Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 113500 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 3 Begins!)
« Reply #1125 on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »

I am not caught up yet, I just wanted to post to say "Yay!" because trying to figure out the night action puzzle is what I love most about RMM games, this is really exciting because I haven't had this much fun in a mafia game in a while. :)
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 02, 2013, 10:30:13 pm »

So after catching up, I think it's totally clear that Eevee is town, and since he claimed (correct me if I'm wrong) that Cuzz was not jailkept by anyone else, Yuma must be lying about that. However, I DID get recharged last night.

My current best guess (unless Lekkit is lying, which seems unlikely based on other stuff, Insom needs to claim) is that Yuma is a recharger too, but the scum version. I agree with Shraeye that Yuma is probably recharging a mix of scum and town in order to gain town cred and perhaps implicate town when he flips scum.

Cuzz definitely definitely needs to claim.

Are people presuming that Ashersky is town?

Shraeye is a mysterious figure right now, and I've found that in the lateish game, shady and mysterious almost always means scum unless his eventual claim can be verified by others. Town quite often has revealed at least part of their role by now or been able to fill people in with some bit of information. Unless I am forgetting something he's claimed.

Town:
Eevee
(Myself)

Very likely town:
Lekkit

Unknown:
Shraeye
Ashersky
Insom

Almost sure scum:
Cuzz
Yuma

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 02, 2013, 10:33:39 pm »

IIRC, the paragraph I wrote about Shraeye basically applies to Insomniac too. And Insom has been super lurky.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 02, 2013, 11:03:17 pm »

well it looks like I am going to get lynched. I understand why, but am kinda frustrated--and here I am sure someone is going to jump in and say, "you are frustrated because you are caught scum! Further proof that he is scum!!!"--because I am being lynched for just being open and honest about my night actions.

I have no idea why Cuzz wasn't jailed by me. I wonder if somehow Eevee's jailing went first thereby preventing my jailing from occurring...?

I also strongly disagree with the idea of a scum-aligned recharger targeting town players for "town-cred"... Yes it could be used as a defense, but the idea of targeting players that are town as scum is just stupid.  "here cop, or tracker, or watcher or jailkeeper or doc... have another X-shot of your power so you have a greater chance of catching scum!" That seems pretty suicidal to me. If I were a scum aligned recharger--I am not--I can't see any benefit of targeting anyone but scum! And staying quiet about it.

But the fact remains that I don't know the alignments of the people that I targeted. I hope that they aren't scum...

If you look back I even vaguely reference that I targeted people earlier in the game. During Eevee's reveal day2 I asked if I was the other player--aside from Dsell that he had info on--this was because I wondered if he watched me give Jimmmm a recharge. Turns out that it didn't turn out that way, but I thought it might.  I also repeatedly asked Eevee if he could be powered for his 1-shot daycop. He never responded--and now I know why--but I was totally willing to recharge him again...

I guess this is why claims are bad. I have put town in a horrible position--that apparently only I realize--all because I just wanted to be straightforward and give town what I thought was valuable information!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 03, 2013, 02:26:18 am »

Yuma, the thing is.. you DIDN'T jail Cuzz, why? I was able to target him, so clearly he wasn't busdriven. Maybe mafia has roleblocker and you were targeted? I guess that's possible., but just awfully bad luck if that's the case: Occams Razor says you just are scum.

I guess Cuzz is more likely to be scum but you are more likely to be mafia at this point, I just see no way around the fact you said claimed to jailkept someone I know I myself jailkept.

@Everyone, the serial killer has plenty of reasons to scumhunt aggressively at this point. But we need to focus on finding mafia today.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 03, 2013, 02:37:16 am »

Yuma, the thing is.. you DIDN'T jail Cuzz, why? I was able to target him, so clearly he wasn't busdriven. Maybe mafia has roleblocker and you were targeted? I guess that's possible., but just awfully bad luck if that's the case: Occams Razor says you just are scum.

I guess Cuzz is more likely to be scum but you are more likely to be mafia at this point, I just see no way around the fact you said claimed to jailkept someone I know I myself jailkept.

@Everyone, the serial killer has plenty of reasons to scumhunt aggressively at this point. But we need to focus on finding mafia today.

So, do we lynch Yuma today still, given this info?  I agree with you that Yuma is scum, given all we've seen.  He can't have a good excuse for his fake claim, since if he's really not scum, I just don't know how to explain what happened.

I think Dsell needs another look.  He has a gun.  The only thing that cleared him D2 was not shooting on N1.  If he's on yuma's team, he just didn't shoot and Yuma did.  Cuzz as SK or third scum makes sense.  So Yuma killed Qvist last night, Cuzz couldn't kill while jailed, and Dsell didn't shoot?  That could mean another scum out there, but we have I think three bad guys caught already.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 03, 2013, 02:47:15 am »

I'm not sure about Dsell, luckily we still have better targets. In any case there is at least the serial killer out there somewhere, but that could really be anyone.. Insnor ashersky would be my first guesses but lets cross that bridge when we get there.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 03, 2013, 06:21:17 am »

Okay, going to sleep shortly here, but wanted to get some thoughts down for folks to think about overnight.

We've got the assumption of two scum sets based on N1 having two deaths.  A town vig would have owned up to screwing up by now, so I think that is definitely safe. 

We've focused on 3 mafia+SK, but should we rule out two teams of 2?  Rival gangs fits the flavor as much as mafia and SK.  I agree SK is more likely, but as we look for scum in the remaining people, I think it's something to keep in mind.  What do you guys think?

Second thing, are we better off lynching scum or SK first?  I think for us to win, we need to reduce scum NKs.  Killing one mafia doesn't do that, but killing SK does.  Eevee said he lost the power to jail...if Yuma is somehow telling the truth, that's the other way to reduce NKs...but we're pretty sure he's scum, so...

What do you guys think?

Also, I still defer to Eevee on if we should all claim.  If we do, he should lead it.  Definitely a risk of giving scum too much info. 

We need Cuzz to get in here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 03, 2013, 07:18:45 am »

If it's 3+1, 8 players, we lynch the SK and mafia kills someone at night, tomorrow there'd be 6 players and 3 mafia and they'd win. So no, we can't hit the sk today, need to lynch mafia.That's why I wanted people to claim SK or no SK first, it would have been the perfect fake claim for scum at this point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 03, 2013, 07:26:04 am »

If it's 3+1, 8 players, we lynch the SK and mafia kills someone at night, tomorrow there'd be 6 players and 3 mafia and they'd win. So no, we can't hit the sk today, need to lynch mafia.That's why I wanted people to claim SK or no SK first, it would have been the perfect fake claim for scum at this point.

Ok.  So if we lynch mafia today, vig kills SK, mafia kills town, puts us at 2v4.  If there is no vig and Dsell is mafia, puts us at 2v1v3 if SK kills, so the game goes on.  Even then, we lynch Dsell to keep it going.  I understand.  Although maybe we just gave Cuzz his claim?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 03, 2013, 07:30:37 am »

Yuma can't JK according to his claim.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 03, 2013, 09:38:32 am »

Right! And I actually don't think I was roleblocked, because I was able to recharge Dsell perfectly fine. So I really don't know what is going on. I understand why you guys think I need to be lynched, and that is what is frustrating. I still think there is a possibility that Eevee's JK and semi-investigation came first and since he was already in jail couldn't be jailkept again, but Galz's explanation perhaps precludes that. I don't know. I really don't know. The only thing that makes me feel any better about this is that we very likely got scum in Cuzz. (If somehow he is town in all of this and we end up with town!yuma lynch and town!cuzz death at night I will be crazy mad...) I am going to vote: cuzz at this point. It looks like it is either me or him. I know I am town, I don't think he is. So from my POV he is the better lynch.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 03, 2013, 09:46:51 am »

No, I was specifically told that I would have gotten no result if Cuzz was jailkept. Need Cuzz and Ins to weigh in and then we'll proceed with the yuma lynch, I think. I don't think others need to claim yet, it just wouldnt change our targets anyways.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 03, 2013, 10:15:01 am »

day-vig: insomniac

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 03, 2013, 10:24:46 am »

This could be interesting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 03, 2013, 10:27:35 am »

Why Insomniac? Might be just a troll, because he'd be such a surprising target.. Needless to say we know yuma is scum now. *popcorn*

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:31 am »

The optimist in me hopes mafia-yuma just used his dayvig on the serial killer.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 03, 2013, 11:11:28 am »

Votecount: 3.2

Cuzz (1): Yuma

Not Voting {7}: Ashersky, Cuzz, Dsell, Eevee, Insomniac, Lekkit, Shraeye

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is February 16th, 10:00 PM forum time.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 03, 2013, 11:12:02 am »

Booh, just a troll. Good.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 03, 2013, 11:23:28 am »

It could also be that the SK is mafia immune or bulletproof or something. But I'm leaning towards yuma trolling. Anyway that confirms yuma as scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 03, 2013, 11:40:09 am »

It could also be that the SK is mafia immune or bulletproof or something. But I'm leaning towards yuma trolling. Anyway that confirms yuma as scum.
Oh, possible! AlthoughI still think the most likely explanation is that yuma knew Cuzz was jailed because Cuzz was to perform their kill, the doctor is already dead and no one died. He wanted to avoid the jailkeeper becoming obvtown by being the first to claim. It likely would have worked too if the real jailkeeper was anyone but myself.

Dsell, you shouldn't tell us if you have any shots left, not yet anyways. If scum has any roleblockers/what have you left, better keep them guessing. Lekkit, you might want to just make sure you fund town today, helping scum would be a sad outcome.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:16 pm »

I have used 1 shot of my role. I have 3 shots. Started as a two shot. Both lekkit and Yuma ARE rechargers.

@Dsell man I haven't been lurking I've been leading post counts for everything except today which started while I was and still am vla
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 03, 2013, 12:17:56 pm »

I forgot about your LA, sorry.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 03, 2013, 12:22:17 pm »

We have plenty of time, no one is accusing you for being gone Ins. It's just very interesting and we'd like to move forward.

You don't have to claim further, not yet anyways. Cuzz still has to! Just your general take on what's been happening, after you've found the time to catch up of course.

Does yuma being a recharging scum mean we should reconsider our read on Lekkit a bit? Maybe. That's something to keep in mind for tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 16 queries.