Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 296110 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2450 on: February 25, 2019, 04:22:20 pm »

I'll write up some flavor in a bit to put here, but figure you all want the official flip and time to talk.

Debatepro has been lynched. They were Ludwig Wittgenstein, the Vanilla Townie.

The scumteam of silverspawn, Uncleeurope, and arishipshape has won!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: February 25, 2019, 04:26:55 pm »

Thread unlocked

I'm torn between giving the MVP to silverspawn or Uncleeurope, happy to hear feedback on the choice between the two of them. I thought you played well, Ari, a very good outing and starting out as scum can be very stressful. Just that claim at the end of D2...

Also, here's the last comic I had prepared in this series:

I'm going to give people a day in case they want to redact anything before I release personal threads and the mod thread (an abyss you may not want gazing back into you, probably don't ever click that monstrosity when I post it.)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: February 25, 2019, 04:29:20 pm »

Can we at least have the spectator one?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: February 25, 2019, 04:30:04 pm »

Thread unlocked

I'm torn between giving the MVP to silverspawn or Uncleeurope, happy to hear feedback on the choice between the two of them. I thought you played well, Ari, a very good outing and starting out as scum can be very stressful. Just that claim at the end of D2...

Also, here's the last comic I had prepared in this series:

I'm going to give people a day in case they want to redact anything before I release personal threads and the mod thread (an abyss you may not want gazing back into you, probably don't ever click that monstrosity when I post it.)

I vote Uncle! Had me straight bamboozled.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: February 25, 2019, 04:30:48 pm »

shraeye, raerae, you will feel my wrath. Mark my words.

If the game was just D1, I would definitly pick arishipshape for taking a scumrole as their first game and playing really towny, but then they falled off so much... Ah, that reminds me, I was going to flip on you so hard D2, good job lynching me.

I really loved Uncle's performance, I'm almost sure he would survive LyLo instantly, but I think ss' the one that remained under the radar all game...I would have to reread to be sure, tempted to give it to Uncle since they're more of a newbie? Maybe the scum QT makes a difference.

Good game, everyone, happy I joined, really really fun!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)
« Reply #2455 on: February 25, 2019, 04:38:08 pm »

Shraeye would absolutely have been my MVP pick if town had won.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: February 25, 2019, 04:39:17 pm »

Uncle for sure, at this point.  Scum QT might make me change my mind.

@ Umbrage: Like, even after boldly lynching so many town in the first 3 days and then relying on others to clean up for me??

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: February 25, 2019, 04:40:06 pm »

Let the record indicate that, as wrong and terrible as I was, I never gave an IC-pass to scum  ;)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: February 25, 2019, 04:41:40 pm »

I am very, very partial, but I didn't like either IC's performance this game...but shraeye did a good job D2, I'll give him that.

I'm sure town was doomed when Joseph died and Uncle was scum (while faust wasn't), essencially meant there would always be one more mislynch.

So clearly Uncle's MVP.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: February 25, 2019, 04:44:08 pm »

Yeah the whole scumteam played really well, Ari's Day 1 was very impressive, and he had the one actual role. And I thought SS did a lot of really clever distancing. And UE had so little suspicion somehow, although I know he was feeling it a bit in the middle of the game, I think it's actually impressive how little suspicion he attracted.

A lot of scum's power here was honestly in knowing (or at least strongly suspecting) that there was a Neapolitan, I think that's actually a big nerf for those type of roles, it makes crumbing much more dangerous and allows scum to think about the right type of claims ahead of time and hunt for specific types of PR instead of just PR in general.

I thought EFHW made really good use of her ability, there were a few nights she almost caught scum with it and they changed who was going to perform the kill at the last minute.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: February 25, 2019, 04:45:39 pm »

I leave for a few hours, and the game is over. Gg. That claim and hammer were both accidental, I would take alot more credit for the win if I didn't do those 2 things. Well played everyone.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 25, 2019, 04:45:53 pm »

I'm leaning Eddie also since I drew more suspicion, which is ultimately the most important thing.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 25, 2019, 04:46:54 pm »

@ Umbrage: Like, even after boldly lynching so many town in the first 3 days and then relying on others to clean up for me??

Boldly lynching town is towny! More specifically because although the wagons you led weren't so great you saved mail-mi from being lynched in a way that I thought was pretty helpful to town, you picked up on what a lot of your teammates were doing, and your reads weren't as bad as you're making them out to be. You may not have been all over the scumteam, but you prevented a few lynchable townies from being lynched and I think that's important too. At least that's what it looked like from the outside.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 25, 2019, 04:49:54 pm »

I don't see the point of MD when scum has literally no other roles: it catches 2 players, one of which is the cop, that's terrible.

But then you see 11-3 with PRs and I'm pretty sure that's already town favoured, right?

MD was still a pretty big red herring, where it usually means there's other roles and/or X-shot ninja, neither of which were true. But if EFHW knew there was nothing else, then it would essencially be tracker, which is much, much better.

I find it interesting how new!scum got the Enabler, that just sounds perfect...

Also you just made me remember mail-mi's terrible breadcrumb, which is probably how town lost the game. ss saw that, right?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 25, 2019, 04:50:09 pm »

Fun fact: in night 2, we (well, particularly I, but I was dragging the remaining team with me) were falling into this spiral of theorizing that shraeye must have some kind of neighborizing role (or alternatively, someone else must have) that lets him communicate with mail-mi, since he suddenly seemed to have information that wasn't in the thread. Particularly this post

UPDATE:

I HIGHLY SUSPECT ARI IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS ROLE BUT IS SCUM.  Soooo, yup; good thought exercise.

made me think there had to be more stuff going on. It just screamed extra knowledge to me.

But it turns out we were completely wrong and shraeye was just expressing a read.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 25, 2019, 04:50:47 pm »

Oh, so Hume is the Neapolitan enabler because he woke Kant (the Neapolitan) from his dogmatic slumber.

I was really hoping SS would be lynched so I could do some flavor with Descartes being right about the evil demon. Scum fakeclaims were Epictetus and Camus.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 25, 2019, 04:52:03 pm »

@ari @eddie do you want to edit anything out? Otherwise can share the QT right now. And I'd like to see the speccy!

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 25, 2019, 04:52:53 pm »

Oh, so Hume is the Neapolitan enabler because he woke Kant (the Neapolitan) from his dogmatic slumber.

I was really hoping SS would be lynched so I could do some flavor with Descartes being right about the evil demon. Scum fakeclaims were Epictetus and Camus.
Me too. I was also really looking forward to my seemingly inevitable lynch just for the flavor.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 25, 2019, 04:53:58 pm »

@ari @eddie do you want to edit anything out? Otherwise can share the QT right now. And I'd like to see the speccy!
I bet the town is looking forward to seeing our thoughts. I know I would in their place. Go ahead

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: February 25, 2019, 04:54:12 pm »

Beautiful flavor, by the way: I know I would be hype to be any philosopher, but I especially like Descartes and his "nah nothing is true. Oh I exist. Okay everything exists too"

@ari, how did you (really) react to my townread on you? Genually curious.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 25, 2019, 04:56:25 pm »

I’m fine with it being outed.

Regarding mail-mi, I had a strong gut read day 1 that he was the neap, I didn’t pressure it because it seemed silly to push the other guys to go for my gut over a mason, but it did mean I was watching mail-mi like a hawk day 2, which just confirmed my suspicion.

And I want the spectator thing, too.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: February 25, 2019, 04:58:23 pm »

I do think the setup was somewhat town favored, based on how close it felt after three mislynches and killing neap with just one result and dodging all of EFHW's targets. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the MD in particular, just with the amount of power.

I’m fine with it being outed.

Regarding mail-mi, I had a strong gut read day 1 that he was the neap, I didn’t pressure it because it seemed silly to push the other guys to go for my gut over a mason, but it did mean I was watching mail-mi like a hawk day 2, which just confirmed my suspicion.

Yeah. Actually, since you were the main reason we ended up targeting mail-mi, you should definitely get the MVP, because killing mail-mi there was super important.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 25, 2019, 04:58:45 pm »

Beautiful flavor, by the way: I know I would be hype to be any philosopher, but I especially like Descartes and his "nah nothing is true. Oh I exist. Okay everything exists too"

@ari, how did you (really) react to my townread on you? Genually curious.
I thought it was foolish, quite frankly. No insult intended, you would have been an epic boon for town if you lived. Regardless, I feel because I had no established meta and was intentionally providing minimal content to the conversation (mostly just yelling about how others weren't providing content lol) that, while lynching me would have been premature, trusting me wouldn't have been smart. Therefore, I distanced myself from you. And the rest was history.

Oh, and jumping off your wagon at the last second, that was what I thought I would have done were I town. Wasn't gunning for towncred or anything.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 25, 2019, 04:59:05 pm »

I nominate uncle for the MVP.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.