Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 175746 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 4 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1900 on: October 27, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

As far as the SK, I have a better feeling of WW for town because he's been agreeing with me a lot, but that's bad reasoning. Ash was jailed N1 and we are missing kills, but he would make sense for a target too, so that's a small piece of evidence. If faust isn't mafia, there is no reason he couldn't be the SK.

Frankly, I think the SK is hard to find. He has no partners and all the reason to scumhunt just as town does, so interactions or helpfulness aren't helping us. What we can do today is try to kill mafia, if we hit the SK as a consolation price, that's just dandy, but if we manage to lynch mafia we'll just have to hope we pick right tomorrow.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 27, 2014, 11:02:56 am »

SK!Eevee could of course have used a Strongman kill on silver/joth, if we assume that mafia can't block and kill.

Ah.  Good point.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 27, 2014, 11:03:14 am »

WW, ash, Jimm, am I crazy? Isn't faust incredibly scummy here?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 27, 2014, 11:03:23 am »

Eevee, do you really want to make a potential game-losing move with such hand-wavy argumentation?
What do you mean! It's tangible evidence of others actively getting scum lynched while you try to deflect away to town players.

You know, there's a thing called "bussing". Now really, I understand that you would think I'm scum, but is it so out of the question for you that someone else is mafia that you aren't even willing to consider it?

Either you are town, and this is some DoP-like endgame scenario, or you are scum trying to deflect away from your own lack of successful scumhunting.
Of course I'm willing to consider! You just aren't giving me anything to consider.
Jimmm - IC.

WW - Instrumental in driving the Hydrad wagon early, also revived it after it died once. I haven't reread yesterday, but I felt his reads lined up with mine and that he was a contributor in getting IG lynched.

ash - Hammered Hydrad when Jimmm was also at L-1, which is very unmafialike. Less towny yesterday due to the fight with Jimmm, but again, I haven't reread the day so I don't even remember if he helped us lynching IG or not.

faust - Tried to derail the Hydrad wagon multiple times. Avoided the IG lynch yesterday and argued against it.

If you want me to consider ash or WW, you have to make a case and explain why. Just vaguely saying "bussing is a thing" does not a convincing argument make.

Point out the "multiple times" I have presumably tried to derail the Hydrad wagon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 27, 2014, 11:03:45 am »

As far as the SK, I have a better feeling of WW for town because he's been agreeing with me a lot, but that's bad reasoning. Ash was jailed N1 and we are missing kills, but he would make sense for a target too, so that's a small piece of evidence. If faust isn't mafia, there is no reason he couldn't be the SK.

Frankly, I think the SK is hard to find. He has no partners and all the reason to scumhunt just as town does, so interactions or helpfulness aren't helping us. What we can do today is try to kill mafia, if we hit the SK as a consolation price, that's just dandy, but if we manage to lynch mafia we'll just have to hope we pick right tomorrow.

Well you were Jailed Night 2 and we're missing two kills, and you're not that great of a target.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: October 27, 2014, 11:04:15 am »

WW, ash, Jimm, am I crazy? Isn't faust incredibly scummy here?

I've checked my horoscope and I'm most likely voting for Faust today.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 27, 2014, 11:04:47 am »

Silver jailed me last night and there were two kills though. Would my strongman go through if I was in jail?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 27, 2014, 11:05:35 am »

Silver jailed me last night and there were two kills though. Would my strongman go through if I was in jail?

I strongly suppose that. What good would the Strongman be otherwise?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 2 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1908 on: October 27, 2014, 11:06:07 am »

You never even commented on this post, faust. I think it's pretty self-explanatory, highlights WW and ash being anti-mafia and you being pro-mafia.

Okay, posting these in chronological order. If you want to reread IG's claim and Hydrad's lynch, just click on the first post I quote.

I still think lynching WW is a good option here. I want to vote Jimmmmm for super lurking and not contributing, but sadly, that's not an alignment tell. joth could be scum, a little afraid of that - the stalling also supports his cause, because it means we will likely lynch Ichi. So yeah, I'd vote any of these I guess. I like WW best though.

For reference, the vote count at that time:
Vote Count 2.3

Witherweaver (1): faust
Jimmmmm (2): Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin
Hydrad (2): silverspawn, Witherweaver
Ichimaru Gin (1): jotheonah
ashersky (1): Jimmmmm

Not Voting (2): ashersky, Eevee

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends on Wednesday, October 15, 7:30 PM FT.

silver reacting to the vote count:
vote: Ichimaru Gin
faust reacting to silver's vote:
Yeah, let's start some wagons.

Vote: Jimmmmm

this could honestly be a scum slip. I'm not sure it is, but it could be. I already thought you were scum before though.

This is scummy... no way that was a scumslip.

Vote: silverspawn let's try this.

Want to lynch: WW, silverspawn, Jimmmmm

Would lynch: Hydrad, joth, ash

Won't lynch: Eevee, IG

This is after IG claimed:
Well, that was unnecessary.

Vote: Jimmmmm for now.

And then nothing until ash and Jimm guide us to correctly lynching Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 27, 2014, 11:07:01 am »

Sigh. I fear the main reason I'm getting lynched here is that I was not around when the lynches happened D1 and D2.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 27, 2014, 11:08:39 am »

Sigh. I fear the main reason I'm getting lynched here is that I was not around when the lynches happened D1 and D2.
Well it's pretty damning when we lynch scum and you aren't there to help. It's not like you tried to push us towards Hydrad when you were present either. When silver said we needed more wagons and voted for IG, you promptly reacted by voting for Jimmm.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 27, 2014, 11:09:21 am »

What is there to comment? All you do is selectively choosing posts where I voted to make me look scummy. I don't have the slightest idea how this highlights ash and WW as being anti-mafia.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 27, 2014, 11:09:44 am »

Well it's pretty damning when we lynch scum and you aren't there to help. It's not like you tried to push us towards Hydrad when you were present either. When silver said we needed more wagons and voted for IG, you promptly reacted by voting for Jimmm.

Yeah, it's damning when I sleep or am busy. Thanks.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:56 am »

What is there to comment? All you do is selectively choosing posts where I voted to make me look scummy. I don't have the slightest idea how this highlights ash and WW as being anti-mafia.
That's all your posts! The rest of us were working to get IG or Hydrad lynched, and you tried to derail to multiple town targets and then disappearead. Literally all your votes were for town (or at least not mafia), despite there being two mafia players heavily wagoned.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 27, 2014, 11:11:33 am »

Yeah, it's damning when I sleep or am busy. Thanks.
No, it's damning you were suspecting silverspawn, WW, Jimmm and joth, while the rest of us tried to move the lynch towards Hydrad and/or IG.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 27, 2014, 11:12:51 am »

That's all your posts! The rest of us were working to get IG or Hydrad lynched, and you tried to derail to multiple town targets and then disappearead. Literally all your votes were for town (or at least not mafia), despite there being two mafia players heavily wagoned.

Yes, sure, you were all working together to get scum lynched, and I stood brooding in the corner.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day1 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1916 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:34 am »

You are noticeably absent from both our scum lynches. WW is on both, so is ash. In a nutshell, this is why I think you are the third mafia.

Final Vote Count

Jimmmmm (4): Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin, faust, Eevee
Hydrad (5): Witherweaver, jotheonah, silverspawn, ashersky, Jimmmmm

Hydrad has been lynched! He was Bernard, a Mafia Goon

Everyone please check in tonight by sending me your original role PM from yuma as well as any night actions you may have to perform

Final Vote Count

silverspawn (2): Jimmmmm, Ichimaru Gin
Ichimaru Gin (5): ashersky, Eevee, silverspawn, witherweaver, jotheonah
Eevee (1): faust

Ichimaru Gin has been lynched!  He was  Anna Thurman, a Mafia Traitor.

I will be going v/la this weekend, so if at all possible, please submit night actions within the next 24 hours, and I will open up D4 Friday morning.  If not, then I will be able to open up the game Saturday morning, it would just be sub-optimal for me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 27, 2014, 11:18:19 am »

Look, I am sorry my reads weren't better. Of course you all could believe me more had I played better. But that is not the case, and if you aren't willing to believe that town can be wrong and scum can bus, we're going to lose here.

I don't think I can convince Eevee, and hey! I guess from a town!Eevee point of view, this line of thought makes sense. The rest of us can't know that Eevee isn't scum. It's very likely that he is, based on PR results.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 27, 2014, 11:30:34 am »

If you don't believe me, look at possible scenarios.

Let us for a moment assume a mafia team of me/Hydrad/Ichi, joined by a SK that is either ash or WW.

Night 1, there is one blocked kill. It is not the mafia kill that is blocked unless mafia targeted ashersky or WW. This is the final vote count of that day:

Vote Count 1.FINAL

Ichimaru (1): Jimmmmm,
Witherweaver (1): faust,
Eevee (3): Witherweaver, ashersky, XerxesPraelor
XerxesPraelor (4): Ichimaru Gin, Eevee, Hydrad, silverspawn, jotheonah, ADK

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive it took 6 to lynch.

(note how the alternate wagon to Xerxes was Eevee, and look who's on Xerxes - Ichi and Hydrad. I forgot about that)

Okay, so if mafia targeted ashersky... I guess it makes some sense. Let's believe that for a moment.

Then comes Night 2. There is no death. Assuming Eevee is town, this means that someone shot Eevee (or SK used town role/mafia shot SK, but I'm not willing to swallow that). Who would shoot Eevee? He was vehemently opposed to the Hydrad wagon, shooting him doesn't really make sense. Why not joth, ashersky, silver... anyone? The SK could shoot Ichi and would be guaranteed to hit a town PR or opposing scum, why not do that?

Ultimately, I don't think a scenario in which Eevee is town makes sense.

Vote: Eevee

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 27, 2014, 11:40:25 am »

Jimmmm could have been shot, and commuted.  SK could have used an ability instead of shooting; that ability could have blocked a Mafia kill. 

I still think Eevee is more likely SK than Mafia.  I was going more Town because of the Roleblocking/Jailkeeping issue, but there is the Strongman thing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: October 27, 2014, 11:42:45 am »

Jimmmm could have been shot, and commuted.  SK could have used an ability instead of shooting; that ability could have blocked a Mafia kill. 

I still think Eevee is more likely SK than Mafia.  I was going more Town because of the Roleblocking/Jailkeeping issue, but there is the Strongman thing.

I think Jimmmmm implicated not having use his shot (we could have him confirm, I guess). I can't imagine why a SK would want to use an ability.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: October 27, 2014, 11:44:26 am »

Jimmm absolutely shouldn't confirm if he's used his shot!!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:50 am »

I think Jimmmmm implicated not having use his shot (we could have him confirm, I guess). I can't imagine why a SK would want to use an ability.

Yeah.. they may have strongly suspected being targeted (shooting or investigated) that night for whatever reason. 

I didn't get the impression that Jimmmm implied one way or the other.

Jimmm, want to share?

Edit: Yeah I can see the point, but maybe it could help us lynch correctly today. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: October 27, 2014, 11:46:23 am »

I guess he can decide whether he should or not.

Regardless, I'd like him to share his thoughts on things.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: October 27, 2014, 11:49:03 am »

I fear if Eevee is not mafia, this game is already lost. So that's kind of my only hope right now.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 16 queries.