Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 90  All

Author Topic: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Serial Killer (ashersky) wins!  (Read 175432 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 51: Silo (Wool) Mafia - Day 3 Start - PM for speccy
« Reply #1775 on: October 22, 2014, 05:09:15 pm »

I have said nothing hurtful, and if you are hurt then you need to approach this game with a thicker skin.

The first part of this quote is untrue.

I believe that you probably didn't say anything with the intention of being hurtful.  That doesn't mean the words you chose weren't hurtful anyway.

If a person is joyriding in their car and accidentally kills your dog, even if they didn't mean to, they still killed your dog, and are culpable for it.  Their intentions didn't matter, the consequences of their actions still belong to them.

The second part of your quote is probably true.  Maybe I need a thicker skin.  Or maybe outside IRL influences/issues affect how fake/in-game issues affect me.  Or maybe I'm just fried from having played so many games.  I don't really have an answer to this.

It doesn't change how I feel, or what/who made me feel it.

Achievement unlocked: Over the top analogy.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 22, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

I have said nothing hurtful, and if you are hurt then you need to approach this game with a thicker skin.

The first part of this quote is untrue.

I believe that you probably didn't say anything with the intention of being hurtful.  That doesn't mean the words you chose weren't hurtful anyway.

If a person is joyriding in their car and accidentally kills your dog, even if they didn't mean to, they still killed your dog, and are culpable for it.  Their intentions didn't matter, the consequences of their actions still belong to them.

The second part of your quote is probably true.  Maybe I need a thicker skin.  Or maybe outside IRL influences/issues affect how fake/in-game issues affect me.  Or maybe I'm just fried from having played so many games.  I don't really have an answer to this.

It doesn't change how I feel, or what/who made me feel it.

What have I said that's hurtful?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 22, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »

Only if they were driving carelessly and/or illegally. If the dog jumped in front of the car giving them no time to stop, it's your fault for not taking better care of your dog.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 22, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »

Anyway, Jimmm, I missed this if you answered it before: is there anything other than the knowledge-at-time-of-claiming argument that makes you think it's Silver over Ichi?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 22, 2014, 05:23:23 pm »

Okay.

Why is Eevee the most likely partner for Ichi?  What about Eevee wanting to bus Ichi now?

D1 and especially D2 voting, mostly.  The end of D2 is pretty damning, even eevee agrees.

He hopes the bus will help him.  Or he doesn't know for sure that he's bussing and wants to on the majority side.

Well, the voting towards Hydrad makes some sense.. the voting towards Ichi is a little less convincing.  (I think.)  Once Traitor!Ichi claims Psych, scum!Eevee knows he's lying and knows he's the traitor.

But does Mafia Goon!Eevee know that Ichi is lying?

I meant being on the mislynch, not the voting Ichi part.

Yes, because Mafia Goon!Eevee knows he got no add-on.  He therefore knows that the setup is Traitor Knows Mafia.  He therefore knows that ..

well I have to go back and double check.  Maybe he doesn't know until the first PR claim (Silver in this case, I think).

Right, Traitor-Knows-Mafia is inconsistent with Psychologist.  Thus, if both Mafia are Goons, they know they're in TKM, and they know the Psychologist claim if false once it comes.  Therefore Ichi must be either Traitor or SK to them.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 22, 2014, 05:24:45 pm »

Actually, even now in this scenario, scum!Eevee can't be sure Ichi isn't SK instead of Traitor, and the Traitor just claimed VT.

So, he doesn't have to be bussing. 

Way to point out that possibility, Eevee :P

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 22, 2014, 05:33:13 pm »

Actually, even now in this scenario, scum!Eevee can't be sure Ichi isn't SK instead of Traitor, and the Traitor just claimed VT.

So the conclusion is that Eevee voting for Ichi isn't worth town points, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 22, 2014, 05:33:51 pm »

Anyway, Jimmm, I missed this if you answered it before: is there anything other than the knowledge-at-time-of-claiming argument that makes you think it's Silver over Ichi?

It's mostly the fact that Psychologist as a fakeclaim in TKM makes absolutely no sense at the time Ichi claimed it, but also just the way silver has approached things. I'm at work at the moment so don't really have time to go back and make a case, but I'll try to when I get time.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 22, 2014, 05:35:02 pm »

Also, for the record, the dog was in the fenced yard, playing fetch with his ten-year old owner, when the joyrider jumped the curb, destroyed the fence, and splattered the dog, spraying blood everywhere.  Then he just drove away.

He may not have intended to do it, but it's definitely his fault.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »

Ok, I'm pretty well convinced Ichi is the lynch today. Is he at L-1?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 22, 2014, 05:36:47 pm »

Also, for the record, the dog was in the fenced yard, playing fetch with his ten-year old owner, when the joyrider jumped the curb, destroyed the fence, and splattered the dog, spraying blood everywhere.  Then he just drove away.

Um.

No.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 22, 2014, 05:38:33 pm »

So the conclusion is that Eevee voting for Ichi isn't worth town points, right?

Well, it seems to be that way, yes.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 22, 2014, 05:39:02 pm »

Ok, I'm pretty well convinced Ichi is the lynch today. Is he at L-1?

Yeah, but he did ask us not to lynch him while he was gone..

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:29 pm »

Okay-doke well Intent to lynch Ichi upon his return.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 22, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »

Okay, musing:

If Jimmm is town, it's Silver or Ichi.  Not considering SK kills for the moment, Mafia would need two mislynches to win.  If I'm lying!Silver or Ichi, I'm pretty much 100% sure that I'm the default lynch for tomorrow if the other guy gets mislynched today.  So, what do I do?  Well, it's better to get that VT mislynch through today, then argue for the other guy for the win tomorrow.  Or, I need to get some suspicion on Jimmmm so that he's a viable lynch tomorrow.

So, who out of Ichi/Silver has been pushing (maybe subtly) for either a VT lynch today or casting suspicion on Jimmmm?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 22, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »

Um.

No.

If you think the driver's is not at fault in this scenario, you should be a defense lawyer making late night television ads.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 22, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »

Okay, musing:

If Jimmm is town, it's Silver or Ichi.  Not considering SK kills for the moment, Mafia would need two mislynches to win.  If I'm lying!Silver or Ichi, I'm pretty much 100% sure that I'm the default lynch for tomorrow if the other guy gets mislynched today.  So, what do I do?  Well, it's better to get that VT mislynch through today, then argue for the other guy for the win tomorrow.  Or, I need to get some suspicion on Jimmmm so that he's a viable lynch tomorrow.

So, who out of Ichi/Silver has been pushing (maybe subtly) for either a VT lynch today or casting suspicion on Jimmmm?

Jimmmmm is town unless there's a real Commuter in hiding.  So, if we think Mafia is pushing a VT lynch today, Mafia is...faust?  Was he pushing the VT idea?

Silver has overtly cast suspicion on Jimmmmm, but is voting for Silver.  Ichi is just voting for Silver.

Joth publically thought through the option of a VT lynch (bigger chance of hitting scum since the SK is in that pool), but has decided on Ichi.

I'm not sure this is a point we can delve into to find scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 22, 2014, 05:59:41 pm »

Um.

No.

If you think the driver's is not at fault in this scenario, you should be a defense lawyer making late night television ads.

Clearly my objection is not based on who would be at fault in that scenario, but the use of that scenario.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:39 pm »

Um.

No.

Clearly my objection is not based on who would be at fault in that scenario, but the use of that scenario.

I was just expanding in response to WW's "acheivement" joke.  I wasn't being serious.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 22, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

Um.

No.

I was just expanding in response to WW's "acheivement" joke.  I wasn't being serious.

No worries.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 22, 2014, 06:05:02 pm »

Okay, musing:

Jimmmmm is town unless there's a real Commuter in hiding.  So, if we think Mafia is pushing a VT lynch today, Mafia is...faust?  Was he pushing the VT idea?

Silver has overtly cast suspicion on Jimmmmm, but is voting for Silver.  Ichi is just voting for Silver.

Joth publically thought through the option of a VT lynch (bigger chance of hitting scum since the SK is in that pool), but has decided on Ichi.

I'm not sure this is a point we can delve into to find scum.

Well, maybe, but I was really looking at Silver and Ichi.  Silver casting suspicion on Jimmmm may be to try to set the place for another mislynch tomorrow if Ichi is mislynched today.  Additionally, wasn't Silver arguing to consider a VT lynch as well?

Did Ichi say anything about Jimmmm, or about lynching from the VT's?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 22, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

You know what, it's so, so unfair to say that you don't like how I play and you don't like me, but you won't tell me why. I'm guilty for what? Quoting ash without  keeping the whole quote in? Not being okay with him accusing me of personally attacking him?

You asked for it. Here why I find you dislikable in this game.

Here's what I'm thinking.

Ichi was the first person to actually claim a PR. If he is scum, then the add on is Traitor Knows Mafia/SK.
If this is the case, then it's reasonable to assume that Ichi is the Traitor, since he would then have the most information and be in the best position to make a logical claim.
If Ichi was the Traitor, then he would know that we have either Column 3 or Row 3.
If we have Column 3, Psychologist is a believable claim since from a Neutral point of view with the other claims, we could have Row 4.
But if we have Row 3, there is in fact no logical fake claim, and a Psychologist claim would quickly be found out against the three real claims.

If he was instead the SK, he would know we have either Column 2, Column 3 or Row 1. This would make Psychologist a reasonable claim for scum trying to mess up ICs, but not so good for a SK trying to stay alive.

So if Ichi is scum then he didn't have enough information to know that his claim wouldn't immediately be caught out.

If, on the other hand, silver is scum and knew that the Mafia knew the Traitor, then he'd know we have either Row 4 or Column 2, neither of which would immediately out a fakeclaimed JK.

In summary, Ichi didn't have enough information to make a safe (at least safe enough to not be immediately outed) fakeclaim, while silver did.

Vote: silverspawn

This was the first thing that frustrated me. why? because the presentation is lacking so much. you just write "this and that and stuff and because of that it's things"  and expect anyone else to grind through the setup to understand it. compare that to ash's posts, which explain everything in detail, post a copy of the setup, highlight parts, and generally make it so everyone has an easy time following them. with your post, you are just forcing us to invest a considerable amount of time into understanding your points, instead of investing time yourself to explain them better.

ash, that's a big wall of posts for a very wrong conclusion.

Based on this, I believe there is only one scenario where Ichimaru Gin fakeclaims Psychologist, and that is as the Mafia Traitor in a TKM setup.

False.

If Ichi was a Mafia Traitor in a TKM setup, he knew that the Town PRs are either Commuter, JK and Detective (Column 3) or BP, JK and Bodyguard (Row 3). In the case of Column 3, which we now know is the real one if Ichi is lying, then he's fine, Psychologist is a safe claim.

But in the case of Row 3, Psychologist would be an absolutely disastrous claim. The four claims would then be BP, JK, Bodyguard and Psychologist, and there are no possible setups which have a Psychologist and two of the others - the only possible setup with these four claims is Row 3, which excludes Psychologist.

So a Traitor in TKM would absolutely not claim Psychologist without more information about what other roles are present.

ash arguing otherwise is extremely scummy.

And this. As I just said (and said before), ash's setup analysis posts were great. you don't acknowledge that at all. If I were ash, this line alone

ash, that's a big wall of posts for a very wrong conclusion.

Would have hurt my feelings. You can argue all you want that it was directed at his posts, not at him, but that doesn't change the fact that it would have legitimately hurt me. Why is the "very" in there. Why do you have to reference his posts as "a big wall of text". That's just so incredibly inappropriate. and than the last line:

ash arguing otherwise is extremely scummy

just comes off as really arrogant. and towards ash, that's saying something. Honestly, I think this is almost blatant disrespect for his skill. If you posted such an answer to one of my posts, I would not be offended, because I'm new at mafia. I think it's comparable to when I post a game analysis of dominion and then you come and say "false."

And to clarify, I'm not saying that you need to be super careful not to be insulting every time you disagree with ash on something mafia related. Don't pull this out of context. It all depends on the specific case. You could have said something like "Mh... I don't think that's right. If .... " and then made your point. And for the last line, you could have said "I actually think that ash arguing otherwise is extremely scummy." That would have conveyed an equal amount of information. And ash didn't even address you before, you really have no excuse for being so rude.

So it was a 1 in 5 chance he gets caught immediately.

Wrong. In the even of a massclaim Today, which had already been proposed, he had a 1 in 2 chance of being automatically lynched Today, and a 1 in 2 chance of being part of a 1 scum in 3. That's a 1 in 3 chance of surviving the Day. Scum don't willingly give themselves a 1 in 3 chance of surviving.

same thing again. start an answer with "wrong."

I am arguing that, AT THE TIME OF HIS CLAIM, he made the safest claim he could if he is a Traitor in TKM.

Wrong. The safest claim would be VT. Another safer option would be withhold claiming entirely, especially since (if I remember the timing rightly) I had already proposed a massclaim and probably seemed fairly likely to claim willingly.

Okay, I should have written out "safest PR fake claim he could make" instead of just claim.  But now you are just making arguments to try to belittle me, and I don't appreciate it.  You knew exactly what I mean when I wrote it in the context of my entire post.  But you pulled out a single line and make a statement such as yours to try and make me look stupid and idiotic.  Thanks.

Civility remember. Don't try to make things personal when they're not.

My point is valid - if scum he didn't have to claim a PR, and he certainly didn't have to claim when he did.

And this. What happened here is, ash posted something, he was slightly unspecific about a small thing that was clear from the context anyway, you are quoting this part and giving a response, completely unnecessary in my mind.

I like ash's response though. I think it's just as offensive as it is appropriate here, and this part

You knew exactly what I mean when I wrote it in the context of my entire post.  But you pulled out a single line and make a statement such as yours to try and make me look stupid and idiotic.  Thanks.

is just nailing it. That's exactly what happened.

And then... the first thing in your response is "Civility remember".

Just. why. i... omfg. i hate this kind of arguing. you are making a comment that's unnecessary, and easily offensive, ash answers in an honest way, and you immediately pull the civility card, just because his post happens to be more outside of the civility pledge. I actually respect people who don't try to hide themselves behind the pledge by smoothing their syntax in a way that avoids stepping over specific rules, but instead just say what they want to say. because, whether or not a post is "legal" according to a stupid civility pledge doesn't tell you anything about how offending it really is. you can hurt others plenty without stepping beyond the pledge, and in fact, I think you did that several times. Hiding behind the pledge after making these kinds of posts is just pathetic. And I'm sorry, but that's the only word that honestly reflects my feelings here.

I don't want to grind through the whole discussion, that would take a long time, let's just say that there is more.

But then, after the discussion, you are like "hey, I didn't do anything wrong, how can you side with ash here?" I already said this, I'll say it again, this is absurd. If someone is having a heated argument, how likely do you think it is that he doesn't consider himself having acted morally superior? I'm almost 100% sure that ash thought that. and yet, did he try to influence us into disliking you? no. he didn't.

Also, why are you forcing me to write this. What good could possibly come from me explaining why exactly I don't like you. I was just being honest, and it was a fact relevant to the game. Saying "I don't like you" is not an Insult, it's Honesty.

I don't back down from discussions though. You requested an answer, so here it is.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 22, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »

phone posting.  no one hammer right away please. I'll be home and at my computer within the hour.

EVERYONE CHILL OUT!

seriously, there has definitely been some stuff that I think violates civility--and not from Jimmmmm either.  it looks like he and ash are good now, but now silver's starting in again.

it's OK not to try and have the last word guys.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 22, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »

phone posting.  no one hammer right away please. I'll be home and at my computer within the hour.

So you're good with a hammer as long as it isn't right away?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 22, 2014, 06:52:55 pm »

People are making sense with this "silver is lining up the mislynches" thing.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 90  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.