Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118313 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2013, 12:02:22 pm »

I'm down to vote: Robz. Showed up, said an obvious thing, left. Anti-town.

and then showed up immediately when talked about

Sorry, I had a very busy day yesterday. Wasn't very active on the forums at all.

Just a coincidence. I am making an effort to get going earlier in the morning, and just logged on.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2013, 12:04:34 pm »

Just a coincidence. I am making an effort to get going earlier in the morning, and just logged on.

Good if true. I look forward to your first contributions.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2013, 12:05:50 pm »

Already made it, look at that.

Okay, we're going to back to normal non-crazy non-constant claiming. Don't claim except at L-1 or during extenuating circumstances.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:42 pm »

Already made it, look at that.

Okay, we're going to back to normal non-crazy non-constant claiming. Don't claim except at L-1 or during extenuating circumstances.

That's all you have to say? That's one mighty small contribution to hang your hat on.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »

As far as the soft deadline goes, is there anything wrong with setting it at 5 PM on Friday? The weekend will be slow/nonexistent, and we can get a lynch through Monday if needed. Given that none of us posted overnight, I think we're all US time zones-ish except for faust?

My only problem with that is that it is Tuesday. Setting a softdeadline for Friday shorts us three days of time, giving us really only 4 days to analyze. We might hit scum in that time period, but it makes me wary that we won't and then only have a small amount of posting to analyze going into tomorrow.

I guess there is a fair argument that we won't have a lot of posting over the weekend regardless, but my hope is that if we know there is a deadline on Monday there will be more activity.

Oh, and Eevee is non-US. Go Finland!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »

Friday or Monday should be fine for me.  I won't have a long time on Monday, but will be around at 12 and periodically throughout the day/evening until 8.

I don't see why it is scummy to not have voted yet.  That seems like a strange thing to say, actually.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2013, 12:57:31 pm »

I don't see why it is scummy to not have voted yet.  That seems like a strange thing to say, actually.

The game wasn't "rolling". The time-tested way is to have an RVS. You were posting a lot and asking questions, but nothing else. Of the three people I named, you had done the "most" to move the game forward.

I understand there are different ways to play, but if everyone claims "I get my best reads by observing others" then we'll time out the day and no-lynch after we've collectively made 0 posts.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2013, 12:58:10 pm »

I think Monday would be better for the game.  Sometimes there is some activity on the weekend, and with short Days we might as well use the time.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2013, 01:03:27 pm »

The game wasn't "rolling". The time-tested way is to have an RVS. You were posting a lot and asking questions, but nothing else. Of the three people I named, you had done the "most" to move the game forward.

I understand there are different ways to play, but if everyone claims "I get my best reads by observing others" then we'll time out the day and no-lynch after we've collectively made 0 posts.

Participating is important.  Voting is just one way of participating, and not even the most productive way in the first part of a game.  Nothing wrong with it, but I don't give it special importance. 

But anyway, calling attention to things you have observed is another productive way of participating.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »

Hey lots of posts! I am pleased by this activity.

Maybe I was too hard on you faust. yuma I see your point about the high posting bias. I know that I've been trying to post more myself, so that's sort of sticking my neck out a bit more as well; now that the "confused noob" meta doesn't suit me quite so well I'm trying to actually play the game a bit more. But for right now I am actually more suspicious of the lurkier crowd.

mail-mi finds me suspicious, but that's right after I called him out for being suspicious, so meh.

Of the three non-voters that Voltaire mentioned, I find Robz to be the scummiest. At first I thought you were just being Robz!Robz. But the fact that you "coincidentally" showed up when you were mentioned, and that (as Voltaire put it) you are "hanging your hat" on such a minor contribution--well, that doesn't quite sit right with me. vote: Robz--maybe some semblance of a wagon will move things along, or at least get Robz talking more.

Suspicions towards Eevee--you showed up at the beginning and made quite the show about how you were going to lurk less and participate more. But I haven't exactly seen evidence of that.

For some reason I'm getting a town vibe from EFHW. She's been quite active and seems genuine enough.

Voltaire himself is mostly a town read, although I was expecting a little more activity at the outset. Looks like you've stepped up a bit recently. Same with yuma basically--picking up on some towniness there.

The only other thing I'll add is that in the games I've played in, the "soft deadlines" haven't really worked very well. So I guess I don't really see the point in talking about that too much, and just discussing the deadline does not constitute a "high-content" post in my eyes. Maybe I'm just inexperienced though and the soft deadline has historically been a useful tool.

Also, is that damn plurality lynch clause in effect like it was in M31 and RMM9? I don't see anything about it in the rules. I won't be confounded by that one again come the end of the day.

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2013, 02:05:33 pm »

Also, is that damn plurality lynch clause in effect like it was in M31 and RMM9? I don't see anything about it in the rules. I won't be confounded by that one again come the end of the day.

No.  If no majority is reached by the deadline, a no lynch will occur.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

vote count yuma.1

robz (2): mail-mi, voltaire, Walrus
faust (1): chairs
walrus (1): yuma
yuma (1): faust

Not Voting (9): WalrusmcFishSr, Chairs, Robz888, Voltaire, Yuma, EFHW, Mail-mi, Eevee, Faust

so three votes on Robz. Let's see what they were about:

3. Robz888--vote: robz has like 1 post.

Of the three non-voters that Voltaire mentioned, I find Robz to be the scummiest. At first I thought you were just being Robz!Robz. But the fact that you "coincidentally" showed up when you were mentioned, and that (as Voltaire put it) you are "hanging your hat" on such a minor contribution--well, that doesn't quite sit right with me. vote: Robz--maybe some semblance of a wagon will move things along, or at least get Robz talking more.

I guess my question to these three people is why does what you say, "1 post" being "anti-town" and "hat hanging" equal scummy?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2013, 03:44:16 pm »

The wagon on me is obviously going to dissipate, probably even if I do nothing. I'd have to think scum wouldn't dare actually get on right now. So I find these Robz votes pretty towny. How's that for weird thinking?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

I guess my question to these three people is why does what you say, "1 post" being "anti-town" and "hat hanging" equal scummy?

The alternative is to never vote, ever.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:28 pm »

The wagon on me is obviously going to dissipate, probably even if I do nothing. I'd have to think scum wouldn't dare actually get on right now. So I find these Robz votes pretty towny. How's that for weird thinking?

unless they started on it... I agree scum probably won't vote for you now, but why do you think say mail-mi'l or volt's vote is townier?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

That isn't answering my question...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

Yeah, that was phrased poorly. So: I am expecting to find scum in lower posters. I am expecting scum to hang back, ish. I am expecting Robz not to play on D1. I am expecting Robz to sorta play D1 if called out on it. Early on D1, I can see all these things being true at once.

Also, it got Walrus to move to Robz after I voted for him! That's interesting, and likely useful down the road. It's the first time someone has reached three votes, and how else do you get the game moving without wagons? This is not to say I am voting for reactions. They're a happy outcome.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Yeah, that was phrased poorly. So: I am expecting to find scum in lower posters. I am expecting scum to hang back, ish. I am expecting Robz not to play on D1. I am expecting Robz to sorta play D1 if called out on it. Early on D1, I can see all these things being true at once.

Also, it got Walrus to move to Robz after I voted for him! That's interesting, and likely useful down the road. It's the first time someone has reached three votes, and how else do you get the game moving without wagons? This is not to say I am voting for reactions. They're a happy outcome.

Cool.

Vote: Robz That's L-1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »

request an official vote count to verify the L-1

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »

So what are your reasons for thinking Robz is scum, yuma?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »

So what are your reasons for thinking Robz is scum, yuma?

I am sheeping your reasoning. The biggest is posting when called out on it.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2013, 04:22:57 pm »

Fascinating unusual behavior by yuma, as far as I can tell, but I see no reason to be concerned by it right now.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »

Part of me just wants to quicklynch Robz because I think it's an interesting tack to go down.

I actually think Walrus threw out a pretty scummy statement in his recent long post, though (sneaking on at work, so I'll try to quote later when I'm tethering at home), so...

vote: walrus

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Vote Count 1.1:

Robz888(4): Mail-Mi, Voltaire, WalrusMcFishSr, Yuma {L-1}
WalrusMcFishSr (1): Chairs
Yuma (1): Faust
Not Voting (3): EFHW, Eevee, Robz888

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends November 4 at 8:00 p.m.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2013, 04:51:29 pm »

Well this is unexpected.

Yeah, I didn't post because I was called out on it, I posted because I stopped being busy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.