Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 175436 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 4 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1950 on: October 28, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »

I didn't push Ichi to gain town cred. I pushed him to lynch mafia which I thought would also help clear my name.

What's the difference between "clearing your name" and "gaining towncred", exactly?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »

I didn't push Ichi to gain town cred. I pushed him to lynch mafia which I thought would also help clear my name.

What's the difference between "clearing your name" and "gaining towncred", exactly?

On a pure theory level, I think "[attempting to] gain towncred" is something one does regardless of current thoughts on his alignment while "[attempting to] clear your name" is a specific action taken after being suspected.

In Eevee's case, none.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 29, 2014, 03:22:42 am »

I'm just saying contributing to a successfull mafia lynch like that is something that makes you less likely to be mafia. You know, this is why I don't think ash or WW are mafia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1953 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:04 am »

Eevee just wondering. You were originally on the IG wagon. I don't know if you've stated your ideas on the wagon. did you get a towny vibe from it or scummy?
Honestly, I don't remember voting for IG. The whole "lynched or not lynched" episode happened when I was offline. I'm pretty sure my vote at the time was just a pressure vote, vote to make him feel the heat and give us information.

I'm a big proponent of lynch mafia not scum. Just because IG appears scummy, we don't have to lynch him if the scum narrative doesn't add up. I'm not sure it does here. One big issue I have is why wouldn't he fakeclaim if he was scum? The other is that everyone is so gung-ho against him.

Honestly, maybe he is scummier than your average person, but not my ideal lynch choise for today if we are only factoring in the chance to hit scum. There is of course the fact that anyone who has been near lynched is going to be an informational lynch, were he to flip scum we could more or less absolve the first attackers for example.

So, I don't know. I find the wagon, especially joth, a bit over-eager.

This was my first reason for voting for Eevee.  I still find this post really scummy.  I can see this post int he context of Eevee thinking Ichi might be his unknown partner. 

Also, sidenote.  We decided that after Ichi claimed, Mafia team can only know Ichi is lying, not that he isn't SK.  How does Mafia react to this?  Do they conclude SK doesn't make sense so conclude Ichi is their partner, or do they maintain doubt?  Faust concluded Mafia knows Ichi is Traitor and would not bus him. In particular, Faust was arguing Eevee being not Mafia (which he is now arguing the other way).  What was it that changed your mind about that, Faust?
the bolded is another example of faust's opportunistic behavior. as far as i can tell he never replied to this.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 29, 2014, 04:01:54 am »

Recent thought...all of eevee's untowniness is out of character with scum!eevee.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 29, 2014, 06:57:52 am »

Eevee just wondering. You were originally on the IG wagon. I don't know if you've stated your ideas on the wagon. did you get a towny vibe from it or scummy?
Honestly, I don't remember voting for IG. The whole "lynched or not lynched" episode happened when I was offline. I'm pretty sure my vote at the time was just a pressure vote, vote to make him feel the heat and give us information.

I'm a big proponent of lynch mafia not scum. Just because IG appears scummy, we don't have to lynch him if the scum narrative doesn't add up. I'm not sure it does here. One big issue I have is why wouldn't he fakeclaim if he was scum? The other is that everyone is so gung-ho against him.

Honestly, maybe he is scummier than your average person, but not my ideal lynch choise for today if we are only factoring in the chance to hit scum. There is of course the fact that anyone who has been near lynched is going to be an informational lynch, were he to flip scum we could more or less absolve the first attackers for example.

This was my first reason for voting for Eevee.  I still find this post really scummy.  I can see this post int he context of Eevee thinking Ichi might be his unknown partner. 

Also, sidenote.  We decided that after Ichi claimed, Mafia team can only know Ichi is lying, not that he isn't SK.  How does Mafia react to this?  Do they conclude SK doesn't make sense so conclude Ichi is their partner, or do they maintain doubt?  Faust concluded Mafia knows Ichi is Traitor and would not bus him. In particular, Faust was arguing Eevee being not Mafia (which he is now arguing the other way).  What was it that changed your mind about that, Faust?
the bolded is another example of faust's opportunistic behavior. as far as i can tell he never replied to this.

Well, PoE. Since everyone here (except Jimmmmm and me) voted Ichi, scum must have bussed, right?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:04 am »

Well, PoE. Since everyone here (except Jimmmmm and me) voted Ichi, scum must have bussed, right?

Not if you are mafia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 29, 2014, 07:13:17 am »

Yeah, no. But I get that you are forced to change a read, sure.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Night 3 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1958 on: October 29, 2014, 07:24:09 am »

Vote Count 4.2

Eevee (1): faust

Not Voting (4): Eevee, ashersky, witherweaver, Jimmmmm

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. The deadline for Day 4 will be Tuesday, November 4, at 5:00 PM forum time.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 29, 2014, 07:41:27 am »

Vote: faust

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 29, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

Not if you are mafia.

Wow, for some reason I didn't consider that possibility.  ::)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 29, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »

Then why is it Eevee and not Ash?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 29, 2014, 02:35:06 pm »

And what about the other point.  Any chance Mafia was banking on Ichi being SK?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 29, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »

Then why is it Eevee and not Ash?

1. ash made the Hydrad lynch happen, AND ash made the Ichi lynch happen. I doubt there would be that much bussing.
2. No kill N2 with Eevee being blocked is way more damning than only one kill N1 with ash being blocked.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 29, 2014, 03:51:20 pm »

No way that claim makes sense for a SK. The chances for survival till the end with a claimed PR are probably <1%. So I think mafia knew. ash and Eevee are both clever enough to figure this out.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: October 29, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »

No way that claim makes sense for a SK. The chances for survival till the end with a claimed PR are probably <1%. So I think mafia knew. ash and Eevee are both clever enough to figure this out.

That's not all of the question.  They also have to consider whether Ichi would reach the same conclusion as SK.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 29, 2014, 03:53:41 pm »

That's not all of the question.  They also have to consider whether Ichi would reach the same conclusion as SK.

How is this question relevant though?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:01 pm »

Because the question is whether they would know Ichi is the Traitor or SK.  Saying claiming is not the correct SK play doesn't answer the question unless you know Ichi will make the correct play.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:51 pm »

Because the question is whether they would know Ichi is the Traitor or SK.  Saying claiming is not the correct SK play doesn't answer the question unless you know Ichi will make the correct play.

Again, to clarify my question, how is it helpful for us to know whether scum thought Ichi was the SK or their partner?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 29, 2014, 05:15:25 pm »

Again, to clarify my question, how is it helpful for us to know whether scum thought Ichi was the SK or their partner?

Okay not for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 29, 2014, 05:49:44 pm »

Jimmmmm was arguing that there was "no way" mafia make that claim.  We see how that turned out.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 29, 2014, 05:52:38 pm »

Jimmmmm was arguing that there was "no way" mafia make that claim.  We see how that turned out.

Well, fair point. I still don't see how this question is anything but purely academic right now. Who looks worse if we assume mafia assumed that Ichi was SK instead of Traitor?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 29, 2014, 05:59:15 pm »

Well, fair point. I still don't see how this question is anything but purely academic right now. Who looks worse if we assume mafia assumed that Ichi was SK instead of Traitor?

Well, you look better, right?  Because then Ash/Eevee didn't bus.  Or at least were only bussing with X% confidence.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 29, 2014, 06:15:03 pm »

Well, you look better, right?  Because then Ash/Eevee didn't bus.  Or at least were only bussing with X% confidence.

Hm, that's right, I guess. You'd have to wonder if mafia would want to lynch the SK in this case... I think rather not? Which, uh, would mean that I don't actually look better. So that was a bad argument, forget everthing you just read.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 30, 2014, 01:48:40 pm »

Guys, should we start to think about putting down votes? People aren't rereading, there is no new information coming in, I don't see anything to gain by letting the game stagnate.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 16 queries.