Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 389683 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 5)
« Reply #2700 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:41 pm »

If that person is coming from the speccy and has kept up I'd prefer we keep the original deadline. Obviously deferring to mod/replacement preferences. The thread has gone dormant in the last day or two and that isn't all Space being gone. If we had to vote right now, is everybody ready? If not, put your questions out there, sitting around isn't helping town right now.

I'd like our Snow replacement to have a chance to interact with us, e.g. to ask questions themself, offer a defense, and question other players. Without that, we're missing a whole other angle on this day, and I feel like it absolutely has the potential to change my mind about who I think is on what faction.

Most importantly, if Snow is town or if he's SK, then not waiting for him to be active in the game seriously hurts town, because the Maquis are unlynchable without a unanimous town-and-SK vote, since it takes four votes to lynch. So if UoS is non-Maquis, it's an almost-assured town loss without him here.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 04, 2019, 07:24:56 pm »

Space, about Monday...isn't deadline Sunday?

Yeah, but I'm saying that I'm going to be doing things before my birthday to celebrate, and was intending to have a good friend staying from Friday night till Monday afternoon, meeting up with other friends for food and cake and games. Though tonight he's messaged to say he's feeling very suddenly sick, so now his presence is all up in the air, which is very sad :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 04, 2019, 07:47:41 pm »

Space, about Monday...isn't deadline Sunday?

Yeah, but I'm saying that I'm going to be doing things before my birthday to celebrate, and was intending to have a good friend staying from Friday night till Monday afternoon, meeting up with other friends for food and cake and games. Though tonight he's messaged to say he's feeling very suddenly sick, so now his presence is all up in the air, which is very sad :-(

Oh, that is very sad.  I firmly believe that birthday food and cake and games should extend as long as you can reasonably get away with them, but at the very least for a weekend.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 04, 2019, 07:51:04 pm »

I'm not willing to vote for Snow until we've had a minute to process the new person. If that isn't happening for awhile, we should wait.

I hadn't considered that we have to have the SK with us to lynch Maquis. So, there will have to be significant convergence.

Did we finish doing the reads thing? It seems like we are still waiting for Rae and maybe Space. I remember Ash, MiX, and I providing them, did anyone else? (I know that is lazy, but on the phone, so doing what I can...)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 04, 2019, 08:56:52 pm »

Sorry, forgot that's where we were.

Ash: town
Mix: scum
Space: scum
Third scum is a bit of a mystery because of Didds' claim. On one hand, it hurts town because scum won't target her but the same rings true if she's scum so it's kind of a crappy play either way and if I know anything about crappy play it's that town makes those like they're going out of style. So that leaves Snow and I'm deeply averse to lynching lurkers so that puts me in a confused spot. Also, I absolutely know Ash could be fooling my BA but I don't think he is so I guess scum is Snow, Space, and MiX.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 04, 2019, 10:12:35 pm »

Third scum is a bit of a mystery because of Didds' claim. On one hand, it hurts town because scum won't target her but the same rings true if she's scum so it's kind of a crappy play either way and if I know anything about crappy play it's that town makes those like they're going out of style.

Crappy play pretty much sums up my game. I have no defense. It makes me sad, but it is what it is. Life and stuff, and multiball is hard, and sometimes I suck at logic. Apologies.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 04, 2019, 10:15:17 pm »

Third scum is a bit of a mystery because of Didds' claim. On one hand, it hurts town because scum won't target her but the same rings true if she's scum so it's kind of a crappy play either way and if I know anything about crappy play it's that town makes those like they're going out of style.

Crappy play pretty much sums up my game. I have no defense. It makes me sad, but it is what it is. Life and stuff, and multiball is hard, and sometimes I suck at logic. Apologies.

Naw, that was just as much a zing at me.  How many shots are what??

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 05, 2019, 03:37:58 am »

Ash: town
Mix: scum
Space: scum

You should specify MQ and SK reads, but I guess when you townread ash you run out of people to scumread, making PoE stronger. I can't really see a universe where you and ash are town...

I'm not willing to vote for Snow until we've had a minute to process the new person. If that isn't happening for awhile, we should wait.

Then vote for ash! What do you think of him?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 05, 2019, 05:02:13 am »

I would support an extension for an intrepid volunteer.

On the difficulty of lynching mafia without an odd consensus, I think difficulty in lynching a player is in fact indicative of a scum alignment.

Of course, that just aligns with my current vote, so you can call it bias, but I have pointed out a few times the odd invincibility that MiX seems to hold. He’s basically the new faust.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 05, 2019, 05:04:56 am »

On the difficulty of lynching mafia without an odd consensus, I think difficulty in lynching a player is in fact indicative of a scum alignment.

Of course, that just aligns with my current vote, so you can call it bias, but I have pointed out a few times the odd invincibility that MiX seems to hold. He’s basically the new faust.

That's because all MQ were on me: check end of D2 to see it, also remember snow had recently unvoted.

Also faust protected me, so I guess I got a little bit of his lynchproof.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 05, 2019, 07:14:36 am »

ADK has replaced UmbrageOfSnow. Deadline will be extended 24 hours.

Day 5 will now end at 9 pm ET time (13:00 GMT) on Sunday, April 7th
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 05, 2019, 07:36:23 am »

Hello, drunk mafia buddy! Hey, sorry for lynching ya so early, no hard feelings?

I wanna do D1 shenanigans with ADK but I also want L-1 things to happen ASAP...conflicted here. Well, at least there's stuff to do this day that aren't a matter of life and death.

Were you in Speccy?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 05, 2019, 08:01:46 am »

I find Ash really hard to read, but I know him to be a valuable player. This is my, I think, third game with him. He’s somewhere in a faraway different time zone (Asia, maybe?) so his posts are always first thing in the morning for me, and a result there is little real time back and forth, but he doesn’t share much beyond game stuff anyway. Without the fluff, it’s hard for me to have an image of him as a person (if he doesn’t have piercing blue eyes, I’m asking for a refund). I was frustrated with him in my last game because the mod (faust) changed the description of my role mid-game (I also misunderstood my role and called it by the wrong name so this was a perfect storm of role mistunderstanding) but he insisted that I was lying and that a mod would never do that.  I think I said he owed me a beer my QT was released. Anyway, all of that is to say he is hard for me to read and hard for me to convince, even when I’m speaking truth. I don’t find him unscummy in this game.

I don’t like lobbying campaigns. It feels off to me to be actively courted. So, part of why I am resisting voting for him is that you (MiX) are pushing him.

ADK! Welcome! I have not played a regular f.ds game with ADK, but have played a couple of drunk games with him and a couple on the beta platform (same with raerae). He is my kind of people (see drunk mafia), but I think he is also a very good player. I am looking forward to hearing from a fresh set of eyes once he reads in. ADK, I hope you’ve been following because I wouldn’t wish this 109 freaking pages of text (85 of them being MiX) on anyone.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 05, 2019, 08:12:52 am »

I find Ash really hard to read, but I know him to be a valuable player. This is my, I think, third game with him. He’s somewhere in a faraway different time zone (Asia, maybe?) so his posts are always first thing in the morning for me, and a result there is little real time back and forth, but he doesn’t share much beyond game stuff anyway. Without the fluff, it’s hard for me to have an image of him as a person (if he doesn’t have piercing blue eyes, I’m asking for a refund). I was frustrated with him in my last game because the mod (faust) changed the description of my role mid-game (I also misunderstood my role and called it by the wrong name so this was a perfect storm of role mistunderstanding) but he insisted that I was lying and that a mod would never do that.  I think I said he owed me a beer my QT was released. Anyway, all of that is to say he is hard for me to read and hard for me to convince, even when I’m speaking truth. I don’t find him unscummy in this game.

Lot of words for "Null". I think you should make a stand here, you can't just treat him as null forever. Also...that was a looooot of fluff. Like, excessive amounts of fluff. If you had to rate ash's scumminess from 1 to 10, where 1 is yourself and 10 is "snow", what would you pick?

I don’t like lobbying campaigns. It feels off to me to be actively courted. So, part of why I am resisting voting for him is that you (MiX) are pushing him.

You (and raerae) can't be stubborn for the sake of stubborn forever...

ADK, I hope you’ve been following because I wouldn’t wish this 109 freaking pages of text (85 of them being MiX) on anyone.

Hey, I'm only responsible for like 30 pages or something; at most half, I tend to respond to everything. But yeah, if you haven't been reading...may god have mercy on your soul.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: April 05, 2019, 08:17:53 am »

ADK was not in speccy
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: April 05, 2019, 08:25:46 am »

ADK was not in speccy

Blessed be ADK, for jeopardizing his sanity for our cause. Godspeed on your read, ADK!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: April 05, 2019, 09:14:15 am »

Morning y'all!

I have been following the game somewhat, I started a detailed reread (at least as detailed as time allows) tomorrow when I volunteered, I'm about 1000 posts in, I plan on continuing that today.

If someone could get me up to speed regarding who has claimed and what, that would be lovely. And if scum wants to make add on any claims about their alignment, that would be lovely.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: April 05, 2019, 09:18:43 am »

Morning y'all!

I have been following the game somewhat, I started a detailed reread (at least as detailed as time allows) tomorrow when I volunteered, I'm about 1000 posts in, I plan on continuing that today.

If someone could get me up to speed regarding who has claimed and what, that would be lovely. And if scum wants to make add on any claims about their alignment, that would be lovely.

Roles that are alive:

- O'Brien, Mirror Universe (MU) cop, Snow's claim
- Kai Winn, one shot double voter
- Dax, one shot Deathproof, Didds' claim
- Morn, Loved
- Yates, one shot commuter
- Garak, one shot bus driver/lightning rod (lot of discussion about this, me and Space have claimed Not Garak)

As for today's order of business, we're in a 3v2v1 situation with Maquis (MQ) and SK where we (at least I) have decided that the odds favour a M

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: April 05, 2019, 09:21:37 am »

...I guess it had to happen once this game.

As for today's order of business, we're in a 3v2v1 situation with Maquis (MQ) and SK where we (at least I) have decided that the odds favour a M

Maquis lynch, which is what we're attempting. For reads, you can read the last 5 pages, I believe those contain our updated readslists and opinions. Anything else, just ask.

Also, me and Didds are scumreading you. Good luck!

And now a trick question: who did you target with your cop N4?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: April 05, 2019, 09:27:40 am »

...I guess it had to happen once this game.

Maquis lynch, which is what we're attempting. For reads, you can read the last 5 pages, I believe those contain our updated readslists and opinions. Anything else, just ask.

Also, me and Didds are scumreading you. Good luck!

And now a trick question: who did you target with your cop N4?

No joke, it appears that UoS neglected to put an order in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: April 05, 2019, 09:29:41 am »

Which is unfortunate but I don't think the worst because MU can't be in the game right? I mean if they are then I'm one town against 5 scum and pretty much hosed.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: April 05, 2019, 09:31:51 am »

Which is unfortunate but I don't think the worst because MU can't be in the game right? I mean if they are then I'm one town against 5 scum and pretty much hosed.

Just wanted a reaction out of you, I guess you have access to snow's QT so it wasn't a very good trick question.

Do you want to state any early reads or something? No point in posting yet if you're rereading.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 05, 2019, 09:38:38 am »

Just wanted a reaction out of you, I guess you have access to snow's QT so it wasn't a very good trick question.

Do you want to state any early reads or something? No point in posting yet if you're rereading.

Based on D1 and D2 interactions I have a hard time believing that you're anyone's partner. Make of that what you will.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 05, 2019, 11:53:41 am »

Firetrucking watch me, bro.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: April 05, 2019, 12:01:18 pm »

Firetrucking watch me, bro.

Well, this game will inevitably end, so...I'll watch. Probably from my grave...

Why are you scumreading me and Space? Okay, scratch that, why are you scumreading Space?
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 15 queries.