to work out a lot of the details, my game could be RMM4?  I dont want to step on anyones feet or insult anyone or have bad forum etiquette but just throwing the idea out there.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »

I dont know if you like my idea enough to get behind it dsell (even though you already said you did but whatever).  Maybe since I have started to work out a lot of the details, my game could be RMM4?  I dont want to step on anyones feet or insult anyone or have bad forum etiquette but just throwing the idea out there.

I could not care about the number of my game less. It's already not gonna make sense because it'll be posted after RMM5 and maybe others. When my game's done you guys'll hear about it and I'll hop in wherever. In the meantime, I don't want to get in the way of more mafia happening. It's whatever everybody wants. If people will be confused by the switch, I'll keep the name, otherwise I have no problem at all with you taking RMM4.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »

Latest queue info is here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5290.0

Axxle's drunk mafia is the only one in the Bastard Q.  I think you'd be fine to start up when BMVII is on D2.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »

Any banned pokemon?  Legendaries?  Tyranitar has got to be on the upper end...

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:10 pm »

Any banned pokemon?  Legendaries?  Tyranitar has got to be on the upper end...

I dont think I'm going to ban pokemon.  It might just be that because you pick a legendary you get less power than everyone else just for being a jerk... Or maybe you get more.  I want there to be good flavor and I think there will be enough variety of pokemon going around that I wouldn't have to worry about everyone picking a legendary.  If they do... for same.  I just want people to play as their favorite pokemon and that that choice would some how have flavor/role/power consequences dictated by me (awesomely).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »

People are going to be shocked to learn that I don't really care for the pokemon Eevee.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:09 pm »

People are going to be shocked to learn that I don't really care for the pokemon Eevee.

You are a liar in XV and you are a liar now.  Vote: Eevee.  Actually I am just mad cause I had awesome ideas lined up for you and eevee's evolutions.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:58 pm »

So whats the process now?  I have a good idea.  I have some interest.  Do I make a thread to collect sign ups?  What number is it? RMM4? RMM6? When does it start?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »

So whats the process now?  I have a good idea.  I have some interest.  Do I make a thread to collect sign ups?  What number is it? RMM4? RMM6? When does it start?

You can have RMM4, I think, since DSELL is okay with that.  I'd wait until Volt's Shakespeare game is in N1 or so to open it up.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »

Cool.  I made the RMM4 thread.  This is my first time putting one of these together.  I said it in that OP but I will say it here too: if any one notices glaring mistakes with my OP or finds anythign particularly unclear, please let me know.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 15, 2012, 04:40:56 pm »

I appreciate the encouragement, but I very much prefer blitz games.  Also, having now played once as mafia, the possibility of drawing a mafia role again does not excite me.  I know the odds are against it, but...well, I've posted elsewhere about odds, and my luck.

So I'm taking a break for now (from Mafia).  My GF and I are playing a lot of Pandemic (which I bought two days ago), and I want to play more of the forum version of that as well.  You'll see me again in the next blitz game, and I will be modding MXXV when that comes up.  Right now, I'm thinking that will be a normal game, mid length (I'm thinking one week deadlines rather than two), probably 9 to 13 players.  I am open to doing whatever we think we need at that time (within my capabilities).

I'm holding your spot, so come confirm!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.