Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 145569 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D5: Human Being Day)
« Reply #1150 on: May 09, 2018, 03:39:29 pm »

However, and this is what I keep fucking coming back to.... GK was town read as shit when we started this day. So (in the world where it is Skum!GK), why in all of hell would he push for a No Lynch day? There is no Meta tomorrow if he gets a mislynch today - if he was skum he would just win.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 09, 2018, 04:35:34 pm »

However, and this is what I keep fucking coming back to.... GK was town read as shit when we started this day. So (in the world where it is Skum!GK), why in all of hell would he push for a No Lynch day? There is no Meta tomorrow if he gets a mislynch today - if he was skum he would just win.
He wants a 50% chance of picking correctly vs a 33% chance.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 09, 2018, 04:37:38 pm »

There would be a missing kill if Space tried to do an nk, since commuter was hidden.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 09, 2018, 04:41:37 pm »

I think I'm not understanding your question. Are you talking about town!gkrieg wanting no lynch or scum!gkrieg? If the latter, why are you so mystified, you said you wanted to town read him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 09, 2018, 04:43:51 pm »

gkrieg having bp'd DatSwan gives DatSwan more town points. 

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: May 09, 2018, 04:53:06 pm »

Fine great. 100% if he is Town he gets a 0% chance tomorrow Of picking at all. I get the sentiment of “town having a 50% chance tomorrow”. But like to push the no vote would mean he thinks a towns chance at 50-50 tomorrow is preferable to lynching today with his opinions. Which is just weir.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 09, 2018, 05:54:29 pm »

gkrieg having bp'd DatSwan gives DatSwan more town points.

Which is what I said the day after I bpd him.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D3: Day of our So-Called Friend)
« Reply #1157 on: May 09, 2018, 06:42:20 pm »

Well I’m pretty sure my lynch pool is space/EFHW today.

Datswan is highly likely town btw

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 09, 2018, 10:23:22 pm »

Fine great. 100% if he is Town he gets a 0% chance tomorrow Of picking at all. I get the sentiment of “town having a 50% chance tomorrow”. But like to push the no vote would mean he thinks a towns chance at 50-50 tomorrow is preferable to lynching today with his opinions. Which is just weir.
Sharing the opinions today is good. I agree he probably will die tonight. Then you will have the 50% chance.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 10, 2018, 01:10:52 am »

So I am sure you are all already here.. but just in case this is what I have for the NK actions:

N1: Mafia and SK both shoot separate Town Players (Faust and MCMC).

N2: Mafia RBs the SK (thus learning it is O, bc E! still dies). SK shoots E!. (Results in 1 death - E!).

N3: Mafia shoots the "known SK". SK doesn't die so now they know the set up within reason. The SK either shoots the Mafia RS target, the Hidden Commuter, or BP!Swan. (results in no deaths).

N4: Mafia kills SK (O). SK shoots Cuzz. (Results in 2 deaths - O and Cuzz).
- So now there is the whole Tracker vs SK bit for Mafia. Do they find the SK more of a threat than the Tracker? I wanna say yes, so that checks out.
- SK kind of has to assume at this point that either they targeted a randomly BPd player, the hidden commuter, or the Mafia RS target. Since we lynched the RS it is down to Hidden Commuter or BP target. Because of.. IDK, let's call it "math"... they would probably choose to kill Tracker and not risk them being around.

So if O shot me on N3 then I have no BP left and if O shot the RS target on N3 I still have a BP on.

I have to be honest, this would be a great Skum Line to take. Think about it - if GK is fake claiming he can choose to either kill me or not kill based on the game state today. If he thinks killing me will make it look like the conf!situation is I got soaked on N3, then he can kill me and essentially have EFHW/LL choosing between one and other. If he is fake claiming and thinks that me waking up dead will create doubt, then he could kill EFHW or LL. Hell, if we do something dumb like no lynch he could even choose not to shoot tonight, knowing that it is the same situation tomorrow and then play it off like skum was stupid enough to shoot me at night, essentially ICing himself and forcing us to choose between how we want to lose.

And then on the other hand maybe he is BP and targeted me N3.

I hate Mafia.

real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 10, 2018, 01:46:12 am »

If you look at what I quoted myself i would need to have planned this fake claim at the beginning of day 4. Which invalidates some of your points above.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 10, 2018, 02:32:33 am »

I mean if you were gonna do it that’s when you would of planned it - that being said... i do admit that you could be just like telling the truth
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 10, 2018, 02:32:54 am »

Also LL wtf man where are you?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 10, 2018, 05:11:49 am »

here's what's going on with me and why i am silent.

I think that Swan is town, most likely to be killed toNight or the other Night. I don't see him being scum at all. If you are, my props, I would declare you MVP of all times.

I think that gkrieg can lie about being BPer but we can't really say if RB and RS were 1-shot, even analyzing the kills, because if the scumteam is Galz/SA/gkrieg, they would imagine such a beautiful and deceiving plan that we would see it long after their win, those people are like the smartest in this game. To sum up my thoughts about gkrieg: he can be BPer or he can be not BPer, we can't say for sure right now. Even his avalanche thrown on Space can be a part of grand scheme and I won't stop suspecting him until the game is over.

EFHW is very good at this game and iirc, practically all her MVPs were achieved as scum player. We were scums together with Robz being the third one once and I was genuinely fascinated by the level of her play. So if this will come to me/EFHW/gkrieg in the end, I would really-really be afraid to make a mistake and I don't think my thinking and analytical skills will be able to say that one of them is 100% scum.

This is really breaking me, being town surrounded by excellent scum-players, reminds me of the game i read, which was the first RR game where he was left with IG and Awaclus, one of them being SK. That's really hard.

What is even harder is that I am suspected. I would rather not, if I were a pr, I'd just claim and hooray, I'm an IC, but I hate being VT just because there's essentially nothing you can do to be proven innocent (unless being copped or something). Don't suspect me, I am not scum here, if I were, you all know that would be obvious from my very first steps. I was really happy to step in as Town and yeah, the 3-person LyLo where I get to decide frightens me a lot, but not as if I will be lynched by scum!gkrieg and town!efhw who was convinced by scum!gkrieg or scum!efhw and town!gkrieg who was convinced by scum!efhw. Don't do that.

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 10, 2018, 07:16:18 am »

@Lalight, Your concerns about me and gkrieg seem to be based on our play in past games. What about the things we have done in this game?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 10, 2018, 07:22:01 am »

I find it very unlikely that scum!gkrieg would fake claim BP in that situation. It's risky, and what does it get him? Maybe town!cred, but any other PR among town would have made it clear he was lying, or at least brought a lot of lasting suspicion.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 10, 2018, 08:09:09 am »

I find it very unlikely that scum!gkrieg would fake claim BP in that situation. It's risky, and what does it get him? Maybe town!cred, but any other PR among town would have made it clear he was lying, or at least brought a lot of lasting suspicion.

if you think so, then it worked

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 10, 2018, 08:09:58 am »

@Lalight, Your concerns about me and gkrieg seem to be based on our play in past games. What about the things we have done in this game?

well, you both look extremely townie, but what good does it, if one of you is scum. actually gkrieg looks a little bit more townie than you, and in most it's because of BPer claim

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 10, 2018, 10:30:38 am »

well, you both look extremely townie, but what good does it, if one of you is scum. actually gkrieg looks a little bit more townie than you, and in most it's because of BPer claim

I don’t look townie from pushing for the two scum lynches that we have had so far?  I don’t really bus as scum (I know WIFOM) but even so those two would have to have been super hard busses. I was actively trying to get people on their wagons and making cases and such. Scum doesn’t bus like that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 10, 2018, 10:45:59 am »

I'm ready to vote: Lalight, but I won't object to no lynch.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: May 10, 2018, 10:48:05 am »

My point is that it only seems to have worked because there was no counterclaim. Scum!gkrieg would know he was at very high risk of being counterclaimed.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 10, 2018, 11:29:37 am »

I don’t look townie from pushing for the two scum lynches that we have had so far?  I don’t really bus as scum (I know WIFOM) but even so those two would have to have been super hard busses. I was actively trying to get people on their wagons and making cases and such. Scum doesn’t bus like that.

Beyond my bussing, there was the attempt by Space to distract from the Galzria wagon with a wagon on me.  Scum doesn't try to get the alternative wagon going on their scum partner.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 10, 2018, 11:55:36 am »

Wow this is scummy!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 10, 2018, 11:56:11 am »

Wow this is scummy!

How is that scummy?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 10, 2018, 11:56:43 am »

My point is that it only seems to have worked because there was no counterclaim. Scum!gkrieg would know he was at very high risk of being counterclaimed.

Hmmm fair...

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.