Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146168 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #675 on: July 06, 2021, 07:40:29 am »

It still bothers me that gkrieg hasn't told us why he concluded math was scum. People seem to be moving toward letting this go for now, which would be ok with me except for this missing element.

They referenced somewhere that their PR(s) would not make sense if their cop shot was not based on alignment.

And then I believe later said that's because the role would only help their character arc, rather than helping town. And I have the same thing.
I guess what we need is for me and/or gkrieg to get an opposite read next night, if possible, and see if we get results of "Human", "Town", "Non-Cylon", etc. Then we can maybe better tell if we are detecting species or alignment or something else.

Doesn't the power say if you're learning species of alignment??

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 06, 2021, 07:41:14 am »

Math, when did you get to use your power? And when did gkrieg use his power? And when did both of you learn the information from the power?

Used at night. Got results in the morning.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 06, 2021, 07:42:13 am »

Math, when did you get to use your power? And when did gkrieg use his power? And when did both of you learn the information from the power?

What night?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 06, 2021, 07:48:44 am »

It still bothers me that gkrieg hasn't told us why he concluded math was scum. People seem to be moving toward letting this go for now, which would be ok with me except for this missing element.

They referenced somewhere that their PR(s) would not make sense if their cop shot was not based on alignment.

And then I believe later said that's because the role would only help their character arc, rather than helping town. And I have the same thing.
I guess what we need is for me and/or gkrieg to get an opposite read next night, if possible, and see if we get results of "Human", "Town", "Non-Cylon", etc. Then we can maybe better tell if we are detecting species or alignment or something else.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. No, it doesn't.

I don't want to break the rule about quoting QT info. But it tells me something like this: "each night, you may investigate another player" (not an exact quote).
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 06, 2021, 07:49:59 am »

What night?

Not sure what you're getting at here. Night 1. How many nights have we had?
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 06, 2021, 12:34:35 pm »

So to explain my two votes today - I think we should exile a cylon over a human, as I think there must be more Cylon scum (or at least non town). This is based on the fact that we non there is at least one Cylon non town faction (I'm making an assumption that Cylon Extremists are, or at least most likely to be, cylons. And the Cylon vote - we've all been trying to determine how it works and looking at it's votes thinking it's non-town, but here's another - if it were towny, why wouldn't someone who's involved speak up and just tell us? I can see why maybe not on D1 (and note they voted for a town), but at this point, I think that reveal would be pro town to do.

So initially I chose Dylan, partially because he was Cylon, but also because I wanted to put my vote somewhere as we were trying to learn about the Cylons vote. It seemed like we would learn more (and we did!) if I didn't join the mathdude wagon at that point. Once we learned that, I decided to go with my scum read of mathdude, which to be fair, is based largely on gkrieg's claim. I just don't think they would come out so strong if they didn't have something more that their "cop" result.

But it's probably best to ask, gkrieg, do you have anything else pointing to mathdude other than your result and your hypothesis that your powers would be weak if that alone wasn't alignment indicative?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 06, 2021, 12:38:04 pm »

I don't want to break the rule about quoting QT info. But it tells me something like this: "each night, you may investigate another player" (not an exact quote).

This feels sketch to me.

I mean investigate in this game could be so may different things - find out alignment, find out species, find out military vs civilian, that there's no way your OR doesn't also say  something about the results you will get.

But you only refer to the non informative part about investigating and you don't mention at all anything about the results part?

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 06, 2021, 12:47:17 pm »

This feels sketch to me.

I mean investigate in this game could be so may different things - find out alignment, find out species, find out military vs civilian, that there's no way your OR doesn't also say  something about the results you will get.

But you only refer to the non informative part about investigating and you don't mention at all anything about the results part?

I don't get what the issue is. I have stated my results before. MiX asked what my power says. So I answered smart.

My "Result" came in the form of 2 words. Without quoting them both, so I don't break the rules, I'll tell you that the second word was "Cylon". What more are you asking for?

And of course investigate could mean so many things. I think part of the issue this game is figuring that out.

Also, you're asking gkrieg for more info. He's been asked many times and hasn't given anything. Either he has nothing, or it incriminates him, or he's intentionally hiding it for some other reason.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 06, 2021, 12:48:58 pm »

What's the flavor of your power, math? I don't know how much you can talk about it, but last game I talked a bit about the flavor of my power, and that seemed to be legal.

It would be so cool if this was a real time game and gkrieg could also answer these questions at the same time...sigh...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 06, 2021, 01:34:40 pm »

<snip>
But it's probably best to ask, gkrieg, do you have anything else pointing to mathdude other than your result and your hypothesis that your powers would be weak if that alone wasn't alignment indicative?

I do not have anything else. I investigated mathdude because I think his D1 was scummy. I think a lot of people were giving him a pass just because he has been exiled D1 in every game he has played so far, but I thought his D1 matched his scum game that I was in. I also figured he was kind of a polarizing person, so knowing his alignment was important.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 06, 2021, 02:07:21 pm »

<snip>

I do not have anything else. I investigated mathdude because I think his D1 was scummy. I think a lot of people were giving him a pass just because he has been exiled D1 in every game he has played so far, but I thought his D1 matched his scum game that I was in. I also figured he was kind of a polarizing person, so knowing his alignment was important.

Emphasis is mine.

And I agree, knowing his alignment is important. But my issue is that your investigation does not reveal alignment. That being said, it feels like a town mistake much more than a scum mistake.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 06, 2021, 02:09:56 pm »

Day ends in about 25 hours, right? I am on vacation 8 hours off my regular time zone, just doing a sanity and math check
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 06, 2021, 02:10:54 pm »

Day ends in about 25 hours, right? I am on vacation 8 hours off my regular time zone, just doing a sanity and math check

Right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 06, 2021, 02:17:23 pm »

Just looking at everything, where is glooble?

All of the active people have interesting things going on with both reasons to exile and not to exile.

I see no reason we shouldn't exile glooble. D2 has been "full" of common knowledge posts and then just jumping on the jack wagon. "Full" = all 5 posts

I will be around to switch up votes before deadline, but let's experiment here a bit

Vote: glooble

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #689 on: July 06, 2021, 02:29:44 pm »

All of the active people have interesting things going on with both reasons to exile and not to exile.

I see no reason we shouldn't exile glooble. D2 has been "full" of common knowledge posts and then just jumping on the jack wagon. "Full" = all 5 posts

I will be around to switch up votes before deadline, but let's experiment here a bit

Finally. I think this is the longest I've lurked without being called out on it.

I've been busy. I've been keeping tabs. I've been moving my vote based on new info. I haven't had time for any deep-dive investigative posts.

But if you exiled me today that wouldn't be the worst thing.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 06, 2021, 02:32:18 pm »

Finally. I think this is the longest I've lurked without being called out on it.

I've been busy. I've been keeping tabs. I've been moving my vote based on new info. I haven't had time for any deep-dive investigative posts.

Horrible post, town post.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #691 on: July 06, 2021, 02:32:27 pm »

One of the reasons I have been lurking today is that, without claiming too much, there is... something in my role that makes my exile not entirely without upside. For town, I mean. But I guess I still prefer to send someone to the brig who might actually be scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 06, 2021, 03:28:45 pm »

This feels sketch to me.

I don't get what the issue is. I have stated my results before. MiX asked what my power says. So I answered smart.

My "Result" came in the form of 2 words. Without quoting them both, so I don't break the rules, I'll tell you that the second word was "Cylon". What more are you asking for?

And of course investigate could mean so many things. I think part of the issue this game is figuring that out.

Also, you're asking gkrieg for more info. He's been asked many times and hasn't given anything. Either he has nothing, or it incriminates him, or he's intentionally hiding it for some other reason.

See, but this is still another way of avoiding the question.

The question was about what your PR says about the results of your investigations. The first time you respond about it saying you can investigate, and nothing about what it says about the results. I call you out on that, and you talk about the specific result you got, but again, avoid saying anything about what the PR says about results.

Why are you avoiding this?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 06, 2021, 03:30:55 pm »

<snip>

Then what was this post about?

Got cylon. I have a pretty good reason to assume that it is likely a scum result though.

"pretty good reason" doesn't feel like, well this PR is weak..

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 06, 2021, 03:48:01 pm »

Not the reaction I was expecting

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 06, 2021, 03:48:43 pm »

See, but this is still another way of avoiding the question.

The question was about what your PR says about the results of your investigations. The first time you respond about it saying you can investigate, and nothing about what it says about the results. I call you out on that, and you talk about the specific result you got, but again, avoid saying anything about what the PR says about results.

Why are you avoiding this?

I'm not avoiding anything. Without providing a direct quote from my QT, I can't really say anything else. I've said exactly what I know. I know I'm allowed to investigate. The role/power itself doesn't say anything about what the results will be. The result was Cylon. Now I'm fairly certain that means I either investigate species or alignment (unless there's some weird cylon testing machine built into roles this time).

The best way to figure out which is investigate someone else, and hope for a different response - maybe Human, maybe Town... who knows.
he/him

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 06, 2021, 04:25:57 pm »

<snip>

Got cylon. I have a pretty good reason to assume that it is likely a scum result though.

Beyond just that power, I have reason to believe that Cylons are likely not town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 06, 2021, 04:29:19 pm »

<snip>

A second reason, now that mathdude has claimed, is that his cop power seems like a fake claim, in ways I can get into Tomorrow.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 06, 2021, 05:32:07 pm »

I am intrigued by glooble, and not sure to make of their response.

I almost feel like it could actually come from scum, I just haven't really seen the "I am town but I suppose exiling me isn't all that bad" defense all that often from scum

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 06, 2021, 05:35:46 pm »

I am intrigued by glooble, and not sure to make of their response.

I almost feel like it could actually come from scum, I just haven't really seen the "I am town but I suppose exiling me isn't all that bad" defense all that often from scum

It's not a defense, it's a soft claim.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 16 queries.