Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57  All

Author Topic: M77: Scout Mafia - Game Over! Town wins!  (Read 130019 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M77: Scout Mafia - D1
« Reply #250 on: February 29, 2016, 06:01:45 pm »

Alright, so yuma seems town which means I'll just hope that this is a phase and it'll go away once my amazing townieness becomes apparent.

Awaclus is apparently voting silver for sheeping me? I feel like silver sheeps me more when he's town, but I can't recall a game where he was scum and I was town right now, so who knows.

Actually I'm voting for silver because I was on the WW wagon just to cause reactions and then the wagon died so it became pointless, and I was voting for silver before that and I still liked the vote on him. Sheeping you might or might not be an arbitrarily large part of the reason why that's the case.
Protip: If you want Awaclus to explain his votes, make public assumption about why you think he voted the way he voted.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 29, 2016, 06:04:48 pm »

We're getting closer to cracking the code!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 29, 2016, 06:07:55 pm »

I'm piling up the votes a little bit so here's some analysis of my wagon: Axxle I'm thinking is town, he seems genuinely engaged and is asking me questions and responding to me. faust is a little bit scummier, he expressed suspicion of me earlier, then changed his focus, and now is back on me now that there's an actually wagon. gkrieg and silver are a lot scummier though, their votes are basically sheep votes.

I also find yuma fairly scummy as it looks like he's doing a soft defense of me by pushing a wagon on one of the people voting for me, could be he knows I'll flip town and is looking for town cred for being off-wagon.

You realize that I have voted for you before any of the others joined,and didnot leave the wagon since?

The yuma read seems like a real stretch. I mean there are 4 people on your wagon, chances are at some point someone will have a scum read on one of them.

You're right on that first point, I was misremembering the order of the conversation prior to my wagon forming.

It's not a super strong read, but I don't think its unsound reasoning. And he's not taking a strong stance on my wagon; maybe I'm just be egotistical but that seems to be the topic of the moment.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 29, 2016, 06:09:01 pm »

And it's not good that ADK didn't point out what I just pointed out.

I've moved past my silverspawn vote and wasn't really paying attention to the fact that people were questioning that, but yeah my vote for silver wasn't a policy vote.

I'm piling up the votes a little bit so here's some analysis of my wagon: Axxle I'm thinking is town, he seems genuinely engaged and is asking me questions and responding to me. faust is a little bit scummier, he expressed suspicion of me earlier, then changed his focus, and now is back on me now that there's an actually wagon. gkrieg and silver are a lot scummier though, their votes are basically sheep votes.

I also find yuma fairly scummy as it looks like he's doing a soft defense of me by pushing a wagon on one of the people voting for me, could be he knows I'll flip town and is looking for town cred for being off-wagon.

I am almost never off wagon, like 90% of the time I am on wagon regardless of alignment so for me to think or plan this way wouldbe a pretty dramatic frame adjustment for me.

Plus Cred for being off wagon on mislynches is way overblown and rarely actually given

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 29, 2016, 06:09:47 pm »

I'd like to point out (and don't vote for me because of this!) but no one has voted for me yet this game! It's pretty dope.
PPE
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 29, 2016, 06:10:58 pm »

You realize that I have voted for you before any of the others joined,and didnot leave the wagon since?

The yuma read seems like a real stretch. I mean there are 4 people on your wagon, chances are at some point someone will have a scum read on one of them.

You're right on that first point, I was misremembering the order of the conversation prior to my wagon forming.

It's not a super strong read, but I don't think its unsound reasoning. And he's not taking a strong stance on my wagon; maybe I'm just be egotistical but that seems to be the topic of the moment.

I don't have any read on you at all and a slight one on Faust, so yeah maybe you are being a bit self centric but that I think is just how mafia works for a lot of people, me included.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 29, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »

I'd like to point out (and don't vote for me because of this!) but no one has voted for me yet this game! It's pretty dope.
PPE

Swell, what about other people?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2016, 06:19:03 pm »

PPE

Swell, what about other people?
Let's talk about other people!

Most everyone is null; I suppose Axxel is on the towny side.

I'd say SS and WW are more on the scummy side.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 29, 2016, 06:23:48 pm »

vote: RR

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:18 pm »

Oh stuff is happening!

PPE: 17? huh... lots of stuff is happening I guess. Time to read!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 29, 2016, 06:38:57 pm »

hmm first thoughts. I like axxle! he should play more games. I also think hes town right now.

Also on yuma. I find it interesting that he agrees with me on faust. It doesn't give me an alignment tell for him but I dunno. I guess I just wasn't really expecting anyone to follow on faust since I don't think hes ever been lynched day 1. And is barely lynched at all anyways.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 29, 2016, 06:39:44 pm »

Hmm but I guess I have to remind myself even if I don't think the person is going to be lynched showing that I'd have been willing is still useful.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #262 on: February 29, 2016, 06:47:41 pm »

Alright, so yuma seems town which means I'll just hope that this is a phase and it'll go away once my amazing townieness becomes apparent.

Awaclus is apparently voting silver for sheeping me? I feel like silver sheeps me more when he's town, but I can't recall a game where he was scum and I was town right now, so who knows.

Actually I'm voting for silver because I was on the WW wagon just to cause reactions and then the wagon died so it became pointless, and I was voting for silver before that and I still liked the vote on him. Sheeping you might or might not be an arbitrarily large part of the reason why that's the case.
Protip: If you want Awaclus to explain his votes, make public assumption about why you think he voted the way he voted.

Which part of that post explained my current vote?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 29, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »

Which part of that post explained my current vote?

well we got info on your WW vote at least!

progress!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #264 on: February 29, 2016, 06:54:19 pm »

progress!

I've always explained my old votes if the reasons were still relevant later.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 29, 2016, 07:32:44 pm »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 29, 2016, 07:35:30 pm »

hmm first thoughts. I like axxle! he should play more games. I also think hes town right now.

Also on yuma. I find it interesting that he agrees with me on faust. It doesn't give me an alignment tell for him but I dunno. I guess I just wasn't really expecting anyone to follow on faust since I don't think hes ever been lynched day 1. And is barely lynched at all anyways.

Back when I was starting out, I had like three D1 mislynches in a row. I have recovered from that. I have never been lynched as scum on D1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 29, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »

progress!

I've always explained my old votes if the reasons were still relevant later.

Well, then you can go ahead and explain your initial silverspawn vote!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 29, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »

Vote: SS
I think my vote is okay here. Call this OMGUS, but SS started it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 29, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »

interesting.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 29, 2016, 10:09:23 pm »

Back when I was starting out, I had like three D1 mislynches in a row. I have recovered from that. I have never been lynched as scum on D1.

So even Faust used to mess up! I have hope

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 29, 2016, 10:10:56 pm »

Wait what? Is your reason for voting ss because he started it?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 29, 2016, 10:17:43 pm »

No, I meant that may be what it looks like.

I'm voting SS because his scumhunting looks weak/forced and he's sort of been acti-lurking.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »

I'm voting SS because his scumhunting looks weak/forced and he's sort of been acti-lurking.

Interesting

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 29, 2016, 10:49:53 pm »

Interesting

hey that's my thing. don't copy it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.