Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Game Over!)  (Read 75808 times)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: September 20, 2016, 08:54:51 pm »

Hmm what's the vote count? My worries about lynching zigaton D1 are more for meta reasons. We usually give complete newbies a D1 pass so that they don't rage quit mafia in general over a bad experience. Also I have no idea whether he's just newbie!town cautious or newbie!scum cautious. I'm going to unvote for now.

Okay, but if I die, for the record, my last words were: "Zigaton...is...scum" *collapses in pool of own blood*
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 20, 2016, 08:58:04 pm »

Nice.Killing me, you reduce your chances of winning.Do you want to know my view? vote:pacovf

Sorry man, nothing personal. I just really think you are scum. And we don't tolerate mafia in our town!
it is because I am Russian?I think you voted for me to don't be the suspect.Have you real reason to kill me?

No, I have nothing against you personally, I just think you've a) been very quiet b) haven't really added anything to the discussion and c) now accuse me of being scum to take the pressure off of you.

Also, if I was mafia, I would try to get a vet mislynched because (no offense) they would be more dangerous to the mafia then a newbie.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Zigaton

• Kill all Patapons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2016, 12:53:21 am »

Fair enough. What's your position on the other players? Am I the only one you would like to see lynched?
everyone who voted for me, maybe the Mafia. Since killing me, mafia get one more day.
LaLight-he protected me. If he was a mafia, he would not have done it.If he was a mafia,my death would be useful for him.Mafia -20%
J Reggie-he unvote,and I thank him.But it can be a professional player.He's just trying to confuse us Mafia-20%
McGarnacle-scum.Mafia 70%
Pacovf-good player.I'm not sure that it is the mafia. Too good player.but he votes for me. And it scares.Mafia-50%

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2016, 12:56:06 am »

pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2016, 01:25:44 am »

I see.

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2016, 01:33:27 am »

this is getting interesting for me as a linguist: you don't just try to win, you try to make some understanding and analyzing in such circumstances. Cool. Coolcoolcool. Saying more about the game, IMO McGarnacle being made up some case on Zigaton, who is the perfect target for D1 lynch cause he posts not very much. It is convenient for McGarnacle here because he doesn't try to lynch any veteran or something. Well. Good play McGarnacle, though I will still continue to vote on you.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2016, 08:26:22 am »

this is getting interesting for me as a linguist: you don't just try to win, you try to make some understanding and analyzing in such circumstances. Cool. Coolcoolcool. Saying more about the game, IMO McGarnacle being made up some case on Zigaton, who is the perfect target for D1 lynch cause he posts not very much. It is convenient for McGarnacle here because he doesn't try to lynch any veteran or something. Well. Good play McGarnacle, though I will still continue to vote on you.

Actually, if I was mafia, I would try to get a vet lynched. Plus, bare in mind, I'm almost as newbie as Zigaton, so unfortunately I'm not quite the evil mastermind you take me for.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2016, 09:27:41 am »

Actually, if I was mafia, I would try to get a vet lynched. Plus, bare in mind, I'm almost as newbie as Zigaton, so unfortunately I'm not quite the evil mastermind you take me for.

Yeah, but if you're Mafia, you've got an experienced buddy who's told you what to say and how to behave, since I don't really see you being partners with either LaLight or Zigaton. I think you're being vaguely suspicious, like enough to leave my RVS vote on you for now, but you also seem a bit cocky, and you use the word scum a whole lot.. I feel like that probably leans townie. Does anyone with more experience know how the psychology works for that?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2016, 09:29:22 am »

Also, I think one thing that's making it harder to move this game along is that our conversations are getting stratified into newbies and old hands. I feel like the oldies want to make it interesting for themselves by playing a deep game around those of us who haven't quite got the skills yet. But if we don't get the old and new people interacting more, then not a lot is going to happen.

I think having RR and J Reggie here and active and being bridge-like would really help :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2016, 09:29:54 am »

Yeah, but if you're Mafia, you've got an experienced buddy who's told you what to say and how to behave, since I don't really see you being partners with either LaLight or Zigaton. I think you're being vaguely suspicious, like enough to leave my RVS vote on you for now, but you also seem a bit cocky, and you use the word scum a whole lot.. I feel like that probably leans townie. Does anyone with more experience know how the psychology works for that?
There's really no psychology for that. I don't think his cockiness or him using the word scum should impact your reads
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2016, 09:30:41 am »

Also, I think one thing that's making it harder to move this game along is that our conversations are getting stratified into newbies and old hands. I feel like the oldies want to make it interesting for themselves by playing a deep game around those of us who haven't quite got the skills yet. But if we don't get the old and new people interacting more, then not a lot is going to happen.

I think having RR and J Reggie here and active and being bridge-like would really help :-)
Whassup?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2016, 09:36:22 am »

Whassup?

Who do YOU think is suspicious?

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2016, 09:45:08 am »

Whassup?

Yay, I call and you appear -- that's cool! :-) Can we make some more discussion happen, of the sort where Ash/PPS/Paco actually converse with the newbies in a constructive way?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2016, 09:50:27 am »

I think I've been rather conversational and trying to fill in the gaps where needed. I'm not sure what is not constructive about my posts. The game has actually moved along fairly well for D1. Once a flip or two is in things will pick up quite a bit because everyone will have their interpretation of what it means. Also, if we have any night action results from PRs it gets especially thick.

At this point it is about corralling the votes towards a lynch. I'm still currently happy with my vote where it is as I've seen nothing that convinces me it is in the wrong place nor that there might be a better place.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2016, 09:55:18 am »

I think I've been rather conversational and trying to fill in the gaps where needed. I'm not sure what is not constructive about my posts. The game has actually moved along fairly well for D1. Once a flip or two is in things will pick up quite a bit because everyone will have their interpretation of what it means. Also, if we have any night action results from PRs it gets especially thick.

At this point it is about corralling the votes towards a lynch. I'm still currently happy with my vote where it is as I've seen nothing that convinces me it is in the wrong place nor that there might be a better place.

Who did you vote for?

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2016, 09:55:47 am »

There's really no psychology for that. I don't think his cockiness or him using the word scum should impact your reads

Scummy response from RR.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2016, 10:08:24 am »

I'm pretty sure you and Ash have something else entirely going on at a higher level, but I want to believe it's meta-stuff rooted experience rather than malice. Besides, I think we've already agreed that if you two are scum together we're screwed anyway.

I don't like the corralling thing you mention, though... isn't the whole point of D1 was to get people talking and into the game? Otherwise, why would it be so long. We have zero information to go on, so we have to make people talk to each other.

Unofficial Vote Count

pingpongsam (1): pacovf
LaLight (1): pingpongsam
McGarnacle (3): SpaceAnemone, Roadrunner7671, LaLight
RoadRunner7671 (1): ashersky
Zigaton (1): McGarnacle
pacovf (1): Zigaton

Not Voting (1): J Reggie

Ultra-helpy LaLight is just town LaLight as far as I've seen elsewhere, so that's not a D1 option for me. I seem to have started the one and only actual wagon, so if you just wanted to kill people, you'd be on that one instead. @Ash and @Paco, what am I missing here?

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2016, 10:30:46 am »

Man, I have no idea what to think. I only have one real scum read, and Zigaton's defense seems even more scummy to me. Apart from that, though, I have no idea.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2016, 10:40:06 am »

Space is reading towny.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2016, 10:42:39 am »

I guess I could see a McGarnacle-zigaton scum team.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:00 am »

Do you really think one would bus the other in that newbie team-up?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:51 am »

Also, had a thought, but I think if the Rolecop is in the game, it would be good to claim.  I can explain after.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2016, 10:45:20 am »

Do you really think one would bus the other in that newbie team-up?

It's possible. It doesn't currently look like zigaton is getting lynched.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2016, 10:46:06 am »

Also, had a thought, but I think if the Rolecop is in the game, it would be good to claim.  I can explain after.

Yeah, the rolecop should definitely claim.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 21, 2016, 11:50:42 am »

I agree with half of this.

If Zigaton and I are scum, we've already lost.

I would actually be fine getting lynched if you lynch Zigaton after me. Town would then have a big advantage, with only one scum left and  5 town.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.