Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 238816 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #1425 on: October 04, 2017, 03:32:28 pm »

Also, that whole shutting down of conversation to quicklynch is townie since iguana was scum

I'm constantly surprised, but you'll find that this isn't a consensus opinion. I will say that, while I agree people shouldn't say much on days where the lynch is obvious, there is a cost for not waiting for everyone to show up: gkrieg might have claimed for example.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 04, 2017, 03:33:17 pm »

Alternatively, faust, instead of proving why you are town, prove why my PoE is bad...i.e...why the masons are scum
Why don't you tell me why they are town? I mean I can tell you why I think Teproc is scum, and that is because of his early collaboration with iguana and because of how he tried to shut down all discussion D3 based on a super flimsy edge-case scenario.

LaLight was the person who proposed that the poisoner claim I believe. You advocated to not lynch iguana. Try again

I did propose the POisoner claim.

I still think it was beneficial for town btw. We got a free scum lynch out of it. It increased our odds of actually lynching the Poisoner, and didn't decrease our odds of lynching scum since iguana was a Candidate anyway and wouldn'"t have been lynched. It might have messed some PRs up, but so far it doesn't look like it.

I guess it can't have increased our odds of lynching the Poisoner by that logic, but it didn't decrease them in any case.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 04, 2017, 03:33:38 pm »

Alternatively, faust, instead of proving why you are town, prove why my PoE is bad...i.e...why the masons are scum
Why don't you tell me why they are town? I mean I can tell you why I think Teproc is scum, and that is because of his early collaboration with iguana and because of how he tried to shut down all discussion D3 based on a super flimsy edge-case scenario.

LaLight was the person who proposed that the poisoner claim I believe. You advocated to not lynch iguana. Try again

I did propose the POisoner claim.

I still think it was beneficial for town btw. We got a free scum lynch out of it. It increased our odds of actually lynching the Poisoner, and didn't decrease our odds of lynching scum since iguana was a Candidate anyway and wouldn'"t have been lynched. It might have messed some PRs up, but so far it doesn't look like it.

Oh, ok. I still think my claiming plan was better than your poisoner claim.

Also, faust wanted to pull out the 2- shot redirector along with the poisoner
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 04, 2017, 03:34:49 pm »

Yes, and the Redirector turned out to be town, whaddayaknow.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:28 pm »

I kind of don't understand why skum!Faust would fight this so hard. Like Galz said, he had like the perfect set up for the situation...
It is a "week long day", the hell good is "stalling" going to do in this situation.

I think that he should claim, as I think everyone should claim. However, I am not opposed to the order be dictated by the most likely Town player, which I believe to be Qivst at this point.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 04, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »

Right, re: Poisoner claiming. Think about it.

Scum had the plan of "we'll have our Goon claim #1 in the draft and Poisoner, which he can argue was to block it from town and if he fails to convince people, well at least we didn't lynch our poisoner".

Why would they want iguana to claim D1 exactly ? I'm truly curious why you think that is faust ? The direct result of that claim was that we lynched iguana on D3. Now granted, that does mean we didn't lynch the poisoner on D3 which, if there had been no claiming at all, we would have had a chance to... but based on what ? We would have nothing more to go on than we ended up having, since our (well, you know) investigative powers didn't go for iguana anyway.

So having the poisoner claim on D1 meant we gave up a tiny chance of lynching the poisoner on D3 in exchange for the certainty of a scum lynch. Poisoner is integral to scum's gameplan, true, but I don't think that's such a good deal for scum that your suspicion of me in the face of what would be very improbably Mason fakeclaim is warranted.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 04, 2017, 03:44:28 pm »

It's possible scum didn't have that plan and iguana brilliantly improvised it, I suppose, but then I don't see why me proposing it is scummy either.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:59 pm »

Before we let Qvist reorder, I think we should get input from all 9/10 of us to see whether or not we should force Faust to go with this order under threat of lynch.

But yeah, I agree with faust. This is unnecessary. faust just needs to claim

Agree with O? Current sentence doesn't parse.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 04, 2017, 03:46:32 pm »

I kind of don't understand why skum!Faust would fight this so hard. Like Galz said, he had like the perfect set up for the situation...
It is a "week long day", the hell good is "stalling" going to do in this situation.

I think that he should claim, as I think everyone should claim. However, I am not opposed to the order be dictated by the most likely Town player, which I believe to be Qivst at this point.

See, it's working for him.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 04, 2017, 03:48:44 pm »

Before we let Qvist reorder, I think we should get input from all 9/10 of us to see whether or not we should force Faust to go with this order under threat of lynch.

But yeah, I agree with faust. This is unnecessary. faust just needs to claim

Agree with O? Current sentence doesn't parse.

It was more in reaction to faust's next post where he asked for a majority of people to agree that we need a majority of people to....etc. at some point you don't need consensus, you need action. That's what I was going for

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 04, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »

Please everyone give their input on whether we should force O to not force me to claim!

This post ^^

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »

Stalling is still a thing on week-long days, by the way. We're all here and engaged right now. We might not be in two days. I know I'll be V/LA this week-end, and people are generally less active then. The longer the claiming process takes, the better for scum. I mean this is lylo, we can't afford to have a rushed lynch.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:05 pm »

And bear in mind that faust, if he's scum, could be relatively fine with being lynched if he's not the Poisoner. So yeah, it's not hard for me at all to envision scum!faust narratives here. It's certainly not hard to see town ones as well, certainly.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:40 pm »

Stalling is still a thing on week-long days, by the way. We're all here and engaged right now. We might not be in two days. I know I'll be V/LA this week-end, and people are generally less active then. The longer the claiming process takes, the better for scum. I mean this is lylo, we can't afford to have a rushed lynch.

Fair enough. I do not understand how the order is being picked completely, but if it helps I volunteer to go next if it helps keep things moving or whatever.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 04, 2017, 04:06:50 pm »

Fair enough. I do not understand how the order is being picked completely, but if it helps I volunteer to go next if it helps keep things moving or whatever.

Mostly in order of most scummy to least, though obviously we put Space and Eevee first because there was already a claiming situation there, and also it was a consensus between two people with different reads. If you want to claim earlier, you're free to do so, but you should consider how much the information you'd be giving away may help scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: October 04, 2017, 04:07:55 pm »

10 alive, 3 scum:

Galzria
2.71828..... - me
Teproc - mason
Datswan
Eevee
Qvist - protector of the island
RoadRunner
faust
SpaceAnemone
O - mason

6 left, still 3 scum:
Space and eevee have claims that make perfect sense, it didn't mean one or both aren't scum, but I really think at most one is scum, so let's say

4 left, 2 scum:
Galzria having draft position 4 and pulling VT is either extremely townie or scum who knows they picked poisoner draft #1 and wants to hide his real role. Lean town

3 left, 2 scum:
Faust
RR
Datswan

Good enough PoE?
Since e wanted me to comment on this:

Qvist is probably townie enough to not be lynched or reread today. Space and Eevee... I can see the logic there. I don't think scum went for Tracker and Watcher. I have not thought through whether their claims could be faked. I don't think getting a VT at position 4 is especially townie. So some things look decent here, others not.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 04, 2017, 04:09:59 pm »

Also, that whole shutting down of conversation to quicklynch is townie since iguana was scum
And that has nothing to do with anything; how exactly did it help town?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 04, 2017, 04:16:38 pm »

We should follow the claim order and not have all this nonsense going on.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 04, 2017, 04:20:19 pm »

I agree.

Also faust isn't interesting in arguing with me re: his arguments for me being scum. Do you actually think I'm scum faust ?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 04, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »

Right, re: Poisoner claiming. Think about it.

Scum had the plan of "we'll have our Goon claim #1 in the draft and Poisoner, which he can argue was to block it from town and if he fails to convince people, well at least we didn't lynch our poisoner".

Why would they want iguana to claim D1 exactly ? I'm truly curious why you think that is faust ? The direct result of that claim was that we lynched iguana on D3. Now granted, that does mean we didn't lynch the poisoner on D3 which, if there had been no claiming at all, we would have had a chance to... but based on what ? We would have nothing more to go on than we ended up having, since our (well, you know) investigative powers didn't go for iguana anyway.

So having the poisoner claim on D1 meant we gave up a tiny chance of lynching the poisoner on D3 in exchange for the certainty of a scum lynch. Poisoner is integral to scum's gameplan, true, but I don't think that's such a good deal for scum that your suspicion of me in the face of what would be very improbably Mason fakeclaim is warranted.
Not ignoring this, but answering will take longer than I have time for right now.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 04, 2017, 04:20:59 pm »

If Teproc and O are scum then scum wins and that'll be that IMO.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 04, 2017, 04:24:17 pm »

Any reads? Which claims do you believe and which not?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 04, 2017, 04:25:46 pm »

Any reads? Which claims do you believe and which not?
I believe you, Space and Qvist, and it's not all based on what's happened in the thread.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 04, 2017, 04:27:26 pm »

That's not really acceptable. There's no reason not to question it. Have you gone back and reread them? Do you have reason to just accept their claim? Why so willing to throw in the towel if they're scum?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 04, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »

That's not really acceptable. There's no reason not to question it. Have you gone back and reread them? Do you have reason to just accept their claim? Why so willing to throw in the towel if they're scum?
I feel like their claim is a lot more likely coming from town than from scum, I feel like we're at an enormous disadvantage right now, and I don't feel like lynching a mason to lose the game on D4. If they're both alive in a few days, we can look back on it, and I phrased myself badly. But I'm not lynching them today.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.