Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211701 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #550 on: March 20, 2020, 11:51:16 am »

Back to phone posting.

How is 2/13 in anyway indicative of your amazing powers of deduction regarding the mods’ flavor item definitions?  If 2/13 was really the basis for your statement, you were exaggerating at best and misleading at worst.  Either way, anti-town.

Is it anti-town to, in this way, reveal that he has shared his PR with Glooble and vice-versa? Because that's effectively what he did.

No, that reveal, nor the share with Glooble, we in and of themselves anti-town.

Authoritarian edicts that his beliefs about the meanings behind made-up flavor items possibly pushing players in bad directions is.

And my made up item and the role it connects runs directly contrary to his statement.

The actual truth is that two mods just made stuff up for the fun of this game.  There is no clairvoyance, no higher intelligence, nor no method to the madness to codebreak.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 20, 2020, 11:52:22 am »

Back to phone posting.

How is 2/13 in anyway indicative of your amazing powers of deduction regarding the mods’ flavor item definitions?  If 2/13 was really the basis for your statement, you were exaggerating at best and misleading at worst.  Either way, anti-town.

but his argument wasn't that he was amazing. he was countering shraeye's argument that anyone who claimed to have a good idea what any items did was "clairvoyant"
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:46 am »

Also, no way we waste a lynch on 2.7.  So many possibilities at night with a claimed vig, which messes with mafia minds. If the faust-bandages-doctor-magic exists, they can cast doubt on a scum shot in that direction.  A few NKs can lead to confusion and fun, too.

2.7, definitely shoot.

If 2.7 ends up as the likely lynch, I offer up myself in his place.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 20, 2020, 11:55:38 am »

Also, no way we waste a lynch on 2.7.  So many possibilities at night with a claimed vig, which messes with mafia minds. If the faust-bandages-doctor-magic exists, they can cast doubt on a scum shot in that direction.  A few NKs can lead to confusion and fun, too.

2.7, definitely shoot.

but i think you're town?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 20, 2020, 11:58:02 am »

Back to phone posting.

but his argument wasn't that he was amazing. he was countering shraeye's argument that anyone who claimed to have a good idea what any items did was "clairvoyant"

He was countering that by saying he had a good idea without being clairvoyant. But then his evidence was guessing 13 and knowing two items and then just assuming all of his guesses were correct?   And that is a sensible conclusion to draw?

Hey, I can name two states (regions?) of Germany correctly.  That means all the guesses I make for the other ones are definitely correct.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 20, 2020, 11:59:02 am »

2.7, definitely shoot.

but i think you're town?

No you don’t?  Like, you literally started my wagon, didn’t you?  You definitely were the only player to make a case (which I explained and you were happy I understood).

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 20, 2020, 12:01:29 pm »

2.7, definitely shoot.

but i think you're town?

No you don’t?  Like, you literally started my wagon, didn’t you?  You definitely were the only player to make a case (which I explained and you were happy I understood).

yeah i got frustrated and voted you but push comes to shove i don't really think you're scum. i just disagree with you.

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 20, 2020, 12:40:52 pm »

So, while I am still against the thought that round claim was a positive, since 13/16 already have, I'm no longer convinced that it's beneficial to hold on to it. So I'm willing to reveal - I was a 2nd rounder.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 20, 2020, 12:49:40 pm »

So, while I am still against the thought that round claim was a positive, since 13/16 already have, I'm no longer convinced that it's beneficial to hold on to it. So I'm willing to reveal - I was a 2nd rounder.

well that's interesting.

so either scola is lying, e is lying, or i read shraeye's implications wrong.

because there's no way scola is #1 and a 2nd rounder AND e is #2 and a first rounder, that's just impossible by the rules.

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 20, 2020, 12:52:29 pm »

well that's interesting.

because there's no way scola is #1 and a 2nd rounder AND e is #2 and a first rounder, that's just impossible by the rules.

Yeah, I was about to also say that I wasn't #1, but thought it was more fun to leave that implied. :)

(I hope doing that is not in itself seen as scummy)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 20, 2020, 12:53:55 pm »

well that's interesting.

Yeah, I was about to also say that I wasn't #1, but thought it was more fun to leave that implied. :)

(I hope doing that is not in itself seen as scummy)

all right, cool

now i'm wondering what shraeye's cryptic comment could mean. i'mma go search it out to remind myself.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 20, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »

You will when we're done, because ash has promised to explain.
And when we're done revealing everybody's draft number, I'll explain how that leads to actual scumhunting instead of just "now ash knows which items aren't used" or some other bizarrely specific, clairvoyance-dependent, unhelpful information

I can't tell how that helps other than scum's going to kill whoever was #1. Can you come up with a way to claim in "groups", like top 4, bottom 4, etc. that still helps "actual scumhunting"?
Nope.  But I CAN promise that scum won't kill #1.

yeah it's this

idk how shraeye can promise that unless he's #1, scum with #1, or bulletproof

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 20, 2020, 12:58:40 pm »

You will when we're done, because ash has promised to explain.
And when we're done revealing everybody's draft number, I'll explain how that leads to actual scumhunting instead of just "now ash knows which items aren't used" or some other bizarrely specific, clairvoyance-dependent, unhelpful information

I can't tell how that helps other than scum's going to kill whoever was #1. Can you come up with a way to claim in "groups", like top 4, bottom 4, etc. that still helps "actual scumhunting"?
Nope.  But I CAN promise that scum won't kill #1.

yeah it's this

idk how shraeye can promise that unless he's #1, scum with #1, or bulletproof

Scum won't kill #1 because scum IS #1. Uuuuuuh, how would he know this, no idea. You'd think it would be about the scola scumread, but I guess not.

I don't think it's pro-town to discuss this any further, but I don't know.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 20, 2020, 12:59:39 pm »

Scum won't kill #1 because scum IS #1. Uuuuuuh, how would he know this, no idea. You'd think it would be about the scola scumread, but I guess not.

if shraeye knows #1 is scum, how could it not be pro-town to discuss this?

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 20, 2020, 01:00:57 pm »

Discussing how he knows isn't pro-town. Or something...I also think doing a draft order claim first is better than this. Which I am now fine with.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 20, 2020, 01:02:07 pm »

Discussing how he knows isn't pro-town. Or something...I also think doing a draft order claim first is better than this. Which I am now fine with.

you know what, I might agree with you.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 20, 2020, 01:06:58 pm »

If we're doing this I also have a way to organize: 1st round claims first, then 2nd round. This seems correct, who's with me?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 20, 2020, 01:07:16 pm »

if we do claim, i propose claiming in reverse draft order. starting with #15, since Ashersky has already claimed #16.

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 20, 2020, 01:29:27 pm »

Back to phone posting.

Also please, enlighten us now so we can see just how great you are after the game is done and we can see the mod info.  Otherwise and until then, we can just ignore your statement as your ego talking.
I was not intending any of this as an indicator for my awesomeness, but rather as a rebuttal to shraeye's position that we can't know what the items do. It's enough to guess a single item right in order to that position to be disproven.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 20, 2020, 01:30:30 pm »

vote: e
Going for bow and arrow (almost certainly a vig) would be a great move as scum.

It would. Which is why I took that option away from them

Did you...not want it just for the sake of it?

I mean, yeah. Of course. But that wasn't my only thought going for it
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 20, 2020, 01:31:41 pm »

Back to phone posting.

He was countering that by saying he had a good idea without being clairvoyant. But then his evidence was guessing 13 and knowing two items and then just assuming all of his guesses were correct?   And that is a sensible conclusion to draw?

Hey, I can name two states (regions?) of Germany correctly.  That means all the guesses I make for the other ones are definitely correct.
I wasn't assuming that I got all of them right, I am not suggesting that every item is guessable, I have never said what you put in my mouth.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 20, 2020, 01:31:55 pm »

Back to phone posting.

Also please, enlighten us now so we can see just how great you are after the game is done and we can see the mod info.  Otherwise and until then, we can just ignore your statement as your ego talking.
I was not intending any of this as an indicator for my awesomeness, but rather as a rebuttal to shraeye's position that we can't know what the items do. It's enough to guess a single item right in order to that position to be disproven.

Not really, because you probably picked the item that you were most confident in its ability. So there's some bias there.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 20, 2020, 01:34:01 pm »

What changed your mind?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 20, 2020, 01:35:22 pm »

Back to phone posting.

Not really, because you probably picked the item that you were most confident in its ability. So there's some bias there.
Generally speaking it helps me more to go for an item that I'm not so sure what it does, because if I get it and get to know it then I have more information.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 20, 2020, 01:41:42 pm »

i think this game in particular is proving to be a fascinating personality test.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.