Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 238809 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #1525 on: October 05, 2017, 03:51:38 am »

There is one more thing about Teproc that bothers me now. I will go back and put together all my problems with him.

Where's the O case?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 05, 2017, 03:53:41 am »

Eevee* going for Tracker at slot 13

That spot had candidate cop and tracker. Tracker is useful to town, whereas for scum it's only use is to appear townie. Candidate cop is a really weak role in my opinion.

Tracker is strong enough that town wants it in play. Draft position 13 is a great place to make sure the role is in play, but I don't think that role is a priority for town to jump at. I really like eevee going for it at 13. Working for town utility not just random town knowledge.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 05, 2017, 03:57:01 am »

Yeah, I said "goon" not "VT" - I meant the same thing. Vanilla whatever
[/quote
Yay you. SO you think I'm the Poisoner? You think I put myself completely unnecessarily in a position that gives much more spotlight to me?

Maybe not the poisoner. Scums entire game revolves around the poisoner. I think scum bid 3,4,5,8,15. They wanted that poisoner role. I think you are the second line of defense behind iguana.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 05, 2017, 03:57:45 am »

That spot had candidate cop and tracker. Tracker is useful to town, whereas for scum it's only use is to appear townie. Candidate cop is a really weak role in my opinion.

Tracker is strong enough that town wants it in play. Draft position 13 is a great place to make sure the role is in play, but I don't think that role is a priority for town to jump at. I really like eevee going for it at 13. Working for town utility not just random town knowledge.

Candidate Cop is arguably just as valuable to SK as Mother.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 05, 2017, 03:57:49 am »

Yay you. SO you think I'm the Poisoner? You think I put myself completely unnecessarily in a position that gives much more spotlight to me?

Maybe not the poisoner. Scums entire game revolves around the poisoner. I think scum bid 3,4,5,8,15. They wanted that poisoner role. I think you are the second line of defense behind iguana.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: October 05, 2017, 03:59:47 am »

Given that mother has a 1/3 chance of immediately giving you all the candidates if you don't already, I think you're actually just straight wrong.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 05, 2017, 04:00:21 am »

There is one more thing about Teproc that bothers me now. I will go back and put together all my problems with him.

Where's the O case?

It's important that there be a case on both of you, yes. You're either both town or both scum.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 05, 2017, 04:00:44 am »

So why didn't LaLight take it? It is a role valuable to only one person. Plus, it would be a delayed kill for SM. Investigate, then kill. Too slow. SM had other more pressing concerns

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 05, 2017, 04:01:00 am »

Given that mother has a 1/3 chance of immediately giving you all the candidates if you don't already, I think you're actually just straight wrong.

Ah, you're correct. I wasn't thinking Mother as Candidate.

Mafia Record:

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 05, 2017, 04:01:56 am »

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 05, 2017, 04:03:35 am »

Where's the O case?

It's important that there be a case on both of you, yes. You're either both town or both scum.

And it's somewhat curious that you're the only one who even half-assedly attempted one. Curious on the other people, that is. I guess one of the guilty parties is Qvist tho, who is probsTown anyways.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 05, 2017, 04:06:25 am »

Looking at Teproc again. I'm trying to keep this on point.

1. The D1 start is only theory talk about the Poisoner claim. Regardless of whether that was a good thing or not, theory talk makes it easier for scum to get into the game.

2. iguana claims right on Teproc's say-so. There are a lot of reasons for scum to do this. The Poisoner is going to look scummy once people flip as poisoned because those people will not be scum. It isn't hard to imagine that scum thought they could not keep a Poisoner hidden. Then of course, orchestrating the claim like this is ideal. It is of course possible that iguana thought of this clever ploy without coordination, but it is unlikely - not because I don't trust iguana to have that idea, but because it's dangerous to drop this on your partners without discussing it first. If scum is prepared to claim, then sure they want to do it.

2. This is what is bothering me also: The only mention at all that Teproc makes of O during D1 through D3 is this:
faust is not going for any of the main wagons AND fighting with O ? Another player looking townie and making me want to lynch the people who are not.
There is no connection between the two of them, at least none I can see from Teproc's posts (I haven't reread O yet). Teproc is a candidate. Teproc is active. Town!Teproc would know he is a likely kill candidate. Masons would know that they need to make sure their partner is cleared when they die. Teproc did no such thing, which makes me strongly doubt his sincerity.

3. This is kind of a minor point, but he starts the LaLight wagon and then jumps off when it grows. This is the kind of behaviour I expect from scum who thinks LaLight will flip town.

4. His claim right away gives scum maximum influence on the claiming order but keeps as much as possible in the dark. They can put their remaining partner wherever in the claiming order suits them best.

Vote: Teproc

PPE: 11
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 05, 2017, 04:07:03 am »

Where's the O case?
If you can prove that you are town, I will reconsider my Teproc read.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 05, 2017, 04:08:24 am »

Where's the O case?

It's more like you're on a suicide train to get lynched regardless, and I'm just hoping you're scum at this point.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 05, 2017, 04:08:32 am »

What? You just said you expect me to take iguana's bid, which implies I'm the Posioner. At least make up your mind as to what you're accusing me of.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 05, 2017, 04:10:18 am »

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that
Why those numbers? You do realize that 3 is actually a worse bid than 42 in term of which number comes first?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 05, 2017, 04:10:50 am »

What? You just said you expect me to take iguana's bid, which implies I'm the Posioner. At least make up your mind as to what you're accusing me of.

Iguana takes poisoner bid, you take iguana bid, poisoner takes your bid.

It's not hard to coordinate N0, and provides multiple layers of protection on the poisoner

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 05, 2017, 04:11:21 am »

Where's the O case?

It's more like you're on a suicide train to get lynched regardless, and I'm just hoping you're scum at this point.
Ah right so you don't have to justify any reads at all anymore. Proving you are town isn't going very well so far.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 05, 2017, 04:11:30 am »

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that
Why those numbers? You do realize that 3 is actually a worse bid than 42 in term of which number comes first?

Yes. If 42 is unique.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:04 am »

Where's the O case?

Ah right so you don't have to justify any reads at all anymore. Proving you are town isn't going very well so far.

Not for you it isn't.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:12 am »

It's not hard to coordinate N0, and provides multiple layers of protection on the poisoner
Doesn't that expose all 3 of the scum if the Poisoner dies?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:41 am »

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that

Yes. If 42 is unique.
No, also if both are unique.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 05, 2017, 04:13:29 am »

Why did nobody take Day Vig. :( This is the situation it's actually useful.

Mafia Record:

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 05, 2017, 04:13:56 am »

Doesn't that expose all 3 of the scum if the Poisoner dies?

Does it? Well, maybe that plan wouldn't work. Then yeah! You are the poisoner! Awesome

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 05, 2017, 04:14:25 am »

Why did nobody take Day Vig. :( This is the situation it's actually useful.

There are still people who haven't claimed
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.