Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 78947 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #475 on: May 19, 2018, 02:30:15 pm »

Okay, well, I have another night result. IDP / schadd is scum.

Lol, what? No. I'm not sure how you're saying you got that result unless you're just looking for a reaction.

It is interesting that the reaction here is "Lol, what?" instead of "Vote:Robz"

You think I think Robz came out of nowhere with that D2 bus to secure a D3 mislynch?

Either you are scum or you should think Robz is scum who is framing you, which should make you want to vote for him. What is the other option?

Zealous town fishing for a potential free Cop result. It's a fairly common tactic in some of the IRL games I play and I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try here.

Can you please flesh out how this would work from Robz's perspective exactly?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 19, 2018, 02:44:22 pm »

Lol, what? No. I'm not sure how you're saying you got that result unless you're just looking for a reaction.

You think I think Robz came out of nowhere with that D2 bus to secure a D3 mislynch?

Either you are scum or you should think Robz is scum who is framing you, which should make you want to vote for him. What is the other option?

Zealous town fishing for a potential free Cop result. It's a fairly common tactic in some of the IRL games I play and I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a try here.

1) Cop someone
2) Claim a scum result on someone else
3) See what happens
4a) If they incriminate themselves, congrats, free Cop result!
4b) If they don't, extra interactions

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 19, 2018, 02:51:54 pm »

FWIW, I think this scenario is a special case and I'll explain once I'm on the bus and not trying to leave for work.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 19, 2018, 02:56:42 pm »

This could be a thing but I seriously doubt it is a thing Robz does here. There’s no pressure to lie for a Hail Mary shot here.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2018, 03:47:13 pm »

This could be a thing but I seriously doubt it is a thing Robz does here. There’s no pressure to lie for a Hail Mary shot here.

I don't think it's much of a Hail Mary, at least in the "try or die" sense that I tend to think of them as. It's early in the day, not much has happened, and it's something to talk about. But that could easily be semantics.

Robz caught me in my scum game (I forget the number but I was the D1 lynch) due to a poorly worded post in which I contradicted myself and suggested that we lynch him. It's possible I was caught before that and was going to be lynched anyway, but that's the moment that sticks out to me as when the rest of the votes became a formality rather than something that might happen. To that end, I think Robz is confident that, given enough material, he can accurately read me. A good way to get town talking is to accuse them and here we are*. Add to that that I've replaced into this game and would probably feel more pressure in this scenario if I am scum and you've got a situation that I think makes the outlined plan worth considering.

What about the loss of credibility he could suffer? Look at that D2. If anyone is scumreading Robz this game, you must think he's a crazier player than I do. My understanding of bussing is that it works because scum typically doesn't want to kill a partner and scum only busses when there's something to gain, namely towncred and a winning position because of it (in my head I liken it to a gambit in chess). In what world does scum bus that hard just to lynch town the next day? It'd be better to just lynch town the day he bussed. From my reread, Jim wasn't widely townread (possibly because I knew he was the D2 lynch and scum before I read the game), but he wasn't about to be lynched before Robz started that. Now we're at a point where I think the plan isn't just worth considering, I think it's viable.

*I recognize that I was silent in the day leading up to my lynch in M115, but that's because the deadline day was a mess IRL and I mentioned that in my QT after the lynch.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2018, 03:53:03 pm »

Anyway, my shift is about to start and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to talk during it (yes, Robz, it's still the job where I save drowning puppies).

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2018, 08:04:08 pm »

We will need to hear from Space, and then we can proceed to with the lynch.

Sorry! Here I am :-) What do we need me for?

There was little phone reception at the wedding reception venue, and who wants to be on a phone when the wedding reception literally has board games and tables for playing, and awesome people to hang out with IRL?? :-) Also, CJ is now married and it was adorable and joyful and I think maybe they're going to be superheroes now.

Also also, while I'm teetotal, I've been hanging out with increasingly drunk people all evening, and that has made me quite tipsy-feeling all by itself. Try saying "innuendo-laden spanner" three times fast. We ended up with an innuendo ladel. That kind of sums up why I might not be in the right frame of mind right now :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2018, 11:11:37 pm »

I think Robz is probably town and telling the truth. I def think we should lynch IDPTG. If Robz was skum and did some weird bus thing for crazy town points vs Jimm then they had no reason to further it here. They could of just claimed they got RBd or something and even if they were lying and it was solvable we wouldn't of found out until we claimed. Upon that, stating skum on IDP has two outcomes - either they are town and Robz is Skum, or Robz is Town and they are Skum. Just adding those two up, the answer is really hard to believe Skum!Robz here. Like almost to the extent I won't even consider it.

Something that should probably be discussed prior to the day ending would be how in the hell we eneded with a WW death only last night though. If robz did not get blocked, and they also chose to kill elsewhere - that pretty much means that Skum knows there is a role that would protect Robz. Meaning they know there is either a Doctor or a Jailkeeper in the game. I guess the aside concept would be that PPS (or someone) is actually Vig and they shot jimm and Skum did try to shoot Robz but they were protected, but I think the first version is more likely. 

I am trying to think ahead here... if Robz dies tonight, then we have the claim list set up for tomorrow. But beyond that...

@Robz - it would probably be beneficial if you posted a skum to chum list before the day ends in case you don't get another chance. It would be a gtd unbiased jumping off point for us to use.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2018, 11:16:11 pm »

I am trying to think ahead here... if Robz dies tonight, then we have the claim list set up for tomorrow. But beyond that...

@Robz - it would probably be beneficial if you posted a skum to chum list before the day ends in case you don't get another chance. It would be a gtd unbiased jumping off point for us to use.

I guess I assumed the claim list was kinda a scum to chum list.

But I guess it could be a bit different.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2018, 11:17:37 pm »

But ya sorry IDPTG, unless robz says he was testing the waters I think your dead. you seemed to get an unfortunate replacement timing. kinda like me in the other game I played with you where i just insta died.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 20, 2018, 10:13:30 am »

I think Robz is probably town and telling the truth. I def think we should lynch IDPTG. If Robz was skum and did some weird bus thing for crazy town points vs Jimm then they had no reason to further it here.

Yes, I'm treating Robz as 99%!conf!town at least. It's one thing to bus your scum partners a bit; it's entirely another to spark a wagon on a mostly-unsuspected player and go down a teammate super-early in the game.

Something that should probably be discussed prior to the day ending would be how in the hell we eneded with a WW death only last night though.

One of WW's early posts was a "weak gut feel" vote on schadd. I can see a scumteam with schadd on it pick him as an alternative target if they're not sure enough that a Robz hit is going to go through, especially if they don't have any better read on who other PRs are.

Meaning they know there is either a Doctor or a Jailkeeper in the game.

I think it may be sufficient for them not to be sure there isn't a protective role in town's possession for them to want not to risk it.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 20, 2018, 03:28:05 pm »

So....vote: IDPTG now?

I do like IDPTG's post though. A noble effort for someone who just subbed in.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 20, 2018, 03:31:20 pm »

What’s the hurry, e?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 20, 2018, 03:42:33 pm »

But ya sorry IDPTG, unless robz says he was testing the waters I think your dead. you seemed to get an unfortunate replacement timing. kinda like me in the other game I played with you where i just insta died.

He will. Just wait. Or don't wait, give him the interactions he's looking for.

But Robz, if you're really serious about taking this all the way, I want you to hammer me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 20, 2018, 03:45:54 pm »

What’s the hurry, e?

What's the hesitation? Robz mentioned wanting the day to last longer, which is great. Everyone has given at least some sort of feedback, so now we lynch.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 20, 2018, 03:57:04 pm »

Anything to say now that I have?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 20, 2018, 05:38:33 pm »

Yeah it's fine to lynch now.

Vote: IDPTG
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 20, 2018, 05:39:24 pm »

What’s the hurry, e?

There is no point in waiting:
Either IDP is Skum, so we have found Skum, and Skum knows that... so Skum also has the upper hand on all interactions.
Or Robz is Skum, and Skum knows that... so Skum has the upper hand on all interactions.

Unless you or anyone has an idea about an actual approach we should vote this out, not just to save time, but this is actually a situation where "just sitting around talking" hurts Town and helps Skum.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2018, 05:39:48 pm »

cool.

Vote:IDPTG
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 20, 2018, 06:02:53 pm »

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2018, 06:20:36 pm »

vote: idptg

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 20, 2018, 06:49:03 pm »

I believe that was hammer-sauce.
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2018, 07:01:55 pm »

I believe that was hammer-sauce.

unless your vote doesn't count without a space

cool.

Vote:IDPTG

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2018, 08:35:39 pm »

Robz could be scum. Seems unlikely but so is copping two scum in a row. Alternately he is a Mafia JOAT and knows that 2 shot cop is a safe claim to make and can prove it. It effectively ICs him and he gets a follow up massclaim to see which town players to apply his powers on in the inexorable churn of attrition.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 16 queries.