Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 264131 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1225 on: June 12, 2020, 07:57:42 am »

hypercube

None of his really early game particularly interest me; talk about cults and alignment changes and houses. Gives a few stances on people which is fine and good.

I don't want to comment on things related to Eddie before Eddie does, but rereading the part of the game where Dylan claimed made him look a lot worse than I remembered.

He seems uninterested in the benefits of identifying a potential scum Dustbringer or inhibiting their ability to use their powers, like here:

As there can be multiple people in a given order, no one else should claim Dustbringer or not. Then if someone claims it later, use the spheres to use reporter to prove it. A Dustbringers claim without reporter is scum.

I don't think this point is saying anything other than finding someone scummy for disagreeing about something.

I think that if a town!Dustbringer claimed here they would be more likely to want to force a claim from any other Dustbringers. They'd understand that the Dustbringer powers are pretty scum-sided and that since they're town an other Dustbringer is more likely to be scum.

People have very different ideas about what claiming plans should happen; this is far more of an individual thing than it is an alignment tell. And the second part is either a probability fallacy or an unfounded assumption about how roles/alignments were distributed.

Here he says he didn't considered the possibility of a scum Dustbringer at all:

Ooh, good point. Yeah, I think it would work that way. However, this is assuming that scum could roll this order. A scum with extra vig power does seem maybe unbalanced. And looking back, I don't see anything that says whether the alignment of individuals in a given order is random or assigned or random in limited fashion, only that the numbers in each are random.

He explains this oversight with a misunderstanding of the setup, which doesn't say that the numbers are random, just that they aren't uniform across the orders. It's certainly possible for someone to misread the setup, but less likely that they'd misread it again after going back to correct themself.

I don't think this was an oversight or a misreading. I think "Can scum be Vigs?" is a very reasonable question to ponder, and he checked the setup to see if there was anything to indicate they couldn't and found nothing.

I also don't think that there was a pressing force for him to claim when he did; less than half of everyone had claimed at that point. If he had serious objections to claiming he had time to bring them up and be convinced that a scum Dustbringer could exist. I think it's more likely that he's scum and claimed in hopes that that would make him look towny.

vote: Dylan

Well sure, there was no one saying "Dylan it's your turn to claim", but if the number of claimers was approaching half of the players, then the claiming is well and truly happening.

Also, I think cayvie's reaction to Dylan's claim was kind of strange, they bring up some good questions about how and why Dylan claimed but don't scumread him for it because of the use of spheres to make the mod-posted message. I admit I also found the claim more towny than maybe I should have because of that message, though.

Questions != scumread. cayvie's questions (that I found): "hey Dylan, what's this?", "why is pushing back on this impossible?" (etc, to Galz), "was [message] the message you had the mods post... could you have made the mods post [anything you wanted]?". She also mentioned that scum can work together to claim Dustbringer. The only question I'm seeing that could be more than just information-seeking is the one to Galz, and well at least two people agreed that it was too late to prevent the claiming. So I'm not sure what would lead you to believe that cayvie should have scumread Dylan for this.

So... I don't really agree with any of this post.

Do you think he's not a Dustbringer?

If he's scum it's possible he's not a Dustbringer and someone else on the scum team is. That's less likely than him just being a scum Dustbringer though.

The first sentence seems to be a hugely unlikely conspiracy theory. If Dylan flips scum non-Dustbringer then we know one of his teammates is one. If someone else flips scum Dustbringer then we can ask Dylan to re-prove his reporter ability. Scum don't tell lies that can easily be found out just for the sake of it. Of course scum Dustbringer is more likely, but that just makes the claim NAI.

So, I disagree with a lot of hypercube's reasons for voting, but how much that correlates to scumminess I'm still trying to figure out. Seems like a fine lynch.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 12, 2020, 07:58:49 am »

* I'm town and you're demotivating me by taking potshots at me rather than engaging with me.
I may like to be a bit confrontational, but I don't see where I "took potshots at you". Being confrontational garners more reactions, and having reactions is pro-town.

* If you think I am mafia, then not explaining why is not going to convince anyone else that I am.
If you are town, then me convincing people that you're mafia would not exactly be pro-town, would it?

* Town needs to get as much alignment-showing info in thread as possible because that's how we find mafia.
I think I do a good amount of that in here without making a case on you. You are also refusing to explain to me why you're town, which would be more directly alignment-showing info.

* If you don't explain me why you think i am mafia, you're not giving yourself the chance to re-evaluate me.
I am giving myself plenty of chances at re-evaluation. If you want me to re-evaluate, you are free to make a case for why you are town.
Asking town why they're town is creating useless busywork. What do you want me to do? Iso my own posts and quote them for you?
If you would explain why you think I'm mafia you give me the chance to argue why I am not AND others the chance to look into your reasons and decide if you're right. It ticks both boxes.

LL? Really?

I would be ok with MiX.
Of course you would.
This post was a potshot.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 12, 2020, 08:01:06 am »

That's all I'm putting into this game for Today. I'll still be around for about another hour, so I can change my vote to support whichever acceptable wagon seems most likely, but then I'll probably be gone until after deadline.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 12, 2020, 08:01:06 am »

Rhand is the new Galzria. Give this man a D1, D2, D3, D4 and D5 pass, he is my IC and I shall sheep anything but his vote.

For evidence, well, he's butting heads with faust, what more do you want?

We don't know that Eddie can change alignment; unless I've missed something he's been avoiding that question. If he can change alignment then possibly he could be mafia-aligned.

I lumped "Eddie has always been mafia" together with "Eddie has changed alignment to mafia" and "Eddie is a third party which can't win with town" together as "Eddie is scum" because they're all the same with respect to if we should trust him.

You also lumped "Eddie is a third-party that can win with town" with "Eddie is town" which is questionable.

True, I didn't consider then that he could be a survivor and win with either. That doesn't seem very likely at all though.

Why wouldn't it be likely? He can just pretend to work with town.

Because his actions seem totally incompatible with survival being his only goal.
Being in a plan that helps town / convincing the IC that you're helping town while possibly aligning publicly with mafia in another QT makes sure neither side will kill you.

I don't see how that's a sustainable plan, neither town nor mafia would trust him unless he's consistently doing something concrete to help them. For example if the IC uses him to coordinate night actions, mafia will expect him to give them that information.

PPE 2
I have sigs off.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 12, 2020, 08:02:10 am »

Yeah, that does not sound like the way to survive long term.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 12, 2020, 08:02:35 am »

I believe that scolapasta is genuine, even if his content is anti-town at the moment.

EFHW, however, has been the biggest detractor from consolidation here. Her vote remains on Didds, who noone else is voting for, and she continues to participate in all this pointless talk rather than trying to find a good lynch.

I am now ready to

Vote: EFHW

I stayed on Didds awhile longer than initially planned because she was adding new scumminess to the case. I recognize that she won't be the lynch today. Arguing against the MiX lynch is not wasting time, since arguments were still being made in favor of it. Your assessment is unfair.

PPE 5

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 12, 2020, 08:10:36 am »

Re: Jimmmmm's reread of me, those are fair disagreements to have with my reasoning, although they don't convince me that Dylan is town. My comment about cayvie came from being surprised that she found Dylan's answers to her questions to be towny, while I found them to be pretty scummy.
I have sigs off.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 12, 2020, 08:10:59 am »

Asking town why they're town is creating useless busywork. What do you want me to do? Iso my own posts and quote them for you?
If you would explain why you think I'm mafia you give me the chance to argue why I am not AND others the chance to look into your reasons and decide if you're right. It ticks both boxes.
I do not think it's useless busywork. You have the most awareness of your own play, surely you can tell me what actions you took that you wouldn't as scum? Knowing what you think is townie for you also establishes a frame of reference for your meta, which is useful particularly as you are new to the site.

With the second part your true motivation shines through: You want me to post a case so you can argue against it. Which helps noone because it's trivially easy for scum to argue against any case on them, especially D1. That is useless busywork. Also right now I am more interested in how others read you when they don't have something to sheep or disagree with. It's easy to say "yes, that's a good case" or "no, it's weak", it is much more insightful if they are forced to come up with a read on their own.

LL? Really?

I would be ok with MiX.
Of course you would.
This post was a potshot.
Fair enough. I apologize.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 12, 2020, 08:16:10 am »

It was actually PPE 55. Busy night.

vote count please

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 12, 2020, 08:18:48 am »

vote count please
You're the leading wagon, hypercube is the opposing one, and you're both quite a long shot from being lynched.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 12, 2020, 08:21:26 am »

Good morning friends!

I’ll move my vote when we get a vote count
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 12, 2020, 08:25:18 am »

vote count please
You're the leading wagon, hypercube is the opposing one, and you're both quite a long shot from being lynched.

Yes, thank you. I was aware of these things. Are you scumreading my asking for a vote count now?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 12, 2020, 08:26:52 am »

vote count please

Yes, thank you. I was aware of these things. Are you scumreading my asking for a vote count now?
I will be scumreading you if you use not having a vote count as an excuse for not doing anything (hi Didds!).

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 12, 2020, 08:30:14 am »

Good morning friends!

I’ll move my vote when we get a vote count

Vote Count 1.-1:

Not voting (18): Dylan32, LaLight, faust, MiX, hypercube, scolapasta, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, Rhand, cayvie,  jotheonah, EFHW, Uncleeurope, Galzria, GreatHallScout, chairs, Glooble, Jimmmmm

Disclaimer: it might be outdated.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 12, 2020, 08:35:14 am »

vote count please

I will be scumreading you if you use not having a vote count as an excuse for not doing anything (hi Didds!).
Give me a break. Look at your own rant post. You mention a number of people less active and taking fewer stances than I have. When have I ever left town in the lurch at eod? I  wouldn't do that even as scum! I don't see you chiding Didds for waiting for a vote count ("Hi Didds!"). Oh, and you are cluttering the thread with your back and forth with Rhand.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 12, 2020, 08:36:51 am »

vote count please

Give me a break. Look at your own rant post. You mention a number of people less active and taking fewer stances than I have. When have I ever left town in the lurch at eod? I  wouldn't do that even as scum! I don't see you chiding Didds for waiting for a vote count ("Hi Didds!"). Oh, and you are cluttering the thread with your back and forth with Rhand.

It gave me a strong townread on Rhand and deepens mine with faust, I see no waste of thread space, no more than my many many posts about nothing, including this one.

By the way, I'm taking a math exam as we speak, so my jokes will be nerdier as time goes on.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 12, 2020, 08:39:15 am »

vote count please

My "hi Didds" was calling her out for exactly that, you know. And I'm not keeping you from doing something productive now.

I thought addressing Rhand was important as his frustration of me lead him to be less active and thus negatively impacted the game. I thought me clarifying my position could remedy that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 12, 2020, 08:40:14 am »

I mentioned the thread cluttering only because I was accused of doing that in scumhunting Didds and defending you.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 12, 2020, 08:41:04 am »

That was addressed to MiX,  btw.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43:12 am »

I mentioned the thread cluttering only because I was accused of doing that in scumhunting Didds and defending you.

Yeah, well, okay.

Hey faust is this towny enough to drop EFHW and join the merry hyper wagon?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: June 12, 2020, 08:45:58 am »

Huh. I swapped my vote because I thought the cube wagon wasn’t going to be a thing. Now it’s a thing.

Vote: hypercube

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1246 on: June 12, 2020, 08:46:19 am »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 12, 2020, 08:46:56 am »

Yeah, well, okay.

No.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 12, 2020, 08:47:19 am »

IC approved wagon here we go boysssss.

If he flips scum I'm taking the towncred, no questions asked. If he flips town and EFHW flips scum I'm taking the scumcred.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 12, 2020, 08:51:59 am »

Yeah, well, okay.

Can you summarize your hyper case? I was feeling it when the Cult Leader stuff was going down, but since then?

I see EFHW tunneling me over and over again by holding onto things that have been discussed and laid to rest (the full claim “slip”). To me, it feels aggressive in a way that goes beyond confirmation bias. But since I am the target, I know It’s not scumhunting, so then I wonder if it’s really scummy.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.