Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 336899 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2300 on: September 25, 2014, 04:46:52 pm »

Also I'm amused that Robz is scared by scum!Teproc. I'm one of the worst scum players on f.ds.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: September 25, 2014, 04:48:01 pm »

Well I like both lynches, but I disagree about your read on silver's dying posts. I feel like they're desperately trying to act as if he's okay with being lynched in the hope that we change our mind.

It's difficult to tell, because I have no scum reference for silverspawn, but I read it as legit townie who is not thrilled with going down, but okay with it. It's a really good act, if it IS just an act.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: September 25, 2014, 04:48:24 pm »

I do think scum!silver could have been defending PPS until the very end, his lynch never seemed inevitable to me.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: September 25, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »

@WW : he kinda had a townie day 1 though, especially if we compare it to Hydrad.

I don't know.

I think people thought I was towny until 15min before deadline? I think everyone sees me as scummy because I didn't want to lynch a VLA person when he said he was coming back the next couple days. Before that though I had PPS as one of my few scum reads that whole day. I realize it looks bad but I don't think its as bad as everyone is saying... but I guess i'm biased

PPE:3
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: September 25, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

@WW : he kinda had a townie day 1 though, especially if we compare it to Hydrad.

I don't know.

I think people thought I was towny until 15min before deadline? I think everyone sees me as scummy because I didn't want to lynch a VLA person when he said he was coming back the next couple days. Before that though I had PPS as one of my few scum reads that whole day. I realize it looks bad but I don't think its as bad as everyone is saying... but I guess i'm biased

PPE:3

Well yeah, what makes your day 1 scummy is your attitude towards PPS : calling him scummy and wanting to lynch him, then suddenly not wanting to for a reason that seems artificial. Sure, it might not be, but why would not lynch people who are V/LA ? If you're V/LA for deadline, well itsucks to be you but the deadline is there. The one time I got mislynched it was in my sleep and sure, it's not pleasant, but I didn't expect anyone to not lynch me because I happen to be ina  different timezone (admittedly that's not a V/LA but it comes down to the same thing).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2305 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:00 pm »

I disagree with you Robz.  Not in like an angry old man way, but just our guts are saying different things.

It's fake, not even inspired flailing, followed by "eh whatever, I give up."  It mirrors PPS's giving up, actually.

Plus the claim issue is a pretty strong consideration.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: September 25, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »

Well I like both lynches, but I disagree about your read on silver's dying posts. I feel like they're desperately trying to act as if he's okay with being lynched in the hope that we change our mind.

It's difficult to tell, because I have no scum reference for silverspawn, but I read it as legit townie who is not thrilled with going down, but okay with it. It's a really good act, if it IS just an act.

I read it as disinterested scum.

I agree with Teproc that silverspawn didn't have a townie D1, I would argue the opposite actually. Whether it was more or less scummy than Hydrad, I don't really know.

I am happy with a Hydrad lynch too, so whatever, I am not going to be headstrong about it.

Also, Robz: you are accepting that all the investigative claims are true? You seem to be saying that Ash, Volt and silverspawn read strong town to you.

PPE 3
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: September 25, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »

WHat do yo mean "the claim issue" ? That's something in favor of lynching silver, not against it.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: September 25, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

That's what Ash is saying, I think.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: September 25, 2014, 04:56:09 pm »

Whatever, in the end my gut says silver is scum and Hydrad is town. Probably.

Intent to hammer.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: September 25, 2014, 04:56:51 pm »

Actually we have everything we need from silver ? reads and stuff ?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »

he did like a 2 line post of his reads.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:27 pm »

yeah. you can hammer.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »

Ok then.

vote : silverspawn

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:22 pm »

ok any last words SS?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:38 pm »

I agree with Teproc that silverspawn didn't have a townie D1, I would argue the opposite actually. Whether it was more or less scummy than Hydrad, I don't really know.

I am happy with a Hydrad lynch too, so whatever, I am not going to be headstrong about it.

Also, Robz: you are accepting that all the investigative claims are true? You seem to be saying that Ash, Volt and silverspawn read strong town to you.

PPE 3

Yes, I believe all the PR claims at this point.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: September 25, 2014, 05:00:31 pm »

I disagree with you Robz.  Not in like an angry old man way, but just our guts are saying different things.

It's fake, not even inspired flailing, followed by "eh whatever, I give up."  It mirrors PPS's giving up, actually.

Plus the claim issue is a pretty strong consideration.

Sure, sure. Well, now we shall see.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: September 25, 2014, 05:01:02 pm »

PPE 3

Yes, I believe all the PR claims at this point.

If you believe the claims, you can't believe the results. I can't think Faust would put that many powers, and no way for mafia to manipulate them.

Anyway, we will soon now if silverspawn was lying.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: September 25, 2014, 05:02:34 pm »

We're losing steam guys, only 35 pages of D2! We aren't going to break the 167 page record this way :P

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »

If we keep lynching scum we're not going to break the record :(

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:51 pm »

You are right.

Vote: witherweaver

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »

We're losing steam guys, only 35 pages of D2! We aren't going to break the 167 page record this way :P

Is that MXII or M31 ? Anyway ourgoal is the 13-player game record, whatever that is.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 25, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »

sigh. okay. I'm scum.

i thought, if i'm really active and don't behave opportunistic in any way, noone would suspect that I can pull this off as scum. It kind of worked, but then PPS got himself killed. i even risked it and tried to defend him, but it wasn't enough, and then that was bad for my image too.

and then the claim just went horribly wrong. sorry teproc, i could should have told you about it during the night, but well we didn't know that we had to claim. i actually did plan it, since i was 1-shot doctor in the previous game, I thought it'd be believable. like, you don't claim a role that you had in the previous game. i even considered claiming the exact same role, but as a one-shot doctor, it would be weird to use my shot N1. i thought this was the better option.

the doctor slip didn't actually mean anything. it really didn't. it could have happened to me as town.

and, well, I thought giving up was untypical for me and it might sound like defeated!town!silver, so that's why I tried that. i was really hoping to get away with that until the very end.

so, gg. the setup seems pretty broken anyway.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:20 pm »

Well, ths is unprecedented.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:32 pm »

Wait was he even lynched?  Didn't Volt change votes?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.