Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 264127 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1000 on: June 10, 2020, 04:22:06 pm »

So Eddie brought up the idea of electing someone we all "trust" to have him give the info to in bulk. Then glooble volunteers, and uses IC trigger, and now Eddie is saying no?
Do I have that summarized correctly?

Not quite... Glooble triggered IC, full claimed to Eddie, Eddie presumably told him stuff, Glooble has some belief that Eddie is town and then hatched a plan to help town win by funneling information through Eddie's qt power. That is what Eddie said "no" to...using jis qt to help us win because they would be boring to him.

Also, it looks like you need to check your qt to talk to Eddie!

thanks.

Yeah I got all that in between stuff... I was just clarifying that the "boring" part was real.

I mean how much faith do we have in the plan that was established?
If Eddie is playing to win we could force him into cooperation if we think there is a chance he is being stubborn "not-mafia" more than we think he is mafia - though that would be pretty much just based off of Glooble's read at this point.

I have faith that a positive outcome for town will occur, though exactly what that outcome is relies on a certain amount of chance.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 10, 2020, 04:45:36 pm »

vote: Didds. Possible third party slip and over-emphasis on being pro-town. Why should Eddie be pro-town if he is a third party? We haven't heard any confirmation that he changed alignment.

I'm also not getting the value of the plan. Could someone spell it out, please? Thank you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 10, 2020, 04:57:52 pm »

So Eddie brought up the idea of electing someone we all "trust" to have him give the info to in bulk. Then glooble volunteers, and uses IC trigger, and now Eddie is saying no?

Not quite... Glooble triggered IC, full claimed to Eddie, Eddie presumably told him stuff, Glooble has some belief that Eddie is town and then hatched a plan to help town win by funneling information through Eddie's qt power. That is what Eddie said "no" to...using jis qt to help us win because they would be boring to him.

thanks.

Yeah I got all that in between stuff... I was just clarifying that the "boring" part was real.

If Eddie is playing to win we could force him into cooperation if we think there is a chance he is being stubborn "not-mafia" more than we think he is mafia - though that would be pretty much just based off of Glooble's read at this point.

I have faith that a positive outcome for town will occur, though exactly what that outcome is relies on a certain amount of chance.

ok... so cool... but like eddie is not on board right? so where did we land on the plan? Assuming everyone agrees we spill to eddie and then... what? I mean tbh I am already not super comfy with the whole town giving info to eddie to begin with, but with your "endorsement" it makes it at least possible.
But what happens after they have all the info if they are not going to feed it to you?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 10, 2020, 05:08:56 pm »

I’m gonna take a step back from this game. Faust refusing to answer is getting under my skin.
Cya all tomorrow.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1004 on: June 10, 2020, 05:16:53 pm »

thanks.

ok... so cool... but like eddie is not on board right? so where did we land on the plan? Assuming everyone agrees we spill to eddie and then... what? I mean tbh I am already not super comfy with the whole town giving info to eddie to begin with, but with your "endorsement" it makes it at least possible.
But what happens after they have all the info if they are not going to feed it to you?

We are not mass claiming via Eddie, but there is still a plan. It’s best not to discuss this plan openly. If it involves you, Eddie will contact you. In the meantime, we should all focus on finding scum because we have less than two days to deadline.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 10, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »

Just finished reading page 32 of 41ish.

Vote: hypercube

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 10, 2020, 05:25:50 pm »

vote: MiX

I do think the 15/5 mixup is enough for me to vote.

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

There is an alternative, that he correctly made this assumption and that those claiming there's are 5 are both lying, in order to frame MiX, but that seems significantly less likely.
No this is bad. You say "all scum order powers cost 15" but it could be the same if all order powers for MiX's own order cost 15, and the latter is signficantly more likely than the former, and NAI.

How would MiX know what the powers in his own order cost?
...by reading his role PM?

Sorry, confused house and order here and thought you meant that he would lnow powers from others in his house.

But I still don't get your point. Each order has access to 1 RP. So not sure what you mean by "all order powers".
Each order has access to 2 Surges, with 2 powers each, plus a special power, equaling 5 powers.

OK, I have been referring to the order special (non surge) powers.

Particularly, because there is no order for which all 5 powers cost 15.  So one can't make the assumption that all powers cost 15 based on just one's own powers.

@faust, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 10, 2020, 05:33:35 pm »

@faust, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?

@scola, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 10, 2020, 05:40:09 pm »

Still feel good about my cube vote now that I’m caught up.

Eddie, if your window opens I should be able to respond for another 6 hours to any whisper or whatever your temporary neighbor thing is. I do have about a half hour drive first though.

Not happy you didn’t go with the “boring” plan that sounds like an easy win though. I don’t care if a game of Mafia is “fun” if I win, and if the full claim was as strong as folks suggest it’s objectively the right play.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 10, 2020, 05:44:53 pm »

Still feel good about my cube vote now that I’m caught up.

Eddie, if your window opens I should be able to respond for another 6 hours to any whisper or whatever your temporary neighbor thing is. I do have about a half hour drive first though.

Not happy you didn’t go with the “boring” plan that sounds like an easy win though. I don’t care if a game of Mafia is “fun” if I win, and if the full claim was as strong as folks suggest it’s objectively the right play.

There's a massive hole in the plan, which is Uncle can just tell scum everything and then it's no different from a D1 massclaim.

That alone means that if Uncle is willing, he can destroy it completely, so ending it here is not that anti-town.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 10, 2020, 06:01:45 pm »

vote: Didds. Possible third party slip and over-emphasis on being pro-town. Why should Eddie be pro-town if he is a third party? We haven't heard any confirmation that he changed alignment.

I'm also not getting the value of the plan. Could someone spell it out, please? Thank you.

Because he supposedly became aligned with Glooble when Glooble full claimed to him. The fact that he is being anti-town now would suggest that he wasn’t forthcoming about what the full claim would do.

But we’re putting a pin in this because Glooble says there is a plan, we just don’t know what that plan entails.

Since you are the one who began and drove this discussion yesterday, I’m not sure how you’d miss this

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 10, 2020, 06:02:41 pm »

Vote: EFHW

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 10, 2020, 06:13:10 pm »

I don't see how EFHW's vote is scummy. Wrong, yes, but scummy? I don't get it.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 10, 2020, 06:14:40 pm »

So this vote is here to indicate that you couldn't think of a reason why town had to know what happens if two alignment inverters target the same person?

vote: chairs

It seems more likely to me that Eddie is town or a town-friendly third party than that he's scum, so I'm OK with going along with whatever plan he and Glooble have.
I have sigs off.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 10, 2020, 06:15:06 pm »

thanks.

We are not mass claiming via Eddie, but there is still a plan. It’s best not to discuss this plan openly. If it involves you, Eddie will contact you. In the meantime, we should all focus on finding scum because we have less than two days to deadline.

ok cool, making sure I didn't miss something. there is kind of a lot to comb through.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 10, 2020, 06:16:59 pm »

So this vote is here to indicate that you couldn't think of a reason why town had to know what happens if two alignment inverters target the same person?

It seems more likely to me that Eddie is town or a town-friendly third party than that he's scum, so I'm OK with going along with whatever plan he and Glooble have.

I can't think of a reason why town had to know what happens if two alignment inverters target the same person. I mean, given the answer, I do now, but I don't see town ever thinking about that beforehand.

Why are you voting for chairs?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 10, 2020, 06:17:29 pm »

What is it about her that you’ve found towny?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 10, 2020, 06:18:45 pm »

What is it about her that you’ve found towny?

To be honest, I don't remember. I don't see anything that's ringing off my EFHW-is-scum bells, and thus she's town as I'm usually good at seeing scum!EFHW.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 10, 2020, 06:35:00 pm »

@scola, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?

I get this is part of your schtick, but I explained it in my initial post where I voted for you. Was hoping others would opine too, but only got faust based on what seems faulty reasoning.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 10, 2020, 06:37:26 pm »

I get this is part of your schtick, but I explained it in my initial post where I voted for you. Was hoping others would opine too, but only got faust based on what seems faulty reasoning.

”Faust reasoning...”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 10, 2020, 06:38:10 pm »

”Faust reasoning...”

Autocorrect didn’t like that joke...

“Fausty Reasoning”

There, I did it...
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 10, 2020, 06:44:49 pm »

I’m not sure I understand the question. I can absolutely picture an admittedly weird scenario wherein a cop and an inverter could now combine forces to virtually guarantee inversion is neutered - invert the target and cop the target and boom you now know that what you got is accurate (albeit it is the exact opposite of the truth, it is reliably such and thus you can divine the true alignment this way)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 10, 2020, 07:02:31 pm »

Because he supposedly became aligned with Glooble when Glooble full claimed to him. The fact that he is being anti-town now would suggest that he wasn’t forthcoming about what the full claim would do.

But we’re putting a pin in this because Glooble says there is a plan, we just don’t know what that plan entails.

Since you are the one who began and drove this discussion yesterday, I’m not sure how you’d miss this
I didn't miss it, I don't understand it.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 10, 2020, 07:03:27 pm »

To summarize:

what happens if two alignment inverters target the same player?

Good question, cayvie. Townpoints, since I would've expected it to be the same as if 0 inverters targeted.

Quote from: chairs link=topic=20258.msg841995#msg841995 dare=1591656664
Truth be told, I've been watching these posts with interest but not had a lot of time to post. I find it laughable that I have even a nugget of suspicion laid upon me for congratulating cayvie on an excellent question and for assigning cayvie townpoints for it. I'm not expecting townpoints myself, but to call me scum based on "Oh man, I hadn't thought to ask that question that Town REALLY NEEDS AN ANSWER TO" being a reason (that is, in my mind, entirely logical) for townpoints is kind of silly. ;)
I have sigs off.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 10, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »

Did Glooble admit to full claiming to Eddie? I cant find where he did.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.