Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11  All

Author Topic: Start A Conversation!  (Read 56753 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
Re: Start A Conversation!
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2013, 07:29:10 pm »

Umm, Office I just forgot to put on the list.  I watched it all and I think the finale made me tear up.

30 Rock I haven't gotten into either, that could go on the "someday" list.

I forgot another anime/manga that I'm watching -- Attack on Titan.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »

Just finished watching the new episode of New Tricks (introducing Tamzin Outhwaite as the new boss of UCOS), I thought it was pretty good, and introduced the new character in a pretty big way. Having replaced two of the four main characters this season, it's felt a little stop-start (almost half of the series being either someone's last or first episode), but this episode I felt really hit the ground running with the new character.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »

Spongebob.
It teaches life lessons like "I'm ugly and I'm proud!"
Also, "My leg!"

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12876
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2013, 01:00:44 am »

I just finished watching Tari Tari, was pretty good but not a masterpiece. Next I'm going to watch Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Favorite show is either Puella Magi Madoka Magica or the Monogatari series, it's difficult to decide between them. Other shows that come close are Girls und Panzer and Sora no Woto.

I haven't really gotten into western TV shows, but sometimes I watch various German detective shows if I happen to enter the living room while my parents are watching them.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2013, 09:26:23 am »

I'm using Hulu Plus to catch up on some shows. Right now in the queue are Twin Peaks (but how could Hulu Plus not also offer Fire Walk with Me?), the IT Crowd, and whatever Doctor Who I missed from the BBC marathons (nothing prior to the Ninth Doctor, sadly). I will very likely watch Torchwood on Hulu Plus eventually. There is a surge of BBC shows on Hulu Plus right now.
A man has no signature

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2013, 11:55:34 am »

Day 8!
~Music~

Personally, I have pretty much zero instrumental talent xD My sisters play a lot of violin, piano, etc. But I just prefer to listen to music.

I am told though I have good taste in music, or that I'm a good singer. I have around five (out of eleven) followers on spotify that I don't even know.. So I'm guessing that says something? :P
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »

Day 8!
~Music~

Personally, I have pretty much zero instrumental talent xD My sisters play a lot of violin, piano, etc. But I just prefer to listen to music.

I am told though I have good taste in music, or that I'm a good singer. I have around five (out of eleven) followers on spotify that I don't even know.. So I'm guessing that says something? :P
I play the drums and other percussion, the cello, the guitar, the piano and the melodica. And sometimes the bass if I have to, but I suck at it. I also sing and hum-stle (whistling and humming simultaneously, resulting in a two-tone voice), but I prefer working with a singer who is primarily a singer if possible, especially for extreme metal vocals.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of iwrestledabearonce and Maximum The Hormone (especially their 2013 albums).

Now playing: Joakim Berghäll: Dialogues I
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »

Day 8!
~Music~

I play the drums and other percussion, the cello, the guitar, the piano and the melodica. And sometimes the bass if I have to, but I suck at it. I also sing and hum-stle (whistling and humming simultaneously, resulting in a two-tone voice), but I prefer working with a singer who is primarily a singer if possible, especially for extreme metal vocals.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of iwrestledabearonce and Maximum The Hormone (especially their 2013 albums).

Now playing: Joakim Berghäll: Dialogues I
Jeeze! You've got more skill than I do, that's definite.

On terms of favorite bands, it used to be Linkin Park, but since they started colossally sucking, I have moved over to Daft Punk.
My favorite song ever, at this point, is Instant Crush, which is in Daft Punk's new album.
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »

I play the violin.

I like many bands, at the top probably the Beatles.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 04:18:30 pm »

Music is awesome. Definitely a high-quality human endeavor in my opinion. I played French Horn throughout grade school, but nowadays I mostly play piano/keyboard/accordion. I also sang in an a cappella group in college, which was loads of fun.

I love listening to music of all kinds, but I have a particular fondness for classical music and classic rock. The Beatles definitely rank really high up there.

I also love music theory. I could talk all day about music theory but I ramble enough as it is.

Was there any doubt that I was going to allude to a stupid computer project of some kind? Two years ago I attempted to write a music-composing program, which was a very fun and interesting challenge. Well, it didn't quite meet my expectations, but it did generate some good stuff before I got bored with it. Someday I'll try again. Attached are three short clips of some of my favorite outputs.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 04:21:12 pm »

I wish I could find a free or cheap program that would let me program in the notes and play it back.

I would have found it handy while practicing a song when I don't have an accompanist. I have a keyboard and can pluck out notes, but I can't do it very quickly.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »
+1

I wish I could find a free or cheap program that would let me program in the notes and play it back.

I would have found it handy while practicing a song when I don't have an accompanist. I have a keyboard and can pluck out notes, but I can't do it very quickly.
I recommend the demo version of FL Studio, if saving and loading a project file isn't important (you still can export an audio file). You can't fully load projects you have saved, but that's the only limitation for the demo, there isn't even a time limit.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2013, 06:40:12 pm »

I am not all that good with it.

I enjoy Irish of any tipe, Punk, powermetal.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2013, 07:10:22 pm »

I play a little drums, although not too much - mostly it's just when there's something on at church and they want a drummer. But I've been told that for my level of experience and confidence I'm unusually good at keeping rhythm... which is something I'd have thought would be near-perfect for any drummer anyway? I dunno really.

Anyway music wise I listen to a few interesting bands. Linking with the time travel theme we had I sometimes listen to some Alex Day, who's parodied(?) various Doctor Who episodes in song.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2013, 07:26:32 pm »

I can play hand drums alright, like the djembe or the cajon, but I cannot at all play an actual drum set.  I just fail at coordinating my limbs.  I can do really simple beats, that's it, and I'll mess up really easily especially if I try to use my feet for anything.

I took piano lessons up to ~grade 5 but I haven't played in ages and can't really do it anymore.  At least I can still read music (albeit rather slowly now).  I never really wanted to take piano, but parents enrolled my sister and I, then they bought a piano... and then my sister quit.  So I felt like I had to keep it up.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2013, 04:32:14 am »

I play piano and am fairly good at it (watch my youtube videos if you want to see), and am taking voice lessons now.  I am ~grade 7 on the piano, and have a bass voice.

My favorite band is Steam Powered Giraffe.

I think I've mentioned most of this before in other parts of the forums...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2013, 04:47:08 am »

I play piano and am fairly good at it (watch my youtube videos if you want to see), and am taking voice lessons now.  I am ~grade 7 on the piano, and have a bass voice.

My favorite band is Steam Powered Giraffe.

I think I've mentioned most of this before in other parts of the forums...
you introduced me to steam powered giraffe.  They are pretty great :)  I played piano for 8 or 9 years, but I never practiced much.  It was a vicious cylce: I didn't like practicing because I thought piano was hard and it took me forever to learn things so I wasn't motivated to practice, but to fix this I could have just practiced... sigh... I can still pull out "don't stop believing" at parties though

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2013, 09:55:12 am »

Anyone into The Magnetic Fields?  Or Belle and Sebastian?

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2013, 11:07:48 am »

Day 9!
~Food~

Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna

(20th post.. No regrets.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:10:31 am by BoxOfDOG »

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:03 am »

Day 9!
~Food~

Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna Lasagna

(20th post.. No regrets.)

I pretty much agree to this, word to word.

I can have (preferably my mom's) lasagna for breakfast, lunch and dinner, pretty much every day of the week.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2013, 11:56:15 am »
+1

You know what's even better than lasagna?

Lasagna leftovers the next day.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2013, 11:56:40 am »

Lasagna is a really fine dish.

My wife is getting a job at the company I work at, so now there will be some really good food days. She made a batch of no-bake cookies for her soon-to-be-ex-site of employment, and I couldn't bring any here. Once she starts up here, then I can fatten my co-workers.
A man has no signature

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2013, 12:20:09 pm »
+4

I seem to survive on a diet of cereal and pizza. Like I pretty much have no other food in the house, and I'm not even beginning to consider this an issue.

But it's okay, because Pizza is a vegetable.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2013, 12:20:36 pm »

Lasagna is great, and since being in France I hve come to appreciate food (especially bread) even more.  So much good food...

Anyways, traveling in time again
Anyone into The Magnetic Fields?  Or Belle and Sebastian?
I have heard of the magnetic fields because one of my favorite groups, The Airborne Toxic Event, covered The Book of Love on their live album, but I don't know anything else about them...

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2013, 12:50:24 pm »

I actually don't like lasagna that much.

Now, for a list of foods I don't like that others freak out when they hear I don't like them:

- Cookies (and yes, this DOES include Oreos)
- Cake
- Pie
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.