Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85  All

Author Topic: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (g@me over)  (Read 206813 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D2)
« Reply #1275 on: January 14, 2017, 04:48:18 am »

I will let you know once talking about it is a good idea.
Just realized that actually, I can, since RMM38 ended.

I was reasonably convinced that Awaclus was scum in RMM38 after I died. He was very helpful, engaged and seemed to be really changing his playstyle there. And everyone townread him for it. Here he falls back into his old pattern. That makes me think he's likely town.

And now that game is over and he actually ended up being scum there, so my theory is solidified.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D1)
« Reply #1276 on: January 14, 2017, 04:49:04 am »

On the same page you said this!
Yes, I was thinking about RMM38 in between probably.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D1)
« Reply #1277 on: January 14, 2017, 05:02:32 am »

On the same page you said this!
Yes, I was thinking about RMM38 in between probably.
Glad you could clear that up.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1278 on: January 14, 2017, 05:51:54 am »

I was reasonably convinced that Awaclus was scum in RMM38 after I died. He was very helpful, engaged and seemed to be really changing his playstyle there. And everyone townread him for it. Here he falls back into his old pattern. That makes me think he's likely town.

And now that game is over and he actually ended up being scum there, so my theory is solidified.

I think it has more to do with the fact that I got pretty invested in RMM38 early on because it was my only game, so I wanted to maintain my level of investment in that game until the end even when this game started, and that came at the cost of not being able to be that invested in this game. I also thought it would be fine to not be so active because I was a PR. It's true, however, that I was scum there and town here.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 14, 2017, 06:50:24 pm »

Vote: Faust Just catching up and still won't be super active till Sunday night but I did a quick reread on Faust and have now been convinced of his scumminess.

This is very unexpected given the post below from 1 day ago below and not something that a "quick reread" would be able to cause:

1. Awaclus
2. TWM
3. Ashersky
4. Mcmc: Where is this dude. I don't trust the massive controversialness and how he lurks a ton
5. RR
6. McEFHW
7. Big G
8. Joseph
9. faust

Plus this post from a few days before the one above.
The only person I wouldn't lynch would be Faust.

This looks potentially opportunistic to me with mcmc's and ash's votes already on faust. At the very least I think it requires a better explanation for why the change happened. Or was the town read on faust from before (he had him above Joseph) fabricated? Obviously though, that would have been better supplied at the time of the vote and not only after being questioned about it.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 14, 2017, 06:54:25 pm »

I also want to know where Jake's 180 came from, but I can wait until Sunday night.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 14, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »

I also want to know where Jake's 180 came from, but I can wait until Sunday night.

But can we wait for you until Sunday night?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 14, 2017, 08:17:35 pm »

Vote: Faust Just catching up and still won't be super active till Sunday night but I did a quick reread on Faust and have now been convinced of his scumminess.
This looks potentially opportunistic to me with mcmc's and ash's votes already on faust. At the very least I think it requires a better explanation for why the change happened. Or was the town read on faust from before (he had him above Joseph) fabricated? Obviously though, that would have been better supplied at the time of the vote and not only after being questioned about it.
Except unfortunately this kind of switch isn't alignment-specific for Jake.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 14, 2017, 08:28:59 pm »

It sounds like nothing is alignment-specific for Jake. Which I just don't buy at all. But mostly I want to know the rationale. I feel that has the potential to be more telling. Or rather I wanted to know it, because know he knows that we are waiting for rationale and I don't know if what he says will actually be truthful or sincere.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 14, 2017, 08:43:18 pm »

This is very unexpected given the post below from 1 day ago below and not something that a "quick reread" would be able to cause:

1. Awaclus
2. TWM
3. Ashersky
4. Mcmc: Where is this dude. I don't trust the massive controversialness and how he lurks a ton
5. RR
6. McEFHW
7. Big G
8. Joseph
9. faust

These were all posted before the battery of cases against Faust that have made him seem scummy in my eyes
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 14, 2017, 08:46:42 pm »

1. Awaclus
2. TWM
3. Ashersky
5. RR
6. McEFHW
7. Big G
8. Joseph
9. faust

These were all posted before the battery of cases against Faust that have made him seem scummy in my eyes

Which cases? Did you agree with all the points? What did you agree with them about? What did you think of faust's defenses?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 14, 2017, 10:19:53 pm »

I'm going to put all the elements of the case against gkrieg in one place and then see where we are.

1. What's in a name? 108: faust voted gkrieg's catalog of name abbreviations as anti-town because it prolonged RVS. I'm having trouble making this into a scumtell, and faust's threshhold for voting is pretty low. gkrieg followed up faust's vote with several questions about why.  Is that typical for town!gkrieg?

Then at 131 gkrieg says getting out of RVS early can cause mislynches. This was his third response to the vote. TWM then says "I feel like gkrieg is really defending himself here over something somewhat minor. I mean, the two people he is defending himself against aren't even voting for him." faust had moved on to McG by this time. So he seems defensive here, or he's putting in more throwaway comments, which also isn't good. 

2. A Word of Advice 204 gkrieg defends Jake from being lynched because of his behavior, then offers suggestions for Jake to improve his play.  I kind of thought we were done giving Jake suggestions - it's not like he hasn't heard that from many of us in many games. So this does seem like another unnecessary comment.  gkrieg's next several posts put pressure on Jake: questioning why he is in Jake's lynchpool (227), pointing out the OMGUS nature of Jake's scum-hunting (243), and challenging Jake on a contradiction about Joseph (291). Not sure what to make of the pressure on Jake now, but with a flip this could be helpful.

3. Not paying attention 295 I ask gkrieg who he thinks as scummy.  I've noticed he's been commenting but not taking any real positions.  At 297 he says "Don't know yet. Haven't been paying enough attention honestly." I feel skeptical about this.  He was advising/pressuring Jake through the 200's.  So he had to be paying close attention there.  And he's always immediately addressing any scumreads on him. 

This comes up again at 431, where he votes Robz and says "Haven't paid attention to vote counts". Maybe he is actually feeling lazy lately.  I don't know, but there had been 3 votes for Robz since the last vote count, so I think most town players would double check before voting. That's how I get to the idea that this a contrived nonchalance. 

When I voted him at 480, saying "His "I'm not paying attention" thing is starting to feel like an act", he responded at 498 with "Honestly I was just waiting for other games to go into night. Now I'll spend more time on this one." Plausible, I don't know.

4. History repeats itself Joseph does his stunt.  faust puts him to L-1, and Joseph claims UB.  faust posts but doesn't unvote.  I assume that is why gkrieg then voted faust at 332.  He doesn't actually give a reason.

374 is gkrieg's towniest post of the game: "I refuse to lynch Joseph without a counterclaim. Like I would hope that I died in the night if that happened so I didn't have to talk again about how horrible of a lynch it would be."

This post is where he realizes Robz is using the same arguments he did in M89 as scum. He also calls Joseph an IC.  Scum don't like there to be IC's, so that could be towny.

Here is the Robz post from M89.  It really is very similar.
But the big thing is, I don't believe Jake at all. So everything else is really beside the point. I absolutely still advocate his lynch. This is the claim scum makes--in fact, if I were Jake's partner, I would have told him to claim cop if he was in danger of being lynched, hoping to out a cop. I'm confident other vets very well may have done the same (in fact, maybe they did!). Lack of counterclaim means little in this setup.

So I'm still mega in favor of lynching Jake. More in favor of it, if anything.

He votes Robz.  Then at 457 he says "Before people voted for Robz, I put a line in my QT saying that this confirms Robz to be scum.  I honestly think he is acting the same as he did when we lynched Jake as the vanilla cop."  This is a little odd.  Maybe he is feeling proud of his discovery, which is reasonable. But why mention the comment he made in the QT? It isn't evidence of anything. And there's that "honestly" again.  Maybe someone could check if he does say that all the time. 

What really bothers me about it is that by this time Robz had given his defense, that he thought Awaclus was soft-claiming, and there were reasons to believe him.  But gkrieg is still making the earlier case, even though this new information does change the picture quite a bit.

He sticks to his guns, advocating Robz or Awaclus lynches.  But when Robz is finally hammered and says he was town, at 844 gkrieg said "Thank goodness". I'm really curious what he could have meant by that.

5. faust's case 594 faust mostly found different examples than I did of posts that could be read as scummy.  I don't understand why supporting Joseph was scummy.  faust did mention gkrieg's restating his theory without acknowledging the new information.  He felt gkrieg was artificially trying to keep his activity up, an impression I also have. As he has done throughout the game, gkrieg answered most of the points with explanations (628), but I couldn't get any sense of his alignment through what he said.

612 mcmc votes gkrieg based on faust's case, gkrieg again addresses it with explanations.  Is that typical of how he plays as town?

6. Knowing Day 2, this is the quote I didn't like, because of his use of the word "know".
I see, so you think that I was a scum wagon, and that Awaclus and Robz were town wagons.

Well, based on what you are saying, I know that all three wagons were on town.  I'll go back and do a little wagon analyisis then.

I realize this seems overly picky, but my feeling about it is that 1. he wanted to present himself as town, so he emphasized that would help his analysis and 2. town!gkrieg doesn't KNOW Awaclus was town, and he doesn't KNOW faust is town either, and faust is the basis for his townread on Awaclus.  I think he said "know" because he wanted to look towny, and then forgot that he couldn't actually know Awaclus's alignment as town.  It's a scumslip.  I know TWM doesn't agree, and did something similar, but I think this is worth making note of.

7. Rereading Soon after I voted gkrieg at 995 (for the knowing thing), he posts 1029 This is gkrieg's reread that ended with a vote on me. You can read my response at 1136. Suffice to say I had a lot of problems with it.

After my critique, gkrieg said it was a reread that ended with a vote, not an intention to make a case on me.  But he asks for responses to his "post on EFHW" at 1099, 1106, 1132, and 1134 where he reposts it. I think he was trying to undermine me because I was putting a lot of pressure on him.

I won't make a big deal about his thinking Calamitas is alive.  That could be anything.

1242  He does another reread of me.  You can find my responses at 1264. Basically I tried to clear up a series of misunderstandings.  This reread was more carefully done than the previous one, and it's hard not to have OMGUS, but I find the reasoning again pretty weak, yet presented as though it is strong.

This took much too long. Obviously, I get an overall scummy impression of gkrieg from this reread.  How does it add up for other people?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:35 pm »

It sounds like nothing is alignment-specific for Jake. Which I just don't buy at all. But mostly I want to know the rationale. I feel that has the potential to be more telling. Or rather I wanted to know it, because know he knows that we are waiting for rationale and I don't know if what he says will actually be truthful or sincere.
I try to focus on the other players and not get distracted by Jake's posts.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:05 am »

Well I can say what I think of EFHW's case.

1. Being defensive is often a good way to move the game forward. I don't see much out of the ordinary in this.

2. Are you suggesting that his treatment of Jake is scummy? Because there's nothing indicating a read in this paragraph. So I suppose I can ignore it for now.

3. Hrm, the exchange with Jake is easy contributions either way, I don't understand why you say that one has to be paying close attention to do that. We know that gkrieg has been scum in another game meanwhile, that always drains a lot of resources.

I don't understand how faking to be disengaged is beneficial for scum!gkrieg.

4. So 374 is towny? Maybe a bit. Bit really it is just standard mafia theory and not in any way extraordinary. There is something towny about the frustration that resonates in this post, but the content really shouldn't sway you either way.

I definitely concede that gkrieg's treatment of the Robz wagon was scummy stuff.

5. Not much to say, as obviously it was my case and I thought the things in there were scummy. I don't get the spinning of gkrieg's explanations as a bad thing. I mean that's just good pro-town play.

6. I really don't buy the scumslip argument at all. How does saying "know" make gkrieg look towny? (I mean you imply that's why he said it, so could you clarify what you thought was going on in gkrieg's head?)

7. I don't think your fighting is very alignment-indicative. Also much of that argument relies on EFHW being town, so it's hard for me to buy into that.

I won't make a big deal about his thinking Calamitas is alive.  That could be anything.
I don't get how you can post a thorough analysis of a player and then simply skip the thing that is most worth analyzing. You say it could be "anything"; what does that mean?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 15, 2017, 11:13:12 am »

I will let you know once talking about it is a good idea.

That's too bad. I thought you were softing full town RB, which makes Awaclus claim slightly more believable.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:51 am »

On phone so hard to respond to the whole case.

I don't know about 7, I honestly thought I was on to something with you (and still do) and felt like no one was listening to anything I said after I actually put time into a game when I was being scummy for not putting enough time in. I just wanted people to comment on my contributions to get me more involved in the game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 15, 2017, 12:16:02 pm »

Responding to faust.
-- gkrieg was saying that he could use his knowledge that he was town to get more insight from the wagons. That looked to me like an attempt to present himself as towny.

-- I think the advice to Jake was an unnecessary comment intended to make him seem active. So scummy in that sense.

-- His main defense is that he is more engaged as scum, so acting disengaged makes sense as an attempt to seem towny.

-- You said yourself you didn't like his vote for me, seeing as it was based in one post.

-- Either he genuinely forgot Calamitas was dead or he was faketownslipping. I don't know how to tell the difference.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 15, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »

Well gkrieg is townier than EFHW, but I don't really want to lnch either of them today.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 15, 2017, 12:31:01 pm »

Day end in 24 hours, and we're strictly in prod territory now. I know it's the weekend and all, but we need to make sure that people contribute tonight or tomorrow.

Request prod on ashersky, mcmcsalot, Joseph2302

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 15, 2017, 12:40:08 pm »

Well gkrieg is townier than EFHW, but I don't really want to lnch either of them today.

I agree.

If you aren't considering RR or Jake either, have you looked at ashersky?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 15, 2017, 12:41:19 pm »

I agree.

If you aren't considering RR or Jake either, have you looked at ashersky?

Oh duh. You did a reread on him. ashersky called it fair. I forgot. Can you explain the part about not killing Calamitis?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 15, 2017, 12:48:09 pm »

No one listened to me about teamlyle, either.

If gkrieg is scum, I think Jake would be a partner, so I'd also lynch there.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1297 on: January 15, 2017, 12:58:49 pm »

Jake is definitely a good place to lych.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 15, 2017, 01:56:30 pm »

No one listened to me about teamlyle, either.

If gkrieg is scum, I think Jake would be a partner, so I'd also lynch there.

I would still prefer faust but I would go for gkrieg.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:07 pm »

I will be around a little later.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 85  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.