Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101192 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day3
« Reply #950 on: February 19, 2014, 12:42:19 pm »

xeiron, is that true?

It better is, because that's what he told me.

Oh! Intent to vote Archetype once xeiron confirms, then.

We also need to hear from Walrus first.  faust and xeiron could be in cahoots.  From cautious to voting so suddenly?  Do you have a wincon we don't know about?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 19, 2014, 12:44:23 pm »

No, I simply find faust/xeiron to be a completely implausible pairing. I think we've caught Archetype, and probably Walrus.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 19, 2014, 12:50:08 pm »

I confirm that Archetype told me during night that he targeted Eevee.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 19, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

vote: Archetype

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 19, 2014, 01:13:44 pm »

I will not vote yet.

I need to think through the recent developement a bit more first.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 19, 2014, 01:15:46 pm »

I will not vote yet.

I need to think through the recent developement a bit more first.

That's fine, no need to put someone at L-1 that early. I would love to hear Arch and Walrus respond to this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 19, 2014, 03:12:28 pm »

Hello sorry for the delay, I have been in the hospital lately as you may have seen.

I will catch up soon. For now let me say that I targeted joth last night. My thinking was that my power has a 2/3 chance of being protective, and I thought it was likely that the once-dead individuals were most liable to be made twice-dead. Looks like it didn't work though.

It would seem that I have died, and respawned with a new role and flavor. I could claim them if desired.

Is there anything else specifically to respond to? Otherwise I'll just read and get back to you.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 19, 2014, 03:24:44 pm »

Vote Count 3.3

Archetype (2): faust, Voltaire

Not Voting (4): Archetype, xeiron, Walrus, EFHW

With six alive it takes four to lynch

Deadline for Day3 will be 8 days and will be February 26 at 7:00 pm forum time.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 19, 2014, 06:17:37 pm »

You guys do realize that if I'm scum, Walrus has to be too, right? And since I have 2 lives and he has 1, why aren't you voting for him? You're trying to lynch scum right?

Vote: EFHW

Do people think I'm lying about my role?

I'm pretty sure xeiron and Walrus are Town. EFHW is scum, and her partner is either Voltaire or faust. Voltaire goes from "Well, Eevee's role could just be misleading" to "Archetype is 100% scum" in just a few posts. faust, I fear, is just being mislead. I'd vote for Voltaire, but if I'm wrong (and I really do not think I am) we won't (most likely) auto-lose.

Walrus: Don't claim.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 19, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

1.  Archetype probably targeted Voltaire, maybe with a roleblock?  What other scum power could he have used that doesn't kill?  -- Rolecop, but he doesn't really need that since we mass-claimed.  -- Some kind of redirection, which wouldn't have effect anyway since Voltaire's power would have been blocked.  -- Some delayed effect action, like poisoner or arsonist.

2.  Just to cover all the bases, if Archetype was poisoner, he could have targeted Eevee N1.  Then Walrus would be the nightkill. 

3.  Day 2 Archetype said that he saw Voltaire being targeted with killing, investigative, and protective actions.  Only the "protective" part was a gamble.  The others would have been obvious - Voltaire was killed and he was claiming to investigate him. 

4.  If faust is telling the truth about xeiron, then why did xeiron want to hold off on reporting results?
This post, especially 1 and 2, make no sense. EFHW has jumped to too many conclusions off of what? Me saying I targeted Eevee but-because-I'm-scum-I-probably-actually-targeted-Voltaire-with-a-Roleblock-no-wait-Arsonist-no-wait-Poisoner.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: February 19, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »

faust: Did you Bodyguard me, or did you force me to Bodyguard you?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 19, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »

1.  Archetype probably targeted Voltaire, maybe with a roleblock?  What other scum power could he have used that doesn't kill?  -- Rolecop, but he doesn't really need that since we mass-claimed.  -- Some kind of redirection, which wouldn't have effect anyway since Voltaire's power would have been blocked.  -- Some delayed effect action, like poisoner or arsonist.

2.  Just to cover all the bases, if Archetype was poisoner, he could have targeted Eevee N1.  Then Walrus would be the nightkill. 

3.  Day 2 Archetype said that he saw Voltaire being targeted with killing, investigative, and protective actions.  Only the "protective" part was a gamble.  The others would have been obvious - Voltaire was killed and he was claiming to investigate him. 

4.  If faust is telling the truth about xeiron, then why did xeiron want to hold off on reporting results?
This post, especially 1 and 2, make no sense. EFHW has jumped to too many conclusions off of what? Me saying I targeted Eevee but-because-I'm-scum-I-probably-actually-targeted-Voltaire-with-a-Roleblock-no-wait-Arsonist-no-wait-Poisoner.
Nice try.  I'm being thorough, looking for possible contradictions to the obvious conclusion that you and probably Walrus are scum.  Your being poisoner is scenario in which Walrus is not scum.  Town!walrus protecting you was a scenario in which you might not be scum.  I'd love a new role, since mine is used up, but it's not worth it right now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 19, 2014, 06:52:58 pm »

Walrus, why joth?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 19, 2014, 06:55:30 pm »

Archetype, have you explained why you are alive?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 19, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »

I have no idea.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 19, 2014, 06:57:06 pm »

I confirm that Archetype told me during night that he targeted Eevee.

Why are you postponing giving and getting information?  What did Archetypes pm say?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

I have no idea.
Actually it is faust being alive that needs explaining. 

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:05 pm »

Alright, some thoughts.

So some people seem to suspect Archetype. If I'm understanding correctly, the reasoning appears to be this:

--Archetype claims to have targeted Eevee, who has "paranoid" role. He got a result, which means his action was successful, or he's lying.

--xeiron and faust knew that Archetype was going to do this. faust claims to have bodyguarded Archetype, which means he should have died if Archetype was to die.

I don't know...something about this just smells fishy to me. "Too easy", as it were, although that's not exactly the right word for it. There are alternatives that could have happened that I can think of, and I think it's quite likely that someone is lying, or there are other powers that we haven't accounted for. It all just seems too "neat" of a trap to be unraveled like this...more like a theory that scum would push, to try to get in one more pivotal mislynch. Do we have any confirmation, for example, that faust targeted Arch? I think it's pretty likely that he's not lying about his role--after all, lying about one's first role would seem to be a good way to get double-lynched pretty quick. But maybe he didn't actually target Arch, and he's trying to spin this as scummier than it is. xeiron's role seems harder to fake.

Voltaire and EFHW, why do you think I'm scum? I don't understand exactly how I'm linked to this Archetype scenario. It seems like both of you pointed fingers at me pretty quickly.

I think Volt in particular has been pretty scummy today. Flipping his vote around without much deliberation, just to see what sticks. Doesn't feel like normal, analytical Volt to me. And if someone's been faking a role to mess with night actions, it would likely be someone who has shed his first role already.

My problem with that though is that I think we might be better off lynching one of the two-lifers today. Of course by the raw statistics there's probably a scum or two in there, even if it were random chance (well especially if you're looking from my perspective). And then even if not all these kills came from scum, there is a higher than average chance I think that scum would shoot not themselves, for maximum life preservation. Now it's possible that scum could get real cute and shoot themselves instead, but I think that's less likely. Add to that the fact that if we mis-eliminate another person, we're what, dead, or close to it? And it seems like scum wants to remove the one-lifers anyway...we can get some clues tomorrow as to who's who by looking at who stays alive.

So I think one of the two-life lynches is best. Arch and xeiron have given me townier vibes lately, so I would prefer a faust or EFHW lynch. And you know I've been suspicious of faust all game, so I'll vote: faust again.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 19, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »

EFHW, well as I said I wanted to target one of the once-dead players so I might have a good chance to protect them. I assumed that they would be the most vulnerable to NKs, and I thought it would be more efficient to try to protect someone rather than block a killer.

I chose joth specifically because, well, I had three choices based on that criterion. I didn't want to target Volt again, although I considered it. I did a quick reread of D2 and in retrospect, I thought Eevee seemed townier than joth, so I decided to target joth, as he might also be the one who might have a NK/do something scummy at night as well with his new second role.

As you can see this is kind of confused reasoning, well, because it was a confusing role for me. I never really figured out if I should be using it on a town- or scumread, so I sort of compromised. Steve Holt doesn't think too hard, he just acts. STEVE HOLT!

But of course he's dead now. So let this be a lesson to you...always leave a note.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 19, 2014, 08:30:58 pm »

Walrus you are suspected b/c if Eevee is the nk then the shooter would also die since he was paranoid.  faust's claim is irrelevant to Archetype's.  Even if faust had said nothing, e would still suspect Archetype because he is alive.  If you had said that you protected either Arch or Faust, that would have cast doubt on the case against Archetype. 

I brought up poisoner because that is one way you could still be town.  Then Arch is alive because he didn't target Eevee at all on N2 and you would ne the nk.  .  Lacking a delayed kill it looks a lot like you killed Eevee and Arch lied about targeting Eevee. 

The flavor also suggests you killed them both at once, with your motorcycle.  I don't know how seriously we should take that. 

How could scum have known Eevee was PGO?  They would submit kill orders before getting investigation results.  What are the scenarios you can think of that explain these results and you and Arch are innocent?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 19, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

I'm ready to vote either Walrus or Arch.  I'll start with vote: Walrus but am happy to move.  Ironically, Arch does have a point about killing Walrus first, as that eliminates a scum power role.  But the lack of apparent scum pr effects and the need for many deaths makes me worried about delayed kills.  Arsonist could be very bad for us, and I think Arch is more likely than Walrus. 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 19, 2014, 08:44:27 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

Archetype (2): faust, Voltaire
EFHW (1): Archetype
faust (1): Walrus
Walrus (1): EFHW

Not Voting (1): xeiron

With six alive it takes four to lynch

Deadline for Day3 will be 8 days and will be February 26 at 7:00 pm forum time.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 19, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »

I'm ready to vote either Walrus or Arch.  I'll start with vote: Walrus but am happy to move.  Ironically, Arch does have a point about killing Walrus first, as that eliminates a scum power role.  But the lack of apparent scum pr effects and the need for many deaths makes me worried about delayed kills.  Arsonist could be very bad for us, and I think Arch is more likely than Walrus.
Are Walrus and I your two top scumreads?

Walrus: I strongly suggest you vote for EFHW or Voltaire.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 19, 2014, 08:49:14 pm »

Actually unvote. I want to lynch Archetype.  Someone objected to L1 earlier.  Are you ready now, whoever you were?  I'm on phone or I'd look it up.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 19, 2014, 08:57:03 pm »

Well, maybe there was an unaccounted for night action, like a bus driver was the first thing that came to mind. Or maybe we've been misconceptualizing the flipped roles--maybe a Paranoid Hook Owner is different from a Paranoid Gun Owner. Maybe he only killed his babysittee when he was targeted, not the targeter.

Honestly, I hadn't thought it through completely. I'm still pretty hopped up on painkillers lol. I just felt that something was off about the tone and pacing of the Arch wagon. I mean, I could have claimed that I targeted whomever if I wanted to miscast suspicion. But I didn't, I targeted joth.

Arch, why do you strongly suggest that?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.