Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146124 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #700 on: July 06, 2021, 05:51:11 pm »

I am intrigued by glooble, and not sure to make of their response.

I almost feel like it could actually come from scum, I just haven't really seen the "I am town but I suppose exiling me isn't all that bad" defense all that often from scum

It's not a defense, it's a soft claim.

But the claim (soft as it is) says "I am kind of useful town, but my death actually could end up helping town"

Which just presents more dilemmas than it solves
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 06, 2021, 06:32:41 pm »

<snip>
But it's probably best to ask, gkrieg, do you have anything else pointing to mathdude other than your result and your hypothesis that your powers would be weak if that alone wasn't alignment indicative?

I do not have anything else. I investigated mathdude because I think his D1 was scummy. I think a lot of people were giving him a pass just because he has been exiled D1 in every game he has played so far, but I thought his D1 matched his scum game that I was in. I also figured he was kind of a polarizing person, so knowing his alignment was important.

Then what was this post about?

Got cylon. I have a pretty good reason to assume that it is likely a scum result though.

"pretty good reason" doesn't feel like, well this PR is weak..

A second reason, now that mathdude has claimed, is that his cop power seems like a fake claim, in ways I can get into Tomorrow.

If I needed a fake claim, I would have picked something that wouldn't draw so much attention. This is my main, active power/role, and now we need to figure out what to with this.

It seems to me like we may both be detecting species (though I'm not sure why). Would it make sense to both test the same person tonight? I'd have no problem stating my results first in the morning.

But who gets to choose who we investigate? One of us or someone else?
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 06, 2021, 06:54:11 pm »

If there is any way our roles are useful, then exiling one of the Cylon results makes sense to learn more. Obviously I recommend Jack. But I think there's a good reason to do that too.

If we exile me instead, scum could likely kill gkrieg tonight and then that's 2 investigative roles gone. If we exile Jack, we verify my result, he has been scummy, and even if scum does get one of us tonight, there is still another result available for tomorrow.
he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 06, 2021, 07:01:34 pm »

<snip>
But it's probably best to ask, gkrieg, do you have anything else pointing to mathdude other than your result and your hypothesis that your powers would be weak if that alone wasn't alignment indicative?

I do not have anything else. I investigated mathdude because I think his D1 was scummy. I think a lot of people were giving him a pass just because he has been exiled D1 in every game he has played so far, but I thought his D1 matched his scum game that I was in. I also figured he was kind of a polarizing person, so knowing his alignment was important.

Got cylon. I have a pretty good reason to assume that it is likely a scum result though.

A second reason, now that mathdude has claimed, is that his cop power seems like a fake claim, in ways I can get into Tomorrow.

If I needed a fake claim, I would have picked something that wouldn't draw so much attention. This is my main, active power/role, and now we need to figure out what to with this.

It seems to me like we may both be detecting species (though I'm not sure why). Would it make sense to both test the same person tonight? I'd have no problem stating my results first in the morning.

1. TBF, if you needed a fake claim this would be a brilliant one. Mirror effect on your already existing vote on Jack who also happens to be FOS by many so far.

2. Unfortunately, I do no think there is a way for that plan to work if you have to publicly pick the target.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 06, 2021, 07:09:43 pm »

huh...

Hey Math - have you like... tried asking Faust in your QT for a clarification on what the result means in regards to alignment vs species?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 06, 2021, 07:24:04 pm »

Just looking at everything, where is glooble?

All of the active people have interesting things going on with both reasons to exile and not to exile.

I see no reason we shouldn't exile glooble. D2 has been "full" of common knowledge posts and then just jumping on the jack wagon. "Full" = all 5 posts

I will be around to switch up votes before deadline, but let's experiment here a bit

Vote: glooble

Finally. I think this is the longest I've lurked without being called out on it.

I've been busy. I've been keeping tabs. I've been moving my vote based on new info. I haven't had time for any deep-dive investigative posts.

But if you exiled me today that wouldn't be the worst thing.

Horrible post, town post.

completely agree
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 06, 2021, 07:24:52 pm »

I am intrigued by glooble, and not sure to make of their response.

I almost feel like it could actually come from scum, I just haven't really seen the "I am town but I suppose exiling me isn't all that bad" defense all that often from scum

i did that!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 06, 2021, 07:26:03 pm »

i'm pretty good with my vote on math.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 06, 2021, 07:38:28 pm »

<snip>

1. TBF, if you needed a fake claim this would be a brilliant one. Mirror effect on your already existing vote on Jack who also happens to be FOS by many so far.

2. Unfortunately, I do no think there is a way for that plan to work if you have to publicly pick the target.

That early vote was my way of saying I have a potentially condemning result on Jack.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 06, 2021, 08:07:22 pm »

I still think we should exile a cylon. Math seems somewhat less scummy than Jack. But I think there is no way they are both town. The results, and the responses to them, are confusing to me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 06, 2021, 08:23:44 pm »

scola and Didds are looking scummy to me for their continued support of Cylon=scum. Last game there was a Cylon-aligned scum faction and there were still human-aligned Cylons. I don't like the way gkrieg and math have played their hands, but they are feeling more town. Maybe because they have been more active.

scola perseverating on the results thing seems unnecessary - it's pretty clear the role description just said "investigate" without saying why you would want to know the answer.

vote: scolapasta

I was all set to vote Glooble, but now I'm not sure what to think of his response. Glooble, is your role negative utility for town?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2021, 08:53:53 pm »

<snip>

That early vote was my way of saying I have a potentially condemning result on Jack.

The weird thing about you insisting on this is that if your result is distinctly condemning on Jack, then logically gkrieg's would be condemning on you as well. But this would seem to be a contradiction, unless of course an investigative "cylon" result does not mean "not town" or gkrieg is lying about you.

So it seems like either:
A) gkrieg made up his claim and he and Jack are both not town and mathdude is telling the truth.
B) mathdude is making a clever play trying to misexile Jack (already suspected by several people before that, easy target) and then nk gkrieg, wasting an exile and knocking out a cop.
C) gkrieg and mathdude are both telling the truth but their results are not alignment indicative.

Mathdude insisting on Jack would make sense if he was pushing gkrieg too, but it seems he's ready to accept that gkrieg could be town while having no question about Jack. This makes the most sense if mathdude is actually scum as opposed to town.

ppe 1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 06, 2021, 09:04:48 pm »

huh...

Hey Math - have you like... tried asking Faust in your QT for a clarification on what the result means in regards to alignment vs species?

I did. He said I do not get any more information than what has been provided.
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 06, 2021, 09:08:59 pm »

scola and Didds are looking scummy to me for their continued support of Cylon=scum. Last game there was a Cylon-aligned scum faction and there were still human-aligned Cylons. I don't like the way gkrieg and math have played their hands, but they are feeling more town. Maybe because they have been more active.

scola perseverating on the results thing seems unnecessary - it's pretty clear the role description just said "investigate" without saying why you would want to know the answer.

I was all set to vote Glooble, but now I'm not sure what to think of his response. Glooble, is your role negative utility for town?

I hear you. But in full truth I’m spread really thin with family stuff right now so I can’t manage more active at the moment. I don’t want to not vote, though, and I am not convinced that cylon are not bad guys when we have seen a cylon extremist, there is a hidden cylons vote,  and investigative results are returning cylon. I don’t think that is scummy at all… maybe rather simple, but I also think there is some unnecessary complication going on.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #714 on: July 06, 2021, 09:09:43 pm »

I think it's positive utility overall, it's just all three of my abilities are HIGHLY situational, to the point that I could absolutely see the whole game happening and none of them being relevant.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 06, 2021, 10:55:04 pm »

Just realized deadline is tomorrow. I think Jack townslipped when he thought he wasn't a Cylon anymore. Scum would have a lot more information, and he was scum last time. The Cylons are voting for Swowl now, I see. Delayed reaction? Maybe the person controlling that vote wasn't on between MiX's request and the previous vc.

mathdude having the same power as gkrieg is an odd coincidence. But I find scola scummier. I'll check in tomorrow morning and see if my vote is needed.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 06, 2021, 11:00:54 pm »

We have three new players and gkrieg said he has taken over Space's role. Glooble seemed to think he took over for Robz but was cagey about his flavor name. So, is e Awaclus, or did we make some mistaken assumptions?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2021, 11:51:17 pm »

We have three new players and gkrieg said he has taken over Space's role. Glooble seemed to think he took over for Robz but was cagey about his flavor name. So, is e Awaclus, or did we make some mistaken assumptions?

It's possible that rather than getting their characters, the new players got new characters (except I guess if they have already claimed to have the same one). I mean, in other legacy games like Pandemic legacy, new characters are introduced and become available throughout the course of the game, and the players are able to choose to keep using the old ones or start using the new ones. I would imagine there are similar but different ideas in this since those are the games this was drawing inspiration from.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 07, 2021, 02:18:46 am »

Vote: Math
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 07, 2021, 03:09:37 am »

Vote Count 2.7

mathdude (4): scolapasta, LaLight, Jack Rudd, Swowl
Jack Rudd (3): Glooble, mathdude, WestCoastDidds
LaLight (1): Dylan32
Glooble (1): 2.71828.....
EFHW (1): Cylons
scolapasta (1): EFHW

Not Voting (2): MiX, gkrieg13

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends July 07, 2021, 03:15:00 pm. This is in 12 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 07, 2021, 06:14:19 am »

I will take this vote count as evidence that EFHW is telling the truth. This tells us the person behind the cylon vote is very logical, and is trying to do their best to communicate with us through voting...OR they're pretty logical, and are trying to toy with us. That narrows it down.

Hmm...I like these wagons. I'm sure I would get a lot of info if I reread this day, but I don't feel like it :/

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 07, 2021, 06:36:05 am »

Vote: math

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 07, 2021, 07:31:20 am »

It's possible that rather than getting their characters, the new players got new characters (except I guess if they have already claimed to have the same one). I mean, in other legacy games like Pandemic legacy, new characters are introduced and become available throughout the course of the game, and the players are able to choose to keep using the old ones or start using the new ones. I would imagine there are similar but different ideas in this since those are the games this was drawing inspiration from.
Yes, I know. But MiX was asking about Space and Robz, saying nothing about Awaclus. What's that about? There is also some benefit to knowing who someone might be.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 07, 2021, 07:58:24 am »

e is indeed Awaclus by the way.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 07, 2021, 07:59:32 am »

Vote: Jack

Better than math
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.