Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 264066 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1300 on: June 12, 2020, 10:31:59 am »

How long do we have until deadline?

Not long. Vote for EFHW or cube.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 12, 2020, 10:39:52 am »

I think the claim looks good. It seems like a difficult thing to lie about. He could still be scum with that role, I guess, but there are better lynches.
What is your guess on max. number of windrunners in town?
Sigh. I don’t know why I even bother.
I just don't think outguessing the mod is useful here. We do not have nearly enough information on the setup, we don't even know how many scum there are. How can we make meaningful estimates for how many of a particular role there are?
Ohh a real answer. Thanks :)
I see roleblocker / watcher / cop as the strongest available town abilities because they can net scum. So my expectation is that we’re not going to be overloaded on those in town power.

But ok, I respect your pov.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 12, 2020, 10:41:35 am »

Glooble, deadline is at 3 Forum Time

vote: EFHW should put her at L-2, according to Joth's unofficial VC. (Yams should be getting up and around soon for the official one)

Hyper's claim has some towniness to it, and there is a squire that can vouch for him. although they could both be scum, but that would sucks for scum to lose both in a single lynch, so not likely.

I am really trying to be fair in my read of EFHW. A claim would help, but she's the boss of her, so we'll see...

PPE 1
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 12, 2020, 10:42:32 am »

I think the claim looks good. It seems like a difficult thing to lie about. He could still be scum with that role, I guess, but there are better lynches.
I just don't think outguessing the mod is useful here. We do not have nearly enough information on the setup, we don't even know how many scum there are. How can we make meaningful estimates for how many of a particular role there are?
I see roleblocker / watcher / cop as the strongest available town abilities because they can net scum. So my expectation is that we’re not going to be overloaded on those in town power.

Which orders do you expect that we have a lot of to make up for that?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1304 on: June 12, 2020, 10:50:36 am »

3 pm forum time is 5 hours? That doesn't track with estimates in earlier vote counts.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #1305 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:17 am »

"Light grows so distant. The storm never stops. I am broken, and all around me have died. I weep for the end of all things. He has won. Oh, he has beaten us."

—Collected on Palahakev 1173, 16 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a Thaylen sailor

Vote Count 1.9

chairs (1): Dylan32
hypercube (6): chairs, MiX, Rhand, Glooble, jotheonah, EFHW
MiX (1): scolapasta
EFHW ( 8 ): cayvie, faust, Uncleeurope, Jimmmmm, hypercube, LaLight, Galzria, WestCoastDidds {L-2}
Galzria (1): GreathallScout

Not Voting (1): Swowl,

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 3:00pm FT on June 12, 2020. That's in about 4 hours.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:48 am »

OK, knee-jerk here is that the squire claim is fishy.

We're in a game where everyone is a PR. So what do you claim to make town say "oh wow we should keep this person around"? Well, claiming that you're not only a PR but also an enabler for another PR would be a way to go. And how convenient that it's something that's not in the (very extensive) setup.

Color me skeptical.

I thought Windrunners would have a squire. Read the wiki, it's there. He's read the source material, I'll give him that. And by source material I mean the wiki.

I could've made this exact fakeclaim. Any reason not to claim who the squire is? They can Bodyguard you after all.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 12, 2020, 11:09:27 am »

We're in a game where everyone is a PR. So what do you claim to make town say "oh wow we should keep this person around"? Well, claiming that you're not only a PR but also an enabler for another PR would be a way to go. And how convenient that it's something that's not in the (very extensive) setup.

Color me skeptical.

I thought Windrunners would have a squire. Read the wiki, it's there. He's read the source material, I'll give him that. And by source material I mean the wiki.

I could've made this exact fakeclaim. Any reason not to claim who the squire is? They can Bodyguard you after all.

Why would I make them claim?

vote: Mix
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 12, 2020, 11:11:21 am »

Color me skeptical.

Why are you voting me? You're right, I didn't think it through.

Why are you town? Why should we believe you're town?

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 12, 2020, 11:17:19 am »

Color me skeptical.

Why are you voting me? You're right, I didn't think it through.

Why are you town? Why should we believe you're town?

I'm voting for you because I know I'm town, and your efforts to get me lynched have progressed past scumhunting into reaching.

Why am I town? Because I know a cult is a much bigger threat to town than scum, for one. I wouldn't have bothered risking all those claims of third party hunting against me as scum.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 12, 2020, 11:19:33 am »

I'm voting for you because I know I'm town, and your efforts to get me lynched have progressed past scumhunting into reaching.

Why am I town? Because I know a cult is a much bigger threat to town than scum, for one. I wouldn't have bothered risking all those claims of third party hunting against me as scum.

Uh...no. Just...the opposite of yes.

Lemme ISO you and be right back.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 12, 2020, 11:20:58 am »

Which orders do you expect that we have a lot of to make up for that?
Edgedancers and Elsecallers maybe.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 12, 2020, 11:25:34 am »

Other points against MiX:

The only defence against voting for EFHW and insisting it's a mislynch is "too scummy to be scum."

Chairs didn't townslip, and insisting he did was possibly out of fear of missing a real township.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 12, 2020, 11:27:46 am »

Other points against MiX:

The only defence against voting for EFHW and insisting it's a mislynch is "too scummy to be scum."

Chairs didn't townslip, and insisting he did was possibly out of fear of missing a real township.

Oh my, I can't have gut townreads anymore, how dare I.

What does chairs have to do with me.

The (incomplete) reread tells me you're town. So please start acting like it. Your D1 is terrible and you know it. Can you vote scum now? And no, that won't be EFHW. You think you're the scum counterwagon?

Oh, I guess you do since you think I'm scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 12, 2020, 11:28:47 am »

Yeah scummy claim is still scummy.

People are saying that it's towny because the squire can confirm it ... but (1) they haven't and (2) even if they did, they could just be his partner.

People are saying it's towny because it matches the flavor but that just means cube did his homework.

Why do people like this claim? Classic FDS back off after any claim.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 12, 2020, 11:29:57 am »

People are saying that it's towny because the squire can confirm it ... but (1) they haven't and (2) even if they did, they could just be his partner.

People are saying it's towny because it matches the flavor but that just means cube did his homework.

The claim is good because it's the truth. This is exactly what Windrunners would do. Do you think he's lying? He would be caught eventually. In fact, any other Windrunner could counterclaim right now!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 12, 2020, 11:34:05 am »

@lallight What did EFHW do that you think is scummy? I see nothing.

she's just not townie enough unlike the alternatives
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 12, 2020, 11:34:41 am »

The claim is good because it's the truth. This is exactly what Windrunners would do. Do you think he's lying? He would be caught eventually. In fact, any other Windrunner could counterclaim right now!
What would another Windrunner be counterclaiming then?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 12, 2020, 11:35:31 am »

If it's a lie, they can...you know...call him out on a lie.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 12, 2020, 11:37:55 am »

If it's a lie, they can...you know...call him out on a lie.
You think him having a squire means all Windrunners have one?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: June 12, 2020, 11:38:15 am »

vote: Cube

It’s not impossible that his dying cost Town 2 PR’s, but it feels more balanced that he and his squire would be of opposing alignment. Sadly I think it makes more sense for him to be Town & his Squire to be scum (disincentivizing scum from killing him at night), but as we don’t know the identity of his Squire... And it certainly works with him as scum and his squire as Town too - as a way to balance a potential scum death, although there would be nothing to hurt scum in killing his Squire in this situation. I very, very much doubt they’re both scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 12, 2020, 11:40:14 am »

Hm this confirms joth isn’t mafia with cube or his squire.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 12, 2020, 11:42:01 am »

is it me or a lot of people behave toxic? I don't know, feeling unfriendly atmosphere in thread.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 12, 2020, 11:43:21 am »

vote: Cube

It’s not impossible that his dying cost Town 2 PR’s, but it feels more balanced that he and his squire would be of opposing alignment. Sadly I think it makes more sense for him to be Town & his Squire to be scum (disincentivizing scum from killing him at night), but as we don’t know the identity of his Squire... And it certainly works with him as scum and his squire as Town too - as a way to balance a potential scum death, although there would be nothing to hurt scum in killing his Squire in this situation. I very, very much doubt they’re both scum.
I'm confused. Most of this post looks like arguments against lynching hypercube?

- possibility of losing 2 town PRs
- we know that he's part of a pairing who are not both scum
- the other part of that pairing is more likely scum

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 12, 2020, 11:46:37 am »

Hm this confirms joth isn’t mafia with cube or his squire.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it confirms him as not mafia with cube. If scum want to bus someone, surely it would the player that also lets them disable a town PR by dying?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.