Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 264066 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #675 on: June 08, 2020, 07:54:31 pm »

There was also nothing that indicated his alignment wouldn't change again if someone else claimed to him afterwards. I've never heard of a role like this, so I have no idea what to expect or what "normal" limitations or rules that role would have.

ppe 2

I still don't know why you wouldn't just...do it. I mean, do you need to keep your role a secret? You already claimed everything! What are you losing with this?

From what I've seen, Uncle offered to be part of your team, and you refused out of fear. That seems anti-town, although somewhat null. Scum would be more afraid, whereas town is just irrational.

Town would be less trusting, scum has more to gain by adding a person compared to town.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 08, 2020, 07:55:21 pm »

There was also nothing that indicated his alignment wouldn't change again if someone else claimed to him afterwards. I've never heard of a role like this, so I have no idea what to expect or what "normal" limitations or rules that role would have.

ppe 2

I still don't know why you wouldn't just...do it. I mean, do you need to keep your role a secret? You already claimed everything! What are you losing with this?

From what I've seen, Uncle offered to be part of your team, and you refused out of fear. That seems anti-town, although somewhat null. Scum would be more afraid, whereas town is just irrational.

Town would be less trusting, scum has more to gain by adding a person compared to town.

Town has nothing to lose, scum might just be outed D1 by a gambit.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #677 on: June 08, 2020, 08:00:42 pm »

PPE: No, he has like 30 posts, but those were the two I thought were scummy.

Did you find any you thought were Towny and decided to leave them out?

Yeah I pointed those out a few posts later. MiX and I have been pointlessly arguing about them.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 08, 2020, 08:05:37 pm »

ppe 2

Town has nothing to lose, scum might just be outed D1 by a gambit.

Definitely with MiX on this one.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 08, 2020, 10:24:19 pm »

ppe 2

Would you full claim to him MiX?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 08, 2020, 10:49:48 pm »

Sorry, busy day today. I will have time to catch up tomorrow.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 08, 2020, 10:50:30 pm »

Yes YES the tiger is out!
EFHW: Lean scum. Mostly gut at this point. I’ve never seen town EFHW, but she feels the same as she did in Ashersky’s game.
faust: Lean scum. He started out strong. However, he’s been throwing really persistent shade in my direction lately. No suspicion, per se, just trying to imply that my reads and play are not to be trusted. (see the end of #325, then it ramped up in #526, #582). What’s the change? I think it’s my case on GHS. I suspect faust is doing the “defend one buddy while attacking another buddy” tactic, and GHS is the buddy he is defending. (Who’s he attacking? EFHW). I also think he is a little more derisive toward people in general this game than I’ve seen him be; using his charisma to create an acidic atmosphere that is non-conducive to town finding each other and trusting each other.
GreatHallScout: Scum. That readlist, man.

How seriously are you calling out a 3-man team here?

I mean I believe everything I'm saying.

I would think a team of 3 would be pretty small for a game this size. But I wouldn't be shocked if those three were buds together.

How confident am I? Not that confident in the whole team. Most confident in GHS, which is why my vote is on him. Let's say I'd bet that GHS is scum if I got 2:1 odds or better.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 08, 2020, 10:52:24 pm »

But right now, I think we should just Lynch Eddie. Don't want a traitor joining scum. Feels like we'll have to lunch him eventually anyway so why not now?

vote: eddie
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 08, 2020, 11:04:18 pm »

I feel I should clarify, since there's been confusion.

Confirmation bias is basically a synonym for tunneling, to me. It's when you latch onto a belief and only see the evidence that supports it, and ignore anything against it.

So that's how I use the phrase. If that's not what faust meant, then I misinterpreted him.

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 08, 2020, 11:50:11 pm »

Been busy most of today. Will catch up tomorrow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 08, 2020, 11:50:33 pm »

But right now, I think we should just Lynch Eddie. Don't want a traitor joining scum. Feels like we'll have to lunch him eventually anyway so why not now?

vote: eddie

Restriction could go away? In terms of "why not to lynch them".
Also, and this is just speaking to the rational belief of Eddie and their restriction:
1) They don't have a restriction, they are effing around. if so, clap clap, keep it up good job.
2) They are Town, and they have a RESTRICTION... this would kind of dictate that their potential utility is large... considering no one else has a posting restriction we have seen. A little bit of a stretch on that one... but the logic is not like... awful.
3) Other way around, if they are skum... doesn't a posting restriction just seem like a super unfair thing to give to a skum aligned player? It will by defn make them stand out.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 09, 2020, 12:04:45 am »

I find it highly unlikely that posting restrictions exist. I think there are certain players who would refuse to play a game (at least a non-Bastard game) with them. I know that if my PM said "You have to talk like a bard the whole game" I would immediately lose interest.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 09, 2020, 12:39:04 am »

Next is either faust or chairs... let's go with chairs.

I'm personally hard no on the stealing pact and vote: jotheonah because HARD NO on ever suggesting no lynch D1.

There was one or more votes on chairs for this post, but I think it's null. It's his first post of the game and I think disagreeing with someone's plan is a good enough reason for a vote in your first post.

Good question, cayvie. Townpoints, since I would've expected it to be the same as if 0 inverters targeted.

This one I do find a bit sus though. Good question sure, by why does that result in Townpoints? Is there some reason why scum don't ask good questions? It's not like no Townie would think of it if it became relevant.

I find it laughable that I have even a nugget of suspicion laid upon me for congratulating cayvie on an excellent question and for assigning cayvie townpoints for it. I'm not expecting townpoints myself, but to call me scum based on "Oh man, I hadn't thought to ask that question that Town REALLY NEEDS AN ANSWER TO" being a reason (that is, in my mind, entirely logical) for townpoints is kind of silly.

This isn't really saying anything. Generally everyone thinks what they say is relatively Towny, otherwise they wouldn't say it.

In any case, I thought I ought to produce a quick scum to chum:

Scum
13. Uncleeurope
3. faust
8. Swowl
18. Jimmmmm
17. Glooble
7. WestCoastDidds
6. scolapasta
12. EFHW
14. Galzria
5. hypercube
9. Rhand
1. Dylan32
4. MiX
2. LaLight
15. GreatHallScout
10. cayvie
11. jotheonah
Chum

Note that it's D1 so a lot of these are neutral and I don't have any particularly -strong- scum/town reads.

That said, vote: uncleeurope

I don't really see the value in this list. Given that you've expressed an opinion on one player in the game prior to this (I'm not counting your vote on joth since he's now the chummiest), this just seems to be an arbitrary list with no indication of how you actually feel about anyone here. Why Eddie? Why is anyone where they are?

Overall I think I agree with Glooble: chairs wouldn't be bad lynch but there's just not enough there to say that he would be a good one. Hopefully we can do better.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 09, 2020, 01:31:06 am »

I find it highly unlikely that posting restrictions exist. I think there are certain players who would refuse to play a game (at least a non-Bastard game) with them. I know that if my PM said "You have to talk like a bard the whole game" I would immediately lose interest.

so you think Eddie is just putting us on then?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 09, 2020, 01:31:41 am »

what if your restriction was "you can have access to power x as long as you talk like a bard"?
real good. That’s how

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 09, 2020, 01:43:41 am »

I don't know what Eddie is doing. Has he said he has a posting restriction? My eyes kind of glaze over when I try to read his posts.

what if your restriction was "you can have access to power x as long as you talk like a bard"?

I don't really see a difference. In either case I would wish it had been announced beforehand so I could decide if I wanted to play in that kind of game or not.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 09, 2020, 01:45:57 am »

Truth be told, I've been watching these posts with interest but not had a lot of time to post. I find it laughable that I have even a nugget of suspicion laid upon me for congratulating cayvie on an excellent question and for assigning cayvie townpoints for it. I'm not expecting townpoints myself, but to call me scum based on "Oh man, I hadn't thought to ask that question that Town REALLY NEEDS AN ANSWER TO" being a reason (that is, in my mind, entirely logical) for townpoints is kind of silly.
1. The question was not excellent.
2. Town doesn't need an answer for it. The chances of there being 2 alignment inverters on opposing scum teams are already pretty low. The chances of both of these targeting the same player the same Night a Cop also targets the player are astronomicallly low to the point where such a scenario should never be considered in actual gameplay.
3. The question lead to an anti-town outcome in LaLight kind of derpclaiming.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 09, 2020, 01:48:21 am »

So it's an issue for you when I change my townreads on people, and you also accuse me of confirmation bias... Kinda sounds like a double bind, no?
It not an issue if you change reads. I use lists of towny people to narrow the lynchpool in large games like this, and then I kind of don't look back too much on the people I already excluded I think from context it's now clear that you were not doing that, but then I'm not sure I see the value of posting those reads at all.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 09, 2020, 01:48:48 am »

Yes YES the tiger is out!
EFHW: Lean scum. Mostly gut at this point. I’ve never seen town EFHW, but she feels the same as she did in Ashersky’s game.
faust: Lean scum. He started out strong. However, he’s been throwing really persistent shade in my direction lately. No suspicion, per se, just trying to imply that my reads and play are not to be trusted. (see the end of #325, then it ramped up in #526, #582). What’s the change? I think it’s my case on GHS. I suspect faust is doing the “defend one buddy while attacking another buddy” tactic, and GHS is the buddy he is defending. (Who’s he attacking? EFHW). I also think he is a little more derisive toward people in general this game than I’ve seen him be; using his charisma to create an acidic atmosphere that is non-conducive to town finding each other and trusting each other.
GreatHallScout: Scum. That readlist, man.

How seriously are you calling out a 3-man team here?
Certainly not seriously at all, since EFHW is not a man.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 09, 2020, 01:51:20 am »

I feel I should clarify, since there's been confusion.

Confirmation bias is basically a synonym for tunneling, to me. It's when you latch onto a belief and only see the evidence that supports it, and ignore anything against it.

So that's how I use the phrase. If that's not what faust meant, then I misinterpreted him.
Why I say it's confirmation bias is not so much that you're ignoring things, and more that you interpret any piece of information as some indicator to support your read, even if by any metric it's pretty NAI (like in this case that fact that you scumread GHS and EFHW).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 09, 2020, 01:52:25 am »

There are no posting restrictions. First of all it would be bastard, second of all Eddie already said that he's just doing it for fun.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 09, 2020, 01:58:32 am »

I believe she's part of mankind though.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 09, 2020, 01:59:26 am »

About Eddie: It was already kind of established that he is third party I think. I don't think I necessarily believe that what he told Dylan was true. Seems like a good way to maybe get scum to claim and thus end up with a result that you can share, so there's definitely a pro-town angle here. It's weirder that Dylan didn't claim, I don't see a town reason for that.

Vote: Dylan

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 09, 2020, 02:01:18 am »

So it's an issue for you when I change my townreads on people, and you also accuse me of confirmation bias... Kinda sounds like a double bind, no?
It not an issue if you change reads. I use lists of towny people to narrow the lynchpool in large games like this, and then I kind of don't look back too much on the people I already excluded I think from context it's now clear that you were not doing that, but then I'm not sure I see the value of posting those reads at all.

tbh i'm trying to do what you describe because mafiauniverse really pushes towncoring hard and im trying to practice it. but uh i'm not used to thinking about the game this way and i'm still getting a handle on it.

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 09, 2020, 02:02:04 am »

I believe she's part of mankind though.
I believe that post is part of RSP though.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.