Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 130589 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #475 on: April 04, 2014, 10:01:09 pm »

I guess I just don't understand how at the point in the game when this started either of you could have formed such strong reads to "fight like hell" then...

Maybe at this point, but not days and days ago...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 04, 2014, 10:02:17 pm »

The other thing is, if Teproc's scum I'm confident I can catch him later. So as much as you will also disagree with this, he's a don't-lync-day-1 type for me too.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 04, 2014, 10:44:25 pm »

yeah... that is lame.

Why can't you catch anyone else on later days. That holds true for everyone, everyone is easier to read on later days

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 04, 2014, 10:51:21 pm »

Yeah, but he's easier. You're telling me there's no-one you're better reading than others?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 04, 2014, 10:54:08 pm »

Yeah, but he's easier. You're telling me there's no-one you're better reading than others?

I thought so at one time, but at this point... no I don't. I think that was a fallacy I allowed myself to get trapped into. I am equally horrible at reading people all the time (so yeah, I am not super confident about my being confident one of you or Teproc is scum... but I have to do something here don't I?) Maybe newbies I have a harder time with, but even that has been proven wrong as I have been pretty good at finding newbie scum...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 04, 2014, 10:55:46 pm »

's fine then. I'm not changing the way I play, though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 04, 2014, 11:15:06 pm »

Ok... but really we have gotten off topic.

To reiterate... I think teproc is scummy because:

1. he attempted to use a "policy vote" (yes I am going to continue calling it that despite our conversation about it... which I don't think anyone wants to get into again) against me and then sought out ways to later justify it
2. has gone out of his way to defend voltaire in a situation where I don't think he should have had such a strong townread on him
3. accusing me of OMGUS and attempting to discredit him when I believe that was apparently not the case.
4. has used a "meta" to justify this--really that I one thing that keeps me coming back to Teproc. Everything he has done this game has been based off meta-reads. Policy voting, townread on Voltaire, not liking claiming. Nothing seems new or original to this game. It is like he is sticking to what he is and not deviating from it in an attempt to seem authentic where I think true authenticity goes with the ebbs and flow and can deviate as the shape of the game adapts...

I think Voltaire is scummy because:
1. of the way he "well egged I guess I can't use" but flamed (is that ok) the fire of suspicion on me during my exchange with Teproc, again on something that was solely meta based--but this time certainly not true... my supposed tendency to only be frustrated as scum.
2. his sheeping and defending of teproc, again at a very early stage where I think it perhaps a bit unlikely that such a strong townread could be formed
3. also I found the quick to state ash as town, then backing off that as time went by to be a bit scummy
4. the fake irony thing joth pointed out

Add in that I feel that my argument with Teproc felt similar--if the content wasn't exactly the same--as my argument with Robz in Diffusion of Power--in regard to how everyone else responded to it... basically "meh, yuma is arguing again"

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

4. has used a "meta" to justify this--really that I one thing that keeps me coming back to Teproc. Everything he has done this game has been based off meta-reads. Policy voting, townread on Voltaire, not liking claiming. Nothing seems new or original to this game. It is like he is sticking to what he is and not deviating from it in an attempt to seem authentic where I think true authenticity goes with the ebbs and flow and can deviate as the shape of the game adapts...

Now that is actually interesting.

Also, lurker vote vote: jotheonah.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 04, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »

Also, lurker vote vote: jotheonah.

Really? joth?

Do you disagree with my assessment about lurkers that I laid out a few posts ago?

And even if you do disagree about that I think you must be voting completely off post counts, because while he is lower, I think his content has been good and high since he finally showed up. Your post count would be pretty low too if you weren't around for the first 4 days.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 04, 2014, 11:37:52 pm »

Oh, right. unvote. I still haven't read this game in full.

vote: ADK then. Does that meet your approval?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 04, 2014, 11:43:23 pm »

vote: voltaire

this is a lynch of substance.

plus my read on Volt has been getting steadily scummier.

plus I like lynching one of two people who have had a real 1v1 conflict, it gives good info.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »

this is a lynch of substance.

plus my read on Volt has been getting steadily scummier.

Why?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 04, 2014, 11:47:04 pm »

WHY

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2014, 12:22:44 am »

Drunk re-reading this thread since apparently I'm #*%%&ing up enough to get mislynched D1...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2014, 12:26:30 am »

Idea: flavor claim. Thoughts?

vote: robz Bandwagon!

Is scum the first to bring this up? I lean no. Tiny town-points for mail-mi.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 05, 2014, 12:33:45 am »

very scummy of Voltaire to just skip past it...

People have been after me since the start. It gives me an ego.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2014, 12:39:39 am »

This is beyond pointless by the way, but I'm René Descartes.

I doubt that this is a serious vote.

Better ?

OK, this actually looks scummy.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2014, 12:41:01 am »

It sounds like you know scum has fake claims rather than suspect

I thought you were making a joke about the fact that I sounded certain of something while claiming René Descartes.

oh, duh

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 05, 2014, 01:00:18 am »

Have we gotten anything from Scott or ADK yet?

Yeah, man, those guys need to post more...vote: scott_pilgrim

Okay I'm here, sorry.  So far it looks like people have just been talking about theory, and whether they should be talking about theory.  I don't mind theory talk but I don't think anyone has come up with anything big and I don't expect them to.  The SK plan seems pointless, they should already have decided for themselves whether to claim.  I think there's this idea that once we stop talking about theory suddenly people will get into arguments and the social deduction mayhem will ensue, but I don’t see why they can’t coincide, I mean maybe it clutters up the thread, so that's a thing.

Has anyone done anything scummy yet?  I don't think so, I guess I'm kind of in spectator mode until something exciting happens, which I know is not the best way to play but there you go.  Man I feel like I say that every game D1.  You guys can vote me for lurking if you like, but joth has posted less than me so why not vote him instead.

Okay instead of being super unhelpful let me try to think about what has happened this game.  People talked about theory.  Then people talked about whether they should talk about theory.  Teproc cluttered up the thread a bit talking about how theory talk clutters up the thread, whether he netted a positive or negative or equal amount of clutter by saying that over and over again, I don't know.  But is he scummy for it?  I mean I feel like maybe there's something there, but really it just doesn't tell us anything.  Robz hasn't claimed IC status yet, so that's something.  I guess what interests me is why are people voting for Teproc, I still don't really get it.  Are all four of those votes actually serious?  (Not "actually" as in are you guys crazy, "actually" as in I'm making sure I know what's happening.)  And if they are I assume they're like, well this is the scummiest we've seen but I'm just waiting to see what happens, and not like, let's lynch Teproc guys he's totally scum.

Thank you for that profoundly insightful post, unvote

BLAH

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 05, 2014, 01:06:15 am »

So it seems like people have stopped talking about theory and have are now talking about whether people should be lynched for wanting to talk about theory or not wanting to talk about theory, but...

People have brought up the possibility of number-claiming, and isn't that something we'd pretty much have to do day one in order for it to be useful? I assume that information isn't included in the flip. For that matter, would a converted SK flip as such, or would they flip as a VT?

As to who's scummy or not: it's hard to tell since most of the talk has been theory talk (besides the random wagon on Andrew) or people arguing over whether theory talk is good or not, and I have no real experience with that matter- I've never been in a game where a mass claim happened early on. I do find Axxle a little scummy for his repeated "I'll be back when theory talk is over", you can talk about stuff while other people are talking you know, or even try to stop them from doing it. Making excuses to lurk at the very least seems anti-town.

Vote: Axxle

This is a deceptively empty post. Vote: ADK

CORRECT

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 05, 2014, 01:07:34 am »

Yuma, I'm not really paying attention to it. I don't think his case has merit, but I don't know that he's scummy for it. I think you're trying to win the argument too hard.

fine. unvote

let me know when you want my input

Oh uh. This is actually a scum!yuma trait.

Seeeee? I did this after yuma changed the way he was behaving, that jumped way the out at me. That is making a case/pointing something out, not fanning the flames.

But re-thinking this, eh. Not D1, probably town, whatever.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2014, 01:12:06 am »

and then the thread becomes nonsense about me.

SUMMARY
Scummy - S_P, ADK - both say this game sucks, why does it suck, doesn't do anything to make it not suck, theorel - first to say I fan the flames, not much substance in posts? maybe? Gut feel scummy

Town - yuma (this is re-energized yuma - obstinate!), Robz (town Robz lurks D1, he'd be conscious of that as scum, this is also re-energized town!Robz or at least it is this D1!), Teproc (WE SHARE A HIVEBRAIN)

??? - ash (why did I have the town read? oh right some WIFOM about his giant post about how he broke the original setup, that was why)

vote: ADK feels great. Really great!

Next post will be the "who didn't I mention?" post.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2014, 01:14:22 am »

A ton of people!

2.   XerxesPraelor - too lurk to lurk
6.   jotheonah - yuma snapped so eh
7.   sudgy - too lurk to lurk
8.   Axxle - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. reads super-scummy but he's always flipped town when I've thought that since his return and pretty sure this is our first game.
9.   mail-mi - argh no read
12.  AndrewisFTTW - oh weird he disappeared
14.  mcmcsalot - not lynching today for personal reasons

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 05, 2014, 01:15:36 am »

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 05, 2014, 01:24:19 am »

12.  AndrewisFTTW - oh weird he disappeared

Oh weird I was on a gig and just got off. If you have a scum read on me just say it instead of subtly suggesting that I'm lurking or whatever it is you're doing. It's annoying.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.